What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RANDY MOSS - Time to DROP him? (1 Viewer)

tate516

Footballguy
Is it him or has this been his worst season because of the journey Belichick sent him on.......

First stop the Vikings with Favre should have been an amazing partnership....but Childress DUMPED him in an attempt to save his job

Now he sits in Tennessee with Fisher who has sung his praises every week before a game,

but Randy has been on the field now with all 3 of the Titans QB's

and still NO touchdowns, not a lot of passes or yards.....So, Collins, VY and Rusty never looked his way!

He draws coverage no doubt, but now he is on a team that doesn't have a QB that can match up with him.

Young had the arm strength but he is done for the season.

The Titans can't even figure out how to use Moss to even benefit Chris Johnson which is unbelievable!

Moss still as a lot in the tank but this season it appears that no one knows how to utilize that except for the Patriots

Maybe he ends up back there next year even if it means taking a contract that doesn't pay what he believes he is worth....

I was just wondering if I am the only the Randy Moss owner who is at the point where its time to cut ties and take a flier on another player

without Randy's pedigree? Riding my bench is NOT why I drafted Moss.....

I would wait to see what happens this weekend if/when Collins starts. Obvious with Rusty dude whatever his name is, moss wasn't going to get jack. Collins threw for over 2500 yards a few years ago as the starter. He's not good, but could be good enough to keep moss rosterable.

You can't drop him!

If you do it now someone else will pick him up and play him against you in the playoffs and he will go off!

Per the fantasy football Gods :moneybag:

Randy Moss, why can't I quit you?!?!

I took two goose eggs in a row before benching him but I can't quit...errr...cut him. In fact, I'm really scared not to start him during the playoffs. I just have a bad feeling he's looking to screw fantasy owners who bench him. Sounds crazy but that may be the ONLY thing motivating him now.

Randy Moss, why can't I quit you?!?!I took two goose eggs in a row before benching him but I can't quit...errr...cut him. In fact, I'm really scared not to start him during the playoffs. I just have a bad feeling he's looking to screw fantasy owners who bench him. Sounds crazy but that may be the ONLY thing motivating him now.
If he isn't motivated by a contract year, he isn't motivated by fantasy football.

Randy Moss, why can't I quit you?!?!I took two goose eggs in a row before benching him but I can't quit...errr...cut him. In fact, I'm really scared not to start him during the playoffs. I just have a bad feeling he's looking to screw fantasy owners who bench him. Sounds crazy but that may be the ONLY thing motivating him now.
If he isn't motivated by a contract year, he isn't motivated by fantasy football.
Yeah - I was joking - kind of - but not really.

By the way, not to turn this into an AC thread, but just curious, who r u guys benching Randy Moss for? My other options are weak but I am still benching him (for Meachem in my case).

Anyone else benching Moss for such a long shot gamble at WR?

Someone said he wanted to wait to see how he did with Collins first, but he already played a game with Collins.

It was his first as a Titan, then I waited for Vince Young when Rusty came in I knew nothing would change.

It's not just Randy Moss with the Titans, its also Chris Johnson, this offense has gone ice cold!

=========

I am thinking about dropping him for Ben Obobamu or Danny Amendola

I give the edge to Obobamu because the Seahawks Mike Williams is still out hurt......

=========

I just haven't seen an argument that makes stating Randy to make or play in the playoffs a realistic opportunity.....

Moss has a good FF playoff schedule. I just picked him up for a possible flex spot. We will see how these next couple weeks go first. I don't need him until weeks 15 and 16. You never know.

This upcoming weekend against the Jags:

R. Moss - 3 catches for 129 yards and 2 TD's

C. Johnson - 26 carries for 198 yards and 3 TD's

he got cut in two of my leagues after his zero point performance (the recent one), no one is going to pick him up...

So are we gonna see a 2006->2007-like resurrection next year? 15+ TD's from... Brees? PManning? Bradford?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude is a head case. It says something when you are on your 3rd team in 1 season and have a rep of taking off on plays you arent in and even those you are involved in.

Worst draft pick i ever made

Moss was becoming a cancer in my locker room so I dropped him in both leagues.

Guy has had two goose eggs this year. Cost me two wins, maybe I was bitter but take a look at the top 200 moving forwarding and some of the WRs ahead of him. Puts his value in perspective if you own him.

Moss comes to NE in 2007, amidst people saying he's done. He goes off on the league for 23 TDs. Why? He's Randy 'effin Moss.

Moss is in a contract year on a good passing offense in 2010, with a HoF QB. He gets traded twice and disappears completely. Why? He's Randy 'effin Moss.

:bag:

I guess I don't understand why you'd drop him at this point. He's one of the best players to ever put on pads. He's still only 33 years old. He hasn't gotten much work with Collins. Collins is the QB that was slinging the rock when Britt went off for 50 fantasy points before getting injured. The stars haven't lined up yet for Randy because he's been shuffled all over the place. Do you realize Britt had only 10 receptions through the first four weeks for 67 yards and once touchdown? Then he became a supernova over the next three contests going for 13 catches for 344 and 5 touchdowns.

Frustration is one thing, but cutting him to pick up guys like Jordy Nelson or Anthony Armstrong is just bananas. You held onto him this long. Me, I thought I was very fortunate to get a player like Randy off of waivers this past week. Have you not watched football in your life. The guy is like a high schooler playing with 6th graders when his game it on. He made Revis look bad just this year. Revis actually hurt himself trying to cover Randy.

He's got juicy matchups coming up in Jacksonville, Indy, Houston, and KC. Houston in the money week that could catapult your team into your league Super Bowl. And Collins will be back then almost assuredly and this team will be in the hunt.

So to answer the original question, no. Now is most certainly not the time to drop Randy Moss.

he got cut in two of my leagues after his zero point performance (the recent one), no one is going to pick him up...
I feel like there's so much miscommunication at times in a lot of these types of threads. For example, I'm used to playing in a lot of leagues that are 12 and 14 teams deep. In those leagues we start 3 Wr's on each of those teams.So to me, with Kerry Collins at QB, the idea of having Moss on the waiver wire and nobody willing to pick him up is proposterous.However, in a 10 team league where you only start 2 Wr's on those teams, I could possibly see that happening.So what is the case for you? Are you talking about a 14 team league where you start 3 Wr's? We have a bunch of people in here saying this and that about it and really, we're all speaking different langauges as everyone's situation varies either slightly or actually quite large.

I guess I don't understand why you'd drop him at this point. He's one of the best players to ever put on pads. He's still only 33 years old. He hasn't gotten much work with Collins. Collins is the QB that was slinging the rock when Britt went off for 50 fantasy points before getting injured. The stars haven't lined up yet for Randy because he's been shuffled all over the place. Do you realize Britt had only 10 receptions through the first four weeks for 67 yards and once touchdown? Then he became a supernova over the next three contests going for 13 catches for 344 and 5 touchdowns. Frustration is one thing, but cutting him to pick up guys like Jordy Nelson or Anthony Armstrong is just bananas. You held onto him this long. Me, I thought I was very fortunate to get a player like Randy off of waivers this past week. Have you not watched football in your life. The guy is like a high schooler playing with 6th graders when his game it on. He made Revis look bad just this year. Revis actually hurt himself trying to cover Randy.He's got juicy matchups coming up in Jacksonville, Indy, Houston, and KC. Houston in the money week that could catapult your team into your league Super Bowl. And Collins will be back then almost assuredly and this team will be in the hunt. So to answer the original question, no. Now is most certainly not the time to drop Randy Moss.
easy for you to say, you havnt been starting him the last season and a half, he hasnt done squat for over a year more or less. Its not because hes been shuffled all over the place, look at the last half of last year, its carried over.

I feel like there's so much miscommunication at times in a lot of these types of threads. For example, I'm used to playing in a lot of leagues that are 12 and 14 teams deep. In those leagues we start 3 Wr's on each of those teams.So to me, with Kerry Collins at QB, the idea of having Moss on the waiver wire and nobody willing to pick him up is proposterous.However, in a 10 team league where you only start 2 Wr's on those teams, I could possibly see that happening.So what is the case for you? Are you talking about a 14 team league where you start 3 Wr's? We have a bunch of people in here saying this and that about it and really, we're all speaking different langauges as everyone's situation varies either slightly or actually quite large.
12 team leagues start 3, one ppr, one not. I wouldnt want him...I have in on my dynasty team and hes sucked for about a year and a half now, havnt started him since week 3 this year....

I guess I don't understand why you'd drop him at this point.
Prior to last week, 215 players in the NFL had caught more passes in Weeks 10-11 than Moss did. Think about how incredibly awful you must be as a starting WR to have 215 players in the entire league catch more passes than you. And don't give me the Rusty Smith Sucks argument either. Yeah he sucks, but Moss has struggled to put up standout production with two future Hall of Famers as well. And it hasn't just been problems this season. Moss hasn't had a 100-yard receiving game since Week 10 of last season. Seriously, the argument being made to drop him is significantly stronger than the argument to keep him and that's been true for several weeks now.Maybe he goes off this week. Anything is possible. But he has had a horrible season and he has struggled to put up big-time yardage totals in well over a season's worth of games now. I'm struggling to think of a good reason to start him at this point? He gets Collins back? How'd that work out for him against Miami. He has an easy matchup on paper? How'd that work out against the Redskins and Texans? If you're starting Moss this week, it's purely being done on blind faith. There isn't a single compelling argument that can be made in his favor. He's s**t the bed with good QBs. He's s**t the bed with easy matchups. Bottom line is he's been arguably this season's biggest fantasy bust. I cut him last week and the only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner. I might not be scrambling right now in Week 13 if I had.

I can't imagine that anyone asking this question is even in playoff contention.

Moss hasn't been rosterable in the last, well, 4 months.

I can't imagine that anyone asking this question is even in playoff contention.Moss hasn't been rosterable in the last, well, 4 months.
You don't believe that. Even so, its playoff time, Moss plays for a team with realistic playoff hopes, with a decent QB, with a great fantasy playoff schedule. Looks like Vegas has them scoring 3 TD's this weekend. Moss is sitting on the waiver wire in 2 of my leagues and I've already picked him up in 1 league. This is a fantasy playoff relevant topic.

I can't imagine that anyone asking this question is even in playoff contention.Moss hasn't been rosterable in the last, well, 4 months.
You don't believe that. Even so, its playoff time, Moss plays for a team with realistic playoff hopes, with a decent QB, with a great fantasy playoff schedule. Looks like Vegas has them scoring 3 TD's this weekend. Moss is sitting on the waiver wire in 2 of my leagues and I've already picked him up in 1 league. This is a fantasy playoff relevant topic.
Moss has done squat all year. I think he is done Marvin Harrison style.There is a reason the guy is on the waiver wire. He is not startable.

Dude is a head case. It says something when you are on your 3rd team in 1 season and have a rep of taking off on plays you arent in and even those you are involved in. Worst draft pick i ever made
Your name says it all. :thumbdown:
Ok that is original. When was the last time the guy had a respectable week of fantasy football or football in general. When you look up fantasy points for WRs this year, im sure you will find Moss on page two. Hell Santana Moss is putting up better numbers then him. The guy is selfish, no way around it, he just takes off what seems like every other play.Lets look at some stats on him this year in a non ppr format.Last....TD...week 7 ( 30yds 1 td ) double digit points...week 5 ( 81yds + 1TD )100+ yard games... none50+ yard games...3His last 4 games? 8yds 26yds 0yds 23ydsI stand by my comment on worst draft pick I ever made. If you are banking on him making noise in the playoffs, then you are going to be out of the playoffs fast while he puts up a fat 2-5pts for you.

Dude is a head case. It says something when you are on your 3rd team in 1 season and have a rep of taking off on plays you arent in and even those you are involved in. Worst draft pick i ever made
Your name says it all. :thumbdown:
Ok that is original. When was the last time the guy had a respectable week of fantasy football or football in general. When you look up fantasy points for WRs this year, im sure you will find Moss on page two. Hell Santana Moss is putting up better numbers then him. The guy is selfish, no way around it, he just takes off what seems like every other play.Lets look at some stats on him this year in a non ppr format.Last....TD...week 7 ( 30yds 1 td ) double digit points...week 5 ( 81yds + 1TD )100+ yard games... none50+ yard games...3His last 4 games? 8yds 26yds 0yds 23ydsI stand by my comment on worst draft pick I ever made. If you are banking on him making noise in the playoffs, then you are going to be out of the playoffs fast while he puts up a fat 2-5pts for you.
Looking into past performance, even recent past performance isn't all of fantasy football.Sometimes its seeing talent in the right situation even when the recent performance hasn't been there.I realize you aren't happy with your draft choice. I find it hard to believe you haven't had many bad ones if you've been playing this game for any length of time.I can tell you I've had a few this season. Ryan Mathews and Jahvid are 2 of my mistakes this year. Am I counting on them in the playoffs? No I am not. But their situation is not good. Both are nursing season long injuries and both have less than advantageous schedules for their position.However, if you look at past seasons, you will find that the guys that end up winning fantasy championships for you often turn out to be guys who haven't exactly lit it up all season long. Personally I'd like to see something from Randy before weeks 15 and 16 which are my playoff weeks in 5 leagues. I am very interested in people's opinions of what Randy can do based on his TALENT, and the given situation from this point forward.I think we all know that Randy has done nothing this year.

I dropped him last week, as next week is the last week of waivers.

I'll be perfectly content for somebody else to waste a roster spot picking him up for the playoffs. I'll be picking up a keeper prospect or a bench guy for the playoffs.

I don't want to be tempted to start him in the playoffs.

He has not shown any sign he can be reliable. It's too late in the game for him to do that now. I've got other WRs I trust more.

Personally I'd like to see something from Randy before weeks 15 and 16 which are my playoff weeks in 5 leagues. I am very interested in people's opinions of what Randy can do based on his TALENT, and the given situation from this point forward.
What he can do and what we can reasonable expect are two very different things.Playoffs are built for reasonable expectations.

I've had a couple of folks ask about whether this is WDIS material. In my opinion, this is absolutely Shark Pool content. Discussing Randy Moss from an overall sense like this is exactly what we want the Shark Pool to be.

J

12 team leagues start 3, one ppr, one not. I wouldnt want him...I have in on my dynasty team and hes sucked for about a year and a half now, havnt started him since week 3 this year....
You say nobody will pick him up.......I gaurantee you someone picks him up in a 12 team, 3 start PPR league for Wr's. Collins is the QB and their pass scheduel down the stretch is favorable.But since you mention you didn't start him since week 3, I can do one better. I didn't draft him.

Eh, I am going to ride him out the rest of the year.

Hopefully Collins can get him the ball.

Personally I'd like to see something from Randy before weeks 15 and 16 which are my playoff weeks in 5 leagues. I am very interested in people's opinions of what Randy can do based on his TALENT, and the given situation from this point forward.
What he can do and what we can reasonable expect are two very different things.Playoffs are built for reasonable expectations.
Agreed. But, in my mind, it is reasonable to expect something very good based on his talent and situation. I know some very smart people who had fairly high expectations for him heading to Tennessee. Since he arrived, his QB situation has been iffy to say the least. That could all change here starting this week. In my humble opinion, I think its reasonable to expect something starting this week or possibly next if Collins stays healthy. I think the return of Britt (another talented receiver for the defense to focus on) next week could be another item in the plus column.

That is my thinking. I would certainly like to see others.

Is anyone really going to trust Moss in a playoff game even if he does go off this week? You just can't risk one of those goose eggs with the title on the line. Add the fact that Britt is coming back for next week's Thursday game and you would have to be crazy or EXTREMELY desperate to start Moss.

Agreed. But, in my mind, it is reasonable to expect something very good based on his talent and situation.
Disclaimer: It's very possible Moss has a big game this week or at some point before the season is over because the fact is nearly every WR in the NFL has done something of note this season.Now onto the talent/situation argument. He is on pace for his fewest receptions in a season by far in his career and he has not had a 100-yard game since Week 10 of last season. That comes despite the fact he has played with Tom Brady, who is one of the top QBs in the game, and Brett Favre who despite regressing this season is a better QB than anyone the Titans have. How is that not a reflection of Moss' talent?

As for his situation, he went to a team that throws the ball less than the other two he was on this team and completes a lower percentage. Why people thought that was a good situation for Moss never made any sense to me. Since arriving, he has not been involved in the passing game despite the fact he has played with each of the team's three QBs. The one QB who actually made an effort to get the ball to Moss (somewhat successfully) is the third-string QB who is the least talented of the bunch. So how is this is a good situation for him?

There has been one clear fact with Randy Moss this season regardless of where he has played. Each of the three teams he's been on has decided that not throwing the ball to him gives their team a better chance to win. The Patriots came to that conclusion (0 receptions by Moss in his final game and only 4 in his last three). The Vikings came to that conclusion (one reception in his last game) and the Titans have come to that conclusion (only 4 receptions in three games).

This is what we know about Randy Moss this season and the fact that the same trend has emerged in all three stops strongly indicates this is more of a reflection on Moss than it is on the team. Again, maybe this is the week Moss does something. It is a very easy matchup on paper. But he's had easy matchups in two previous games with Tennessee and didn't do squat. He has two passes or fewer in more than half of his games, including two games without a catch. There isn't a single compelling reason to start him other than a hope that maybe this is the week he'll do something. You can't say he's a good matchup play because he's been a dog in good matchups as recently as the past two games. You can't say getting Kerry Collins back is a boost because the last time he had Collins in the lineup, Collins didn't throw him the ball at all. It's all based on hope. That's it. Maybe it works out. Anything is possible but I can't see how anyone can say talent and/or situation help Moss this week because they don't. There are no good facts in his favor. It's all about hope. If you want to roll with that, it could work out. Anything's possible. But I think you have to at least acknowledge that you're starting him based on hope because there isn't a single compelling fact that you can use to argue in Moss' favor as a legit starter this week in my opinion.

Is anyone really going to trust Moss in a playoff game even if he does go off this week? You just can't risk one of those goose eggs with the title on the line. Add the fact that Britt is coming back for next week's Thursday game and you would have to be crazy or EXTREMELY desperate to start Moss.
I agree with you, you do have to at least be semi desperate. But let's get something straight, Moss has more talent in his big toe than Kenny Britt. Kenny Britt wouldn't be the reason I decided to start Moss or not if I owned Moss.I hope Moss lights it up for those that are going with him. This thread is reminding me of the old Raider threads, how Moss was washed up and nothing left before he went off for 22 or 23 Td's in NE the next year. The TO threads that said he was done in Buffalo and how he's now outplayed No. 85 on his team and is having close to a pro bowl year.If you have solid players already at the position, I wouldn't risk playing Moss either. If I was semi desperate, and you're deciding over guys like BMW this week who may play but even if he does, how long does he go or the Gaffney's of the WR fantasy world, I may lean towards Moss.

Considering the guy went in the top 3 rounds in most leagues I would imagine. He is an absolute bust. I listed the numbers & if you can justify having him on your roster and in a starting position in a playoff game...well I would love to hear it because there are literally 75+ WRs putting up better numbers then him this season. His attitude alone makes you worry even if he was putting up points, but factor the selfishness and his play? Leave him on the wire or bench.I think he is done as a player period.

You would really have to be dumb to flat out drop moss unless you can only carry 3 wrs. I could perhaps see dropping him in that situation, but there is no reason he shouldn't just sit on your bench to see if he picks it up.

Users who are viewing this thread