What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (6 Viewers)

I watched "Smokey and the Bandit" the other night. It was a PG version and I seemed to remember that being a strong R for Jackie Gleason's language. Am I wrong there? It did sound dubbed at points.I started "Smokey and the Bandit II" but turned it off after 15 mins. It made Cannonball Run look intellengent. Horrible money grab of a movie.
It was always PG. Wouldn't be today of course.Junior: My hat blew off, daddy.Buford T. Justice: I hope your ####### head was in it. :own3d:

I watched "Smokey and the Bandit" the other night. It was a PG version and I seemed to remember that being a strong R for Jackie Gleason's language. Am I wrong there? It did sound dubbed at points.I started "Smokey and the Bandit II" but turned it off after 15 mins. It made Cannonball Run look intellengent. Horrible money grab of a movie.
It was always PG. Wouldn't be today of course.Junior: My hat blew off, daddy.Buford T. Justice: I hope your ####### head was in it. :shrug:
Maybe I just confused some of his lines from the other 2 movies that were pretty bad as well.The first one is still a classic, great lines throughout. The whole movie had a strong improv feel to it, especially the conversations between Burt and Reed, and of course all of Gleason's lines.I had no idea that the Paul Williams who played Little Enos, was THE Paul Williams. He is really funny in this role.

I watched Unthinkable the other day. Very good movie. Don't watch it with kids or anyone remotely squeemish.

Watched The Machinist last night. I can't believe how much weight Bale lost for that movie. He was good, but the movie itself was just OK IMO.

Watched The Machinist last night. I can't believe how much weight Bale lost for that movie. He was good, but the movie itself was just OK IMO.
I'm always amazed that he did The Machinist inbetween Equilibrium and Batman Begins, two very physically taxing movies where he had to bulk up. His body had to have hated him for those three years.

Prodigal Sons - documentary about a dood who was captain of the football team and comes back to his 10 year reunion as a woman. amazingly, the transgender HS reunion takes a backseat to the relationship with his/her estranged adopted brother who had sustained a head-injury and cant seem to handle/deal with the change.

reminds me a little of Exit Through the Giftshop, where you start the movie thinking you are watching one story and it end up being about something else entirely

Documentaries - Touching the Void and Man on Wire are awesome.

If you like vampire movies - Let the Right Ones In is top shelf. District 9 if you like Alien movies. Best In Show and Waiting for Guffman are now available as well.

The best Netflix has to offer are its tv shows. I had never watched Lost. All 6 episodes available for instant streaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Documentaries - Touching the Void and Man on Wire are awesome.

If you like vampire movies - Let the Right Ones In is top shelf. District 9 if you like Alien movies. Best In Show and Waiting for Guffman are now available as well.

The best Netflix has to offer are its tv shows. I had never watched Lost. All 6 episodes available for instant streaming.
Man, I thought that series ran longer than that! :no:

Documentaries - Touching the Void and Man on Wire are awesome. If you like vampire movies - Let the Right Ones In is top shelf. District 9 if you like Alien movies. Best In Show and Waiting for Guffman are now available as well. The best Netflix has to offer are its tv shows. I had never watched Lost. All 6 episodes available for instant streaming.
Man on Wire, Let the Right One In and Best in Show are all top notch in their respective genres.Touching the Void, District 9 and Guffman are all decent too but don't approach the others IMO.Never watched Lost. I might get to it now that it is over.

Anyone interested in getting into a new series.

"Brotherhood" is available to stream and is decent. Lots of violence, organized crime (Irish), etc. Takes place in Providence, RI.

I'm always amazed that he did The Machinist inbetween Equilibrium and Batman Begins, two very physically taxing movies where he had to bulk up. His body had to have hated him for those three years.
:goodposting: Man he looked crazy in Machinist. Then again i could stand to lose a few pounds myself. :lmao: Wiki:
Christian Bale starved himself for over four months prior to filming, as his character needed to look drastically thin. Allegedly, his eating consisted of one cup of coffee and an apple (or a can of tuna) each day (approximately 275 calories, or 1.2 kilojoules).[4] According to the DVD commentary, he lost 28 kilograms (62 lb), reducing his body mass to 54 kilograms (120 lb). Bale wanted to go down to 45 kilograms (99 lb), but the filmmakers would not let him due to health concerns. He later regained the mass, plus an additional 27 kilograms (60 lb) through weightlifting and proper eating, in preparation for his role in Batman Begins.

2001: A Space Odyssey looks good in streaming.

But how did this movie EVER get to be popular? It's been 25 years since I've watched it, and now I remember why.

Talk about a pretentious bore-fest. :goodposting:

But how did this movie EVER get to be popular? It's been 25 years since I've watched it, and now I remember why.

Talk about a pretentious bore-fest. :bag:
Have it in my queue. I never saw the whole thing. So I shouldn't waste my time?Watched Boondock Saints last night. :blackdot:

has anyone using the XBOX360 to stream from netflix been able to get Dolby Digital 5.1 sound? I've only been able to get stereo. TIA.

Talk about a pretentious bore-fest. :lmao:
Have it in my queue. I never saw the whole thing. So I shouldn't waste my time?
:shock: I kind of felt obligated to watch it again. I guess my sense of curiosity was satisfied at least.

whoever recommended Batman: Under the red hood...

:goodposting: :blackdot: very dark.. almost as dark as the newer batman movies.

I never saw the appeal but I guess it's considered an important movie for some reason. Probably just for the opening sequence, and I guess the monolith is supposed to make one think...about what I have no idea.

I never saw the appeal but I guess it's considered an important movie for some reason. Probably just for the opening sequence, and I guess the monolith is supposed to make one think...about what I have no idea.
Is it going to put me to sleep? I like science fiction, but I tried to watch Blade Runner and couldn't get through it.

Talk about a pretentious bore-fest. :shrug:
Is it going to put me to sleep? I like science fiction, but I tried to watch Blade Runner and couldn't get through it.
Yes. Blade Runner is at least 100x more exciting than 2001.

Talk about a pretentious bore-fest. :shrug:
dude

Talk about a pretentious bore-fest. :tinfoilhat:
Probably. First 10 minutes is kinda fun though.

Whoever said Nip Tuck was about to get really bad once they moved to California was not kidding. Season 5 is so ridiculous that it's almost unwatchable. Christian killing Gina, the guys fighting, the mysterious absence of Conner, even more things that are ridiculous.

ETA - AS I wrote thta post, Sean's agent decided to kill the CAA agent or something....good grief. This is insane...

ETA2 - my goodness, she's trying to suffocate him with teddy bear stuffing....this is awful.

Talk about a pretentious bore-fest. :confused:
dude
I had a feeling I'd be taking some #### for not even finishing Blade Runner . . . and I tried twice.

I had a feeling I'd be taking some #### for not even finishing Blade Runner . . . and I tried twice.
Don't feel too bad. I agree that it's not all that compelling and is another film that, while I do enjoy it, is overrated in the annals of movie history.Other movies in that category - Apocalypse Now and Close Encounters. They're better movies to look at than watch.

Don't feel too bad. I agree that it's not all that compelling and is another film that, while I do enjoy it, is overrated in the annals of movie history.Other movies in that category - Apocalypse Now and Close Encounters. They're better movies to look at than watch.
not thinking it's that great is one thing. not being able to finish it? :confused:

Agree. I've tried to watch Apocalypse Now a dozen times and can't get in to it.

I still like Close Encounters. Maybe Blade Runner just doesn't hold up. It seems kind of slow.Apocalypse Now is also in my queue. Never saw that.

I still like Close Encounters. Maybe Blade Runner just doesn't hold up. It seems kind of slow.Apocalypse Now is also in my queue. Never saw that.
Apocalypse Now is great...once.

not thinking it's that great is one thing. not being able to finish it? :shock:
:banned:The first time I thought I was just tired maybe. The next day I tried again, but I just didn't care what happened to anybody in the story.

Users who are viewing this thread