What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 1 Draft Discussion (2 Viewers)

team update

QB - P. Manning & Fitzpatrick

RB - McCoy & Woodhead

WR - MWill/TB, Holmes, Manningham, and Amendola

TE - M. Lewis

I correctly see several people drafting quarterback tandems earlier and with more thought than the historical norm for our survivor leagues - should there actually be an 18 game season with double bye weeks, this will be a factor

Good picks on the Saint WR2/3 in Lmoore Meachem.

I debated them with my last pick.

I like Grant alot more than Starks. Starks isnt all that good IMO.

updated team

Mike Vick, M Hasselbeck

Jahvid Best, Cedric Benson, CJ Spiller

Hakeen Nicks, Brandon Lloyd, Chad Ochocinco/Johnson, Jacoby Ford

Heath Miller

I didn't was hoping the QB2 run wasn't going to be so ugly before it got back to me. I like this team ok if Hasselbeck is back in Seattle. If not... :shrug:

:mellow: you ####ers really porked my short list for this round's pick......head of the clAss would be Twilight but there were several others that received the one finger wave

updated with two nice additions

QB - P. Manning & Fitzpatrick

RB - McCoy, Woodhead, & Goodson

WR - MWill/TB, Holmes, Manningham, Amendola, & Armstrong

TE - M. Lewis

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantWR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin Boss
Jacoby Jones - Breakout potential in 2011, took over as the clear WR#2 in HOU at the end of the season. Wanted to go him and Armstrong but Hook sniped Armstrong. :finger:Kevin Boss - Just a solid backup TE...not too many of those out thereLet's be honest, I once again have drafted a frontrunner.

Last edited by a moderator:
QB: Rivers

RB: CJ2k, Lynch

WR: Bryant, Harvin, Williams (Sea), Smith (Car)

TE: Celek, Cook

D: Pitt, NYJ

Glad Cook lasted to my last pick. Very happy with that pair considering they were TE21 and TE25 off the board. Beefed up the defense since I'll basically be riding Rivers solo.

QB: RiversRB: CJ2k, LynchWR: Bryant, Harvin, Williams (Sea), Smith (Car)TE: Celek, CookD: Pitt, NYJGlad Cook lasted to my last pick. Very happy with that pair considering they were TE21 and TE25 off the board. Beefed up the defense since I'll basically be riding Rivers solo.
I just don't like this squad much, your RB depth is lacking. Your TEs are below average and near the worst. You only have one QB. Your WR depth is okay, but no real studs to carry you unless Bryant breaks out.Not feeling this squad. I'll likely rank it near the bottom. We'll see what you do the second half of the draft.

QB: RiversRB: CJ2k, LynchWR: Bryant, Harvin, Williams (Sea), Smith (Car)TE: Celek, CookD: Pitt, NYJGlad Cook lasted to my last pick. Very happy with that pair considering they were TE21 and TE25 off the board. Beefed up the defense since I'll basically be riding Rivers solo.
I just don't like this squad much, your RB depth is lacking. Your TEs are below average and near the worst. You only have one QB. Your WR depth is okay, but no real studs to carry you unless Bryant breaks out.Not feeling this squad. I'll likely rank it near the bottom. We'll see what you do the second half of the draft.
Now wait a minute...He has a stud QB who was #1 for about the 1st 8 weeks this past season with virtually no one to throw it to, you must imagine SD fixes that. Chris Johnson is a top3 RB, Lynch seems firmly planted in Seattle and the OL will improve.He getsSteve Smith as his WR4, pretty nice.At TE Celek could easily bounce back and Jared Cook will likely start in Tennessee this season. 2010 isn't the best way to do this thing. Pimpin and I haven't really been knocking it ot of the park but we also like some of our team that many others will scoff a but we are all trying t look into the future. Ceranly he got the jump on defenseLook huckie, you have done a nice job of drafting but there's no reason to be a complete tool when there are other teams in much worse shape than BnB... Besides, after FA and a few injuries come week 4 or 5 of the season many front runners will look like also rans.

Honestly given your recent track record in fantasy football and make predictions...I take this as a ringing endorsement. Regardless...I'll play along. Rivers had 12 20+ pt weeks. QB depth isn't an issue. You don't need RB depth early when you have two starters. There will be guys who go undrafted that outperform the guys getting selected now. I could not draft another WR and my WR corps would still be better than yours. TE is weak on paper...same as the guys who drafted Watson and Lewis last year.

Look huckie, you have done a nice job of drafting but there's no reason to be a complete tool when there are other teams in much worse shape than BnB...
I'm being a tool because I said I don't like his team...is this an all ladies league?Guess I'll just be quiet until we can rank teams.

Got caught on the short side of the QB runs so I know I'm going to be weak there.

Went with defense earlier than normal to ensure I wouldn't be caught at the end of a D run & be weak @ 2 positions. Wanted to take the Jets, but BnB beat me to them.

QB - Tony R0m0 , Chad Henne

RB - Steven Jackson, Shonn Greene, Chris Ivory

WR - Andre Johnson ,Kenny Britt,Deion Branch,Demaryious Thomas, Steve Breaston

TE - Kellen Winslow Jr.

Huge Jacoby Ford fan, really came on at the end of last year, his rookie season. Has the makings for DeSean Jackson II if he can get any kind of steady QB play. Outstanding pick ACP.
Ford's catch rate is in the mid 40% range. Lotsa targets = few catches. His yard/catch ratio warrants WR-#3 range. If they ever get the rock in the short field, or he get's a QB with an above 55% conversion rate, he'll be way dangerous.

E. Sanders was going to be my next pick before Fiddles got him. I don't think Ward will retire after this year, but I think Sanders will have as many receptions as Ward next year. Somewhere in the mid 50s would be my guess.

Joining in with Bass to load up on DSTs with good turnover history, particularly lately. I agree with him that the top units score well, but selecting so early has two issues, the first being the sacrifice of missing some sokid guys still there to be picked and secondly, the difficulty of repeating success.

Maybe it will be a slight position advantage, but if not it was not a good move.

QB: Rivers (SD)

RB: CJ2k , Lynch

WR: Bryant, Harvin, Williams (Sea), Smith (Car)

TE: Celek, Cook, Tamme

D: Pitt, NYJ, PHI

Let the the musical chairs begin. :goodposting:

Surprised Tamme lasted this long. He'll post scoreable weeks in this format and I won't have to know when to start him. I've got the talent at TE, just need them to get the opportunity.

QB: Rivers (SD)RB: CJ2k , Lynch WR: Bryant, Harvin, Williams (Sea), Smith (Car)TE: Celek, Cook, TammeD: Pitt, NYJ, PHILet the the musical chairs begin. :goodposting: Surprised Tamme lasted this long. He'll post scoreable weeks in this format and I won't have to know when to start him. I've got the talent at TE, just need them to get the opportunity.
AH yes the Old 3TE 3Def attack, if Ive seen it once Ive seen it a million times :pickle:

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantRB - Ryan Williams - rookieWR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin BossDEF - Saints D
Ryan Williams - If he lands in the right place he will easily exceed value

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantRB - Ryan Williams - rookieWR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin BossDEF - Saints D
Ryan Williams - If he lands in the right place he will easily exceed value
and if not you have one less bullet in a gun that will already be limited

and if not you have one less bullet in a gun that will already be limited
Nah...I doubt this kid goes in the 1st/2nd and then sits on the pine.The rookie RBs almost always go higher in the SSLs after they've been drafted...food for thought.

My team so far UPDATE after round 13

QB - Josh Freeman

RB - Hillis, Moreno, P. Thomas, and R. Jennings

WR - Roddy White, Colston, Collie and Julio Jones

TE - J. Gresham and Olsen

DST - Giants and Bears

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantRB - Ryan Williams - rookieWR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesWR - David GettisTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin BossK - David AkersDEF - Saints D
Gettis - even with dog#### at QB, this guy had a few big games as a rookie...if the Panthers actually have a QB next year he'll be huge value. I love this team

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantRB - Ryan Williams - rookieWR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesWR - David GettisTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin BossK - David AkersDEF - Saints D
Gettis - even with dog#### at QB, this guy had a few big games as a rookie...if the Panthers actually have a QB next year he'll be huge value. I love this team
If nothing else, you have the edge on Ryans.......... really surprised at the woofing for Gettis though.

really surprised at the Dressen and F. Davis picks. Was the thinking here that Cooley or Daniels would get hurt? Seems to me like a round 20 flyer pick.

rzrback77 said:
really surprised at the Dressen and F. Davis picks. Was the thinking here that Cooley or Daniels would get hurt? Seems to me like a round 20 flyer pick.
can't speak for the Dressen pick but the Redskins certainly don't have any world beaters at WR.....also many teams are starting to run the 2 TE sets.

13.01 BassNBrew - Philadelphia Eagles, D - PHI DST8

13.02 LHUCKS - New Orleans Saints D , DST9

13.03 Capt Hook - Oakland Raiders D. DST10

13.04 Duke1948 - Baltimore Ravens D, DST11

13.05 Rudy - Atlanta Falcons D, DST12

13.06 Norseman - San Diego D, DST13

13.07 Fullback Fro - San Francisco 49ers D, DST14

13.08 Pimpin Aint Easy - Tampa Bay Buccaneers D, DST15

13.09 Duckboy - Minnesota Vikings D, DST16

13.10 Steel Dillo - Arizona Cardinals D, DST17

13.11 Bicycle_seat_sniffer - Detroit Lions D, DST18

13.12 Twilight - Seattle Seahawks D, DST19

13.13 AhrnCityPahnder -Kanas City Chefs - Def20

13.14 Rzrback77 - Rashard Jennings - RB53 - Jax

13.15 Fiddles - Indy COlts - def21

13.16 Radballs - Miami Dophins - Def22

14.01 Radballs - St. Louis Rams - Def23

14.02 Fiddles -Leon Washington RB54 - Sea

14.03 Rzrback77 -Eddie ROyal - WR74 - Den

14.04 AhrnCityPahnder - Cleveland Browns - Def24

14.05 Twilight - Tennessee Titans - Def25

14.06 Bicycle_seat_sniffer - Houston Texans - Def26

14.07 Steel Dillo - Brian Hartline - WR75 Mia

14.08 Duckboy - Dexter McCluster - WR76 - KC

14.09 Pimpin Aint Easy - Washington Redskins - Def27

14.10 Fullback Fro - Cincy Bengals - Def28

14.11 Norseman - Buffalo Bills Def 29

14.12 Rudy - Jacksonville Jaguars - Def30

14.13 Duke1948 -Denver broncos - Def31

14.14 Capt Hook - Carolina Panthers - Def32

Now that's a run.

Hook, I think you came out alright. The new panther coach will bring some better schemes to town.

Drew Brees

Matthew Stafford

Ray Rice

Felix Jones

Montario Hardesty

Mike Wallace

Malcom Floyd

Donald Driver

Jerricho Cotchery

Jonathan Baldwin

Jerome Simpson

Zach Miller

Ben Watson

San Francisco

Cincinnati

it's Dreesen and he had a few nice games with Daniels out.....and Daniels is a free agent and coming off the injury so it's not so clear that he is back with Houston which would make the pick Much better.......and I was going to couple that with Tamme on the turn which was spoiled by B#######.

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantRB - Ryan Williams - rookieWR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesWR - David GettisWR - Plaxico BurressTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin BossK - David AkersK - Ryan LongwellDEF - Saints D
Plaxico - Wanted him all along, really interested to see where he lands. he'll have two months to get into gameshape, so he may not contribute until a month or two into the season. But he should be well rested and motivated.Plax's last full season = 1000 and 12

QB - Matt RyanQB - Sam BradfordRB - Arian FosterRB - Ryan TorainRB - Ryan GrantRB - Ryan Williams - rookieWR -Desean JacksonWR- Dwayne BoweWR - Davone BessWR - Jacoby JonesWR - David GettisWR - Plaxico BurressTE- Tony GonzalezTE - Kevin BossK - David AkersK - Ryan LongwellDEF - Saints D
Plaxico - Wanted him all along, really interested to see where he lands. he'll have two months to get into gameshape, so he may not contribute until a month or two into the season. But he should be well rested and motivated.Plax's last full season = 1000 and 12
I like your team Hucks, except TE. Tgonzo lost like 4 steps last year, even with those 0 catches he looked superslow. I dont think you are booted before Halloween this year

I'm not knocking the pick as I wanted him in my league (but he went 80 some odd picks earlier). But 1000/12 was 4 years ago and that was on the Giants (who knows what his numbers would look like on Cleveland). He'll be 34 and hasn't played since almost the mid point of the 2008 season. Again, there's little risk 250+ picks into the draft. I agree that he will be interesting to monitor this season.

I'm not knocking the pick as I wanted him in my league (but he went 80 some odd picks earlier). But 1000/12 was 4 years ago and that was on the Giants (who knows what his numbers would look like on Cleveland). He'll be 34 and hasn't played since almost the mid point of the 2008 season. Again, there's little risk 250+ picks into the draft. I agree that he will be interesting to monitor this season.
Yeah, he's far from a lock for good numbers. I like him as my WR#6 and in the 17th round...but anyting earlier than the 15th round seems like a reach.

All done

Mike Vick, M Hasselbeck

Jahvid Best, Cedric Benson, CJ Spiller, Justin Forsett

Hakeen Nicks, Brandon Lloyd, Chad Ochocinco/Johnson, Jacoby Ford, Devin Hester, Jason Avant

Heath Miller, J Shockey, Kyle Rudolph®

KC, Cle

Robbie Gould

I like my WRs. Was surprised I could get a guy who is a lock for 45-50 rec in the last round. my RBs are kind of lame, if Spiller can hold on the damn ball I may do ok. Thanks to the glorious wonders of pain medicine, I forgot I drafted Shockey and was looking for a 2nd TE when I grabbed the rookie. Oh well, hoping he goes late in the first and sees the field a bit this year. Obviously the success or failure of this team is all hinged on Vick. One kicker because I didn't want to roll the dice on one of the 3 or 4 idiots who may or may not have a job.

I started out kind of meh on this team but I like it ok now.

eat my balls

QB - Tony R0m0 , Chad Henne

RB - Steven Jackson, Shonn Greene, Chris Ivory, Donald Brown, Anthony Dixon

WR - Andre Johnson ,Kenny Britt,Deion Branch,Demaryious Thomas, Steve Breaston

TE - Kellen Winslow Jr., Anthony Fasano

K - Garrett Hartley, Phil Dawson

D - detroit Suh's, Houston

The Demaryious Thomas injury is just bad luck. Too bad becuase I really liked this team with 2 sleeper picks to go, I like the balance and potential.

Users who are viewing this thread