What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamaal Charles (1 Viewer)

Ocram

Footballguy
That did not look good at all. Wouldn't be surprised if he's done for the year.

Update -- Carted off the field

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he was in some pain on the cart going off the field. My guess is ACL tear. There goes my season in one league :wall:

That did not look good. Slipped on the sidelines and immediately grabbed his knee rolling in pain.

Hate to speculate but it looked bad and he was writing in pain instantly when he wasn't really tackled going out of bounds...that sux.

He slipped on a down marker. They need to reconsider where the place these things.

Deep, deep leaguers might want to grab Le'Ron McClain.

Dexter McCluster should get even more 3rd down work, too.

After dropping Jones for Nicks insurance this week. I saw it coming too. Luckily not a Charles owner. Hate to see people go down regardless, sucks.

wow, Chiefs were already looking like they were going to take a huge step backwards this year......this news could enter them in the Luck derby.

This thread is bull ####. You can speculate all you want and ya it looked really bad but people are drawing conclusions in here and stating it as fact. Here is fact: his status is questionable to return. People need to shut their mouths and stop trying to influence his value and throwing people in an immediate panic.

Yeah, that did look pretty bad, I don't have him in any of my leagues but hopefully he's ok. Picked up Jones in one of my deep leagues just in case though.

This thread is bull ####. You can speculate all you want and ya it looked really bad but people are drawing conclusions in here and stating it as fact. Here is fact: his status is questionable to return. People need to shut their mouths and stop trying to influence his value and throwing people in an immediate panic.
If you think he's "questionable" to return today you obviously didn't see the play.

If you think he's "questionable" to return today you obviously didn't see the play.
I am saying that there are a whole lot of Doctors in this thread. Nothing is set in stone. I don't think he is coming back today but a lot of people are talking in "fact" and that is the only "fact" presented to the public right now.

Here is fact: his status is questionable to return.
Fiction
That is what had rolled across the screen and said online. Ya it looks very bad but it wouldn't be the first time something looked bad and was a strain. I hate speculative crap that has gone on in this thread.
I feel your pain but he wasn't tackled and went writhing on the carpet, and they put him on the cart when if he could even walk gingerly he could have limped to the sideline or bench first and then gone to the locker room. It did not look good and I don't think it's unfair for folks to start drawing conclusions or making alternate plans. Thomas Jones for example is available in several leagues I compete in. I don't own Charles so I probably don't care that he is available but for JC owners, they might want to try and get him if they don't have him already. I don't think people are hoping for this to be a season ender, in fact I would like nothing more than to find out it was a sprain but from watching the play, if I owned Charles, I would be assuming he won't be in my line up for quite a while.

it wasn't the down marker, it was his incredibly long stride then plant while running full speed

like in baseball why your coaches ALWAYS taught you NEVER to lunge to the bag at first base ... same principle here ... looked like he was lunging for the first down

I am saying that there are a whole lot of Doctors in this thread. Nothing is set in stone. I don't think he is coming back today but a lot of people are talking in "fact" and that is the only "fact" presented to the public right now.
who died any made you internet police?everyone knows that this is opinion and not fact. we don't need your protection.

'faulkfan said:
I'm pretty sure he's dead. I would cut him, pick up McClain, Jones and McCluster.
This may end up being good advice, but I'm glad I only play in leagues with waivers so I don't have to make a decision like this during the game.

'Bojang0301 said:
'RenegadeGM said:
'Bojang0301 said:
You need to calm down. Just because you own Charles and he's likely out of the season doesn't mean you get to take it out on everyone else.

'faulkfan said:
I'm pretty sure he's dead. I would cut him, pick up McClain, Jones and McCluster.
This may end up being good advice, but I'm glad I only play in leagues with waivers so I don't have to make a decision like this during the game.
you mean you play in a real league. Any league that allows pick ups during games is mickey mouse.

I dont own Charles, but I hate to see this. Shortened training camps is wreaking havoc on the health of the players.
That had absolutely nothing to do with it. Nor did the 1st down marker. He took a bad step. No doubt (without confirmation of course) it looks like a torn knee of some sort. As a Charles owner in 4 leagues...this stings. But that's football.Time to make adjustments and move on. If one player kills your team (these are all dynasty teams) then you don't have a team.

I dont own Charles, but I hate to see this. Shortened training camps is wreaking havoc on the health of the players.
That had absolutely nothing to do with it. Nor did the 1st down marker. He took a bad step. No doubt (without confirmation of course) it looks like a torn knee of some sort. As a Charles owner in 4 leagues...this stings. But that's football.Time to make adjustments and move on. If one player kills your team (these are all dynasty teams) then you don't have a team.
Post of the thread so far, also taking Charles in redrafts this year was nothing but a gamble.

I must be in the minority that I don't think it looked as bad as many here are saying. I would be surprised if he is out for the year.

This guy gets it on a lot of levels. No offseason programs I can blame for all the hamstrings, but not that particular injury for Charles.

Users who are viewing this thread