What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crock pot / Slow cooker recipes (1 Viewer)

Pork Belly Tacos al Pastor

Brine

2 lb pork belly

1 C apple cider vinegar

Cut pork into strips (like thick bacon). Brine in a 1-gallon zip bag for 2 hours, then drain well.

Sauce

5 dried guajillo chilies

5 dried pasilla chilies

2 dried ancho chilies

3 C water

Boil chilies in water until soft, about 10 minutes. Remove stems, veins, and seeds.

2 chipotles in adobo, seeds removed

1 Medium tomato, toasted, peeled and seeds removed

1 Medium onions, finely chopped

1/2 Head of garlic peeled

1 T cumin powder

5 Cloves

1 C pineapple juice

1/2 C pineapple chunks

1/2 C orange juice

Salt to taste

Combine chilies and the above ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth

Heat 1 T vegetable oil in a large skillet. Add sauce and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

Marinate

Pour the sauce over the pork and marinate several hours or overnight.

Cook

If desired, brown the pork briefly in a skillet. Add pork and sauce to crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours.

Serve

Make tacos. Top with cilantro, chopped onion, and fresh lime. Optionally, queso fresco or chopped pineapple.

I had a craving for mushrooms and thought a chicken marsala in the crock sounded like a good idea. Found a recipe online and tweaked it a bit for my palate. 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts1/3 cup all-purpose flour2/3 teaspoon salt2/3 teaspoon pepper2/3 teaspoon dried basil2/3 teaspoon cayenne1 cup marsala wine1 cup low sodium chicken broth3 tablespoons butter, broken into small pieces8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, sliced8 ounces fresh brown mushrooms, sliced2/3 cup peasDirections:Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and basil, and sprinkle over the chicken.Pour the wine and broth into the crockpot.Dot the butter over the chicken and dump the mushrooms on top.Cook LOW for 5 hours.Add peas. I'm going to thaw them first. Cook another hourWhen the 6 hours are up, take the chicken out and place on the serving dish. Stir the sauce a little, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.Going to serve it over pasta.So far its been the easiest thing I've made. No chopping, no browning, no nothing. I'm just putting things in the crock and pressing play.
This turned out lousy. The sauce just didn't come together

If one of you is totally and completely BORED one day and you want to go through the thread for the recipes which were the biggest hits, paste them all into one post and then I will in turn paste them into the OP.
I feel like someone did this on page 9.(Because I did it on page 9. 2 posts, back to back)
:thumbup:
You should be able to move it into the OP fairly easily from there. That way everyone doesnt have to dig to page 9 to find the list of the hits.

Made beef stew for the first time ever this weekend. HFS is it good! 8 hours on low with following ingredients:2 lbs. stew beef (cubed)3 celery stalks1 onion2 large potatoes3 large carrots1 McCormick beef stew seasoning packet1 2/3 cups water. Put all veggies and beef in slow cooker. Mix seasoning mix with water. Pour into slow cooker. Done.
Seeing this thread title over and over inspired me to buy a crockpot at a garage sale. The beef stew was great and simple. Seasoning packets are too fancy for me so I used salt and pepper instead.
I added whole fresh mushrooms cut in half, and a can of stewed tomatoes. It was good and the meat cooked perfectly. Next time, adding a can of corn, three or 4 cans of stewed tomatoes, another container of mushrooms, and only 1 potato instead of two.
I make a beef (or pork butt) stew similiar to the original here. I use beef broth instead of the water and seasoning packets. Also throw in plenty of sliced garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and some bay leaves. I prefer red potatoes to regular ones. Throw in one of those jumbo cans of diced tomatoes too. Mmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a little place near me that makes the most incredible hot Italian sausage and homemade sauerkraut. Throwing it all in the crock now and cooking until we get home from softball games. Served on crusty rolls. There is no other smell in the world like Schmidt's sausage cooking in kraut for 8 hours. :drool:

Trying this healthy number from Skinnytaste.com. Will report back. Looks and smells great so far.

Crock Pot Chicken Taco ChiliServings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 ptsCalories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 gIngredients: 1 onion, chopped 1 16-oz can black beans 1 16-oz can kidney beans 1 8-oz can tomato sauce 10 oz package frozen corn kernels 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies 1 packet taco seasoning 1 tbsp cumin 1 tbsp chili powder24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts chili peppers, chopped (optional)1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Directions: Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).

Got some Beef Stroganoff in the cooker:

1 1/2 lb beef stew meat

10oz fresh mushrooms, halved

1 onion chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1 cup beef broth

2 tsp paprika

1 tsp salt

1 cup sour cream

2 Tbsp ketchup

2 Tbsp flour

1 pkg. (16 oz.) egg noodles, uncooked

PLACE meat, mushrooms, onions and garlic in slow cooker. Add broth, paprika and salt. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 5 hours).

MIX sour cream, ketchup and flour. Stir into ingredients in slow cooker until well blended. Cook, covered, on LOW 15 min. Meanwhile, cook noodles as directed on package.

DRAIN noodles; place in large serving bowl. Add meat mixture; mix lightly.

I have 1/2 pre cooked smoked ham. I am going to try a suggestion I saw that talked about scoring the ham, dust it with brown sugar, wrap it in reynolds wrap and then cooking it in the crock pot for 3-4 hours. We will see how this turns out.

I get tired of cooking a ham the same boring way in the oven, so I am going to try this. Plus if this works out, this is going to be an awesome help on Thanksgiving because we usually prepare a turkey and a ham and this will free up the oven space.

I have 1/2 pre cooked smoked ham. I am going to try a suggestion I saw that talked about scoring the ham, dust it with brown sugar, wrap it in reynolds wrap and then cooking it in the crock pot for 3-4 hours. We will see how this turns out.I get tired of cooking a ham the same boring way in the oven, so I am going to try this. Plus if this works out, this is going to be an awesome help on Thanksgiving because we usually prepare a turkey and a ham and this will free up the oven space.
what is 1/2 pre cooked?I'd like to try a ham in the cooker too.

I have 1/2 pre cooked smoked ham. I am going to try a suggestion I saw that talked about scoring the ham, dust it with brown sugar, wrap it in reynolds wrap and then cooking it in the crock pot for 3-4 hours. We will see how this turns out.I get tired of cooking a ham the same boring way in the oven, so I am going to try this. Plus if this works out, this is going to be an awesome help on Thanksgiving because we usually prepare a turkey and a ham and this will free up the oven space.
what is 1/2 pre cooked?I'd like to try a ham in the cooker too.
I didn't word it correctly. It is half of a ham instead of a full ham. It is boneless and pre-cooked.

So two weeks ago I bought I 2.5 lb pre seasoned pork shoulder cooked it up and made some fairly bad hass pulled pork. I went shopping today and they had the same package for $6.99. I put three in my cart and headed off down the isle where I bumped into a center isle refrigerated display. In this display they had these enormous 10 lb pork shoulders on sale for $2.19 a lb. And on top of that, if you had the supermarkets grocery card it was buy one get one free. So I ended up with two 10lb Pork shoulders for just over $20!

I put them in the freezer for now. I'll probably save one for a family event of some sort and thaw out the other one and hack it into 4 smaller roasts.

:porked:

So two weeks ago I bought I 2.5 lb pre seasoned pork shoulder cooked it up and made some fairly bad hass pulled pork. I went shopping today and they had the same package for $6.99. I put three in my cart and headed off down the isle where I bumped into a center isle refrigerated display. In this display they had these enormous 10 lb pork shoulders on sale for $2.19 a lb. And on top of that, if you had the supermarkets grocery card it was buy one get one free. So I ended up with two 10lb Pork shoulders for just over $20!I put them in the freezer for now. I'll probably save one for a family event of some sort and thaw out the other one and hack it into 4 smaller roasts. :porked:
:moneybag:Have fun.

Update?

Update?
I put it in on high for 1 hour and then cooked it on low for 3 hours. WOW!!! It was good. All the sugar just carmelized on the ham. My kids ate every little scrap. Now I need to experiment on a larger ham before I attempt this for a holiday meal.

My low cal beef pot roast:

Ingredients:

4 lbs of Beef Pot Roast

3 Large Onions

24 oz of Baby Bella Mushrooms

15 oz of Organic Baby Carrots

6 Stalks of Celery

3 cups of Cabernet Sauvignon Wine

20 oz of Organic Peas

1 tbs of Organic Coconut Oil

Aloha Bay - Himalayan Crystal Salt (Pink), 1 tsp

Generic - Ground Black Pepper , 2 g, 1 tsp

Fresh Finds - Garlic Powder, 1 tsp

Prep:

Onions: Peel & chunk onions into 1/2's and then each half into 1/4's

Mushrooms: Sliced about 1/4 thick

Baby Carrots: Left Whole

Celery: Sliced into 1/2 pieces

Pot Roast: Season each side with salt, pepper and garlic powder

* You will need about a 6 quart pot or dutch oven

- Place Dutch Oven or large pot over medium high heat and put in the tbs of Coconut Oil. Allow oil to fully melt until it appears or smells HOT

- Place entire pot roast into dutch oven to brown for 3 minutes and then flip and brown the opposite side for 4 minutes while reducing the heat to medium low

- Add onions, mushrooms, celery and carrots on top of pot roast

- Slowly pour wine over vegetables, cover and let simmer for 3 hours

- (Optional) Uncover and using tongs begin to pull the roast apart. By now the roast should easily come apart into extremely tender pieces.

- At 3-1/2 Hours Add Peas and check beef for desired saltiness (add salt if needed).

- Uncover and reduce heat to low for 30 minutes to bring temperature down to a more suitable serving level.

Did a nice Italian Beef over the weekend for a birthday party. Couldn't get into using the broiler, but when not cooking for a crowd, I prefer to finish the sandwich off under said broiler. Put this on 6" long roll or even eat it with mashed potatoes and some vegetables.

1 boneless Chuck Roast 4 lbs+/-

11 ½ oz jar Pepperoncinis

2 tsp dried Basil

2 tsp dried Oregano

2 tsp Sea Salt

1 tsp ground Black Pepper

2 Tb minced Garlic

2 Large Sweet Onion

Hard rolls

Shredded Mozzarella cheese

Put roast in Crock Pot. Cut in chunks if necessary to fit. Slice off stems & remove seeds of pepperoncinis. Slice peppers in thin rounds. Rub garlic on meat, sprinkle spices over meat. Add pepperoncini slices on top & 1/3 jar of the pepperoncini juice. Slice onion & add on top. Cover & Cook on High setting for 3-4 hours or until meat falls apart. Remove bone & stir gently to mix onions & peppers throughout meat. Turn to Low setting until ready to serve. Split the rolls & lightly toast under broiler. Pile meat on toasted bread & add Mozzarella cheese on top. Put back under broiler to melt cheese.

'NJDawgPound said:
Trying this healthy number from Skinnytaste.com. Will report back. Looks and smells great so far.

Crock Pot Chicken Taco ChiliServings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 ptsCalories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 gIngredients: 1 onion, chopped 1 16-oz can black beans 1 16-oz can kidney beans 1 8-oz can tomato sauce 10 oz package frozen corn kernels 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies 1 packet taco seasoning 1 tbsp cumin 1 tbsp chili powder24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts chili peppers, chopped (optional)1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Directions: Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream (extra points).
This turned out to be phenomenal and didn't feel like it was healthy. 2 cups of this, and 2 servings of mozzarella melted in, less than 500 calories. I made the mistake of cubing the chicken first and I was afraid of drying the chicken out, so I cooked it on the 10 hour setting for 3 hours, put it on warm during the Browns game, and then put it back on the 10 hour setting for another two hours. Chicken was tender and juicy.I think what put it over the top was the taco mix I used was the Trader Joe's one. It's just spicy enough to kick it up without dominating the meal.

'NJDawgPound said:

This turned out to be phenomenal and didn't feel like it was healthy. 2 cups of this, and 2 servings of mozzarella melted in, less than 500 calories. I made the mistake of cubing the chicken first and I was afraid of drying the chicken out, so I cooked it on the 10 hour setting for 3 hours, put it on warm during the Browns game, and then put it back on the 10 hour setting for another two hours. Chicken was tender and juicy.I think what put it over the top was the taco mix I used was the Trader Joe's one. It's just spicy enough to kick it up without dominating the meal.
Gonna give this one a try soon. :thumbup:

Is there a real noticable difference between cooking on low and high? We usually buy the ingredients the morning of so by time we get home, it's usually too late to do an 8-10 hour cook.

I'm a big fan of short ribs recently. Cooked up a batch of this yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Below is the general recipe, but I scaled the meat back to 1 1/2 lbs. of short ribs and cut everything else about in half. Tastes similar to Coq Au Vin. We skipped the parsley, so it's effectively 5 things you need: short ribs, wine, mushrooms, onions and sour cream.

I'd be interested in other short ribs ideas if you got 'em.

Short Ribs Parisienne

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

4 pounds beef, short ribs, cut into 3" pcs

1/2 teaspoon pepper, black

3 cups onion, sliced

1/4 cup dry red wine, beef broth, or water

1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms, sauteed in butter

1 cup sour cream

salt, to taste

2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley

Preparation:

Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle short ribs with salt then add to hot skillet. Brown short ribs well on all sides. Season the meat with pepper and transfer turn into a bowl. Add the oil to the skillet and saute the onion for about 3 minutes; transfer to the slow-cooker. Swirl the red wine, broth, or water in the hot skillet and scrape up the browned bits. Add to the slow cooker along with the beef ribs.

Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or until short ribs are very tender.

Remove short ribs to a serving platter and keep warm. Sauté mushrooms in a large skillet until tender; add the cooking liquid to the skillet. Simmer, scraping up the pan juices, until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove skillet from the heat. Stir in the sour cream and return to the heat just long enough to heat through. Do not boil. Taste and adjust seasonings. Pour sauce over the meat and sprinkle with fresh parsley.

Serves 6.

Here's an easy one I've done a few times with rave reviews:

Italian Beef Sandwiches

1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed

2 tablespoons dried basil

2 tablespoons dried oregano

1 cup water

1 envelope onion soup mix

10-12 Italian rolls or sandwich buns

Place roast in slow cooker.

Combine basil, oregano, and water; pour over roast.

Sprinkle with soup mix.

Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove meat; shred with a fork and keep warm.

Strain broth; skim off fat.

Serve meat on rolls; use broth for dipping if desired.

I want to make pot roast sandwiches for the games tomorrow. Anyone have a good recipe?
Looked at a couple recipes and more or less took them in account but just used my instincts. Turned out GREAT!In crockpot put the fillowing:3lb piece of pot roast, found a faux tenderloin cut at $3.99/lb which i went with.2 packs of no sodium beef broth 1-2 Tbs of garlic powder1 Tbs dried parsley1-2 tspn of thymeA few twists of black pepperA few shakes of worchestershore sauce 1 1/2 cups waterCooked on low for 6 hrsCut up carrots, califlower, mushrooms, onions and added after 6 hours. Cooked another 1.5 - 2 hrs on low until veggies were right feel.Put on toasted hamburger bun with the following sauce:3/4 cup lite sauer cream1-2 Tbs horseradish sauce1 tspn thyme1 Tbsp dried parsley1 Tbsp minced garlicIngredients will vary to taste. Our meat had almost no fat and i turned over during the course of cooking. Shred the meat right before adding veggies. Super good and low fat.

Can't remember if I posted my Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe or not. If I did, it was a long time ago. Similar to the others, but it can't get any easier than this. You can prep it in 5 minutes or less and it's incredibly tasty.

4 boneless chicken breasts

2 15oz cans black beans, undrained

2 15oz cans Rotel tomatoes

1 cup salsa (whichever hotness you prefer)

1 4oz can chopped green chilies

14 1/2oz can tomato sauce

2 cups grated cheese

Tortilla chips

Combine all ingredients except cheese and chips in large crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and shred (chicken will be so tender, you can cut it up with a fork). Stir into soup. Ladle soup into bowls and top with tortilla chips and cheese.

Lazy Man’s Pulled Pork3 to 5 lb Pork ShoulderCan of CokeDash of Liquid SmokeCup of your favorite BBQ sauceCook pork shoulder in coke and dash of liquid smoke for 8 hours on low. Drain shoulder, shred, and discard liquid and any fat chunks. Add BBQ sauce and pulled shoulder back to crock pot and cook on low for another 2 hours. Serve on sturdy toasted bun.
Been using this recipe since I found it here 5 years ago. Legit.

Made the salsa chicken last night that someone posted a page or two back and it was very tasty. Will definitely be making that one again.

This one is really easy:

1.Cook 15lb turkey for a nice family dinner

2.Snicker when you see how much is left of the bird

3.Hand shred (this part f'n sucks) remaining bird and throw in crock pot

4.Add a cup of chicken broth and 3 large jars of turkey gravy

5.Serve on sturdy roll or "taste test" with leftover Hawaiian Sweet rolls throughout the day

Glorious

Also had an idea while doing this. Why not have Thanksgiving in one big pot? Shred your turkey leftovers, add some gravy, corn, mashed potatoes, stuffing and mix together on low. What could go wrong?

No go on soups in the crock pot for me.

I'm a soup expert (or at least I'd like to think) and I tried one of the chicken tortilla soup recipes listed here.

The ingredients are great, but the broth itself tastes like water and has the same consistency.

With a good soup you really need to cook it uncovered so it cooks down and compound the flavor. When the veggies, chicken, etc release their water, it just deadens the stock you added to the crock pot.

(ETA: I tried pulling it and simmering on the stove for an hour but the chicken was beginning to get stringy and overcooked and just basically quit)

Maybe I'll try a different kind of soup, but the broth is just too flavorless.

As a matter of fact, I have so much left over, I think I'm going to strain the broth and use what's left as a topping for some nachos.

No go on soups in the crock pot for me.I'm a soup expert (or at least I'd like to think) and I tried one of the chicken tortilla soup recipes listed here.The ingredients are great, but the broth itself tastes like water and has the same consistency.With a good soup you really need to cook it uncovered so it cooks down and compound the flavor. When the veggies, chicken, etc release their water, it just deadens the stock you added to the crock pot.(ETA: I tried pulling it and simmering on the stove for an hour but the chicken was beginning to get stringy and overcooked and just basically quit)Maybe I'll try a different kind of soup, but the broth is just too flavorless.As a matter of fact, I have so much left over, I think I'm going to strain the broth and use what's left as a topping for some nachos.
I agree. Anything that will require a sauce or broth is never going to be great in the crock. The broth will never "come together".

Doing some turkey links with black beans

10 Italian Turkey sausage links

5 cans black beans

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can corn kernels

1 can Spicy V8

1 onion

2 Poblano chiles

4 cloves chopped garlic

1 tsp red pepper flakes

2 tsp garlic powder

Salt and black pepper to taste

Brown the links in a pan. Add to crock

Dice onions and put in pan with sausage grease. Saute until translucent with the red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Add garlic and saute for one minute.

Deglaze pan with V8, getting all the brown bits. Add the contents of the pan to crock.

Fire roast the Poblanos. Remove skin, remove seeds and dice Poblanos. Add to crock.

Add diced tomatoes to crock.

Add garlic powder to crock.

Rinse beans and corn, add to crock.

Cooking on low for about 8 hours. Smells great in here!

Spicy V8 is my super secret flavor weapon. I add it to most braises and marinades. I highly recommend experimenting with it.

Damn what I did today was good...

California Chicken

5 chicken breasts

1 can mandarin oranges

1 can pineapple chunks

1 diced green bell pepper

1/2 cup chili sauce (sriracha)

1 Tbsp Soy sauce (I added some more)

1 tspn dry ground mustard

1 tbsp maple syrup

Garlic Salt - I used a bit more than 1 tspn, which is suggested

1. Place chicken in the crockpot.

2. Mix all the spices and liquids in a bowl, then pour over the chicken.

3. After 6+ hours, add in the fruits and the bell pepper

4. 30 or so more minutes, then serve over brown rice.

Before I add in all the oranges, pineapples, and bell pepper, I take the chicken out and shred it with a fork on a plate. Then I put it back in an dmix in the fruits and bell pepper.

Top notch.

^^^

Can you taste the Maple Syrup?

This looks good but I absolutely loathe maple syrup. Just curious if it's just for sweetening and I can replace w honey or agave nectar

^^^ Can you taste the Maple Syrup?This looks good but I absolutely loathe maple syrup. Just curious if it's just for sweetening and I can replace w honey or agave nectar
It's actually molasses that is called for in what I had originally, and I added in the pineapples. I can't taste any syrup, I think it just thickened the sauce a bit/offset some chili sauce kick.I would think honey of any kind would work just as well, it's just that I had syrup and not molasses or honey.

Alright, I'm experimenting here. In the Crockpot now:

--3 thick cut boneless pork chops (Seasoned with Lawry's and Black pepper)

--Wrapped each chop with slice of thick cut bacon

--1 large onion thickly julienned on the bottom for the chops to rest on

--2 tablespoons of chopped garlic

--1 can Cherry Coke

--Dash or 2 of Liquid Smoke

--Sprinkling of brown sugar over the chops

On low for 7-8 hours. If you set the onions up right, the Coke should come up to 1/4-1/2 way up the chop. Gonna baste them with the mixture after a couple of hours of breaking down.

Will report back.

Alright, I'm experimenting here. In the Crockpot now:--3 thick cut boneless pork chops (Seasoned with Lawry's and Black pepper)--Wrapped each chop with slice of thick cut bacon--1 large onion thickly julienned on the bottom for the chops to rest on--2 tablespoons of chopped garlic--1 can Cherry Coke--Dash or 2 of Liquid Smoke--Sprinkling of brown sugar over the chopsOn low for 7-8 hours. If you set the onions up right, the Coke should come up to 1/4-1/2 way up the chop. Gonna baste them with the mixture after a couple of hours of breaking down.Will report back.
Sounds good....love the use of cherry coke.But, I don't see anyway bacon will work in a crockpot. I think someone else tried and it just turned to mush.

Alright, I'm experimenting here. In the Crockpot now:--3 thick cut boneless pork chops (Seasoned with Lawry's and Black pepper)--Wrapped each chop with slice of thick cut bacon--1 large onion thickly julienned on the bottom for the chops to rest on--2 tablespoons of chopped garlic--1 can Cherry Coke--Dash or 2 of Liquid Smoke--Sprinkling of brown sugar over the chopsOn low for 7-8 hours. If you set the onions up right, the Coke should come up to 1/4-1/2 way up the chop. Gonna baste them with the mixture after a couple of hours of breaking down.Will report back.
Sounds good....love the use of cherry coke.But, I don't see anyway bacon will work in a crockpot. I think someone else tried and it just turned to mush.
Yep, maiden voyage. Just hoping it imparts some flavor to the pork chop.

No go on soups in the crock pot for me.I'm a soup expert (or at least I'd like to think) and I tried one of the chicken tortilla soup recipes listed here.The ingredients are great, but the broth itself tastes like water and has the same consistency.With a good soup you really need to cook it uncovered so it cooks down and compound the flavor. When the veggies, chicken, etc release their water, it just deadens the stock you added to the crock pot.(ETA: I tried pulling it and simmering on the stove for an hour but the chicken was beginning to get stringy and overcooked and just basically quit)Maybe I'll try a different kind of soup, but the broth is just too flavorless.As a matter of fact, I have so much left over, I think I'm going to strain the broth and use what's left as a topping for some nachos.
I'm not a fan of creamy soups but I would think they would be ok.

That's what she said.Hiyo.

That's what she said.Hiyo.
Pow

Just dropped a 4 pound pork shoulder in with 2 cans of coke.

Seasoned with liquid smoke, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper

Got some red onions pickling too go on top of the sandwich

Ready for the Hurricane now.

Pulled pork sandwiches, slice of cheddar or no?

The chicken tortilla soup one I posted is more like a chili and there is no broth/stock. Give that one a try. It cooks up nice and thick like a chili. Definitely not watery.

Users who are viewing this thread