What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (2 Viewers)

Thanks Dallas Cowboy defense. Bryce Brown? 2TDs before the half? Even I knew they only thing they had to worry about without DeSean Jackson out was Brown. All I wanted was to win 1 of 2 games to try and get byes in my main 2 leagues and after mismanaging myself out of one, I am now down 9 in the other league thanks to Brown. My only hope is Cruz tomorrow night, but he hasn't had a good game in forever and I am sure the Cowgirls will figure out a way to play defense tomorrow.

Thanks Romo you moron. Let's hurry and call a timeout and give the Eagles time left. Then the D decides to drop 11 in coverage and ignore Brown for 20 yards. This is effing disgusting. I hate FF so much now, I may quit next year. Not worth the aggravation. Even my mother could do time management better than the idiot Cowboys. They had 3 TOs, they could have easily run the clock out. Brown got 30 yards on 4 runs. 50 seconds left, 1st and goal and the Cowgirls call a TO so early.

Likewise. Brown got me a ton of points...

Then he coughed up a fumble which the Dallas D returned for a TD. I was also starting the Dallas D tonight, and that fumble return gave me the victory!

Thanks, Bryce!

Scored 184 last week and 182 this week, the #3 and #4 best scores all-time in my league. Lead the league in points scored and have the second best record, locking up a first round bye. Getting hot at just the right time!

'stbugs said:
Thanks Romo you moron. Let's hurry and call a timeout and give the Eagles time left. Then the D decides to drop 11 in coverage and ignore Brown for 20 yards. This is effing disgusting. I hate FF so much now, I may quit next year. Not worth the aggravation. Even my mother could do time management better than the idiot Cowboys. They had 3 TOs, they could have easily run the clock out. Brown got 30 yards on 4 runs. 50 seconds left, 1st and goal and the Cowgirls call a TO so early.
Lol

Made some god awful trades this year getting rid of dez, cam, adp and bowe at different points in the season. Noooo problem. Plugged in brown, ryan/freeman, shorts, DX, ans D thomas. And the train keeps on movin down the line.....

Got the luxury of playing either the highest or 2nd highest scoring teams in all 3 of my leagues this week. What timing..

'stbugs said:
Thanks Dallas Cowboy defense. Bryce Brown? 2TDs before the half? Even I knew they only thing they had to worry about without DeSean Jackson out was Brown. All I wanted was to win 1 of 2 games to try and get byes in my main 2 leagues and after mismanaging myself out of one, I am now down 9 in the other league thanks to Brown. My only hope is Cruz tomorrow night, but he hasn't had a good game in forever and I am sure the Cowgirls will figure out a way to play defense tomorrow.
'stbugs said:
:lmao:

I have to hope Tynes does not get more than 8 points tomorrow night or I lose a first round bye.

Thanks Romo.

I hope you never win a SB.

I knew going into the weekend that I needed to win my game or lose and have a particular team that I lost a tiebreaker with lose or tie.

Thanks to Brees and graham, this week was an uphill battle that I ended up losing by a whole bunch.

The guy that I needed to lose was up 11.8 going into Sunday night facing Witten, who got 10.8, ending my season losing a three way tiebreaker despite having 100 more points than both of the teams I tied with.

FML

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Luck and RG3.

Week 1

Started Luck 10

Sat RG3 20

Week 2

Started Luck 12

Sat RG3 29

Week 3

Started RG3 17

Sat Luck 25

Week 4

Luck on Bye

RG 3 12

Week 5

Started RG3 0

Luck 22

Week 6

Started Luck 0

Sat RG3 36

Week 7 (The only game I made the right decision)

Started RG3 19

Sat Luck 12

Week 8

Started RG3 5

Sat Luck 7

Week 9

Started RG3 5

Sat Luck 22

Week 10

RG3 on Bye

Luck 12

Week 11

Started Luck 22

Sat RG3 37

Week 12

Started Luck 5

Sat RG3 37

Week 13

Started RG 3 ???? Probably crap (edited to add 10) :lmao:

Sat Luck 36

:cry: WTF???

'stbugs said:
'stbugs said:
:lmao:
I tell you man, this thread has helped me a lot this year. :)That said, it has been the most frustrating year ever and I have been playing for over 15 years. I was going for the #1 seeds in 2 leagues and now because of bad decisions last week (1.5 point loss) and bad decisions/bad luck this week I am most likely a wild card in both, which is $$$ for division winners. One year I want to be a lucky guy, is that too much to ask? I want to lose my #1 RB and have his backup score 50% more points that my #1 RB's highest game all year 2 weeks in a row. I want to have to start Shon Greene due to bye week issues and get 160 yards and 3TDs. Nope, I am the guy who picks Finley over Gonzalez because even though he thinks Ryan will break out, he decides its better to diversify. FMFFL. ;)

I have Luck and RG3. Week 1Started Luck 10Sat RG3 20Week 2Started Luck 12Sat RG3 29Week 3Started RG3 17Sat Luck 25Week 4Luck on Bye RG 3 12Week 5Started RG3 0Luck 22Week 6Started Luck 0Sat RG3 36Week 7 (The only game I made the right decision)Started RG3 19Sat Luck 12Week 8Started RG3 5Sat Luck 7Week 9Started RG3 5Sat Luck 22Week 10 RG3 on ByeLuck 12Week 11Started Luck 22Sat RG3 37Week 12Started Luck 5Sat RG3 37Week 13Started RG 3 ???? Probably crapSat Luck 36 :cry: WTF???
LOL, that's my story with TEs in one league where we get 2 PPR for TEs. Last week I start Moeaki over Cook, this week Cook over Moeaki. The decision last week cost me the division and a decent shot at a bye. It has seemed like I made the wrong decision every week (including the draft where I decided on Finley over Gonzalez). I think the bad mojo from the draft carried over all year. The amount of pickups and thought process every week at TE when I could have had the right guy from the start, which coincidentally would have gotten me 2 more wins and the #1 seed without even playing this week. :wall:

I have Luck and RG3. Week 1Started Luck 10Sat RG3 20Week 2Started Luck 12Sat RG3 29Week 3Started RG3 17Sat Luck 25Week 4Luck on Bye RG 3 12Week 5Started RG3 0Luck 22Week 6Started Luck 0Sat RG3 36Week 7 (The only game I made the right decision)Started RG3 19Sat Luck 12Week 8Started RG3 5Sat Luck 7Week 9Started RG3 5Sat Luck 22Week 10 RG3 on ByeLuck 12Week 11Started Luck 22Sat RG3 37Week 12Started Luck 5Sat RG3 37Week 13Started RG 3 ???? Probably crapSat Luck 36 :cry: WTF???
Its the karma of thinking you were going to be super cute and clever by getting both these players. Seriously, you're tqwo QBS are two rookie QBS. What exactly did you expect other than inconsistency?

I like these threads just because it reminds me (and proves to my wife) that no matter how silly I act when its all on the line with my fake team, that I'm not atypical and there are guys out there a lot worse off than me.

Its the karma of thinking you were going to be super cute and clever by getting both these players. Seriously, you're tqwo QBS are two rookie QBS. What exactly did you expect other than inconsistency?
I totally expected inconsitency but you'd figure I'd make the correct call more than once. Besides this is a venting thread so I'm doing just that. Karma. Give me a break.

I totally expected inconsitency but you'd figure I'd make the correct call more than once. Besides this is a venting thread so I'm doing just that. Karma. Give me a break.
yup, you're in the right place to vent; that's what its here for. Just saying: if its not to be expected and its not karma, then don't go to Vegas is all I could tell you because that's some pretty uncanny run of bad luck.

Started Brees then Broyles and Blackmon over Turner and Sidney Rice

Lost my 6th seeded position to the playoffs :wall:

unless Tynes has a 20point game tonight, and London Fletcher puts up a dud

no complaints here, having one of my best fantasy football years. 6 leagues, and I'm getting a first round bye in all of them.

in my "big money" league, if Nicks can get me 75 yds and a TD I can move into first, which means $$$, since all transactions cost $1 and all the transaction money over the year goes to the top seed.

So that's what I'm hoping for tonight.

Then next week will be more relaxing...except for all the side bets I'll probably make.

oh wait, there is a downside....I'm a Vikings fan, and we're trying to compete for who has the worst qb, lol

no complaints here, having one of my best fantasy football years.
Same for me. 3 leagues, 3 good runs.I should end up with the #1 seed in my redraft and hopefully not blow the last week to get a bye in my auction (although I'm teetering on falling out of the top 2 spots) C'MON RGIII!!!

Why getting the best team on paper doesn't matter as much as pure luck.

I won the reg. season but I'm out of the playoffs after the 1st week and here is my lineup

Ryan

Foster, D. Martin

AJ Green, Cruz, Colston

Gonzalez

Panthers vs the Chiefs

Bryce Brown and Cecil Shorts help make up for starting Sproles and the disappointing week by Ryan.

Well...that Calvin guy doesn't hurt either.

Have had the best record in my main league all season long and was in a 3-way tie heading into this week and lost this week thanks to Ryan, Mathews, Julio, Broyles, Harvin/McGahee, etc. Would have had a bye week next week, but am now going to very likely be playing the hottest team in the league in the first round.

Baltimore 4th quarter collapse ruined my perfect Sports Action Toto ticket. The difference in getting 12 out of 13 and getting 13 out of 13 was about 10 grand.

Marty B. 14 points in the first half :thumbdown: , 0 in the 2nd half. :thumbup:

His team lost by 3 and I finished 1st in the league with a bye next week. :lmao:

Sad to say that Blair Walsh's missed FG cost me a playoff spot. I lost by 2 and had Zeurlein on the bench. Or I could have played SJax over Mathews. Either would have gotten the job done. Ugh.

Made some god awful trades this year getting rid of dez, cam, adp and bowe at different points in the season. Noooo problem. Plugged in brown, ryan/freeman, shorts, DX, ans D thomas. And the train keeps on movin down the line.....
That Triple H guy is one helluva Tight End!! :excited:

I'd just like to praise Pierre Garcon and Brandon Myers for helping me overcome Brees' horrible game. Barely won and it gave me the 5th seed as opposed to the 8th seed in our playoffs that start next week. :thumbup:

Lost in one league by 1.2 points to a 4-8 team to lose a bye, now positioned for a matchup with an owner who has the hot hand via selling out on two seasons in a keeper league in one thanks to Lawrence Tynes. Missed playoffs in another because team I lose H2H tie breaker with played a 3-9 team that did not set its lineup.

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

in my "big money" league, if Nicks can get me 75 yds and a TD I can move into first, which means $$$, since all transactions cost $1 and all the transaction money over the year goes to the top seed. So that's what I'm hoping for tonight.
well this sure didn't happen, but still 6 first round bye's in 6 leagues...so still happy about the season.

I Picked up Morris week one which kept me competitive. I picked up Bryce before the trade deadline and he prolonged my season.

Going head to head with the Commish for the last playoff spot in my $ league week 13. With identical records, the winner advances, the loser walks. 16 points down going into last nights action, he with Bradshaw going, me with Cruz and Morris. I catch him. I pass him. The Giants run instead of pass. He catches me. He passes me. Giants run out of time and lose. glock loses. Stoopid ####### Giants.

...and we can't keep free agents. :sadbanana:

a friend of mine in the league mentioned above had Morris last night, and needed 125 yards OR a TD to win. Morris gets 124 yards and no TD....he loses.....and drops out of the playoffs by 1 spot due to points scored tie breaker (by 15 points scored).

ouch

a friend of mine in the league mentioned above had Morris last night, and needed 125 yards OR a TD to win. Morris gets 124 yards and no TD....he loses.....and drops out of the playoffs by 1 spot due to points scored tie breaker (by 15 points scored).ouch
####.

Lost by 1.2 points in the first round of the playoffs. That last pass to Garcon cost me (PPR League). WASHINGTON SHOULD HAVE JUST RUN THE BALL!!!! :hot:

I needed to win last week of regular season to make playoffs. I have Morris, opponent has Garcon. Morris fumbles loses me 2, Garcon gets credit for the tackle on the fumble recovery and gets 1.5 points. Still manage to hold off opponent by 1 point and I make the playoffs.

Wednesday night a Buffalo sack of Chad Henne is changed to a Chan Henne completion to himself for -6 yards and team defense Buffalo is down a sack which results in me down 2 points and now I lost the match up and am out of the playoffs. Oh well.

ETA -- just watched Morris fumble and I don't see how Garcon gets credit for a tackle. Damn Elias Sports Bureau.

When McGahee went down I offered Hillman to his owner for Jennings and put in a claim for Moreno at the same time. Trade was accepted, and waivers went through a few hours later. It's the sharkiest thing I've ever done.

Myers was a risk...he's had some crappy weeks in there. So not too shocked that he didn't do much for me.

Was hoping more out of Demeryus though!

Myers was a risk...he's had some crappy weeks in there. So not too shocked that he didn't do much for me.Was hoping more out of Demeryus though!
The worst Myers had done since Week 6 was 7.9 points in my ppr leagues. I felt safe that he would at least get me 10 against the team that gives up the most points to TEs...The combination on Myers/Thomas in two PPR leagues (15 points total - not good), is leaving me scratching my head going into Sunday, yuck.

Brady or RgIII, Rudolph or Gresham, AB or Mike WIlliam arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not looking for advice....... Lineup is set

Users who are viewing this thread