What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

Hi Jeff,

Starks or Ballard? Have Ballard, but could pick up Starks. Besides this week, what do you think long term?

My RBs are hurtIng.

10 pt per TD

1.0 pt per 10 yds offense

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff,Starks or Ballard? Have Ballard, but could pick up Starks. Besides this week, what do you think long term?My RBs are hurtIng.10 pt per TD 1.0 pt per 10 yds offenseThanks
ballard only because i dont believe in starks. might see if beanie wells is available. should be back in a week or two

Jeff,

IN a ppr...

I have L. Moore and Austin in now, but would you sub sproles in for one of those if he plays?

Would you trade Charles for Lynch? redraft

And any idea when Murray may be back?

What days are best to check in with you? ON here....or twitter ok (just been tying to sort of limit my bothering you too much.

Thanks

Thanks, Jeff. Not sure I am a believer either, but was thinking starter on a higher scoring team might be better than interloper part-time player. Matchups favor IND down the road however. Thank you again.Have a good Thanksgiving!

Hi Jeff,Starks or Ballard? Have Ballard, but could pick up Starks. Besides this week, what do you think long term?My RBs are hurtIng.10 pt per TD 1.0 pt per 10 yds offenseThanks
ballard only because i dont believe in starks. might see if beanie wells is available. should be back in a week or two

Jeff:

(1) Rice, Ridley, or JC - need two in a .5 ppr.

(2) Maclin, Lloyd, M. Williams, or T. Young - need two out of this quartet.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jeff,

Was offered the following monster in a 12 team dynasty PPR. I can't bring myself to accept the deal. It's about 99% certain I'm out of the playoffs, so I'm looking towards next year now:

I give: Forte, FJax, Demaryius Thomas

I receive: Doug Martin, Blount, Dwyer and Mike Wallace

Roster:

Stafford, Cutler

Forte, FJax, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Quizz Rodgers, Donald Brown,

Thomas, Torrey Smith, Carolina Steve Smith, Amendola, Kerley, James Jones, Rod Streater

Finley, Keller

I love Martin, but can't bring myself to deal Thomas.

Thoughts?

Hi Jeff, thanks again for your help! Hope you are feeling better!

Marcel Reece put me back in the playoff hunt!

I have quite the dilemma: I must pick 4 of these players. I can use 2 RBs and 2 WRs or 1 RB and 3 WRs.

The choices are: Spiller, Fred Jackson, Reece, Mathews and Cobb, Nelson, Harvin, Danario Alexander, Cecil Shorts.

Nice problem to have but tearing my hair out! I'm leaning Spiller, Cobb and Nelson with Harvin not 100%. The last spot is tough.

Thoughts?

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Jeff, Was offered the following monster in a 12 team dynasty PPR. I can't bring myself to accept the deal. It's about 99% certain I'm out of the playoffs, so I'm looking towards next year now:I give: Forte, FJax, Demaryius ThomasI receive: Doug Martin, Blount, Dwyer and Mike WallaceRoster: Stafford, CutlerForte, FJax, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Quizz Rodgers, Donald Brown, Thomas, Torrey Smith, Carolina Steve Smith, Amendola, Kerley, James Jones, Rod StreaterFinley, KellerI love Martin, but can't bring myself to deal Thomas. Thoughts?
I like it for you, even though I like Thomas a ton. Getting the young RB will help your lineup each week. Plus, Wallace is expected to be elsewhere next year, and hopefully in better situation

Hi Jeff, thanks again for your help! Hope you are feeling better!Marcel Reece put me back in the playoff hunt!I have quite the dilemma: I must pick 4 of these players. I can use 2 RBs and 2 WRs or 1 RB and 3 WRs. The choices are: Spiller, Fred Jackson, Reece, Mathews and Cobb, Nelson, Harvin, Danario Alexander, Cecil Shorts.Nice problem to have but tearing my hair out! I'm leaning Spiller, Cobb and Nelson with Harvin not 100%. The last spot is tough.Thoughts?Have a great Thanksgiving!
I think you play Harvin if he plays and Spiller is a great play esp if FJax sits. For the last two, it comes down to Reece, the GB WRs, Alexander, and Mathews. I do not like Mathews and do not trust Alexander yet. So, two of Reece, Cobb, and Nelson. I think you gotta start Cobb. I think you start Reece if McFadden is still out and Nelson if not.Good luck

Jeff,

Any idea on when Murray comes back?

Kaepernick,Palmer or Rivers??

Need Three out of these this wee Jeff: Charles,Morris,Reece,Parmelee,Hillman,Brown

Myers or Bennett?

Harvin or Austin.....only due to harvin injury do i ask.

Sproles or L. Moore,or harvin this week in ppr....been playing both moore and

Colston on one team, and it's been good for a few weeks.

Kerley, or Shorts?

Pats or Panthers?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks

Hey Jeff

I need some advice as to which 2 flex players to start this week in my PPR league.

Scoring is .8 pts per reception, 1 pt for 8 yards receiving, 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and all TD = 6 pts

Which 2 should I start?

1. RB Leshoure vs Hou

2. TE Keller vs NE

3. RB Sproles vs SF

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving!!

Hey JeffI need some advice as to which 2 flex players to start this week in my PPR league.Scoring is .8 pts per reception, 1 pt for 8 yards receiving, 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and all TD = 6 ptsWhich 2 should I start?1. RB Leshoure vs Hou2. TE Keller vs NE3. RB Sproles vs SFThanks and happy Thanksgiving!!
Sorry I did not get back to this last night. Would have said both RBs

Jeff,

Any idea on when Murray comes back? Kaepernick - all QBs light up NO

Kaepernick,Palmer or Rivers??

Need Three out of these this wee Jeff: Charles,Morris,Reece,Parmelee,Hillman,Brown

Myers or Bennett?

Harvin or Austin.....only due to harvin injury do i ask. moot at this point

Sproles or L. Moore,or harvin this week in ppr....been playing both moore and

Colston on one team, and it's been good for a few weeks.

Kerley, or Shorts?

Pats or Panthers?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks

Hi Jeff! Well my playoffs are dimming but still alive. Next week, once again I have huge dilemmas!

QB: Rodgers or RG3? I almost want to with RG3 for the fun factor but not sure Rodgers won't rebound in a big way.

RB and WR (can play 2 and 2, or 1 and 3) Spiller, Mathews, Fred Jackson, Reece, DMC, Cobb, Harvin, Nelson, Shorts and Garson.

Lots of choices again! Would you be nervous about the GB receivers with Jennings coming back? At this point, only Spiller and maybe Cobb are no-brainers. Wo else should I use?

Thanks again man!

Jeff,

This'll be my first time in here this season, but it's important.

I win this week, I'm in the playoffs. I'm 2nd in the league in scoring, but I'm only 5-7 because I have the most points against by a wide margin - just awful luck this year.

TE and Defense are my issues - I'm stacked everywhere else.

I have Gates, Cincy, Cleveland, and Indy right now.

Available TEs:

Pitta

M Bennett

Dwayne Allen

Brandon Myers

Housler

Charles Clay

ETA: Scoring for TEs are 0.5 ppr and 1/15 rec yards

Defenses I'm looking at grabbing are:

Arizona

Green Bay

Buffalo (looking decent lately)

We do NOT get Special Teams scores, but we do get defensive scores. If the other team gets a pick six, it does NOT count against your defense. The XP, however, does. We're very heavily leaned to turnovers and sacks as opposed to points allowed. As in, it helps not to give up points, but scoring isn;t a huge component. TOs are 2, sacks are 1, TDs are 6.

As of now, I'm thinking of going with Myers and Cincinnati. What are your thoughts?

Also - if DMC is out, but Goodson isn't, how do you view Reece? As of now, he's behind Mathews, Morris, and Leshoure for me.

Jeff, if McFadden and Goodson are both out for week 13, do I use Marcel Reese as my flex (vs Cleve) or am I better off with Torrey Smith (vs Pitts)? Standard scoring, no PPR. Thanks!

Hi Jeff! Well my playoffs are dimming but still alive. Next week, once again I have huge dilemmas!QB: Rodgers or RG3? I almost want to with RG3 for the fun factor but not sure Rodgers won't rebound in a big way. - like RG3 vs NYG over ARod vs Minn. I just think you get a higher ceiling with RGIIIRB and WR (can play 2 and 2, or 1 and 3) Spiller, Mathews, Fred Jackson, Reece, DMC, Cobb, Harvin, Nelson, Shorts and Garson.Lots of choices again! Would you be nervous about the GB receivers with Jennings coming back? At this point, only Spiller and maybe Cobb are no-brainers. Who else should I use? I think I would go with Spiller, Cobb, Garcon and Nelson. The two GBPacker WRs should offset the upside of not starting Rodgers. Thanks again man!

Jeff,This'll be my first time in here this season, but it's important.I win this week, I'm in the playoffs. I'm 2nd in the league in scoring, but I'm only 5-7 because I have the most points against by a wide margin - just awful luck this year.TE and Defense are my issues - I'm stacked everywhere else. I have Gates, Cincy, Cleveland, and Indy right now.Available TEs:PittaM BennettDwayne AllenBrandon MyersHouslerCharles ClayETA: Scoring for TEs are 0.5 ppr and 1/15 rec yardsDefenses I'm looking at grabbing are:ArizonaGreen BayBuffalo (looking decent lately)We do NOT get Special Teams scores, but we do get defensive scores. If the other team gets a pick six, it does NOT count against your defense. The XP, however, does. We're very heavily leaned to turnovers and sacks as opposed to points allowed. As in, it helps not to give up points, but scoring isn;t a huge component. TOs are 2, sacks are 1, TDs are 6.As of now, I'm thinking of going with Myers and Cincinnati. What are your thoughts?Also - if DMC is out, but Goodson isn't, how do you view Reece? As of now, he's behind Mathews, Morris, and Leshoure for me.
Good luck this week. I have a team like that, too. I think I would go with Myers this week at TE. Dodds likes him vs Cleveland and he should be decent. At defense, the ones I like most this week are NYJ, Dallas, GB, and BAL. The three you own are all middle of the pack. If forced between those, I would go with CIN and hope Rivers throws some picks. Would choose GB vs MIN over all of them. Reece split time with Jeremy Stewart last week and I would have behind those other three this week, with or without DMC or Goodson.

'Foureyes said:
Jeff, if McFadden and Goodson are both out for week 13, do I use Marcel Reese as my flex (vs Cleve) or am I better off with Torrey Smith (vs Pitts)? Standard scoring, no PPR. Thanks!
That is a toss up. PIT held Smith in check a couple of weeks ago so I might lean toward Reece (slightly) even though I do not love him this week

Hi Jeff,

Last place in PRR league, but can still win some consolation $, beat up at RB, planning on dropping injured Parmele and Pierre Thomas, which of these 4-5 RB would be best for this week and going forward into the (ashamed face looking down in sadness) consolation playoffs...

Rashad Jennings

Knowshon Moreno

Shane Vereen

Chris Ivory

or is Michael Bush a descent option

Also have Jamal Charles and Reggie Bush, but this has been the worst year ever for my bench kicking ### and my starters laying an egg, hence the last place.

Thanks for the advice.

Scott

aka Pyro boy

Hi Jeff,

One last question for this week... touchdown heavy league (6/TD, 1/20 rush/rec, .5 ppr).

Need to start two of these...

Reese vs Cleve

JGordon @ Oak

MFloyd @ Cinci

Beanie @ Jets

Thanks for help!!

Jeff -

Thanks for the help. Need a win this week. Standard scoring except for performance bonuses.

My WR are a mess on an otherwise solid team. Need two from: Denario Alexander, Maclin, Williams, and Lloyd. Or I could pick up one of the following off waviers: Bowe, Hartline, Britt, Sanu, Givens, etc. Alexander is a lock, but the rest have underwhelmed for several weeks.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff,

Myles,Bennet,Keller,Celek......which of these do you like this week and going forward.

Moreno Or Reece this week?

Any Idea on when murray will be back?

PPR...need two of these: L.Moore,Harvin,Austin,Sproles,or Edelman.

Thanks

Hi Jeff,Last place in PRR league, but can still win some consolation $, beat up at RB, planning on dropping injured Parmele and Pierre Thomas, which of these 4-5 RB would be best for this week and going forward into the (ashamed face looking down in sadness) consolation playoffs... -> Ivory would be last of those with the extreme timeshare. Jennings and Vereen are best for this week with Moreno over Vereen starting in week 14Rashad JenningsKnowshon MorenoShane VereenChris Ivoryor is Michael Bush a descent option -> only if Forte is out which I do not think he isAlso have Jamal Charles and Reggie Bush, but this has been the worst year ever for my bench kicking ### and my starters laying an egg, hence the last place.Thanks for the advice.Scott aka Pyro boy
Sorry for your bad luck. Good luck this week as you try to salvage some points & money

Jeff -Thanks for the help. Need a win this week. Standard scoring except for performance bonuses. My WR are a mess on an otherwise solid team. Need two from: Denario Alexander, Maclin, Williams, and Lloyd. Or I could pick up one of the following off waviers: Bowe, Hartline, Britt, Sanu, Givens, etc. Alexander is a lock, but the rest have underwhelmed for several weeks. Any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks
I would go with Alexander and Maclin. With DeSean Jackson out for the year, Maclin should rise. I would like Bowe with Cassel at QB ... not with Quinn. Givens is intriguing and an option if desperate for a high risk, high reward guy. But like the other two better

Jeff,Myles,Bennet,Keller,Celek......which of these do you like this week and going forward. -> would go with Myers Moreno Or Reece this week? -> dont like either but Moreno will get much more action given McFadden is expected back this weekAny Idea on when murray will be back? - Maybe this weekPPR...need two of these: L.Moore,Harvin,Austin,Sproles,or Edelman. -> You have had some tough luck with injuries in this group. I would go with Harvin/Austin if they play. And, I would order the rest: Moore, Sproles, EdelmanThanks

Hi Jeff,

Danario Alexander or Torrey Smith?

Marcel Reece or James Starks? or should I pick up Daniel Thomas and go with him?

Panthers D over Browns and Cards?

I have to win and make up some points this week to make the playoffs so I appreciate the help.

I was born and raised in OKC, btw

Hi Jeff,

One last question for this week... touchdown heavy league (6/TD, 1/20 rush/rec, .5 ppr).

Reese vs Cleve

JGordon @ Oak

MFloyd @ Cinci

Beanie @ Jets

Thanks for help!!
good luck
Thanks, JeffQuick follow-up.

I might be overthinking this one, but I have plenty of options at RB. I'm starting Foster, and need to pick between Martin or Charles. I like JC's matchup better, but it's tough to sit a guy like Martin.

Thoughts?

Hi Jeff, Danario Alexander or Torrey Smith? I think I would go with Smith and hope he breaks a long oneMarcel Reece or James Starks? Starks with McFadden backPanthers D over Browns and Cards? I like the Carolina defense this week, but am targeting the Jets and Cowboys where I canI have to win and make up some points this week to make the playoffs so I appreciate the help.born and raised in OKC, btw -> sitting at big truck taco presently .... and work downtown ...

Hi Jeff,

Reese vs Cleve

JGordon @ Oak

MFloyd @ Cinci

Beanie @ Jets

Thanks for help!!
good luck
Thanks, JeffQuick follow-up.

I might be overthinking this one, but I have plenty of options at RB. I'm starting Foster, and need to pick between Martin or Charles. I like JC's matchup better, but it's tough to sit a guy like Martin.

Thoughts?
I would go with Martin. I love Charles but hate seeing the way the coaches misuse him

Hey Jeff,

Would you play Kapernick over "Rivers or Palmer this week?

Carolina or New England?

Thanks

Jeff,

Cruising along this season, but I hit a speed bump last night with Brees. His subpar game has me behind the 8 ball in a big game against a tough team, and I think I have to go into high risk/high reward mode to try to grab a win. My league is standard scoring, no PPR and I need to start 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 flex from this group. Thanks.

ADP @ GB

JCharles vs Car

Reece vs Cleve

BMarshall vs Seat

Torrey Smith vs Pitts

DMoore vs Cleve

MFloyd vs Cinc

Harvin @ GB

Bowe vs Car

I had ADP, Charles, Marshall and TSmith in my lineup, but I'm wondering if Reece or Moore provide more upside than any of the above. Doubt I would bench ADP, Charles or Marshall. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Jeff,Cruising along this season, but I hit a speed bump last night with Brees. His subpar game has me behind the 8 ball in a big game against a tough team, and I think I have to go into high risk/high reward mode to try to grab a win. My league is standard scoring, no PPR and I need to start 1 RB, 1 WR, 2 flex from this group. Thanks.ADP @ GBJCharles vs CarReece vs CleveBMarshall vs SeatTorrey Smith vs PittsDMoore vs CleveMFloyd vs CincHarvin @ GBBowe vs CarI had ADP, Charles, Marshall and TSmith in my lineup, but I'm wondering if Reece or Moore provide more upside than any of the above. Doubt I would bench ADP, Charles or Marshall. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
Smith is the only one worth considering replacement ... but I do not like Bowe with Quinn and Palmer/Moore is not any better. I guess stay put unless you start Reece over Smith AND McFadden does not play, and neither does Goodson. Good luck

Hey Jeff

Standard PPR league

Need 2 players as flex start:

1. RB Greene vs Ariz

2. RB Powell vs Ariz

3. WR Gordon at Oakland (weather?)

4. D. Moore vs Clev (weather?)

Thanks

Jeff - thanks for the help this season. Playoffs start this week.

A couple of start/sit questions. Standard scoring except bonuses for long touchdowns.

(1) Need two WR out of Denario Alexander, Mike Williams, Josh Gordan, or Givens. Starting behind Marshall.

(2) Need two RB out of Foster, Martin, and Charles. Leaning Foster and Martin, but both let me down last week.

(3) Team D - NE, Houston, or NJ against Jville? Could also pick up Buffalo v. SL. Rolled with the Texans and the Pats all season, but I expect some points scored next weekend.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff,

PPR

How do you rank these this week: L.Moore,Givens,Sproles,Harvin,Austin

Kaepernick over 'Rivers and Palmer if he starts?

Another standard scoring....need three: Charles,Morris,Murray,Moreno, Reece

Thanks

Hey Jeff

Standard ppr league. Scoring: 1 pt per 8 yds receiving and .8 per reception, 1 pt per 10 yds rushing and all TD = 6 pts

Which 4 players would you start this week #14: Need 2 WR and 2 Flex (RB/WR)

1. WR Decker at Oak

2. WR D. Moore vs Den

3. WR A. Brown vs SD

4. WR Gordon vs KC

5. RB S. Greene at Jax

6. RB Sproles at NYG

Thanks

Hey JeffStandard PPR leagueNeed 2 players as flex start:1. RB Greene vs Ariz2. RB Powell vs Ariz3. WR Gordon at Oakland (weather?)4. D. Moore vs Clev (weather?)Thanks
I would go with Gordon for sure. Of the others, Moore has highest ceiling but was benched for dropping passes last week. Powell most safe

A couple of start/sit questions. Standard scoring except bonuses for long touchdowns.

(1) Need two WR out of Denario Alexander, Mike Williams, Josh Gordan, or Givens. Starting behind Marshall. -> Gordon barely over Williams.

(2) Need two RB out of Foster, Martin, and Charles. Leaning Foster and Martin, but both let me down last week. -> FBG has Martin RB1 and Foster RB4 this week with Charles RB10. I would be inclined to agree

(3) Team D - NE, Houston, or NJ against Jville? Could also pick up Buffalo v. SL. Rolled with the Texans and the Pats all season, but I expect some points scored next weekend. -> I might risk Buffalo given the weather (just checked) 50% change of rain and high of 38 degrees for the dome team

Thanks for the help.

'bighead2000 said:
Jeff,

PPR

How do you rank these this week: L.Moore,Givens,Sproles,Harvin,Austin -> Harvin last since still not cleared. I like Sproles, Moore, Austin, Givens (game is in Buff and possible asty weather), harvin

Kaepernick over 'Rivers and Palmer if he starts? Definitely

Another standard scoring....need three: Charles,Morris,Murray,Moreno, Reece

Thanks

Hey Jeff

Standard ppr league. Scoring: 1 pt per 8 yds receiving and .8 per reception, 1 pt per 10 yds rushing and all TD = 6 pts

Which 4 players would you start this week #14: Need 2 WR and 2 Flex (RB/WR)

1. WR Decker at Oak

2. WR D. Moore vs Den

3. WR A. Brown vs SD

4. WR Gordon vs KC

5. RB S. Greene at Jax

6. RB Sproles at NYG

Thanks
good luck

Hey Jeff

Please help pick 2 flex players

1. WR A Brown vs SD

2. RB Greene at Jax

3. RB Leshoure at GB

Thanks

PPR, 5 pts if any of these players scores a 50 yard td

1 PT PER 20 pr yards for Sproles (Normally gets 2 points extra) If he scores its 11 points...

Need one, I'm playing the best team so my lineup and his is posted.

Sproles @ NYG

Moreno @ Oakland

Jennings vs DET

My lineup

Rodgers

Martin

Marshall

Andre Johnson

Jimmy Graham

Graham (Hou Kicker)

Seattle

My opponent is stacked

Dalton

Richardson

Wayne

AJ Green

Dez Bryant

Pettigrew

Gould

Houston

Does my matchup dicate who to play?

(1) Need two WR out of Denario Alexander, Mike Williams, Josh Gordan, or Givens. Starting behind Marshall. -> Gordon barely over Williams.

(2) Need two RB out of Foster, Martin, and Charles. Leaning Foster and Martin, but both let me down last week. -> FBG has Martin RB1 and Foster RB4 this week with Charles RB10. I would be inclined to agree

(3) Team D - NE, Houston, or NJ against Jville? Could also pick up Buffalo v. SL. Rolled with the Texans and the Pats all season, but I expect some points scored next weekend. -> I might risk Buffalo given the weather (just checked) 50% change of rain and high of 38 degrees for the dome team

Thanks for the help.
Quick follow-up. Meyers goose egg last night put some pressure on me in the first round of my big money league. Start 3 WR; standard scoring except ppr after 5 catches, and bonus for long TD's. I'm starting Brandon Marshall. I need high upside among my next two WR spots. Who do you like among Danario, Givens, Gordon, and Tampa Mike?

I'm actually leanving Givens and Gordon at this point, but wonder if that's too much risk/reward. Danario has been great, but I'm nervous of SD, and Rivers, on the road against Pitt. Mike Williams really has only one good game out of the last several. Somewhat inconsistent.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Need 2 of these 3 rb's: D.Murray, B.Green-ellis, and A.Morris

1pt each 10 rushing or recieving yards (not combined)

5 pts each 20 rushes, 5 recepts, 100 rushing, or 100 recieving.

Been rolling with Morris and Law Firm of late, but not sure this week.

... I would play Murray for sure and prob law firm

Users who are viewing this thread