What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

Well his ground game was certainly better than advertised. Impressive performance. Seems like he may have gassed a bit towards the end.

ETA: Guess it was a knee injury and not gassing.
we still got a long way to go. He took Max out of that fight in the 1st round with his array of strikes. Max looked like he didn't know what to do for most of the fight. i just really want to know who they match him up against next. there are a lot of guys in front of him yet

Well his ground game was certainly better than advertised. Impressive performance. Seems like he may have gassed a bit towards the end.

ETA: Guess it was a knee injury and not gassing.
we still got a long way to go. He took Max out of that fight in the 1st round with his array of strikes. Max looked like he didn't know what to do for most of the fight. i just really want to know who they match him up against next. there are a lot of guys in front of him yet
Yeah, but he could easily get the fast track treatment. He wants to fight on the Manchester card Oct. 25; not sure if that happens now though with the apparent injury. I could definitely see them giving him someone like Zombie/Siver/Swanson/Lentz next and a title shot after that. The hype is too big not to cash in on and the UFC has shown that hype will get you a title fight just as quickly as talent will (see: Lesnar and Sonnen).

Jesus, Michael Johnson looked awesome in Round 1.

Will be impressed if he can keep that pace for 3 rounds.
I remember on TUF he had almost nothing for a gas tank. Lauzon is a very crafty and dangerous figher, but Michael was too fast and accurate for him. LOL @ Lauzon's corner saying "he's just point fighting" after Lauzon was in danger in round 1.

I remember on TUF he had almost nothing for a gas tank. Lauzon is a very crafty and dangerous figher, but Michael was too fast and accurate for him. LOL @ Lauzon's corner saying "he's just point fighting" after Lauzon was in danger in round 1.
From what I recall, he couldn't throw a punch either. Guy has come a long way.

Nice win for the Blackzillians tonight.

he developed a real nice jab before his fight with the other TUF winner, Tony something. He really started using a nice jab around that fight and was looking impressive there. I forget who he lost too recently to derail his momentum, but he had a real good run a year ago

ETA: it was Tony Fergusson. And the fight that really started to bury Johnson was that Miles Jury fight. had to look it up on Sherdog to remember http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Michael-Johnson-68788

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I doubt FoTN honors was threatened there. So far giving that to McDonald - Pickett.

Didn't watch any of the Facebook prelims, how was the OSP KO?

Well I doubt FoTN honors was threatened there. So far giving that to McDonald - Pickett.

Didn't watch any of the Facebook prelims, how was the OSP KO?
i didn't see that one either. This one certainly has a good chance at it, and if they base it on 2 rounds the Brandao fight could take it

better bet overeem to win or under 1.5?
i actually just took the over 1.5 to buy out of my under i took the other day. so i guess i would say Reem. with both guys coming off losses, and knowing they are coming off KO losses, i can see a very cautious 1st round

I want to pick Overeem, but guy just has no chin and it's not a new thing. All of his losses against top competition going back 5 or so years come from getting caught and not being able to recover.

hmmm, i didn't hear the interview yet, but Ariel did an interview with Brandao and he may have broke his hand in the 1st round. that would make a little more sense about that fight

Users who are viewing this thread