What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free Agent RBs, lets try to figure this out (2 Viewers)

Buf - ageless F-Jax needs a backup plan quick

Zona - need to replace Mendy and the last 2 drafted RBs have not worked out at all
:confused: by these two:

Buffalo has a guy named CJ Spiller

Ellington may not be Arians' prototype and may continue to be paired with a bruiser (if not Mendenhall), but he was fantastic this year
CJ isn't very durable so Bu should look to find him a good pairing... and with Zona I was talking about Wells and Williams

lod01 said:
Coeur de Lion said:
I don't see the Bengals being interested in McFadden at all, personally. Gio fills the dynamic receiving RB role there just fine. If they look to upgrade their RBs, I'd guess they look to bring in a better inside banger to replace Law Firm. Hue Jackson or not, McFadden doesn't make a ton of sense IMO.
Perfect signing for Bernard owners. He'll pull a hammy tying his shoe during warmups week 1 and be out for the season, Bernard gets all the action.
Careful... we're implementing a new limit on DMC jabs per thread.

Andrew74 said:
Knowshon Moreno - I think hes the biggest name on the list after the season he had. I don't see Denver keeping him and I think SD will make a big play for him and replace Mathews. Cleveland or Zona are in need of his services as well
Why would SD look to replace Matthews after his best season ever while still on his rookie contract?
Yeah, that makes no sense. It was obvious the coaches trusted Mathews *more* as the season progressed.
well, RM is in his last yr of rookie deal so it would be smart IMO to get someone behind him; Ronnie Brown is older than dirt

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with those saying that Tate won't be back with the Texans. He's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to be a backup and there is no love between him and Foster. So the only way he is back is if Foster's injury is serious and he has to retire or start the season on the PUP/IR. Otherwise, Tate is going to wherever he's guaranteed a starter's role.
I can't see a team guarantee Tate a starting job, he hasn't shown he can handle it

lod01 said:
Coeur de Lion said:
I don't see the Bengals being interested in McFadden at all, personally. Gio fills the dynamic receiving RB role there just fine. If they look to upgrade their RBs, I'd guess they look to bring in a better inside banger to replace Law Firm. Hue Jackson or not, McFadden doesn't make a ton of sense IMO.
Perfect signing for Bernard owners. He'll pull a hammy tying his shoe during warmups week 1 and be out for the season, Bernard gets all the action.
Careful... we're implementing a new limit on DMC jabs per thread.
:lmao: some clearly are still holding faith in dynasty :thumbup:

Toby Gerhart - resigned by the Vikes
I don't think this is very likely at all.
Agreed. Somebody is going to give him a chance for significant touches. He has low mileage, can catch the ball well, and he shouldn't be too expensive. I highly doubt he wants to sit behind Peterson for another 3-4 years. I read that other Viking players expect him to leave and do pretty well.
I think you might be overestimating the market for an average RB.
I don't think anyone is signing him to with the idea he'll get significant touches either. I'm almost certain he'll end up with the Stanford Colts.
with TG, it'll be one o those deals where the Vikes value him more than the rest of the league

with TG, it'll be one o those deals where the Vikes value him more than the rest of the league
Highly unlikely. First question is why would a team with a superstar starter pay big money to a backup who never plays? Second question is why would he sign there when he's all but come out and said he wants a legitimate opportunity?

Posted this in the Gerhart thread:

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24629518/vikings-toby-gerhart-might-be-difficult-keep-around

Jerome Felton expects to be blocking next season for Adrian Peterson. As for Toby Gerhart, probably not.

Gerhart has been playing behind star running back Peterson in Minnesota for four years. But Felton won't be surprised to see Gerhart carrying the ball somewhere else next season.

"There's a good chance he will be (one) pretty soon,'' Felton, the Vikings' fullback, said about Gerhart being a starting back with another team. "He's obviously had a lot of success when he's got an opportunity here, so I assume that will continue on forward. I know he's going to be a free agent after this year, and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of teams trying to get him.''

So Gerhart, 26, could be heading into his final five games with the Vikings. While he doesn't want to get ahead of himself, he does admit "it'd be nice'' to be a feature back.

"I hope so,'' Gerhart said about making a continued impression on free-agent suitors the remainder of the season. "That's what you hope for, and trying to play hard and put things on tape and assess your resume and see what happens.''
Now, Frazier seems resigned to the fact it will be tough for the Vikings to keep Gerhart around. He was asked how good Gerhart would be if he were with another team and not having to play behind Peterson.

"I think he'd be a featured back,'' Gerhart said. "Whenever he's gotten an opportunity, even the year when Adrian got injured, he stepped in and played very, very well. And you see now, when Adrian's not on the field and he gets his chance, he does extremely well. He's a good back and one of the best teammates you could ever ask for. He's not one of those guys who complains about being a backup to Adrian.''
Virtually no chance that Toby is in a Vikings uniform next season. It's hard to think of teams where he's LESS likely to sign.

I agree with those saying that Tate won't be back with the Texans. He's made it quite clear that he doesn't want to be a backup and there is no love between him and Foster. So the only way he is back is if Foster's injury is serious and he has to retire or start the season on the PUP/IR. Otherwise, Tate is going to wherever he's guaranteed a starter's role.
I can't see a team guarantee Tate a starting job, he hasn't shown he can handle it
But why would he sign with the Texans, where he's pretty much guaranteed not to be the starter?

But why would he sign with the Texans, where he's pretty much guaranteed not to be the starter?
I own Tate in a couple of leagues and I'm crossing my fingers that he moves on; but with that said I don't see it. What has he done to show another team that he worthy of more than what the Texans already give him in terms of workload? Everytime hes given a chance he gets hurt and has rarely knocked our socks off.

Gerhart would look good with Gio. He might even be good in Zona.

Is Leshore worth talking about?
Kinda of intrigued by Leshore. Think he could be a decent back, but he doesn't seem like he'll get that chance in Detroit with Bush and Bell ahead of him. Maybe somewhere like the Jets?

I own Tate in a couple of leagues and I'm crossing my fingers that he moves on; but with that said I don't see it. What has he done to show another team that he worthy of more than what the Texans already give him in terms of workload? Everytime hes given a chance he gets hurt and has rarely knocked our socks off.
A team like Cleveland, Jacksonville, etc might sign him. Not necessarily for mega-dollars, but if those type of teams sign him, he'd get more work than he does/will in Houston.

You have to look at everything. You say you're ignoring the salary cap, but you can't do that. You also can't ignore the dynamic of a runner and his current (old) team, nor can you ignore how far a team might be away from "contending."

Teams like Cle and Jax have so many holes that signing an "iffy" FA RB while they try to draft a franchise QB, O-line, defense, etc makes sense. If they draft a "stud" RB, then try to fill those other holes, by the time the rest of their team is ready to contend, the stud RB they drafted is past his prime. FA RBs can serve as viable options while they try to get the other pieces in place, then they can replace RBs more easily, and quicker.

Andrew74 said:
Knowshon Moreno - I think hes the biggest name on the list after the season he had. I don't see Denver keeping him and I think SD will make a big play for him and replace Mathews. Cleveland or Zona are in need of his services as well
Why would SD look to replace Matthews after his best season ever while still on his rookie contract?
Yeah, that makes no sense. It was obvious the coaches trusted Mathews *more* as the season progressed.
well, RM is in his last yr of rookie deal so it would be smart IMO to get someone behind him; Ronnie Brown is older than dirt
Well, you said to "replace Matthews". Since the Chargers signed Woodhead last offseason and have Matthews in place, I find it doubtful they spend big money on a free agent like Moreno. I think they may draft a RB in the later rounds of the draft or sign another cheap veteran like they had in Ronnie Brown.

Kinda of intrigued by Leshore. Think he could be a decent back, but he doesn't seem like he'll get that chance in Detroit with Bush and Bell ahead of him. Maybe somewhere like the Jets?
I think hes damaged goods, never regained any burst after his achilles injury
This is how I feel, too. He seems kind of BJGE-ish to me. But maybe he just needed more time to heal. Probably not, though. I give him a 5% chance of being fantasy relevant in more than a "the other 3 RBs ahead of him are injured" kind of way. In other words, there are probably worse ways to spend $1 in a dynasty startup, but he's not a guy worth talking about in this thread.

I think hes damaged goods, never regained any burst after his achilles injury
This is how I feel, too. He seems kind of BJGE-ish to me. But maybe he just needed more time to heal. Probably not, though. I give him a 5% chance of being fantasy relevant in more than a "the other 3 RBs ahead of him are injured" kind of way. In other words, there are probably worse ways to spend $1 in a dynasty startup, but he's not a guy worth talking about in this thread.
Worth a late round flier pick in a dynasty league trade?

Re: Moreno...

http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/12/14/add-knowshon-moreno-long-list-impending-2014-free-agents/

"That being said, Andrew Mason, who is one of the best journalists out there and covers the Broncos in Denver independently on the team site, is now reporting that he’s been informed running back Knowshon Moreno’s salary option for 2014 was voided (at some point or another) and he will be a free agent in 2014.

This is surprising because we’ve been led to believe for the longest time that Moreno’s contract was a club option in 2014 at a very cheap price (around $1.4M), but now it appears as though at some point along the way, the team and Moreno voided that final year and now he will be able to hit the free agent market this offseason, presumably."

SI also had a nice human interest story on Moreno and it mentions him being an unrestricted free agent...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140108/knowshon-moreno/

McFadden to the Bengals is very likely.
If I were a Bernard owner, I wouldn't be happy about this.

You've already got Hugh calling him his "little guy" and there's no indication that he'd be willing to turn the keys over to an undersized RB on a run-first offense. That's not to say his role would decrease, but I don't see it increasing either.

Combine that with Hugh's history with and his faith in McFadden that he's already expressed, and the fact that a healthy McFadden has already shown high end ability, and that would have RB-by-committee written all over it in order to keep both healthy.

A healthy McFadden is a more talented running back than Bernard, but it's anyone's guess as to how often he'd be healthy. I know Bernard is this board's favorite and all, but I think he's highly overrated around here and I think a lot of people who've been burned are severely underrating McFadden's impact wherever he signs. Especially in Cincinnati.

You've already got Hugh calling him his "little guy" and there's no indication that he'd be willing to turn the keys over to an undersized RB on a run-first offense. That's not to say his role would decrease, but I don't see it increasing either.

Combine that with Hugh's history with and his faith in McFadden that he's already expressed, and the fact that a healthy McFadden has already shown high end ability, and that would have RB-by-committee written all over it in order to keep both healthy.

A healthy McFadden is a more talented running back than Bernard, but it's anyone's guess as to how often he'd be healthy. I know Bernard is this board's favorite and all, but I think he's highly overrated around here and I think a lot of people who've been burned are severely underrating McFadden's impact wherever he signs. Especially in Cincinnati.
This

Bengals have a very good oline (that McFadden has never experienced).

Could be a good fit. However if I was a Dmac owner I would still want the Jets or Browns and his landing place

This

Could be a good fit. However if I was a Dmac owner I would still want the Jets or Browns and his landing place
The terrible line that allowed Rashad Jennings to rush for 4.5 this year (McFadden 3.3)? Marcel Reese 4.6 last year (McFadden 3.3)?

Even as far back as 2009, Michael Bush was running for 4.8 and McFadden was running for 3.4. Granted there some impressive stretches in between there, but when you look at the overall body of work, there is NO indication to me that he's more talented than Gio. If you look at the combined stats for all the backs that played for Oakland while McFadden has been there, they all turn out to be roughly the same in terms of effectiveness. And they've all been better than the average for 2013 Cinci by the way. Gio has been solid, but of course BJGE has been atrocious overall.

McFadden seems to be the kind of back that needs to be healthy first of all (and good luck with that), but ALSO requires his usage to be exactly right. He's fairly clearly not the kind of back that will flourish in any good system. Either his injuries have sapped him of what made him good, or he just wasn't that good to begin with, but fell into a great situation for a stretch.

As a Gio owner, I would welcome McFadden to Cinci with open arms. The perfect backup.

This

The terrible line that allowed Rashad Jennings to rush for 4.5 this year (McFadden 3.3)? Marcel Reese 4.6 last year (McFadden 3.3)?

Even as far back as 2009, Michael Bush was running for 4.8 and McFadden was running for 3.4. Granted there some impressive stretches in between there, but when you look at the overall body of work, there is NO indication to me that he's more talented than Gio. If you look at the combined stats for all the backs that played for Oakland while McFadden has been there, they all turn out to be roughly the same in terms of effectiveness. And they've all been better than the average for 2013 Cinci by the way. Gio has been solid, but of course BJGE has been atrocious overall.

McFadden seems to be the kind of back that needs to be healthy first of all (and good luck with that), but ALSO requires his usage to be exactly right. He's fairly clearly not the kind of back that will flourish in any good system. Either his injuries have sapped him of what made him good, or he just wasn't that good to begin with, but fell into a great situation for a stretch.

As a Gio owner, I would welcome McFadden to Cinci with open arms. The perfect backup.
I find it ironic that you went back to 2009 but skipped over 2010 and 2011. You know, the years when Hue Jackson was the Offensive Coordinator and then Head Coach of the Raiders. McFadden averaged 5.4 and 5.2 yards per carry and had his best and most healthy season to date in 2010. Granted, he got hurt in 2011, which has almost always been his calling card.

It's no secret that McFadden's performances have been inconsistent and he hasn't played well through injuries. It's had an effect on his numbers for sure. But for you to say he can't flourish in any good system is innaccurate, especially when he's already flourished in the system of the Offensive Coordinator who's in Cincinnati. A healthy McFadden would most definitely be a huge threat to Gio, and personally, I'd see a timeshare between them and give the edge to McFadden because his size and history with Hue... with all the normal injury caveats.

It may never even be relevant, but it really seems like a logical spot if he becomes a free agent as expected.

Im pretty sure Knowshon is still under contract for 2014, so unless cut, hes not going anywhere

And SD will stick w Mathews, granted I see a small move either FA or draft to get some more insurance behind him
He's not. His contract had a club option for 2014 built in, but I have read several times from multiple people who I generally trust and who are close to the team that that's already been voided. Moreno's contract expires after the 2013 season, come hell or high water.

Even had the option not voided already, it was supposedly $5 million (although I've seen the $1.4m figure in other places), and I think Denver would be hesitant to pay that much for an RB with all of their contracts about to come due.

Im pretty sure Knowshon is still under contract for 2014, so unless cut, hes not going anywhere

And SD will stick w Mathews, granted I see a small move either FA or draft to get some more insurance behind him
He's not. His contract had a club option for 2014 built in, but I have read several times from multiple people who I generally trust and who are close to the team that that's already been voided. Moreno's contract expires after the 2013 season, come hell or high water.

Even had the option not voided already, it was supposedly $5 million (although I've seen the $1.4m figure in other places), and I think Denver would be hesitant to pay that much for an RB with all of their contracts about to come due.
sounds good, I thought he was under contract.

Ball probably takes over next year then

Without knowing the Cap number of the Teams (rarely pay attention since most teams find ways around the cap) this is my best guess to where the FA RBs will go

Ben Tate - honestly I think hes back with the Texans next yr... he'll have a few bites here and there but doubt he'll get offered what he wants. He'll find a soft market and Hou will probably find a way to match most offers for him, they'll need to with Foster in serious decline. Cleveland has been the team tied to his name the most so they could steal him away.

Rashad Jennings - Back with the Raiders in a backup role, They'll offer DMC a lowball contract and Jennings will be the backup plan. If not resigned by Oak then maybe Atl brings him in to pair w/ Quizz / rookie / Snelling (i think Snell is cut this yr). A return to Jax is highly unlikely.

Darren McFadden - Like I said, Oak will make an offer to bring him back for pennies and also should look to cut down his snaps. If DMC resigns then Jennings is going to be on the street a little longer. If not back in Oak I could see the Jets bringing him in for some thunder and lightening. Jax could be a wildcard here as well.

Andre Brown - back to NY

Maurice Jones-Drew - not much left in the tank, big name and can make a big play once in a while... smell the classic NE move if no one gives him a decent deal.

Rashard Mendenhall - if Zona isn't interested then he sits for a while and waits for a camp injury

Donald Brown - Pretty sure Indy is going to be interested in re-signing him, if he prices himself out or balks till FA Atl should sweep in here.

Ahmad Bradshaw - done, might get invited back to NYG

LeGarrette Blount - back to NE at their $$

Joique Bell RFA - Det not letting him leave

Chris Johnson (Rumored to be cut this season) - depends on how nasty this gets but I think Tenn will swallow the pill one more year. The just recorded his 6th straight 1000 rushing yard season, never hurt and rarely fumbles; however if he is released there will be a couple of suitors out there... Cleveland should have their fingers crossed.

Needs -

Cle - no NFL worthy RB there.

Oak - Both primary RBs are FAs

SD - just can't count on Mathews

Jax - MJD is done and they need a fresh start

NYJ - Ivory was nice but they need something a little better to pair with him

NYG - Brown is injury prone and Wilson... well do a search if u want more discussion

Atl - S-Jax will be cut and they should go after one of the cheaper 2nd or 3rd Tier FAs

Zona - need to replace Mendy and the last 2 drafted RBs have not worked out at all

StL - how comfortable are they, probably enough to not sign a FA but most likely draft

Mia - Miller was a little bit of a bust and Thomas is not starter material, but I think they focus on other positions

Hou - Foster in decline, if Tate walks they'll need another RB
Not sure why you think Tate will find a "soft market"? You identify 12 teams that are likely going to be looking for a RB, either starter or backup. Of them, I count 7 that could well be looking to improve the starting RB situation: MIA, ATL, NYG, NYJ, JAX, OAK, CLE.

Typically, there are 3 or 4 RBs picked in the first and second rounds. That means that there is a need for probably 3 of those 7 teams to find a guy in FA that could start or at least compete to start.

The FA market is pretty thin: of the ones you mention, which ones do I think a team might give a shot at a starting gig?

Tate, Moreno, Gerhart, and Joique Bell. Of these, you indicate that there is no way Detroit let's Bell go, and I agree. So that means there are only three guys who could potentially compete for 3 or 4 spots where there is a chance they could be the starter.

Seems about right. Not soft.

I don't see anyone signing DMC as a starter--he has had every opportunity and just can't get it done consistently or stay healthy. Donald Brown improved this year and he is a good backup or RBBC guy, but to be honest, he will get the best deal from INDY I think. Andre Brown hasn't been able to stay healthy. Blount is one dimensional.

Tate, Moreno and Gerhart look to me like the strongest FAs in this group and I wouldn't be surprised to see all three get starting gigs on new teams. I doubt Gerhart will stay in MN if another team gives him a chance to compete to start. Tate we know is going--HOU has more or less admitted as much and he wants to start. Moreno may stay but Denver has a good back in Ball who got better as his rookie season progressed.

Without knowing the Cap number of the Teams (rarely pay attention since most teams find ways around the cap) this is my best guess to where the FA RBs will go

Ben Tate - honestly I think hes back with the Texans next yr... he'll have a few bites here and there but doubt he'll get offered what he wants. He'll find a soft market and Hou will probably find a way to match most offers for him, they'll need to with Foster in serious decline. Cleveland has been the team tied to his name the most so they could steal him away.

Rashad Jennings - Back with the Raiders in a backup role, They'll offer DMC a lowball contract and Jennings will be the backup plan. If not resigned by Oak then maybe Atl brings him in to pair w/ Quizz / rookie / Snelling (i think Snell is cut this yr). A return to Jax is highly unlikely.

Darren McFadden - Like I said, Oak will make an offer to bring him back for pennies and also should look to cut down his snaps. If DMC resigns then Jennings is going to be on the street a little longer. If not back in Oak I could see the Jets bringing him in for some thunder and lightening. Jax could be a wildcard here as well.

Andre Brown - back to NY

Maurice Jones-Drew - not much left in the tank, big name and can make a big play once in a while... smell the classic NE move if no one gives him a decent deal.

Rashard Mendenhall - if Zona isn't interested then he sits for a while and waits for a camp injury

Donald Brown - Pretty sure Indy is going to be interested in re-signing him, if he prices himself out or balks till FA Atl should sweep in here.

Ahmad Bradshaw - done, might get invited back to NYG

LeGarrette Blount - back to NE at their $$

Joique Bell RFA - Det not letting him leave

Chris Johnson (Rumored to be cut this season) - depends on how nasty this gets but I think Tenn will swallow the pill one more year. The just recorded his 6th straight 1000 rushing yard season, never hurt and rarely fumbles; however if he is released there will be a couple of suitors out there... Cleveland should have their fingers crossed.

Needs -

Cle - no NFL worthy RB there.

Oak - Both primary RBs are FAs

SD - just can't count on Mathews

Jax - MJD is done and they need a fresh start

NYJ - Ivory was nice but they need something a little better to pair with him

NYG - Brown is injury prone and Wilson... well do a search if u want more discussion

Atl - S-Jax will be cut and they should go after one of the cheaper 2nd or 3rd Tier FAs

StL - how comfortable are they, probably enough to not sign a FA but most likely draft

Mia - Miller was a little bit of a bust and Thomas is not starter material, but I think they focus on other positions

Hou - Foster in decline, if Tate walks they'll need another RB
Not sure why you think Tate will find a "soft market"? You identify 12 teams that are likely going to be looking for a RB, either starter or backup. Of them, I count 7 that could well be looking to improve the starting RB situation: MIA, ATL, NYG, NYJ, JAX, OAK, CLE.

Typically, there are 3 or 4 RBs picked in the first and second rounds. That means that there is a need for probably 3 of those 7 teams to find a guy in FA that could start or at least compete to start.

The FA market is pretty thin: of the ones you mention, which ones do I think a team might give a shot at a starting gig?

Tate, Moreno, Gerhart, and Joique Bell. Of these, you indicate that there is no way Detroit let's Bell go, and I agree. So that means there are only three guys who could potentially compete for 3 or 4 spots where there is a chance they could be the starter.

Seems about right. Not soft.

I don't see anyone signing DMC as a starter--he has had every opportunity and just can't get it done consistently or stay healthy. Donald Brown improved this year and he is a good backup or RBBC guy, but to be honest, he will get the best deal from INDY I think. Andre Brown hasn't been able to stay healthy. Blount is one dimensional.

Tate, Moreno and Gerhart look to me like the strongest FAs in this group and I wouldn't be surprised to see all three get starting gigs on new teams. I doubt Gerhart will stay in MN if another team gives him a chance to compete to start. Tate we know is going--HOU has more or less admitted as much and he wants to start. Moreno may stay but Denver has a good back in Ball who got better as his rookie season progressed.
When I say soft I mean hes not getting starter money, I see his situation very similar to when Bradshaw 1st became a FA... AB had a couple bites but didn't quite get what he wanted and returned to NY.

Agreed. That is why they drafted Ball and kept Anderson. I think Moreno is gone unless the market is softer than most think.

Ben Tate doesn't think he's likely to be back in Houston. https://twitter.com/BenTateRB/status/417710316957360128

Ben Tate ‏@BenTateRB 30 Dec

Cleaned out my locker going to miss the guys on this team....we have a lot of good ppl on this team and everyone was cool from the....

Trainers to the equipment guys always made it a good time while still getting work done being drafted here I learned a lot that I will

Carry on for the rest of my career thanks Htown for all the support but odds are I won't be back

sounds good, I thought he was under contract.

Ball probably takes over next year then
I would think so. They've been ramping up his workload over the second half of the season, increasing his usage, bringing him on the field earlier, and using him more in the passing game. They've always been quick to trust him in high-leverage situations, even during his early fumbles this season. Knowshon has been great for the Broncos this year, but they've got a lot of other players whose contracts will be up in the next two years- iirc, something like 16 of 22 starters were not under contract for the 2015 season. Given the investment in Ball so far, I think Denver's grooming him for the starter's job next year. Unless Knowshon is willing to extend a significant home-town discount to stick around in Denver, of course, in which case all bets are off.

From the horse's mouth:

You guys know how I feel about Darren McFadden; he's still one of my favorite players, Jackson told ESPN affiliate 95.7 The Game in San Francisco on Friday.

What a tremendous talent. But I really like my little guy Gio [bernard]. He had a real good season. But I don't think you can ever have too many good backs.
Let's be honest, BJGE isn't exactly creating chunk plays. Adding McFadden to Gio and running the ball 35-40 times a game may be the best way to take that offense to the next level, limiting Dalton to play action passes and keeping him in the 20-25 attempts per game range.
Isn't a coach preening about another team's player under contract against the rules?

Ben Tate isn't coming back, he's chasing starter money. I read one article where he was given credit for playing through broken ribs for a month or so, basically that he shed the "soft" label. Odd since he got hurt in the 1st place.

Gerhardt is in a similar position, but I think harbaugh might be able to convince him to come back to Cali. Gore doesn't have too much longer left, lamichael James and Kendall hunter have flashed a bit but not enough to tie up the future starter job or even permanent back-up spot, and lattimore is still a major question mark.

Mikel leshoure is the likeliest rb to get traded given his draft pedigree and low salary.

Mjd has made a lot of money, and even though he's griped in the recent past for more money, would he put that aside for a chance at a ring with the pats? I think so. He's a student of the game, cares about his legacy, and would be following in his mentor's footsteps.

Kinda sounds like Donald Brown isn't expecting to be back with the Colts:

Donald Brown@Donaldb31 Jan 15
Was an honor and privilege to play for the Colts. An organization made up of phenomenal people. Will always be indebted to the horseshoe.

I would welcome a change of scenery for him.

which of these RBs are better than the top few rookie RBs coming in?
given the relative cheapness of the rookie contracts, especially because I doubt any go in the first round, I think this particular FA class will have a hard time getting big time paid in the open market.

I suspect Knowshon might be back in Denver, even though they have his replacement ready in Ball

Chris Johnson should get a job

Ben Tate has been waiting in the wings.

Other than that, these FAs are meh

Was an honor and privilege to play for the Colts. An organization made up of phenomenal people. Will always be indebted to the horseshoe.

What do we think happens if the Colts sign Gerhart in FA? Wasn't he in Stanford when Luck was there? I know Hamilton wasn't the OC while Gerhart were there, but it seems like Gerhart fits what Hamilton wants a RB to be/do.

Bring that Jersey boy home to the Giants !!!! He goes from one Manning to another

From the horse's mouth:

“You guys know how I feel about Darren McFadden; he's still one of my favorite players,” Jackson told ESPN affiliate 95.7 The Game in San Francisco on Friday.

“What a tremendous talent. But I really like my little guy Gio [bernard]. He had a real good season. But I don't think you can ever have too many good backs.”
Let's be honest, BJGE isn't exactly creating chunk plays. Adding McFadden to Gio and running the ball 35-40 times a game may be the best way to take that offense to the next level, limiting Dalton to play action passes and keeping him in the 20-25 attempts per game range.
BJGE job isn't to create chunk plays. It's to grind out the short yardage carries for first downs without fumbling and protect Dalton in pass protection.

I am not surprised that on this site people are giving away his job again, but the only way I see McFadden in Cincy is if he's cheap enough to carry as a 3rd RB.

If Moreno is really a free agent then I think Cleveland would be a nice landing spot for him.

Yeah I know who's the HC/OC/QB going to be, but they just need a real pro in there and Moreno does everything well.

If Moreno is really a free agent then I think Cleveland would be a nice landing spot for him.

Yeah I know who's the HC/OC/QB going to be, but they just need a real pro in there and Moreno does everything well.
Josh McDaniels has publicly withdrawn his name from consideration for the Browns job, but we know that the Browns love him, and we know coaches have liedchanged their mind before. I only mention this because Knowshon Moreno was Josh McDaniels' first draft pick with the Broncos. Just putting that out there.

Josh McDaniels has publicly withdrawn his name from consideration for the Browns job, but we know that the Browns love him, and we know coaches have liedchanged their mind before. I only mention this because Knowshon Moreno was Josh McDaniels' first draft pick with the Broncos. Just putting that out there.
There's another guy McDaniels drafted who should be playing RB and is a free agent...

There's another guy McDaniels drafted who should be playing RB and is a free agent...
.....but he's in the best shape of his QB life.......and pining for another opportunity to play that position.....

McDaniels secretly worked him out last offseason at tight end.

do you guys think frank gore sticks around for another season in SF? Given that lattimore is expected to be ready, they spent a 2nd rounder on lamichael james are there can they afford cap-wise to carry gore next year? I'm sure some of that defense is due for a raise as well. I dont think kendell hunter is a serious threat either.

What do we think happens if the Colts sign Gerhart in FA? Wasn't he in Stanford when Luck was there? I know Hamilton wasn't the OC while Gerhart were there, but it seems like Gerhart fits what Hamilton wants a RB to be/do.
given the fact the colts traded a 1st rounder to get t rich... i'm pretty sure donald brown is not in their 2014 plans. they had no choice but to use him this season based on how poorly t-rich played... gerhart hasn't done enough in my eyes to justify some team giving him starter money.... the colts have vick ballard coming back as a suitable RB2 for them. gerhart to the colts doesnt make sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread