What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (1 Viewer)

The human leftovers they ran past is enough for me to think they're quite possibly canibals.

Storing people in the train cars and shooting their own, so easily, certainly doesn't make the residents look like nice people.

I think this is a bad place to be, but Bob will remain in a good mood.

Judith may very well be the key to a cure. If Tyrese & Carol show up, I get the feeling that Carol is wary enough not to just walk in and they will observe enough to figure out that there are people in there that need help (they'll see feedings being done for those in the rail cars).

No clue on Beth.

After escaping; Maggie, Rosita, Tara & Sasha will end up in a big tag team tickle fight.

Ricks line at the end was eye rolling bad. They even had the slow build up of music and overly long dramatic pause.

The show is what it is. Occasionally get a great episode like the one with carol and psycho girl.

The more I think about it, the less I think that Terminus is Cannibal Central.

I think it's way too obvious that's what we're supposed to think.

I get a very military/organized vibe from the way the guy was operating. He was very precise in how he dealt with Rick. I suppose that doesn't do anything to rule out cannibalism, but with a well-organized and supplied and "walker" secure facility, I would think you could do better than cannibalism. As a railyard, there could have been significant quantity of supplies in container cars there.
I think the only reason people think it's cannibals is because there were cannibals in the book and most all of the analysis pre arrival at TERMINUS hinted about there being cannibals. If there wasn't any mention of cannibals....the most sensible guesstimate would have been a bunch of Ivory Tower/hippie eggheads trying to cure the disease.
My wife watches the show and never read the comics and she thinks they're cannibals.
It's been being popped that cannibals should be making an appearance on just about every website this season. I'm pretty sure they've said as much on Talking Dead at least once or twice.
:shrug:

Just saying...she doesn't read about the show, she barely tolerates it, and we don't watch Talking Dead. Nothing outside of the actual episodes influenced her guess as to what's going on.
I think this supports my theory even more. If someone with no outside knowledge immediately believes they are cannibals, I'm thinking that this is something the writers want us to believe, while in fact it is not true.
That is sort of what I am thinking as well, but the pile of bones was an interesting note as well as what Hulk said that the snare foreshadowing of the rabbit, which they would eat, was the same as the trap to the rail car. Also, the powdered milk to fatten them up.

I did say to my son that I thought the poncho/watch/riot gear was too obvious, so I was thinking it might be a test to see what type of people they are. I am guessing that Alex failed their own internal test and they got rid of him. Two points, 1) they aren't "good" people because they shot their own as part of the trap and 2) they are well stocked and way better at things than our guys.

That said, it sort of reminds me of The Others in Lost. They already knew a ton about the next visitors, probably from Maggie et al or have been trailing them (easy to have lookouts along the rail) and have far more supplies/weaponry than our guys (like the folks that crashed in Lost).
The pile of bones could be from the Walkers that they are using to do their testing on. Not sure why a pile of bones would mean cannibals.

Am I the only one who saw the fresh (non decayed flesh) human bones on the ground as Rick and the crew are running through Terminus?

It's the cannibals no doubt about it.
What in the hell are you talking about.

no... you're not the only one. But the "non-cannibals" crowd doesn't seem to want to mention it.

The human leftovers they ran past is enough for me to think they're quite possibly canibals.

Storing people in the train cars and shooting their own, so easily, certainly doesn't make the residents look like nice people.

Judith may very well be the key to a cure. If Tyrese & Carol show up, I get the feeling that Carol is wary enough not to just walk in and they will observe enough to figure out that there are people in there that need help (they'll see feedings being done for those in the rail cars).

No clue on Beth.

After escaping; Maggie, Rosita, Tara & Sasha will end up in a big tag team tickle fight.
Tyrese and Carol are running behind the rest because they stopped off at a gun range so Carol could teach Judith how to shoot a gun. She's the secret weapon that Rick is talking about. She is going to come flying out Tyrese's backpack with an AK-47 strapped to each arm. Why do you think Rick buries those outside the fence. they really don't know who they are messing with.

Ricks line at the end was eye rolling bad. They even had the slow build up of music and overly long dramatic pause.

The show is what it is. Occasionally get a great episode like the one with carol and psycho girl.
They might have been better off cutting out before he said that last line. I actually thought they were going to.

Judith may very well be the key to a cure. If Tyrese & Carol show up, ...
My guess is that the three of them are already there. My first thought when I saw the powdered milk was "Someone is trying to keep a baby fed". I'm thinking they've already been through whatever the rest of the group is about to go through.

I also think that some of Rick's confidence is coming from him already having some sort of plan in place. The whole snare theme wasn't just for the herding to the rail car. It's how the Terminites get people to Terminus in the first place, and I think Rick recognized that. I think showing Rick burying the bag of guns was maybe just a glimpse at the "tip of the iceberg". I'm thinking Rick is setting up his own "snare".

My guess is that the three of them are already there. My first thought when I saw the powdered milk was "Someone is trying to keep a baby fed". I'm thinking they've already been through whatever the rest of the group is about to go through.

I also think that some of Rick's confidence is coming from him already having some sort of plan in place. The whole snare theme wasn't just for the herding to the rail car. It's how the Terminites get people to Terminus in the first place, and I think Rick recognized that. I think showing Rick burying the bag of guns was maybe just a glimpse at the "tip of the iceberg". I'm thinking Rick is setting up his own "snare".
If Rick's plan was to get captured by, what looked like, at least 50 well-armed gunmen, and subsequently locked in a railroad car while waiting to be eaten, then his snare is well set.

The old "Custer Plan".

If Rick's plan was to get captured by, what looked like, at least 50 well-armed gunmen, and subsequently locked in a railroad car while waiting to be eaten, then his snare is well set.

It's just a hunch/guess, and I'm well aware the odds are virtually nonexistent that this is how the story will play out.

But the intent of a snare is to have your prey believe it's proceeding safely, or to safety. I don't think Rick jumped the fence with any hopes or dreams of Terminus actually being a safe sanctuary. It's the Terminites that now feel they are safe/everything is normal. If Rick has any ace up his sleeve at all then yes, his snare, if there even is one, is well set.

Yeah, it was a bit much.

During the long, dramatic pause, I was thinking he better have dropped some sort of delayed release nerve gas outside or something. Didn't expect "they're screwing with the wrong people" to be the big payoff on that one.

No clue on Beth.

Tyrese and Carol are running behind the rest because they stopped off at a gun range so Carol could teach Judith how to shoot a gun. She's the secret weapon that Rick is talking about. She is going to come flying out Tyrese's backpack with an AK-47 strapped to each arm. Why do you think Rick buries those outside the fence. they really don't know who they are messing with.
She's an ace shot with Rick's Colt Python.

Yeah, it was a bit much.

During the long, dramatic pause, I was thinking he better have dropped some sort of delayed release nerve gas outside or something. Didn't expect "they're screwing with the wrong people" to be the big payoff on that one.
"I love it when a plan of getting trapped weaponless in a train car comes together" would have been better.

:lmao:

I guess you could say...

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px](._.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px](. _.)>⌐■-■[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]I'm about to go off the rails...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px](⌐■_■)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH![/SIZE]

That is sort of what I am thinking as well, but the pile of bones was an interesting note as well as what Hulk said that the snare foreshadowing of the rabbit, which they would eat, was the same as the trap to the rail car. Also, the powdered milk to fatten them up.

I did say to my son that I thought the poncho/watch/riot gear was too obvious, so I was thinking it might be a test to see what type of people they are. I am guessing that Alex failed their own internal test and they got rid of him. Two points, 1) they aren't "good" people because they shot their own as part of the trap and 2) they are well stocked and way better at things than our guys.

That said, it sort of reminds me of The Others in Lost. They already knew a ton about the next visitors, probably from Maggie et al or have been trailing them (easy to have lookouts along the rail) and have far more supplies/weaponry than our guys (like the folks that crashed in Lost).
My first thought when I saw those tables after meeting the Terminites was that they are capturing people to experiment on. I wouldn't be surprised if they are both scientists and cannibals.

An anagram of Sanctuary is "A Scary Nut".

Yeah, it was a bit much.

I see it as just a way to set up next season`s RICK THE BADASS theme

so Rick goes werewolf on one guy (RIP Jeff Kober), and now he thinks he's invincible? his "wait til they get a load of me" ripoff at the end was LOL-worthy, considering that for all he knows, every living acquaintance of his is stuck in that train with him.

and even though it's a show about zombies, I would be perfectly happy if we never have to see another zombie get spiked in the head. we get it already.

Overall, I liked a lot of individual episodes this season. The overall arc (virus-gov-scattered-find Terminus) wasn't that great plot-wise. I've like the journey that Rick, Carol and Tyreese had to go through...

so Rick goes werewolf on one guy (RIP Jeff Kober), and now he thinks he's invincible? his "wait til they get a load of me" ripoff at the end was LOL-worthy, considering that for all he knows, every living acquaintance of his is stuck in that train with him.

and even though it's a show about zombies, I would be perfectly happy if we never have to see another zombie get spiked in the head. we get it already.
One thing I've noticed is that they are always showing new ways to drive an object into a zombie's head. Knife down onto skull, knife up threw throat, crowbar via Joe's group after pushing it around a little.? c'mon. By this time everyone should be packing a long blade, short blade, AK-47 and 1 or more hand guns. Single zombies taken out by long blade with the simple off with your head Michonne move.

Oh and don't forget the blade sharpening tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, it was a bit much.

They should have used Breaking Bad's allowance of one free uncensored F##k per season. Could have been very useful there.

I still liked the line though. :shrug:

But then the teenagers will stop watching.

Yeah, it was a bit much.

They should have used Breaking Bad's allowance of one free uncensored F##k per season. Could have been very useful there.

I don't ever remember them being uncensored. They would say it, but it was censored for the TV show. It wasn't censored for the DVD.

If this annoys you this aint the show for you...i mean vampires all die the same way(stake in the heart)...werewolves(silver bullet)...its the way certain mobsters die ...every time...so you kill a zombie by killing the brain...what should they(the writers) do? I see them trying to come up with interesting ways of killing zombies all the time...but a knife in the head is par for the course...seems silly to complain about it.

It's just a hunch/guess, and I'm well aware the odds are virtually nonexistent that this is how the story will play out.

But the intent of a snare is to have your prey believe it's proceeding safely, or to safety. I don't think Rick jumped the fence with any hopes or dreams of Terminus actually being a safe sanctuary. It's the Terminites that now feel they are safe/everything is normal. If Rick has any ace up his sleeve at all then yes, his snare, if there even is one, is well set.
That Rick is a crafty one...

If this annoys you this aint the show for you...i mean vampires all die the same way(stake in the heart)...werewolves(silver bullet)...its the way certain mobsters die ...every time...so you kill a zombie by killing the brain...what should they(the writers) do? I see them trying to come up with interesting ways of killing zombies all the time...but a knife in the head is par for the course...seems silly to complain about it.
jfc, can we give this line a rest already?

Yeah, it was a bit much.

Really needed a Horatio Caine, putting on the sunglasses as he said it as well.

Seriously he might as well have said, "I'm already infected so they can't eat me" or "I peed a little when that guys head blew up beside me"

I was the thinking the A on the train car represented something like "Staging area A", like the first step in a process. Next season we will probably be exposed to what "B, C, and D" are, over time (several episodes).

Officer Pete Malloy said:

Yeah, it was a bit much.

BB?
:lmao:

jfc, can we give this line a rest already?
Well, to be fair, your point is pretty stupid.

Anyone have a screen shot of the cage of bones? How do we know they're human?
It was posted earlier and yes, it looked human.
Yeah, but they looked bloody. The "cannibals" look to still be cooking their food, and would have smoked that nice rack of ribs laying there (likely with some of tipsy's special rub of course). Those look to be picked off raw.

I still feel like the writers want the viewers to think they are cannibals. To make us think decisions through the same way that Rick and co. are scared. But something tells me these people will turn out to be good.
I don't think there's any scope for an "unreliable narrator" in this franchise. We're not just seeing things from Rick's angle, but also from Glen's, Daryl's Maggie's, etc.

Honestly, if the Terminus people turn out not to be cannibals, then the writers might as well go all the way and have Rick wake up in the prison, realizing that last season was all a dream.

I still feel like the writers want the viewers to think they are cannibals. To make us think decisions through the same way that Rick and co. are scared. But something tells me these people will turn out to be good.
I don't think there's any scope for an "unreliable narrator" in this franchise. We're not just seeing things from Rick's angle, but also from Glen's, Daryl's Maggie's, etc.

Honestly, if the Terminus people turn out not to be cannibals, then the writers might as well go all the way and have Rick wake up in the prison, realizing that last season was all a dream.
Woah! That would really be a mind bender. I say they should do it. People would love to see Herschel again and it would make television history!

Someone should make a Dukes of Hazzard "looks like them Duke boys are in a heap o trouble" video for that ending.

This is why I said Rick and company. Not sure what you mean by the rest.

Yeah, it was a bit much.

Season 4 as well.

What if Terminus is a place where they are trying to create a master race going forward and the bones are from people who they think are inferior? In essence it is a type of only the strong survive and any detainees with illness, weakness, physical defects, etc. are eliminated....

Users who are viewing this thread