What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post your Rookie 2014 drafts (1 Viewer)

First two rounds 12 team PPR qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/flex/flex/te/def

1.1 Aaron Sammy Watkins WR Buf
1.2 Luke Brandin Cooks WR NO
1.3 Luke Eric Ebron TE Det
1.4 Luke Jordan Matthews WR Phi
1.5 Trav Michael Evans WR TB
1.6 Ben Carlos Hyde RB SF
1.7 Joe Odell Beckham WR NYG
1.8 Aaron Bishop Sankey RB Tenn
1.9 Nate Marqise Lee WR Jax
1.10 Aaron Davante Adams WR GB
1.11 Aaron Kelvin Benjamin WR Car
1.12 Ben Devonte Freeman RB ATL

2.1 Dave Jeremy Hill RB Cinn
2.2 Chad Donte Moncrief WR Indy
2.3 Luke Tre Mason RB STL
2.4 Joe Johnny Manziel QB Cleve
2.5 Travis Cody Latimer WR Den
2.6 Jesse Austin Senfarin Jenkins TE TB
2.7 Joe Kadeem Carey RB Chi
2.8 Dave Martavis Bryant WR Pitt
2.9 Luke Andre Williams RB NYG
2.10 Chad Terrance West RB Cleve
2.11 Jay Allen Robinson WR Jax
2.12 Brad Charles Sims RB TB

duaneok66 said:
Milkman said:
Matthews is not falling past 8 in most of these drafts sucks pretty bad............
what did you expect? A 2nd round WR going to a very good situation . . .
I was hoping more people would listen to the posters on here that say he sucks and he would fall to the 10th pick. I mean you think he's at best a wr2 right?

Last edited by a moderator:
duaneok66 said:
Milkman said:
Matthews is not falling past 8 in most of these drafts sucks pretty bad............
I was hoping more people would listen to the posters on here that say he sucks and he would fall to the 10th pick. I mean you think he's at best a wr2 right?
i was hoping he would fall to the 9th pick. didn't happen. :( next will be the jordan matthews over drafted thread.

duaneok66 said:
Milkman said:
I do - but he's still in a great situation that is appealing to most drafters.

Skeletore Eh said:
http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=25016&O=17

lineup - QRRWWWTFDK

scoring - ppr, 0.75 for rb, 1 for wr, 1.25 for te. 5 pt passing td's

22 man roster with 3 taxi squad spots
83805 said:
12 team PPR with TE premium. Starts 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 TE, 2 Flex, 2 K, 2 D

Blacksheep at 1.08 messed up his pre-draft list & didn't get his pick till after the 2.01. I liked how some players dropped due to the QB run (got Ebron at 1.07) but I wasn't able to trade back up for Beckham, Latimer, Bryant, etc

http://football14.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=36897&O=17
I would be livid and quit the league if anyone was skipped for any reason. It is May, no reason to damage a team by skipping their pick. Any owner okay with this is much more selfish than I could ever be. If it was kickoff before week 1, okay fine, I can see that. It is May with three months before any kickoff. Drafts should revert back to their picks. For shame.

duaneok66 said:
Milkman said:
Yeah I understand that part but if most people believe his ceiling is WR2 then you would think Benjamin, Latimer, Cooks, Evans, Watkins, Adams, Beckham, and maybe Robinson or Lee would be drafted in front of him because all those guys seem to have, at the very least, WR1 upside. Then you put Sankey, Ebron, and Hyde in there and I don't think I'm out of line in thinking that Matthews could fall to pick #10 if the consensus is his upside is WR2 at best.

duaneok66 said:
Milkman said:
Yeah I understand that part but if most people believe his ceiling is WR2 then you would think Benjamin, Latimer, Cooks, Evans, Watkins, Adams, Beckham, and maybe Robinson or Lee would be drafted in front of him because all those guys seem to have, at the very least, WR1 upside. Then you put Sankey, Ebron, and Hyde in there and I don't think I'm out of line in thinking that Matthews could fall to pick #10 if the consensus is his upside is WR2 at best.
it's the immediacy of his situation. He should produce from the start, and people want instant results.

some of the receivers you mentioned (Adams, Latimer) will probably have to play the waiting game. Robinson and Lee have iffy situations at QB. Cooks will probably play in a rotation of sorts in NO.

Skeletore Eh said:

lineup - QRRWWWTFDK

83805 said:

Blacksheep at 1.08 messed up his pre-draft list & didn't get his pick till after the 2.01. I liked how some players dropped due to the QB run (got Ebron at 1.07) but I wasn't able to trade back up for Beckham, Latimer, Bryant, etc

I would be livid and quit the league if anyone was skipped for any reason. It is May, no reason to damage a team by skipping their pick. Any owner okay with this is much more selfish than I could ever be. If it was kickoff before week 1, okay fine, I can see that. It is May with three months before any kickoff. Drafts should revert back to their picks. For shame.
good points. In theory, you would hope that everyone updated their predraft list. However, in reality, best laid plans . . .

Skeletore Eh said:

lineup - QRRWWWTFDK

83805 said:

A similar thing happened to me except I made a trade offer and then left to take my wife out for Mother's Day. Checked on my phone and found out the trade was accepted a minute before the timer expired and I had not set my auto pick. About 4 or 5 picks were made before I found out. Luckily I'm in a good league that realized the situation and reset the picks.

Note to self: request league pause draft for a day if it falls on Mother's Day.

Childress said:
First two rounds 12 team PPR qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/flex/flex/te/def

1.1 Aaron Sammy Watkins WR Buf

1.2 Luke Brandin Cooks WR NO

1.3 Luke Eric Ebron TE Det

1.4 Luke Jordan Matthews WR Phi

1.5 Trav Michael Evans WR TB

1.6 Ben Carlos Hyde RB SF

1.7 Joe Odell Beckham WR NYG

1.8 Aaron Bishop Sankey RB Tenn

1.9 Nate Marqise Lee WR Jax

1.10 Aaron Davante Adams WR GB

1.11 Aaron Kelvin Benjamin WR Car

1.12 Ben Devonte Freeman RB ATL

2.1 Dave Jeremy Hill RB Cinn

2.2 Chad Donte Moncrief WR Indy

2.3 Luke Tre Mason RB STL

2.4 Joe Johnny Manziel QB Cleve

2.5 Travis Cody Latimer WR Den

2.6 Jesse Austin Senfarin Jenkins TE TB

2.7 Joe Kadeem Carey RB Chi

2.8 Dave Martavis Bryant WR Pitt

2.9 Luke Andre Williams RB NYG

2.10 Chad Terrance West RB Cleve

2.11 Jay Allen Robinson WR Jax

2.12 Brad Charles Sims RB TB
These guys have more guts than me, to let Evans drop to 1.5

People are sleeping on Tre Mason. Fisher is going to run the ball 30 times per game. Mason will eventually win the starting job. Running behind LT Long and LG Robinson is going to be unreal.

People are sleeping on Tre Mason. Fisher is going to run the ball 30 times per game. Mason will eventually win the starting job. Running behind LT Long and LG Robinson is going to be unreal.
sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dont say any more or everyone will want one of these.

Mason is pretty much undraftable to me. He won't just push over Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham under any circumstance. Best best is he's an equal talent. If he does end up splitting touches, Stacy will get the goal line work and be more valuable because he runs with more size/power. There are a lot of good players for FF this year. There are a few land mines, as usual. For the price Mason is one

Teams aren't going to win games like that anymore
Teams are loading up on the nickel package because the league is so pass happy, while SF and Seattle are running the ball affectively. Running the ball affectively will always be a winning formula. There are so many advantages to running the ball and controlling the clock. The Rams D will greatly benefit. Last year, it seemed they spent 3 quarters on the field and were always gassed.

Start 2 qb 2 rb 4 wr 2 te 1 k 1def

1.01 Wildcatz Watkins, Sammy BUF WR 7:37:45 a.m. 1.02 Runnin Rebels Cooks, Brandin NOS WR 7:38:34 a.m. 1.03 Runnin Rebels Evans, Mike TBB WR 7:38:40 a.m. 1.04 Wildcatz Hyde, Carlos SFO RB 7:39:35 a.m. 1.05 Bashers Bortles, Blake JAC QB 7:39:58 a.m. 1.06 Bashers Sankey, Bishop TEN RB 7:40:14 a.m. 1.07 Bashers Hill, Jeremy CIN RB 7:40:53 a.m. 1.08 Footballaholics Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB 7:41:18 a.m. 1.09 Runnin Rebels Manziel, Johnny CLE QB 7:43:52 a.m. 1.10 Wildcatz Beckham, Odell NYG WR 7:45:31 a.m. 1.11 Wildcatz Ebron, Eric DET TE 7:49:13 a.m. 1.12 Runnin Rebels Matthews, Jordan PHI WR 7:53:47 a.m. 2.01 Runnin Rebels Carr, Derek OAK QB 7:56:29 a.m. 2.02 Runnin Rebels Freeman, Devonta ATL RB 8:00:31 a.m. 2.03 Runnin Rebels Seferian-Jenkins, Austin TBB TE 8:01:53 a.m. 2.04 IronPigs Lee, Marqise JAC WR 8:07:38 a.m. 2.05 Phantom Bees Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR 8:10:09 a.m. 2.06 Footballaholics Mettenberger, Zach TEN QB 8:10:57 a.m. 2.07 Footballaholics Mason, Tre STL RB 8:13:09 a.m. 2.08 Bashers Williams, Andre NYG RB 8:13:36 a.m. 2.09 IronPigs Latimer, Cody DEN WR 8:15:36 a.m. 2.10 Budmen West, Terrance CLE RB 8:17:40 a.m. 2.11 Husky Howlers Amaro, Jace NYJ TE 8:18:37 a.m. 2.12 Washington Rednecks Adams, Davante GBP WR 8:22:14 a.m. 3.01 IronPigs Seastrunk, Lache WAS RB 8:27:48 a.m. 3.02 Phantom Bees Sims, Charles TBB RB 8:31:01 a.m. 3.03 Washington Rednecks Robinson, Allen JAC WR 8:31:20 a.m. 3.04 Washington Rednecks Carey, Ka'Deem CHI RB 8:31:26 a.m. 3.05 Phantom Bees Moncrief, Donte IND WR 8:33:51 a.m. 3.06 Naraku's Poisonous Insects Thomas, Logan ARI QB 8:33:52 a.m. 3.07 Midway Monsters Richardson, Paul SEA WR 8:34:33 a.m. 3.08 IronPigs Johnson, Storm JAC RB 8:37:20 a.m. 3.09 Naraku's Poisonous Insects McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB 8:37:21 a.m. 3.10 Husky Howlers Savage, Tom HOU QB 8:40:14 a.m. 3.11 Runnin Rebels Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB 8:46:11 a.m. 3.12 Runnin Rebels Garoppolo, Jimmy NEP QB 8:48:01 a.m. 4.01 Midway Monsters Gaffney, Tyler CAR RB 8:48:31 a.m. 4.02 Husky Howlers Landry, Jarvis MIA WR 8:49:08 a.m. 4.03 Runnin Rebels Bryant, Martavis PIT WR 8:52:07 a.m. 4.04 Footballaholics White, James NEP RB 8:52:45 a.m. 4.05 Phantom Bees Fiedorowicz, C.J. HOU TE 8:53:18 a.m. 4.06 Naraku's Poisonous Insects Huff, Josh PHI WR 8:53:19 a.m. 4.07 Footballaholics Murray, Aaron KCC QB 8:53:56 a.m. 4.08 Footballaholics Fales, David CHI QB 8:55:31 a.m. 4.09 Naraku's Poisonous Insects Niklas, Troy ARI TE 8:55:32 a.m. 4.10 IronPigs Ellington, Bruce SFO WR 9:06:31 a.m. 4.11 Washington Rednecks Taliaferro, Lorenzo BAL RB 9:06:48 a.m. 4.12 Washington Rednecks Brown, John ARI WR 9:07:05 a.m. 5.01 Phantom Bees Rodgers, Richard GBP TE 9:07:56 a.m. 5.02 Phantom Bees McCarron, A.J. CIN QB 9:09:01 a.m. 5.03 Phantom Bees Boyd, Tajh NYJ QB 9:09:32 a.m. 5.04 Washington Rednecks No Pick 9:12:02 a.m. 5.05 IronPigs Thomas, De'Anthony KCC RB 9:15:36 a.m. 5.06 Naraku's Poisonous Insects Gillmore, Crockett BAL TE 9:15:37 a.m. 5.07 IronPigs Abbrederis, Jared GBP WR 9:21:31 a.m. 5.08 Maccabees Archer, Dri PIT RB 9:23:53 a.m. 5.09 Budmen Williams, Damien MIA RB 9:25:14 a.m. 5.10 Phantom Bees Norwood, Kevin SEA WR 9:26:42 a.m. 5.11 Midway Monsters No Pick 9:27:16 a.m. 5.12 Washington Rednecks Evans, Shaq NYJ WR 9:27:28 a.m.

The Seahawks and 49ers disagree with you...
Seattle and SF each had about 25 RB runs per game, the same as GB, Philly, Detroit, and Cincy. All those Wilson & Kaepernick runs don't help the running backs.

Seattle and SF each had about 25 RB runs per game, the same as GB, Philly, Detroit, and Cincy. All those Wilson & Kaepernick runs don't help the running backs.
Solid fantasy analysis... but the distribution of carries has nothing to do with Kelly's comment. His assertion teams aren't going to win games like that anymore was laughably false considering the defending champ does just that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid fantasy analysis... but the distribution of carries has nothing to do with Kelly's comment. His assertion teams aren't going to win games like that anymore was laughably false considering the defending champ does just that.
His comment was perfect. Teams don't win games by having their coach run 30 times.

His comment was perfect. Teams don't win games by having their coach run 30 times.
:lol:

good catch on m comments and glad everybody got a good laugh.

But the days of an RB(s) pounding the rock 30+ times a game are over, these old school coaches always say the samething...we're going run run run all over them and our guy(s) is getting feed 30 times a game. Not anymore, you need to pass pass pass.

12 team PPR dynasty/contract full IDP league.

Start: 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (not QB).

Start: 3DL, 3LB, 2CB, 2S, 1Flex.

53 man rosters.

$1000 total salary cap.

Quirky rules: passing TD's score 6 points, 1 rushing yard earns 0.20 points, 1 receiving yard earns 0.15 points, 1 passing yard earns 0.10 points.

Rookies go through what is essentially an auction, though you can pick a player for a pre-determined price based on his position and the pick number you use (WR at the 1.01 costs $88 for instance). The economics tend to push people to auction them to save money. 8 of the players called out in Round 1 were auctioned. 4 of the players in round 2 were auctioned. All players in round 3 are auctioned by rule. Very possible to come out of the draft with fewer players than you had picks and vice versa depending on the auctions.

Ranked in descending order by final bid/price:

B.Sankey-RB $107

J.Manziel-QB $73

S.Watkins-WR $70

B.Cooks-WR $70

M.Evans-WR $61

C.Hyde-RB $60

T.Bridgewater-QB $60

E.Ebron-TE $54

J.Matthews-WR $45

K.Benjamin-WR $45

O.Beckham, Jr.-WR $44 (Me)

T.West-RB $40

M.Lee-WR $37

M.Bryant-WR $36 (Me)

B.Bortles-QB $32

T.Mason-RB $30

D.Montcrief-WR $27

D.Adams-WR $26

C.Lattimer-WR $22 (Me)

A.Robinson-WR $22

L.Seastrunk-RB $22

D.Freeman-RB $20

D.Carr-QB $20

J.Amaro-TE $16

A.Barr-LB $13

P.Richardson-WR $12 (Me)

C.J.Mosley-LB $11 (Me)

C.Sims-RB $11 (Me)

J.Clowney-LB $11

A. Sefarin-Jenkins-TE $8

A.Donald-DL $7

R.Shazier-LB $7

K.Mack-LB $6

C.Pryor-S $6

D.Buchanon-S $5

53 man rosters.

$1000 total salary cap.

Quirky rules: passing TD's score 6 points, 1 rushing yard earns 0.20 points, 1 receiving yard earns 0.15 points, 1 passing yard earns 0.10 points.

Rookies go through what is essentially an auction, though you can pick a player for a pre-determined price based on his position and the pick number you use (WR at the 1.01 costs $88 for instance). The economics tend to push people to auction them to save money. 8 of the players called out in Round 1 were auctioned. 4 of the players in round 2 were auctioned. All players in round 3 are auctioned by rule. Very possible to come out of the draft with fewer players than you had picks and vice versa depending on the auctions.

B.Sankey-RB $107

J.Manziel-QB $73

S.Watkins-WR $70

B.Cooks-WR $70

M.Evans-WR $61

C.Hyde-RB $60

T.Bridgewater-QB $60

E.Ebron-TE $54

J.Matthews-WR $45

K.Benjamin-WR $45

T.West-RB $40

M.Lee-WR $37

M.Bryant-WR $36 (Me)

B.Bortles-QB $32

T.Mason-RB $30

D.Montcrief-WR $27

D.Adams-WR $26

C.Lattimer-WR $22 (Me)

A.Robinson-WR $22

L.Seastrunk-RB $22

D.Freeman-RB $20

D.Carr-QB $20

J.Amaro-TE $16

A.Barr-LB $13

P.Richardson-WR $12 (Me)

C.J.Mosley-LB $11 (Me)

C.Sims-RB $11 (Me)

J.Clowney-LB $11

A. Sefarin-Jenkins-TE $8

A.Donald-DL $7

R.Shazier-LB $7

K.Mack-LB $6

C.Pryor-S $6

D.Buchanon-S $5
Jeremy Hill down ?

12 team PPR league with 1.5 PPR for TE's Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE 3 Flex

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=27247&O=17

Pretty happy to land Beckham, Mason and Amaro
I like your picks a lot. Love how fluid Beckham is. Amaro is someone I'm pretty high on, but he's a very polarizing pick. He's a 1st rounder sometimes. A lot of leagues he drops to the 3rd which is beyond me considering how receiver needy the Jets are. Mason is a good pick too. I could see him being the lead back. Someone I'm hoping to grab in a few leagues if he falls.

This one is in the books.

Couple of notes on the league in general. Even though it's a start 1 qb league, given the the best ball format, a lot of owners will keep 3 qbs on their roster. Trading for a qb2 feels like an exercise in futility at worse and an "opportunity" to overpay at best. Also, with the lack of 3 down workhorse rbs in the NFL today, a common strategy is to corner a given team's backfield. This works reasonably well given the best ball scoring.

I came away with Hill at the 2.03 and as the Gio owner, I'm happy. I was targeting Bridgwater at the 2.04, but I was reasonably sure he wasn't getting past the owner with the 1.10 (he is a Vikings homer and wanted depth with health concerns on RG3 and Eli being terrible). After grabbing Manziel, I'm glad I didn't try to trade back with Bortles going immediately after at 2.05.

At 2.07 I had the choice between Benjamin and Lee, which I thought was an interesting statement to how down owners are on both guys.

I tried to trade back in on third round in hopes to getting Andre Williams, but couldn't get it done.

53 man rosters.

$1000 total salary cap.

B.Sankey-RB $107

J.Manziel-QB $73

S.Watkins-WR $70

B.Cooks-WR $70

M.Evans-WR $61

C.Hyde-RB $60

T.Bridgewater-QB $60

E.Ebron-TE $54

J.Matthews-WR $45

K.Benjamin-WR $45

T.West-RB $40

M.Lee-WR $37

M.Bryant-WR $36 (Me)

B.Bortles-QB $32

T.Mason-RB $30

D.Montcrief-WR $27

D.Adams-WR $26

C.Lattimer-WR $22 (Me)

A.Robinson-WR $22

L.Seastrunk-RB $22

D.Freeman-RB $20

D.Carr-QB $20

J.Amaro-TE $16

A.Barr-LB $13

P.Richardson-WR $12 (Me)

C.J.Mosley-LB $11 (Me)

C.Sims-RB $11 (Me)

J.Clowney-LB $11

A. Sefarin-Jenkins-TE $8

A.Donald-DL $7

R.Shazier-LB $7

K.Mack-LB $6

C.Pryor-S $6

D.Buchanon-S $5
Love the values you got, especially Richardson for $11.

I like Martavis but it was a bit of an overpay when you could have had Robinson or Adams for less.

We just had Lee go at 2.12 in the first one.
This is interesting... granted I definitely like Robinson more than Lee. But I'm surprised to see guys like Ka'Deem Carey, Paul Richardson and Donte Moncrief go prior to Lee. Not to mention Isaiah Crowell, but I really don't get at ALL. Fine with the West pick but taking both him and Crowell seems like a bit of a reach.

We just had Lee go at 2.12 in the first one.
This is interesting... granted I definitely like Robinson more than Lee. But I'm surprised to see guys like Ka'Deem Carey, Paul Richardson and Donte Moncrief go prior to Lee. Not to mention Isaiah Crowell, but I really don't get at ALL. Fine with the West pick but taking both him and Crowell seems like a bit of a reach.
I agree. I took West at 2.07 and Crowell at 3.04 because I wanted to lock up the CLE RB situation and I have a strong hunch that one of the RBs on that team (including Tate) are going to be very productive. But I would take Lee before either of those RBs, easy.

Users who are viewing this thread