What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looting in Missouri after cops shoot 18 year old (2 Viewers)

Pretty amazing thread here... Usually I'd expect a bunch of idiots ranting in a thread like this, instead there are a bunch of intelligent posters pretty divided. All I've been able to uncover on this story is (which isn't enough to make any judgement):

- 18 year old kid shot to death by cop (kid is black)

- cop may have acted too aggressively, but what actually happened is still TBD (white cop)

- kid might not have been perfect, but def didn't deserve to die

Is this all we have?

###### gets 6 hashtags/pound signs/number symbols?

I guess they use the real word, not the abbreviation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this shows you can't trust a guy that wear flip-flops outside of a beach or pool.
In the house is ok though right? :oldunsure:
yeah, that's fine
Whew

Thanks man. :hifive:
Don't hi-five me. I ain't no flip-flop wearing ######.
You and my best buddy see eye-to-eye. I wear them fishing and he gives me hell, so I bought aqua boots to get him off my back. lol

I think this shows you can't trust a guy that wear flip-flops outside of a beach or pool.
In the house is ok though right? :oldunsure:
yeah, that's fine
Whew

Thanks man. :hifive:
Don't hi-five me. I ain't no flip-flop wearing ######.
You and my best buddy see eye-to-eye. I wear them fishing and he gives me hell, so I bought aqua boots to get him off my back. lol
What about Tiddies? Tiddies are okay, right?

That'd be a good poll. How many FBGs have ever committed theft and then when confronted assaulted a guy half our size?
What if the shop keep would have shot him? Even in the back? Would there be the same outrage nationwide? (granted the shop would have been burned to the ground the next day.

I've been assaulted numerous times over the years stopping shoplifters. Generally, things have gotten worse. People don't give a #### about others. Thankfully, I've moved into a different area of loss prevention. Paranoia of getting shot or stabbed was starting to worry me. (and my wife)

Maybe we need a poll of FBG's that have been assaulted.

That'd be a good poll. How many FBGs have ever committed theft and then when confronted assaulted a guy half our size?
What if the shop keep would have shot him? Even in the back? Would there be the same outrage nationwide? (granted the shop would have been burned to the ground the next day.

I've been assaulted numerous times over the years stopping shoplifters. Generally, things have gotten worse. People don't give a #### about others. Thankfully, I've moved into a different area of loss prevention. Paranoia of getting shot or stabbed was starting to worry me. (and my wife)

Jesus, where do you do loss prevention at, Compton?

Omaha. The Compton of the Plains.

You're full of #### Mr. Post Man.

:confused: You're full of bourbon, Mr Beam.

I've referenced the post office in past threads because my wife has been a rural carrier for 30 years.

Going back to the Supreme Court cases I cited earlier, it said an officer has the right to shoot a fleeing suspect if he has reasonable basis to believe the suspect was guilty of a felony.

Is shooting a cop a felony?

How about assault & battery of a police officer?

If either one of those is a potential felony, then according to the Supreme Court, the officer had the right to shoot to avoid letting him get away.
When was the cop shot?And simple assault on an officer is a misdemeanor in Missouri.
His buddy said once the cop backed up and put his car in park, he tried to open his door, quite violently (per friend) such that it bounced off Brown and he couldn't immediately get out. Then Brown supposedly backed up and the officer got out.At this point, multiple witnesses claim the officer immediately attacked Brown by putting him in a chokehold and tried to get him in his car. I've read Brown was a large man and he did put up a fight once the officer had him in the chokehold. He supposedly kept grabbing the police car to avoid being put inside it. Per the accounts, as the two were tangled up, the officer managed to pull his gun and get off a contact shot. After hearing the shot, the witnesses said Brown was still in the officers chokehold, but broke free within a few seconds and took off running.

Stop. We could end it here. There is definitely fault on the officer. The police can't just jump out of their car and put you in a chokehold or throw you to the ground.

From there, everyone seems to agree the officer chased after Brown. Put another bullet somewhere in him from behind. Brown didn't go, but stopped, turned around and put his hands pleading "please stop shooting". The cop then shot him an unknown number of times in the head and chest.

It's a ####ed up mess if that's what really happened. No rule cops can't be sociopaths.
Isn't it possible that the friend, who was at the store watching Brown rough up the clerks not long before, isn't being completely honest?
Definitely. I don't doubt Brown was giving all his effort fighting off the cop. IMO, if the cop put aBullet in him while they were tussling, he manages to get free and make a run, another bullet should have never been fired.

Worst case is he gets away and they have to hunt him down after the fact.

I can almost give him a pass if he'd have hit him in the butt or legs (still deadly).

I don't see any reason any cop would put half a dozen rounds in a guy running the other way; period.
Totally agree with that, assuming that's how it went down. Also seems odd to me that a cop, even a stupid one, would be stupid enough to do that in broad daylight with so many people watching.

I guess my point is I'd like to hear more hard evidence about what happened that day. The only account I read was from Brown's pal from the grocery store video. No idea whether that kid is telling the truth or not.

:shrug:

But yeah, if it went down the way that kid said it went down, that's really, really bad.
The guy who live tweeted the shooting aftermath from his living room had a very similar story.

:confused: You're full of bourbon, Mr Beam.

I've referenced the post office in past threads because my wife has been a rural carrier for 30 years.
If your wife is your right hand then we agree.

/edit: and even if it's not, you're still full of ####, on the multiple assaults in loss prevention, paranoia of being shot/stabbed in loss prevention.

Gimme a break. It's most company's policy to fire anyone who interferes with a robbery/theft beyond saying, "hey stop!" so either A) You don't work much, or B) you're full of ####, or C) You just happen to be the only badass in loss prevention that hasn't gotten a reality tv show yet.

/edit: and even if it's not, you're still full of ####, on the multiple assaults in loss prevention, paranoia of being shot/stabbed in loss prevention.

Gimme a break. It's most company's policy to fire anyone who interferes with a robbery/theft beyond saying, "hey stop!" so either A) You don't work much, or B) you're full of ####, or C) You just happen to be the only badass in loss prevention that hasn't gotten a reality tv show yet.
I've seen the change in company policy that you speak of. I started with Target stores in the early 90's. They used to apprehend people, now they take a more passive approach. But most companies still apprehend shoplifters within a certain set of rules. Most recently I worked for JCPenney's stores. If you think they won't apprehend a shoplifter, I suggest you make a visit there tomorrow and try to steal something. Let us know how it turns out.

Oh yeah, I am the only badass in loss prevention. And there's nothing real about reality shows.

I've seen the change in company policy that you speak of. I started with Target stores in the early 90's. They used to apprehend people, now they take a more passive approach. But most companies still apprehend shoplifters within a certain set of rules. Most recently I worked for JCPenney's stores. If you think they won't apprehend a shoplifter, I suggest you make a visit there tomorrow and try to steal something. Let us know how it turns out.

Oh yeah, I am the only badass in loss prevention. And there's nothing real about reality shows.
Funny you mention JCPenny's....that was my first encounter with the criminal underworld....AND you're full of ####. You haven't been threatened to be shot over some Arizona jeans, or 2 for 15 printed T-shirts.

Funny you mention JCPenny's....that was my first encounter with the criminal underworld....AND you're full of ####. You haven't been threatened to be shot over some Arizona jeans, or 2 for 15 printed T-shirts.
Point to the post where I said I was threatened with a gun. I said that people have progressively gotten worse. I've been punched, and had knives and screwdrivers pulled on me. Everyone runs these days, because a percentage of companies don't allow LP agents to pursue. (This all started with Target, when an agent in CA chased a shoplifter into traffic. The shoplifter was hit and killed)

I've given my history. What kind of experience do you have? Prove you're not the one full of ####.

The cop's version of this story as told on a local radio station by a friend...cop asks two teenagers to get out of the street, they cuss at him, he parks as he hears the robbery being reported on his radio and they fit the description, Michael attacks him as he tries to get out of car and has his gun pointed at his hip by Michael at one point, cop also gets hit in the face, he gets off one shot before the 2 teenagers run 35 feet away, Michael then dares him to shoot him and runs at him, cop shoots several times but they don't stop him until the shot in the forehead at which point he falls right in front of him dead. Whether that's true or not, we will probably never know.

The cop's version of this story as told on a local radio station by a friend...cop asks two teenagers to get out of the street, they cuss at him, he parks as he hears the robbery being reported on his radio and they fit the description, Michael attacks him as he tries to get out of car and has his gun pointed at his hip by Michael at one point, cop also gets hit in the face, he gets off one shot before the 2 teenagers run 35 feet away, Michael then dares him to shoot him and runs at him, cop shoots several times but they don't stop him until the shot in the forehead at which point he falls right in front of him dead. Whether that's true or not, we will probably never know.
I've never heard the running at him part, but I don't think they have released the officer's complete version yet.If that's true the toxicology report is going to be interesting.

So the 2 guys had just committed robbery and assault and 10 minutes later when a cop told them to stop jaywalking their response was to keep breaking the law. Do I have that right?
This is so not the issue with this Ferguson case IMO. The Mike Brown shooting is the catalyst to all the other horrible things that happened over the last week.

Paranoia of getting shot or stabbed was starting to worry me. (and my wife)
There you go. As for proving my I'm not full of ####. I'm not sure why someone would claim to have gone to prison, committed theft, and other deeds generally looked down upon in this community just because. You can check my history.

I'd say that it's progressively gotten easier/safer for security people as technology has gotten better since the early 90's to today.

All I'm trying to say is you are glorifying and embellishing your experiences. By a long shot. Don't get mad cause I'm calling you on it. Just admit you're wrong. You're a rent-a-cop. Nothing wrong with it, but don't try compare loss prevention at Target and JCPenny's to being a real cop. It's a huge difference.

/Edit: Maybe you aren't exactly comparing, but you are implying a true sense of risk with your statements about being assaulted multiple times, being paranoid of being shot or stabbed, etc.... That's bull####. Especially in ####### Omaha.

There you go. As for proving my I'm not full of ####. I'm not sure why someone would claim to have gone to prison, committed theft, and other deeds generally looked down upon in this community just because. You can check my history.I'd say that it's progressively gotten easier/safer for security people as technology has gotten better since the early 90's to today.

All I'm trying to say is you are glorifying and embellishing your experiences. By a long shot. Don't get mad cause I'm calling you on it. Just admit you're wrong. You're a rent-a-cop. Nothing wrong with it, but don't try compare loss prevention at Target and JCPenny's to being a real cop. It's a huge difference.
You seem to know a lot about someone you don't know.

It can't be true, because the police chief already denied that the cop knew about the robbery.

Regardless, he didn't deserve to die. Lots of people steal ####, I got a free train ride the other day because I didn't voluntarily offer the conductor my ticket. :shrug:
Was someone in here arguing he deserved to die because he stole cigars?
I think it's going in that general direction, yes. Maybe you should :fishing: the Shark Pool, or at least not ever side with Peens in this general vein. Makes sense doesn't it?
I never even approached that. In fact I said it was a shame the kid turned out to be a thug, because it only feeds people like Peens.

It's amazing to me that when race relations are involved, you can employ level headed reason and people still just totally lose their crap in an instant.

"Wow, sucks he turned out to be a crappy kid"

"OMG U RACIST UR JUST LIKE PEENS"

Oh. Ok.
I never said you were approaching that, nor did I compare you to Peens. I thought lawyers could read? Can they not?
Two other guys did on the prior page. You're the one saying the discussion is going "in the general direction" of someone saying the kid should die for stealing cigars. I am saying I never even approached that. To the extent Peens agrees with me that the kid was a thug, well, ####, we finally saw Peens being right about something. Only took a decade.
You really suck at reading.

So the 2 guys had just committed robbery and assault and 10 minutes later when a cop told them to stop jaywalking their response was to keep breaking the law. Do I have that right?
No. The police said the witness guy had committed no crime in connection with the store and cigars.

There you go. As for proving my I'm not full of ####. I'm not sure why someone would claim to have gone to prison, committed theft, and other deeds generally looked down upon in this community just because. You can check my history.

I'd say that it's progressively gotten easier/safer for security people as technology has gotten better since the early 90's to today.

Never compared myself to being a real cop. If anything, I compared myself to the convenience store clerk.

Technology may have helped identify shoplifters, but it doesn't do anything for the apprehension part of it. You still have to stand face to face with the crook.

Someone in LP must have kicked your ### pretty good. You're still carrying a grudge.

There you go. As for proving my I'm not full of ####. I'm not sure why someone would claim to have gone to prison, committed theft, and other deeds generally looked down upon in this community just because. You can check my history.I'd say that it's progressively gotten easier/safer for security people as technology has gotten better since the early 90's to today.

He still thinks I'm a mail man. :lmao:

The cop didn't know about the robbery when he first asked them to get out of the street, but heard it on the radio right after that.

Apparently, the cop thought he was on something because the first few shots didn't stop him. He felt a head shot was the only way to stop him I guess.

He just contradicted the police chief on the bolded. And he contradicted the 3 witnesses who never described the dead guy running at the cop. And he contradicted the police report saying the guy was killed at least 30 feet from the police car.

Not that a radio caller would make up a story or anything.

By the way, where is the initial incident report by the cop? Not the results of the investigation(s), that'll take time. But where's the incident report?

He still thinks I'm a mail man. :lmao:
Your posts on union issues in the Post Office on the Rural Postal Carrier website suggest you are in fact a post man.

As for knowing a lot about someone I don't know, it has nothing to do with him as a person, it has to do with his claims of being in Loss Prevention for 15 years. People who are good at their job, whether it be legal or illegal, know the rules. I know the rules of in house LP people. He isn't chasing or scuffling or taking down any thieves. If he did he'd be fired. 90's or 00's or 10's. He'd be fired. By scuffling or attempting to take down a shoplifter he is putting the company at risk. There are strong rules within companies against this. Especially companies like Target and JCPennys.

It can't be true, because the police chief already denied that the cop knew about the robbery.
He denied he knew about it when he pulled them over. He has given conflicting reports on that as well though.

He just contradicted the police chief on the bolded. And he contradicted the 3 witnesses who never described the dead guy running at the cop. And he contradicted the police report saying the guy was killed at least 30 feet from the police car.

Not that a radio caller would make up a story or anything.

By the way, where is the initial incident report by the cop? Not the results of the investigation(s), that'll take time. But where's the incident report?
I don't think it has been released.

I already said that my wife is a rural carrier. I have an interest in what happens, especially when it comes to union contracts. If you would have dug a little deeper, you would have found a post of mine on that website that states my wife works for the Post Office. Not very good police work there Columbo.

As far as chasing people, you should do some more research. I would love to find a way to make a bet. If you had any money, I'd take everything you have. Not only did we apprehend shoplifters, but we also used handcuffs on shoplifters at JCPenney's. I'm sure you'll call that BS too. I also know people at other retail stores here in town and they are still making apprehensions. Some places have made a change to diversion, but not all.

You should probably quit while you're behind.

I already said that my wife is a rural carrier. I have an interest in what happens, especially when it comes to union contracts. If you would have dug a little deeper, you would have found a post of mine on that website that states my wife works for the Post Office. Not very good police work there Columbo.

As far as chasing people, you should do some more research. I would love to find a way to make a bet. If you had any money, I'd take everything you have. Not only did we apprehend shoplifters, but we also used handcuffs on shoplifters at JCPenney's. I'm sure you'll call that BS too. I also know people at other retail stores here in town and they are still making apprehensions. Some places have made a change to diversion, but not all.

The only shoplifters you are stopping are the ones that immediately quit and become passive when you are there waiting on them at the exit doors. Get real fool.

/Edit: And LOL at handcuffs. You definitely aren't using handcuffs. Nor did you "back in the '90's"

The only shoplifters you are stopping are the ones that immediately quit and become passive when you are there waiting on them at the exit doors. Get real fool.
how did those cuffs feel? kinda suck don't they?

how did those cuffs feel? kinda suck don't they?
Yeah, they sure did, but they weren't ever put on by some rent - a - cop in LP.

I guess you changed your stance on me being in LP and not a mail man. You can't argue the fact that I've been assaulted more than once. And you're coming to the realization that retail Loss Prevention does still apprehend shoplifters.

I think we are done here. Have a good night.

I guess you changed your stance on me being in LP and not a mail man. You can't argue the fact that I've been assaulted more than once. And you're coming to the realization that retail Loss Prevention does still apprehend shoplifters.

I think we are done here. Have a good night.
There's quite a stretch from numerous, paranoid about being stabbed/shot and once. I never said LP doesn't apprehend shoplifters, nor did I imply it. My stance is that you're full of #### about being assaulted numerous times to the point of being paranoid of being shot/stabbed, scuffling/chasing shop lifters to the point of being threatened "numerous" times. My stance is you may have encountered it once, done it once, MAYBE twice, but not NUMEROUS.

No I'm not sold on the fact that you aren't in fact a mail man, which I would believe you had been threatened more than the LP career, I'm just giving you the benefit of the doubt to continue this argument because I find it humorous just how wrong you are about LP, a subject I just happen to know a lot about.

My wife worked in LP at both Target and BB. They were strictly forbidden to try and apprehend a shoplifter. They were allowed to approach them, and ask them, but not physically apprehend them. This goes back to the 90's. Not sure when you worked in LP, but PitBull is spot on with what he said.

Isn't the video important because Ferguson is likely under the impression the cop is taking him down for the robbery? Ferguson may have reacted to the cop in a much different manner as opposed to him just walking down the street on a normal day.

Not saying the actions of the cop were justified or not. Don't know enough yet nor likely ever will. Just that the cop ran into an altercation with someone who just robbed a liquor store and it went sideways.

The video is important because it may show Ferguson's state of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread