What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (3 Viewers)

I will add if Notre Dame runs the table and remains undefeated as much as I dislike Notre Dame they have to be included in the Playoffs.

I also feel this would spell doom to the SEC getting 2 schools in the Playoffs. If ND gets a seat it is tough for the Committee to give 2 seats to the SEC but there should be no bias from the committe there job is to put the best 4 teams in the playoffs no matter what conference they come from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need some advice guys. My dad and I have 4 tickets to the UCLA- Oregon game the week after next. It's at the Rose Bowl, 12:30 pm PST. We have excellent seats on the 25 yard line, Oregon side, about a third of the way up. My dad and I are going but we've decided to sell two of the tickets (which we've never done before.) Questions:

1. Is Stubhub the best way to go? Ebay? Some other venue? Or should we wait until we're there?

2. This will be a game between two top 10 teams, both likely undefeated, likely sold out as well. How much should we sell these tickets for?

thx

Look at stubhub/ebay to determine the market value. Stub hub is the easiest, but they also take the most amount of fees (10%.). No idea of what the local laws in LA are wrt scalping so take that into account.

I hate the added pressure of selling tickets on gameday and taking away from the experience, so I typically go stubhub; unless I'm confident I can make a profit quickly. Also, the rose bowl is huge, don't overestimate how much you can make...again check stubhub/ebay to determine market value.

YMMV

Look at stubhub/ebay to determine the market value. Stub hub is the easiest, but they also take the most amount of fees (10%.). No idea of what the local laws in LA are wrt scalping so take that into account.

I hate the added pressure of selling tickets on gameday and taking away from the experience, so I typically go stubhub; unless I'm confident I can make a profit quickly. Also, the rose bowl is huge, don't overestimate how much you can make...again check stubhub/ebay to determine market value.

YMMV
thx

I will add if Notre Dame runs the table and remains undefeated as much as I dislike Notre Dame they have to be included in the Playoffs.

I also feel this would spell doom to the SEC getting 2 schools in the Playoffs. If ND gets a seat it is tough for the Committee to give 2 seats to the SEC but there should be no bias from the committe there job is to put the best 4 teams in the playoffs no matter what conference they come from.
Yeah, they're guaranteed a seat if they run the table. We'll find out this weekend if that's a possibility. Still waiting to hear if they're getting 3 starters back from academic probation.

YMMV
thx
I like Craigslist, but understand some reservations. I've never had problems selling tickets on CL or even Backpages. Meet up for an exchange of tickets for cash. Big games, I have no problem marking the tickets up to what I see them going for.

All that said, I listed my Arizona/Ducks tickets for tomorrow night on CL an didn't have one bite. That never happens. Ever. So I'm thinking the 7:30pm kick on a weeknight is keeping most bidders away....or the luster of the Ducks is wearing off.

Line is 23.5...that's way too high. Might be betting against Oregon here. They are beat up bad on the OL and their defense has been atrocious, especially the DBs. Arizona can shred them apart.

Taking my 10 year old son to this. He's pumped up for this. Will get out of school early to head down south, but man, it is going to be a very late night for us.

If Marshall goes undefeated and BYU and Notre Dame both have at least two losses, as does every team from at least three of the Power Five conferences, and every SEC team except for two have at least three losses, I think they have a very good chance of getting in.

Premier said:
I love that we have the same undefeated conversation every single year. Clockwork.
Is it me, or did the conversation start a littler earlier this year because of the playoff?
It's probably just me because I hate it, but it seems like the conversation never stops.

Just play the games, enjoy them, root for the teams you like, and against the teams you hate...it'll all work itself out.
But what do we do during the week while we're at work?
You could try working.

Premier said:
I love that we have the same undefeated conversation every single year. Clockwork.
Is it me, or did the conversation start a littler earlier this year because of the playoff?
It's probably just me because I hate it, but it seems like the conversation never stops.

Just play the games, enjoy them, root for the teams you like, and against the teams you hate...it'll all work itself out.
But what do we do during the week while we're at work?
You could try working.
I work, but I need something to do with other 6 hours of the work day.

Man, who would have thought 5 years ago Baylor would be going into Austin and laying 17 points this week?

It does go to show how coaching can make all the difference in the world. Not totally sure why Briles isn't on the radar for Michigan and other big programs.

Man, who would have thought 5 years ago Baylor would be going into Austin and laying 17 points this week?

It does go to show how coaching can make all the difference in the world. Not totally sure why Briles isn't on the radar for Michigan and other big programs.
I think he's his own agent...so there are no Sexton games going on. He may just be telling people he's not interested.

Yeah, they're guaranteed a seat if they run the table. We'll find out this weekend if that's a possibility. Still waiting to hear if they're getting 3 starters back from academic probation.
It'll obviously never happen...but there are 4 undefeated conference leaders in front of them now.

I'm sure he is on the radar. He has no interest in leaving.

Need some advice guys. My dad and I have 4 tickets to the UCLA- Oregon game the week after next. It's at the Rose Bowl, 12:30 pm PST. We have excellent seats on the 25 yard line, Oregon side, about a third of the way up. My dad and I are going but we've decided to sell two of the tickets (which we've never done before.) Questions:

1. Is Stubhub the best way to go? Ebay? Some other venue? Or should we wait until we're there?

2. This will be a game between two top 10 teams, both likely undefeated, likely sold out as well. How much should we sell these tickets for?

thx
If you want to sell to UCLA fans (which I would), then you can try and sell them here and here.

If you are a terrible fan and don't care about creating a good home environment, then you can sell them on Stubhub or Ebay to the highest bidding Duck fan.

When I think UCLA football, the first thing that comes to mind is a hostile environment for road teams.

thx
If you want to sell to UCLA fans (which I would), then you can try and sell them here and here.

If you are a terrible fan and don't care about creating a good home environment, then you can sell them on Stubhub or Ebay to the highest bidding Duck fan.
lol. Of course I'd prefer to sit next to some Bruins. But- how much do you think they're worth GDogg?

He's been mentioned as a "want" by several Michigan sources....though none of them have him as their first choice. Most are infatuated with Harbaughs or Miles

YMMV
thx
I like Craigslist, but understand some reservations. I've never had problems selling tickets on CL or even Backpages. Meet up for an exchange of tickets for cash. Big games, I have no problem marking the tickets up to what I see them going for.

All that said, I listed my Arizona/Ducks tickets for tomorrow night on CL an didn't have one bite. That never happens. Ever. So I'm thinking the 7:30pm kick on a weeknight is keeping most bidders away....or the luster of the Ducks is wearing off.

Line is 23.5...that's way too high. Might be betting against Oregon here. They are beat up bad on the OL and their defense has been atrocious, especially the DBs. Arizona can shred them apart.

Taking my 10 year old son to this. He's pumped up for this. Will get out of school early to head down south, but man, it is going to be a very late night for us.
I said the same thing back on Monday. Way too many points. I'm worried about the "W", much less 3+ scores....

thx

lol. Of course I'd prefer to sit next to some Bruins. But- how much do you think they're worth GDogg?
I saw a pair get sold for $125 each that were on the UCLA side between the 30 and 40 yard lines. I also saw another pair get sold (don't know which section or row, though) on the 30 yard line for $80 each.

It looks like the Bruin Ticket Exchange through ticketmaster has tickets in the 20-30 yard line areas on the Oregon side starting at $175 a piece. Because it's a 12:30 p.m. game, you aren't going to be able to charge the premium you would for a 3:30 p.m. game (shady vs. sunny side in the Rose Bowl when it's hot makes a huge difference).

Provided UCLA and Oregon both win this week, GameDay will apparently be heading to UCLA's campus. It's interesting because the only other time UCLA hosted GameDay they were at the Rose Bowl.

thx
I just bought 9 tickets today for this game through the Oregon ticket office. $71 apiece in Oregon section. Not great seats but needed 9 together. My family and my buddy's family are driving over from Phoenix for the week. Kids have Fall break. Looking forward to the game. Hopefully they both take care or business with no injuries this week.

thx
I just bought 9 tickets today for this game through the Oregon ticket office. $71 apiece in Oregon section. Not great seats but needed 9 together. My family and my buddy's family are driving over from Phoenix for the week. Kids have Fall break. Looking forward to the game. Hopefully they both take care or business with no injuries this week.
Jesus Christ... No wonder nobody takes pac12 schools seriously.Ole miss / BAMA is $300 to get in the door.

TN / Florida is $250...

You guys can pick up 9 tickets at face value still?!! Wow.

thx
Jesus Christ... No wonder nobody takes pac12 schools seriously.Ole miss / BAMA is $300 to get in the door.

TN / Florida is $250...

Without getting into the normal 'there's so much more to do!' debate....the difference is pretty amazing. Mark Davis would be a hobo out west.

thx

TN / Florida is $250...

Not to get in the way of the :hophead: but my BIL swung by Gainsville on his way up here and picked up Florida tickets at face value for this weekend's game in Knoxville. That was Monday afternoon.

gump said:
First GameDay in The Grove this weekend...should be cool.

Although I wonder if they bring this up:

Ole Miss Athletics under NCAA investigation
The grove is the most overrated tailgating ever. It's more of a "spectacle" vs. actual tailgating. Like something you would watch with a microscope.

The women are phenomenal though. Hands down the best per capita in the SEC, and I would assume one of if not the best in the country.

gump said:

The grove is the most overrated tailgating ever. It's more of a "spectacle" vs. actual tailgating. Like something you would watch with a microscope.

The women are phenomenal though. Hands down the best per capita in the SEC, and I would assume one of if not the best in the country.
yeah, OM has spent all their time and effort convincing everyone how great the Grove is. Everyone in the SEC has similar tailgating. No open flames and no generators??? More like a big picnic.

Man I can't wait for Saturday.

TF, I have a feeling you guys take Auburn pretty easily. Though I kind of wish they would win, just to remain unbeaten coming to Starkville next week. That would give us a shot at knocking off 3 top 10 teams in 3 games.

Premier said:
UT/UF is 250 to get in the door? We just paid 75 a piece.
You just got a fantastic deal.

SeatGeek App searches tons of databases (Ebay, Stubhub, etc) and the low end of the range is 230-250 and up to 500+ for better seats. There are a couple stray 150-200 offers but they're for terrible seats and/or shady ebay auctions.

gump said:

yeah, OM has spent all their time and effort convincing everyone how great the Grove is. Everyone in the SEC has similar tailgating. No open flames and no generators??? More like a big picnic.

Man I can't wait for Saturday.

TF, I have a feeling you guys take Auburn pretty easily. Though I kind of wish they would win, just to remain unbeaten coming to Starkville next week. That would give us a shot at knocking off 3 top 10 teams in 3 games.
Ehhhh I've tailgated at a lot of the SEC schools, and I've hosted a double tent setup at the grove. While I wish they allowed open flames, the no generators rule is very welcome IMO. Only time I've had a generator at a tailgate setup was when we had a 40' double decker BBQ trailer with bigscreen and directTV hookup for a late TENN vs MEMPHIS game years ago... and that was only because we had a big plot reserved so we wouldn't be annoying neighbors with our lawnmower-esque drone.

I can appreciate the "finer things" approach of the Grove. There is no comparison, IMO, between The Junction and the Grove... not even close. Caliber of women or experience overall.

The Commish said:
Not to get in the way of the :hophead: but my BIL swung by Gainsville on his way up here and picked up Florida tickets at face value for this weekend's game in Knoxville. That was Monday afternoon.
Your buddy had connections or got really lucky. If he was paying attention he could have bought more and paid for his trip.
I don't see the Florida Athletic department selling tickets in that link. He went in and got his tickets...part of Florida's allotment to the game :shrug:

icon said:

TN / Florida is $250...

TAMU / MSU tickets are available for $40, and that game's in two days. No wonder nobody takes SEC schools seriously.

icon said:

TN / Florida is $250...

TAMU / MSU tickets are available for $40, and that game's in two days. No wonder nobody takes SEC schools seriously.
That's not surprising... we're talking about Starkville there. :whistle:

Even Crappy Tennessee vs Ole Miss in Oxford is fetching $150-200+ in a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread