What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Sad to see Parma get dissolved.

This is a team that started Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Veron, and Crespo in 1999. Quite a fall from grace.
According to Parma youth team coach Hernan Crespo, the situation has gotten so bad at the once proud club that they can't even afford bottles of water during training sessions.

While no official confirmation has yet been given, it is understood that all of Parma's remaining games this year will be recorded as 3-0 losses.

United - oof. It's scary how similar some of these games look like last year. Lots of possession but no cutting edge. And the defense loses focus and a deflection and there you go. Honestly, I'd be shocked if they make top 4 at this point. Unlike others I don't see that as being a huge deal but LvG needs to get the side playing better and quick.

I'm sure it got posted earlier...

but re, Mario and the Hendersons PK.... Rogers said that Mario is their #2 behind Gerrard. So the second he stepped onto the field- even though Henderson in their absence was the #1- Mario became the defacto PK taker. story over.

Sad to see Parma get dissolved.

This is a team that started Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Veron, and Crespo in 1999. Quite a fall from grace.
According to Parma youth team coach Hernan Crespo, the situation has gotten so bad at the once proud club that they can't even afford bottles of water during training sessions.

While no official confirmation has yet been given, it is understood that all of Parma's remaining games this year will be recorded as 3-0 losses.
I have completely missed this story... terrible.

but re, Mario and the Hendersons PK.... Rogers said that Mario is their #2 behind Gerrard. So the second he stepped onto the field- even though Henderson in their absence was the #1- Mario became the defacto PK taker. story over.
I thought I saw an article where Rodgers blasted Mario for the PK. I think Mario should have taken the kick. Henderson hasn't shown the ability to hit penalty kicks at all. So why would he kick a huge kick when Mario is 28/30 in his career?

El Floppo said:

:like:

Sturidge caused more problems than anything. Seemed like Hendo and Mario had it sorted pretty quickly

The Gator said:
Sinn Fein said:
Brutal tackle on Matic...shame about the red card :whistle:
Better reaction-https://vine.co/v/OQhh17a5zPB
Don't know how guys get away with tackles like that. Matic had the right idea, just needed to bide his time better.

ETA: ditto that for the Stockport player. Pretty much had it coming.
Veratti had a few on Tuesday against Hazard that were much worse. Perhaps the fact that was a bigger game on a bigger stage is what kept the Chelsea Serbs under control.

Wow...I'd be miserable if I were a Southampton fan. The 2nd was an open and shut PK and Coutinho's bomb was ridiculous.

ETA: Mignolet's save on the non-PK was outstanding too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad News Bears stuff on the second goal.

Great run by Liverpool to get back in the CL race. Rodger's with some great work blending all the new pieces after a rough start.

Would the stadium have exploded if the referee blew the match whistle right after Kane's PK went off the goalie and before he put in the rebound?

Would the stadium have exploded if the referee blew the match whistle right after Kane's PK went off the goalie and before he put in the rebound?
West Ham supporters are calling for an FA investigation as to why the game was allowed to continue...
Is there a history for that? I'd have to think it's pretty rare for a PK to be given in closing seconds and even more rare for the PK to yield a playable rebound like that.

I honestly can see an argument that the game was over the moment the PK was taken.

West Ham Supporters:

Nice to see England's new hope is a cheating b*stard.
____
Never a penalty, there shouldn't have been enough time for the ball to be back in play after the save.

Every time we play them they score in 90 something minute.... Livid doesn't even come close
_________-
it was a penalty every day of the week and twice on a Sunday - Song clipped his heels from behind like a #### and Kane fell over. 100% a penalty.
_______
Never a penalty in a million ****ing years. Look at Kane's completely unnatural left leg movement. Very very very poor from the officials.
Never a penalty in a million years. These ***** need pure luck and a cheating **** of a future England forward to get anything from us these days. They should be ****ing embarrassed and ashamed of that. They got a draw at home vs a vastly superior team so they will be over the moon with that. I've seen the final whistle blown straight after a cornerstone been taken so not sure how They get to follow up a ****ed up penalty WELL after the games finished. JOKE...

He halts his movement and waits for the contact, refs fallen for it cause he's a ####nut.
____
We bossed that game from the 15th minute on and I feel sickened. I want to kick something

I don't think anyone's really got the moral high ground when it comes to this stuff.
If your point is that every group of thousands of fans has drunken idiots who spew hateful stuff, I agree with you. (Equally, there are wonderful fans with every club as well.)

If your point, however, is that every club's fan culture is the same overall and equally tolerates or supports this stuff, I reject that. This is more than a few fans on a subway with Chelsea.
Yeah, claiming Chelsea has just another fan base is like claiming Millwall has just another fan base.
Chelsea had some well known violence issues back 30-40 years ago. The past 15 years the club has regularly featured African and other black player whose names we all know including four of the most prominent Africans ever in Weah, Drogba, Essien and Etoo. There are songs and banners for Drogba, Essien, Cole, maka, Kalou, Mikel just to name a few. The club featured I believe one of the first ever foreign managers in English football, the first ever all-foreign lineup in England in the late 90s and I believe one of the first black managers in England. It has a very prominent Jewish owner, a superstar west African president, a long line of foreign managers and is run by a woman. Does that describe Millwall or ony other club in England today?
"But some of our best friends players are black!"

West Ham Supporters:

Never a penalty in a million years. These ***** need pure luck and a cheating **** of a future England forward to get anything from us these days. They should be ****ing embarrassed and ashamed of that. They got a draw at home vs a vastly superior team so they will be over the moon with that. I've seen the final whistle blown straight after a cornerstone been taken so not sure how They get to follow up a ****ed up penalty WELL after the games finished. JOKE...
OK, they don't like the penalty, but let's not get delusional.

Users who are viewing this thread