What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

krista4 said:
krista4 said:
Hawks64 said:
Tiger Fan said:
This.
Yeah, I have to interrupt my self-imposed ban to say this, too. And I'm sure you'll hear lots of anecdotal stories along these lines, but my nephew had this diagnosed when he was in the womb, and he is today by far the coolest teenager I know (which is a miracle considering my brother's a dickmitten, but that's a different story).

Also TPW to Redmond, though he knows I'm thinking of him and Wife2.0 frequently on this.
When I say I am thinking of Red's wife frequently, I mean she's really hot.
She is really pretty. What's she doing with him?

Hey, you're back! (I hope)

Anybody do quartz countertops? Thoughts good or bad?
Silestone. They look great and the Mrs. is very happy. Have had them for 11 years now with no problems.
We have that as well. Love it besides for some slight chipping on the edges from use. If you're going to get that, get an corner/edge that isn't a 90-degree right angle.
Will probably do bull nose or something. right angles might puncture some little heads (hopefully mine so I can never procreate again).

Silestone. They look great and the Mrs. is very happy. Have had them for 11 years now with no problems.
We have that as well. Love it besides for some slight chipping on the edges from use. If you're going to get that, get an corner/edge that isn't a 90-degree right angle.
Will probably do bull nose or something. right angles might puncture some little heads (hopefully mine so I can never procreate again).
You did say little

Had a nice outing with Doc Gonzo yesterday, who doesn't post here anymore, but is one hell of a cool guy. He and his wife (also a Christina and also from Michigan) are out here on their honeymoon. Thanks for the beers, Doc. Hope you post here again.

belljr said:
I think my father has a death wish. We have tickets for Bama at Auburn this fall but he wants to go wearing Bama gear. Note we are not fans of either
Sure, throw your lot in with the hillbillies.
Which one had the guy who poisoned all the trees? I forget.
The trees are in Auburn, so it was a Bama fan.
Thanks. I always get my hillbillies and my rednecks mixed up.

if I remember correctly we paid a bit extra to get a "double ogee edge". I'll have to look it up to be sure. At any rate not a single crack or chip, and no stains or burns, though Mrs. DW sets hot stuff on it frequently.

krista4 said:
krista4 said:
Hawks64 said:
Tiger Fan said:
This.
Yeah, I have to interrupt my self-imposed ban to say this, too. And I'm sure you'll hear lots of anecdotal stories along these lines, but my nephew had this diagnosed when he was in the womb, and he is today by far the coolest teenager I know (which is a miracle considering my brother's a dickmitten, but that's a different story).

Also TPW to Redmond, though he knows I'm thinking of him and Wife2.0 frequently on this.

Because he can part the hair on his head with his own tongue.

if I remember correctly we paid a bit extra to get a "double ogee edge". I'll have to look it up to be sure. At any rate not a single crack or chip, and no stains or burns, though Mrs. DW sets hot stuff on it frequently.
Cool. We found a green color we like (wife likes) and will go this route. Countertops + stainless steel sink (install and all) = $3,660. Not too too bad. Cabinets another $3,900.

Keep in mind Home Depot wanted to resurface/reface our existing cabinets, put in quartz countertops and a back splash for $23,000. :lmao:

Like this?

krista4 said:
krista4 said:
Hawks64 said:
Tiger Fan said:
This.

Ummmmmm.....well, I dunno so much about the hair part, but perhaps he can tip his cap with it or hit a golf ball with his wang.

krista4 said:
krista4 said:
Hawks64 said:
Tiger Fan said:
This.

Ummmmmm.....well, I dunno so much about the hair part, but perhaps he can tip his cap with it or hit a golf ball with his wang.
:angry:

krista4 said:
krista4 said:
Hawks64 said:
Tiger Fan said:
This.

Sorry we insinuated you have a large penis or a magical tongue because your wife is pretty, man.

krista4 said:
krista4 said:
Hawks64 said:
Tiger Fan said:
This.

Sorry we insinuated you have a large penis or a magical tongue because your wife is pretty, man.
I am more upset that you are implying I don't have a head of hair that George Clooney would envy.

Correction, bullnose in the kitchen and double ogee edge in the bathroom. We went with a brown in the kitchen and a blue in the bathroom, both fairly dark. We were told the product is unlikely to show stains or burns, and even more unlikely in deep colors. In addition to hot pans in the kitchen Mrs. DW sets down hot curling irons in the bathroom and we have had no problems.

As for cabinets, we went with a resurfacing, re-staining in the kitchen which save a few grand. In the bathroom I did a tear out and purchased going out of stock vanities from some warehouse. I had to transport and to install. Easy enough given the clearance of my doorframes. They were preassembled so that was crucial to have adequate clearance. All my sinks and hardware came from a buddy who is in plumbing supplies. I did some legal work for him, and he got me what I needed and he occasionally lets me hug his hot young wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. We found a green color we like (wife likes) and will go this route. Countertops + stainless steel sink (install and all) = $3,660. Not too too bad. Cabinets another $3,900.

Keep in mind Home Depot wanted to resurface/reface our existing cabinets, put in quartz countertops and a back splash for $23,000. :lmao:
we almost went with quartz and was around the same price. We found a nice granite we liked. So far so good

Users who are viewing this thread