What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Common fantasy league formats that you find silly (1 Viewer)

I swear we do this every year. Someone starts a thread like this and everyone chimes in on their hatred of 2 QB leagues. You guys really should give it a chance. I can't stand 1 QB leagues because of how devalued QBs are (10/12 team leagues).

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
I swear we do this every year. Someone starts a thread like this and everyone chimes in on their hatred of 2 QB leagues. You guys really should give it a chance. I can't stand 1 QB leagues because of how devalued QBs are (10/12 team leagues).
They don't bother me that much, just prefer only having one.

I don't like Team D, but I think even worse is Team D that penalizes for points given up but rewards for kick return yardage. The two stats are often conflicting... give up a lot of scores you get opportunities to return kickoffs. It pointlessly makes the position more random.

Better to separate returns from defense as positions if you're going to do go with team units for positions.

I've never found that verisimilitude was an important factor in my enjoyment of a league. :shrug:

The only leagues I find sort of silly are dynasties, but then only with respect to the gambling aspect.

With any set of rules, you ought to at least have the chance that your football prognostication skills can give you a competitive advantage.

With dynasties, there are just too many levels of abstraction between you and reliable strategic advantage. You have to gamble that not only can you come up with a successful multi-year strategy, but that your opponents, despite your proven long-term success, will continue to find reasons to flounder for your profit.

I've had too many dynasties turn into emergency redrafts when replacement owners will only commit if they aren't stuck with a dog #### abandoned team. If you take a long-term view, and that happens, you're screwed. But then, if you play to win now, and that doesn't happen, you're just as hosed. And trying to split the difference is a good way to remain a perpetual also-ran.

I'll do TD only leagues, because even though they're super unpredictable, at least they're rational. I'm not interested in gambling on the whims of other owners, though.

Not like there's no synonyms...color, credibility, genuineness, likeliness, likeness, plausibility, realism, resemblance, semblance, show, similarity, virtual reality

msudaisy26 said:
Hawkeye21 said:
ffinmyblood said:
2 QB leagues....will NEVER EVER play in one..QB is the most important spot on the field, why devalue it by starting two?? The way FF is scored now...1 pt for 10 yards?? Really?? 10 points for 100yds?? Worth more than a TD?? Pretty sure in the NFL TD's are what get the points, not yards. I could see something like 1 for every 25 or 30 or something, but no way, no how should any amount of yards EVER be worth more than a TD.

Negative points for fumbles or INT's. This might be one of the dumbest concepts of all time.

Auction "drafts"....NO NO NO. Most of the fun is drafting your team. If i can just "buy" a player, that doesn't seem fun at all. I want to be able to maneuver around the draft via trades, hit on that "sleeper" that most didn't know about..move up from 1.11 or 1.16, or move down. You have to work the draft, that's what it's all about.

Anything less than 6 points for a passing TD....whoever came up with the idea of moving it to "4" or "5" points for a passing TD ruined the game...plain and simple. You say it's to "even" out the positions?? The QB is the most important position in real football AND fantasy football. he dominates the ball..Don't have a good/great one, then the rest of your team better be incredibly solid to overcome it. That's just the way it is.

And last but not least...the outrageous scores you can get in most leagues now days. Over 100 points?? 75 points?? Really?? How does that mimic the NFL at all?? That's ludicrous! In my league, 35-40 and you have a good shot to win, and that's with individual defensive players. It's hard to mimic the NFL as far as lineups etc go, but the points damn well should!
Wow. You have one of the most inaccurate perceptions on everything you just talked about. I don't really care for 2 QB leagues but the whole point of it is to make the QB position the most valuable.

Saying yards have been more important that TDs for QBs also makes no sense. The QB position has to put up more yards than any other position to get to 10.

The most ludicrous statement you make in your entire post was about auctions. I can only assume that you have never done one before. I,m pretty sure it's a well known fact that there is a great deal more strategy that goes into drafting in an auction

As for your point system, it sounds super boring.
His problem is wanting fantasy football to be like real football and it just isn't. The only thing they share is the fact we use stats from one to play the other.
I'm in a league like this. The problem is your success is largely dependent on how many FGs your kicker gets.

I find team defense to be total crap.
I'm not a huge fan of it either. Yet I always see people taking a def starting in the 9th round. So dumb.

It always upset me that my def score would be affected by the offense giving up a pick six or a fumble recovery for a TD.

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points
I could not agree more. In fact--I'd actually like to expand upon this. Any field goal in fantasy should be worth 3 pts and every point after 1 point. I to this day do not understand why many leagues find it necessary to grant more points for longer field goals. Maybe it was designed to lower the probability of ties in fantasy leagues--but I find it absurd.

I'm not a huge fan of it either. Yet I always see people taking a def starting in the 9th round. So dumb.

It always upset me that my def score would be affected by the offense giving up a pick six or a fumble recovery for a TD.
I played in a league with team defense a few years ago. I owned the Steelers defense/special teams. My opponent started Ben Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown. My opponent lost no points on the play. I lost seven or something. Neither the Steelers defense nor special teams was involved in the play!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points
I could not agree more. In fact--I'd actually like to expand upon this. Any field goal in fantasy should be worth 3 pts and every point after 1 point. I to this day do not understand why many leagues find it necessary to grant more points for longer field goals. Maybe it was designed to lower the probability of ties in fantasy leagues--but I find it absurd.
no more absurd than giving points to offensive players for yardage. That's pretty much all it is.

I played in a league with team defense a few years ago. I owned the Steelers defense/special teams. My opponent started Ben Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown. My opponent lost no points on the play. I lost seven or something. Neither the Steelers defense nor special teams was involved in the play!
Not giving negative points for turnovers is silly.

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points
no more absurd than giving points to offensive players for yardage. That's pretty much all it is.
It is more absurd. The end result of a field goal is always three points or zero points. Yardage by offensive players can result in outcomes that are not pre-determined--sometimes the yardage can contribute to a td, sometimes it can result in putting somebody within field goal range--sometimes yardage can result in 0 points..etc. However--for the most part more yardage will generally result in more opportunity for more points--which is a good thing. There is no mathematical point benefit to a kicker making a 30 yard field goal versus a 40 yard one. A field goal kicker with longer range should have more opportunities to kick field goals as their team doesn't need to travel as far to get in their range--but that shouldn't mean that they should get more points for each field goal in a fantasy league.

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points
It is more absurd. The end result of a field goal is always three points or zero points. Yardage by offensive players can result in outcomes that are not pre-determined--sometimes the yardage can contribute to a td, sometimes it can result in putting somebody within field goal range--sometimes yardage can result in 0 points..etc. However--for the most part more yardage will generally result in more opportunity for more points--which is a good thing. There is no mathematical point benefit to a kicker making a 30 yard field goal versus a 40 yard one. A field goal kicker with longer range should have more opportunities to kick field goals as their team doesn't need to travel as far to get in their range--but that shouldn't mean that they should get more points for each field goal in a fantasy league.
Sure it should. a kicker with longer range is more valuable to his team. If a league doesn't use kickers, I get that. I don't get the angst for giving an extra point for a longer kick.

Either go TD/FG only or be consistent in awarding points for yardage.

Personally I'd like to try a league that awards a point for a first down, 3 for a field goal and 6 for a touchdown. No points for yardage.

My league gives extra points for longer FGs and I don't mind it. If your\'re going to have kickers in a league at least make the scoring matter for them. Otherwise there isn't a whole lot to separate them all other than being on a team that scores a lot.

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points
Sure it should. a kicker with longer range is more valuable to his team. If a league doesn't use kickers, I get that. I don't get the angst for giving an extra point for a longer kick.

Personally I'd like to try a league that awards a point for a first down, 3 for a field goal and 6 for a touchdown. No points for yardage.
So your argument is that a kicker should get more points for a longer field goal solely because it makes them "more valuable" to their NFL team? Does that mean that you also support fantasy leagues where QB's performances and play represents 50-70% of your fantasy teams points or success--because--thats the reality in the NFL. I highly doubt it. Do you think NBA fantasy leagues should give more points for fadeaway long two point jump shots than they should a layup? According to your logic--they should.

PPR sucks and it is everywhere now. Adjust the starting lineup size to make different positions equal to each other.

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points

So your argument is that a kicker should get more points for a longer field goal solely because it makes them "more valuable" to their NFL team? Does that mean that you also support fantasy leagues where QB's performances and play represents 50-70% of your fantasy teams points or success--because--thats the reality in the NFL. I highly doubt it. Do you think NBA fantasy leagues should give more points for fadeaway long two point jump shots than they should a layup? According to your logic--they should.
It's not just that they're more valuable.

it's simply the same logic as to why most leagues award points for yardage to any player.

PPR sucks and it is everywhere now. Adjust the starting lineup size to make different positions equal to each other.
PPR is a matter of preference to me but I do agree that adjusting the lineups is what makes players valuable (or not valuable).

All the flex lineups has hurt trading in most of my leagues. No one has a need to trade anymore because it's too easy to find lineup options on their own roster

I think you'll be outnumbered here on PPR. I myself prefer it. You may want to prepare for an explanation as to why you think it sucks.

PPR is a matter of preference to me but I do agree that adjusting the lineups is what makes players valuable (or not valuable).

All the flex lineups has hurt trading in most of my leagues. No one has a need to trade anymore because it's too easy to find lineup options on their own roster
True.

Imo flex helps owners create teams using different strategies. But it can hurt trading. It's just a question of which you prefer.

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points

It's not just that they're more valuable.

it's simply the same logic as to why most leagues award points for yardage to any player.
It's not the same logic. Your argument is circular. More yardage results in more possibilities to score points--whether it is td's, field goals--etc. A field goal in football is worth three points--that's established. A field goal in basketball is worth two points--and a three point field goal is worth three points. In fantasy basketball--there is no differentiating a layup from a 21 foot jumpshot (nor is there a differentiation between a 25 foot 3-pt shot versus a 75 foot 3-pt shot)--and there should be no differentiating an act in football where the result for success is 3 points. Yardage for offensive players gets counted in fantasy football because of the positive impact that it has. Not awarding points for yardage would indicate that any drive not resulting in real points is as desirable as a three and out. Yardage is worth something in real football--and its up the scoring system of your league that you choose to play in to decide how valuable you want it to be. However--with field goals--they are either worth three points or zero points---that has been established. I find it shocking that there are leagues that find it appropriate to award a qb throwing a 5 yard td pass the same amount of points that a kicker would get hitting a 40-45 yard field goal--when the NFL values the td as being worth double that. In any case--if you like awarding extra points for field goal yardage--more power to you--its your opinion. In my opinion it is a horribly flawed scoring system.

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points

It's not just that they're more valuable.it's simply the same logic as to why most leagues award points for yardage to any player.
It's not the same logic. Your argument is circular. More yardage results in more possibilities to score points--whether it is td's, field goals--etc. A field goal in football is worth three points--that's established. A field goal in basketball is worth two points--and a three point field goal is worth three points. In fantasy basketball--there is no differentiating a layup from a 21 foot jumpshot (nor is there a differentiation between a 25 foot 3-pt shot versus a 75 foot 3-pt shot)--and there should be no differentiating an act in football where the result for success is 3 points. Yardage for offensive players gets counted in fantasy football because of the positive impact that it has. Not awarding points for yardage would indicate that any drive not resulting in real points is as desirable as a three and out. Yardage is worth something in real football--and its up the scoring system of your league that you choose to play in to decide how valuable you want it to be. However--with field goals--they are either worth three points or zero points---that has been established. I find it shocking that there are leagues that find it appropriate to award a qb throwing a 5 yard td pass the same amount of points that a kicker would get hitting a 40-45 yard field goal--when the NFL values the td as being worth double that. In any case--if you like awarding extra points for field goal yardage--more power to you--its your opinion. In my opinion it is a horribly flawed scoring system.
While this has been interesting, we'll agree to disagree. You're giving credit for the "positive impact" of a 10 yard run while completely ignoring the positive impact a kicker can have due to a longer range.

The opinion that a FG should be worth 3 points no matter what is fine, but I'm shocked that you're shocked that others would view it differently.

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points

It's not just that they're more valuable.it's simply the same logic as to why most leagues award points for yardage to any player.
While this has been interesting, we'll agree to disagree. You're giving credit for the "positive impact" of a 10 yard run while completely ignoring the positive impact a kicker can have due to a longer range. The opinion that a FG should be worth 3 points no matter what is fine, but I'm shocked that you're shocked that others would view it differently.
It certainly has been interesting--but you are missing the point that the impact of a longer range field goal is still a net of 3 points. The net of 30 rushing yards versus 60 rushing yards--could be the difference of flipping a field twice instead of once--it could be the difference between a drive ending in a 6pt touchdown versus ending in a 3 point field goal. Positive yardage has an impact on the game even when it doesn't result in points. A field goal nets three points or no points. If a league were to grant massive points for long field goals--do most grant massive penalties if they miss those field goals? The impact is huge--giving the other team the ball back with great field position. In fact--a missed field goal in essence is worse than a turnover--but most leagues don't penalize missed field goals very harshly. In your leagues where they give longer field goals bonus points--do you find that they penalize the kickers if their kicks get blocked? I'm guessing not. Field goal kickers get the biggest pass in fantasy sports. A field goal has a maximum effect of 3 points on a game regardless of how many yards it is from. There is no way to exactly quantify the maximum effect that positive offensive yardage results in. I'm not sure how that doesn't make sense. Some leagues value yardage differently--some give 1 point for every ten yards--some 1 pt for every 20 or 25---but regardless--the key is that more yardage generally equates to more positive outcomes in football on the offensive side. Even the longest field goal in NFL history was still only worth 3 points. If a guy has more range--then he should have more opportunities to kick field goals. It's absurd to value a 50 yard field goal almost twice as much as a 30 yard field goal. I understand that fantasy players like to create systems where points fly all over the place--so I'm not shocked by it--but let's call a spade a spade--it's an absurd scoring system. In any case---it's really cool to actually have opposing views and still be civil. It seems like the Shark Pool has turned into a forum where an opposing point of view has to contains d-bag and snarky behavior. I certainly appreciate your point of view.

I get your point, you've said it a few times. I'm just saying the logic of "a FG is worth 3 points" omits the fact that unless you score a TD, yards are worth zero.

If it helps, consider that if a running back scores a 70 yard td, that play is still only worth 6 points. Yet we give him 13 or so.

Or consider instead of the longer FG being worth extra points, We're just giving the kicker credit for the yardage the ball travels after he kicks it - with the caveat that if he misses, he doesn't get those points.

Calling it an "absurd" system insults those of us who prefer it.

I'm not sure why a kicker that can make 50 yard FGs regularly wouldn't deserve any extra points. The argument being made seems to be a poor one in my opinion.

:goodposting: Amazing so many leagues have gone this route, always to their detriment IMO. In Zealots leagues, for example, you can now start as many as four (!) TE and as few as two WR. It was MUCH better back when you had to start three WR minimum every week and could only start one TE. There would always be a flurry of trade activity when the bye weeks came, as teams scrambled to find a decent WR3 for their lineup. The added flexibility has only further diminished the value of WRs and enhanced the already inflated value of RBs. Trading, predictably, is way down as owners know they can just cycle in tight ends throughout the bye weeks. On the positive side, Zealots starting lineups do demand eight IDPs each week, and that's the minimum number of IDPs I'd need to have in a league before I joined it.

:goodposting: Amazing so many leagues have gone this route, always to their detriment IMO. In Zealots leagues, for example, you can now start as many as four (!) TE and as few as two WR. It was MUCH better back when you had to start three WR minimum every week and could only start one TE. There would always be a flurry of trade activity when the bye weeks came, as teams scrambled to find a decent WR3 for their lineup. The added flexibility has only further diminished the value of WRs and enhanced the already inflated value of RBs. Trading, predictably, is way down as owners know they can just cycle in tight ends throughout the bye weeks. On the positive side, Zealots starting lineups do demand eight IDPs each week, and that's the minimum number of IDPs I'd need to have in a league before I joined it.
Zealots seems to have gone overboard but I very much prefer the option of starting two (or more) TE.why allow or mandate 2 RB but limit it to one TE? Made sense a decade ago as TEs who consistently scored points were rare.

but then we still use 1TE in the mocks here.

A lot of what others have already mentioned:

PPR- A catch it meaningless without the yards that go with it, and you're already rewarding for the yards.

Kickers

Keeper leagues - either go redraft or full dynasty. Keeper leagues are the cassette tapes of the FF world.

Insanely complex leagues (ex:32 tm dynasty with cap and contracts, .5/1/1.5 PPR, 17 flex spots, superflex, full IDP, taxi squad, IR spots, devy, etc)

Dynasty leagues with small rosters-how do you wait on anyone buried on a depth chart when you only have 20 roster spots?

2QB in leagues of 12 or more teams. I don't want to have to worry about taking a zero b/c my QB got hurt or I hit a bye week.

IDP - not "silly", but who has the time?

HTH playoff tiebreaker - Reward the team that has scored the most points instead of schedule luck.

FCFS waivers

PPR- A catch it meaningless without the yards that go with it, and you're already rewarding for the yards.

Kickers

Keeper leagues - either go redraft or full dynasty. Keeper leagues are the cassette tapes of the FF world.

Insanely complex leagues (ex:32 tm dynasty with cap and contracts, .5/1/1.5 PPR, 17 flex spots, superflex, full IDP, taxi squad, IR spots, devy, etc)

Dynasty leagues with small rosters-how do you wait on anyone buried on a depth chart when you only have 20 roster spots?

2QB in leagues of 12 or more teams. I don't want to have to worry about taking a zero b/c my QB got hurt or I hit a bye week.

HTH playoff tiebreaker - Reward the team that has scored the most points instead of schedule luck.

FCFS waivers
We get it, you like vanilla. Which I could understand if 'standard' scoring wasn't worse than Hitler

Jello_Biafra said:
Bonus points

My argument would be that the biggest reason for not liking kickers is their high levels of randomness.

I haven't checked numbers for it, but I suspect sufficient bonus points could benefit strong legged kickers to the point it combats that randomness.

Couple things i forgot from my last post...Do not like 10 or 12 team leagues in any way shape or form. Everyone has "loaded" teams then, and it really works against the people that really know ball and know how to draft. They lose their advantage. Only 14 or 16 team leagues for me, preferably 16, Talent spread more thin, means you have to have good depth which mean you have to know how to draft. Also not a fan of PPR or yardage to be honest. Points are awarded in the NFL for TD's, not yardage, correct?? I guess I dont have an issue with something tame, like 3 points for 100 etc etc, but this 1 point for 10 yards rush/receiving...when is 60 yards EVER worth the same as a TD?? When has an NFL game ever ended 125-120 like a lot of Fantasy leagues are now days. Can we PLEASE put as much realism into the game as we possibly can?? The game(FF) was fine back in the day when I first started playing 25 years ago, why did it have to change so much??

Couple things i forgot from my last post...Do not like 10 or 12 team leagues in any way shape or form. Everyone has "loaded" teams then, and it really works against the people that really know ball and know how to draft. They lose their advantage. Only 14 or 16 team leagues for me, preferably 16, Talent spread more thin, means you have to have good depth which mean you have to know how to draft. Also not a fan of PPR or yardage to be honest. Points are awarded in the NFL for TD's, not yardage, correct?? I guess I dont have an issue with something tame, like 3 points for 100 etc etc, but this 1 point for 10 yards rush/receiving...when is 60 yards EVER worth the same as a TD?? When has an NFL game ever ended 125-120 like a lot of Fantasy leagues are now days. Can we PLEASE put as much realism into the game as we possibly can?? The game(FF) was fine back in the day when I first started playing 25 years ago, why did it have to change so much??
It doesn't have to change. You can still have your same old boring league that you had 25 years ago. There's got to be at least 13 others in the world that enjoy that format still.

It's fantasy football dude. It's not a replica of the sport. If you want something closer then go play some Madden.

Kickers

FCFS waivers
We get it, you like vanilla. Which I could understand if 'standard' scoring wasn't worse than Hitler

I enjoy many formats. Auction/snake draft. Redraft/Dynasty. Flex or no flex. 8-10-12-14 team leagues are all fun for me.

All I ask is that the rules make sense. The way I feel when a 2 yard loss is rewarded as 8 yards of actual production is the way most people feel when someone misuses the word "literally" or says "I could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less". It's nails on a chalkboard annoying.

Kickers

FCFS waivers
. I enjoy many formats. Auction/snake draft. Redraft/Dynasty. Flex or no flex. 8-10-12-14 team leagues are all fun for me.

All I ask is that the rules make sense. The way I feel when a 2 yard loss is rewarded as 8 yards of actual production is the way most people feel when someone misuses the word "literally" or says "I could care less" when they mean "couldn't care less". It's nails on a chalkboard annoying.
But how does it feel knowing that if you don't get a top 5 pick in a standard scoring snake draft you just lose? It's literally draft the best RB and win, the format.

It's tolerable in an auction but still pretty bad.

I think you'll be outnumbered here on PPR. I myself prefer it. You may want to prepare for an explanation as to why you think it sucks.
I'm definitely outnumbered. It's the most popular format now. I just don't see the value added at all.
You aren't alone, but we are badly out-numbered and I don't understand why at all. The arguments against PPR make themselves.

10 catches for 0 yards being worth the same number of fantasy points as 10 rushes for 100 yards is simply ridiculous. Teams win by moving the ball and getting 1st downs. A catch has no inherent value to a team's success in and of itself. Yardage is what matters.

The goal for me in scoring is fairly simple. Rule #1, make the relationship between good NFL football players and good fantasy football players as strong as possible - especially within a position group. Rule #2, make it fairly easy to score, and fun to play. PPR fits #2 fine, but fails #1 miserably, particularly with RBs.

I'm definitely outnumbered. It's the most popular format now. I just don't see the value added at all.
You aren't alone, but we are badly out-numbered and I don't understand why at all. The arguments against PPR make themselves.10 catches for 0 yards being worth the same number of fantasy points as 10 rushes for 100 yards is simply ridiculous. Teams win by moving the ball and getting 1st downs. A catch has no inherent value to a team's success in and of itself. Yardage is what matters.

The goal for me in scoring is fairly simple. Rule #1, make the relationship between good NFL football players and good fantasy football players as strong as possible - especially within a position group. Rule #2, make it fairly easy to score, and fun to play. PPR fits #2 fine, but fails #1 miserably, particularly with RBs.
Show me an example of 10 catches for 0 yards. Even if it ever happened, using that nonsense as an argument as if it's a regular occurrence is silly.

You aren't alone, but we are badly out-numbered and I don't understand why at all. The arguments against PPR make themselves.10 catches for 0 yards being worth the same number of fantasy points as 10 rushes for 100 yards is simply ridiculous. Teams win by moving the ball and getting 1st downs. A catch has no inherent value to a team's success in and of itself. Yardage is what matters.

Show me an example of 10 catches for 0 yards. Even if it ever happened, using that nonsense as an argument as if it's a regular occurrence is silly.
I agree that ppr is lame.

Make it 10 catches for 100 yards, then.

It makes no sense for that to be worth 20 points, if a RB rushing for 100 yards is only worth 10 points.

I agree that ppr is lame.

Make it 10 catches for 100 yards, then.

It makes no sense for that to be worth 20 points, if a RB rushing for 100 yards is only worth 10 points.
I mean if were gonna put dumb qualifiers on PPR, might as well play babies first ppr league that all the standard curmudgeons fanatically defend.

Point per positive yardage catch and point per first down catch. Both of which, are still infinitely better than 'standard'.

ffinmyblood said:
2 QB leagues....will NEVER EVER play in one..QB is the most important spot on the field, why devalue it by starting two?? The way FF is scored now...1 pt for 10 yards?? Really?? 10 points for 100yds?? Worth more than a TD?? Pretty sure in the NFL TD's are what get the points, not yards. I could see something like 1 for every 25 or 30 or something, but no way, no how should any amount of yards EVER be worth more than a TD.

Negative points for fumbles or INT's. This might be one of the dumbest concepts of all time.

Auction "drafts"....NO NO NO. Most of the fun is drafting your team. If i can just "buy" a player, that doesn't seem fun at all. I want to be able to maneuver around the draft via trades, hit on that "sleeper" that most didn't know about..move up from 1.11 or 1.16, or move down. You have to work the draft, that's what it's all about.

Anything less than 6 points for a passing TD....whoever came up with the idea of moving it to "4" or "5" points for a passing TD ruined the game...plain and simple. You say it's to "even" out the positions?? The QB is the most important position in real football AND fantasy football. he dominates the ball..Don't have a good/great one, then the rest of your team better be incredibly solid to overcome it. That's just the way it is.

And last but not least...the outrageous scores you can get in most leagues now days. Over 100 points?? 75 points?? Really?? How does that mimic the NFL at all?? That's ludicrous! In my league, 35-40 and you have a good shot to win, and that's with individual defensive players. It's hard to mimic the NFL as far as lineups etc go, but the points damn well should!
Ima go out on a limb and say you have issues.

Agree that PPR is totally artificial, but the problem is that without it, RBs are pretty much all that matters. Anyone else remember 1/2/2 standard no flex leagues? People would just draft RB / RB / RB / RB / RB... they were all that mattered.

Users who are viewing this thread