What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###? (1 Viewer)

Would Ronda Rousey kick your ###?

• No way, wouldn't even be close. She would be on life support rather quickly.

Votes: 17 3.7%
  • No. She would last a bit with me, get in a few good punches but she would lose.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • It would be close. Probably a lot of grappling and it would go to a judges decision.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Yes, she would beat me but I would give her a pretty good fight for a couple RD before I submit to s

Votes: 40 8.6%
  • Yes, she would beat the living crap out of me.

Votes: 382 82.2%

• Total voters
Horse if you like. Even in pickup basketball games at the park or rec center there are plenty of guys who are better shooters then LeBron. Doesn't make them NBA players just better shooters.
A great shooter is defined based on the defensive capabilities he faces imo, unless you are talking only about foul shooting. Other than that, a horse like setting is as meaningless to basketball as a QB throwing to a receiver with no defense against him is in football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horse if you like. Even in pickup basketball games at the park or rec center there are plenty of guys who are better shooters then LeBron. Doesn't make them NBA players just better shooters.
A great shooter is defined based on the defensive capabilities he faces imo, unless you are talking only about foul shooting. Other than that, a horse like setting is as meaningless to basketball as a QB throwing to a receiver with no defense against him is in football.
So now the bar of good shooters is in a NBA game setting?

You guys talk like someone with BJJ is absolutely unstoppable in all circumstances by anyone who has no formal BJJ training. Two people get into a fight...obviously training and skill play a huge role but its still one person's physical abilities vs the other. To our knowledge, Mayweather is not formally trained in BJJ, take-down defense, etc but it does not mean he cant see someone going for his legs and move quickly to avoid. He may look very unorthodox in the process, but I think he'd be more slippery than folks are giving him credit for. I don't think its as easy as saying it would be over as soon as it went to the ground. And I think its also a mistake to think an MMA guy walks right through his punches to get close to him. My $0.02
Yeah, thats pretty wrong. A world class BJJ fighter would absolutely have their way with once it hits the ground vs someone who isn't trained in some form of grappling.If you want to argue that she wouldn't be able to take Mayweather down before he KO's her, fine. But on the ground, it doesn't last more than 10 seconds.
:goodposting: We aren't talking about "someone with BJJ" here. We're talking about an Olympic medalist grappler. Rousey is as good a judoka as Floyd is a boxer -- in Rousey's world, she owns him. And vice versa, of course.
That's crazy talk.She was a bronze medalist, so at least 2 people were considered better than her. Floyd's one of the greatest boxers of all time. Her mma career isn't at its end yet. Floyd is undefeated with only a few fights left in him.
Crazy talk? Rousey medaled at 21 -- had she continued on competing in judo I'm guessing she had a decent shot at gold in 2012 or 2016. She's currently in her athletic prime at 28. Floyd is great, no doubt, but he's 38 -- not in his prime any more.Lot of people discounting just how good you have to be at something to be an Olympian.
Or 48-0 in fights against other men.
48-0 in boxing matches. Not really fights even though they refer to them as fights on TV.
Agreed, we can call it sorority pillow fight for the purpose of this discussion.

I don't understand the argument. Many people are better shooters than Lebron, but those players don't play in the NBA? someone is trying to say that a local guy shooting baskets is a better shooter with no one guarding him than Lebron? Well, that maybe the case, but I don't know of a game where someone gets to shoot without a defender unless the game is horse. I don't think Lebron has honed his skill set for horse. :lol:

Like I said, how well does Lebron shot when no one is defending him? Im guessing 70%+. Go to an NBA game early once and watch the warmups. They can shoot for ten minutes without missing.

I don't understand the argument. Many people are better shooters than Lebron, but those players don't play in the NBA? someone is trying to say that a local guy shooting baskets is a better shooter with no one guarding him than Lebron? Well, that maybe the case, but I don't know of a game where someone gets to shoot without a defender unless the game is horse. I don't think Lebron has honed his skill set for horse. :lol:
Come on you played basketball. You know there are guys who can shoot lights out in pickup games with guys guarding them. Doesn't make them NBA players but they can shoot.

Like I said, how well does Lebron shot when no one is defending him? Im guessing 70%+. Go to an NBA game early once and watch the warmups. They can shoot for ten minutes without missing.
That's what I have been saying. Lot of people can do that.

:lmao:

Any of us chumps meets Lebron on a court and he buries us shooting from anywhere. That is the case for 99.9% of the pickup basketball players in the world.

Any of us chumps meets Lebron on a court and he buries us shooting from anywhere. That is the case for 99.9% of the pickup basketball players in the world.
In a straight up shooting contest from spots on the court no D, I know girls who could beat Lebron

I can only speculate how many jumpers Lebron takes a year between practice and games. For the sake of this argument, we can call it 50 a day = 18,250. I'm fairly confident while standing around on court shooting uncontested jumpers he could easily sink 10 3's in a row. He prob averages somewhere between 50-75% from 3 uncontested while practicing (probably on the higher end of the range)... I doubt many people who aren't top talents could do that.

I don't know the answer, but I remember watching Tim Hardaway shoot around from the 3 point line before a game and drain like 90% of those things. He was regularly making ~15 in a row. Yet in actual games, he was a 35% shooter from 3.

I'm not sure you can learn much about a guy's uncontested jump shot from his play as the focal point in the NBA. A guy shooting 48% in the NBA may be draining 80% in shootarounds.

I don't know the answer, but I remember watching Tim Hardaway shoot around from the 3 point line before a game and drain like 90% of those things. He was regularly making ~15 in a row. Yet in actual games, he was a 35% shooter from 3.

I'm not sure you can learn much about a guy's uncontested jump shot from his play as the focal point in the NBA. A guy shooting 48% in the NBA may be draining 80% in shootarounds.
Tyler Hansbrough knocks them down in practice at a ridiculous clip. He's made 1 (.053%) in his 6890 NBA minutes.

I'm not sure you can learn much about a guy's uncontested jump shot from his play as the focal point in the NBA. A guy shooting 48% in the NBA may be draning 80% in shootarounds.
I have seen high school girls drain basket after basket in shoot arounds. Is not brain surgery it's just shooting a basketball. Not saying LeBron can't shoot just that there are lots of people who are just as good shooting 25 footers as he is that aren't playing in the NBA.

I'm not sure you can learn much about a guy's uncontested jump shot from his play as the focal point in the NBA. A guy shooting 48% in the NBA may be draning 80% in shootarounds.
I have seen high school girls drain basket after basket in shoot arounds. Is not brain surgery it's just shooting a basketball. Not saying LeBron can't shoot just that there are lots of people who are just as good shooting 25 footers as he is that aren't playing in the NBA.
25 footers :lmao:

Tyler Hansbrough knocks them down in practice at a ridiculous clip. He's made 1 (.053%) in his 6890 NBA minutes.
Psycho T would own RR

In a straight up shooting contest from spots on the court no D, I know girls who could beat Lebron
I hope you're fishing.
Not saying they could beat him in a game of 1 on 1. But in a game like "around the world" shooting contest where you shoot 5 shots from 5 different spots on the court I know high school girls who make 20 of 25 shots time and time again. So yes they could beat him

Good point. Lebron definitely can't make 20/25 shots in a game like "around the world".
Didn't say he couldn't. Didn't say they would beat him said they could. Just said there's high school girls who i know who shot around 80% fairly consistency in around the world. If you can do that,then you have a chance of beating anyone even LeBron James.

You guys are the ones saying only about .01% of people can beat NBA players in a shooting contest. Just pointing out I know some high school girls that could give them a run for their money

You guys are the ones saying only about .01% of people can beat NBA players in a shooting contest. Just pointing out I know some high school girls that could give them a run for their money
I get what you are saying even if they don't. I don't know any girls that are that good but there are guys that were better than LeBron at shooting the ball and never played a minute in the NBA. Guys like Jon Diebler would give him a run if not flat out beat him but don't have the talent to play at the NBA level. They are great shooters. One on one he loses everytime to LeBron but as far as pure shooting, he's there.

Why not meet at a catch weight then?
we talked about this in the MMA thread.

The answer was that you can not have a title fight at a catch weight.

The theory was that it would not make any financial sense for the UFC to book a catch weight non title fight even though I think most agree Rousey's frame could easily handle a few extra pounds.

Why not meet at a catch weight then?
we talked about this in the MMA thread.

The answer was that you can not have a title fight at a catch weight.

The theory was that it would not make any financial sense for the UFC to book a catch weight non title fight even though I think most agree Rousey's frame could easily handle a few extra pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread