What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you for or against taking in Syrian refugees? (3 Viewers)

Are you for/against taking in refugees?

• For

Votes: 247 52.0%
  • Against

Votes: 228 48.0%

• Total voters
My faith is restored (somewhat) in humanity as "For" is winning here. Shows once again that the user base here is at least slightly more intelligent than the rest of the nation.

Ironic that the guy GrandpaRox features on his avatar was the most famous refugee in our history. Albert spent much of his time here pleading with the US government to take in more refugees. He would be horrified and disgusted that his photo was being used in connection with a position he would consider to be reprehensible.
On a related note, the attorneys for the Zebra pictured in the Eminence avatar have sent a cease-and-desist letter on his behalf, demanding Eminence remove the picture immediately, as this poor animal is suffering extreme emotional distress having his likeness associated with someone who is so openly racist, sexist and homophobic.

eminance wants to fingerblast that zebra brohans you know it is true take that to the bank

well i am heading out of here so i will have to ruin it more tomorrow take that to the bank mr awesome

My faith is restored (somewhat) in humanity as "For" is winning here. Shows once again that the user base here is at least slightly more intelligent than the rest of the nation.
Intelligent? Compassionate at best, but reckless is most accurate.

although I think the 80/20 rule is at play here.

Ironic that the guy GrandpaRox features on his avatar was the most famous refugee in our history. Albert spent much of his time here pleading with the US government to take in more refugees. He would be horrified and disgusted that his photo was being used in connection with a position he would consider to be reprehensible.
Man, history might have been way different if the US had turned away all German refugees for fear of possible Nazi saboteurs.

Not a yes or no question for me.

In general, absolutely we should accept refugees.

As we do, we need to screen them to make sure we are not accepting in people who would seek to do us harm. Even the best of the best vetting programs in ideal conditions will fail. Look at people like Nidal Hasan (Ft Hood shooter- US Army), Bradley Manning (Wikileaks- US Army), and Edward Snowden (Intelligence leaked- NSA) to name a few high profile. A vetting program for Syrian refugees has no data bases that would provide much needed data other than if the person already is on the CIA or FBI radars and we can not interview or investigate in the war torn area. The vetting process is flawed to begin with. Officials in the Obama Administration have given various warnings before all of this saying as much. We already have cases of arrests made in the US accused of plots in the name of Daesh and or other jihadist movements. So, the idea that refugees may pose a threat is not an unthinkable occurrence. So, how many can we properly screen? Not many I would think.

I also have issue with having read reports that Iraqi Christians have been denied visas. I am at a loss to explain that. The people that at most under threat and they are not allowed to come in under this administration? It does not add up.

I think we do need to accept refugees but not at the expense of common sense. The threat is not made up or imagined. The threat is real. We have to act accordingly.
we cannot actually want to consider one's religion when considering if they can come to this country. That's about as clearly unconstitutional as I can think of.
They have no constitutional rights here. So ya, bottom line is there are a lot of Muslims who wish ill will to this country and its citizens and too bad for those who can't get in here because we do, or at least should, consider that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because there is a precedent of refugees from war-torn countries committing terrorist acts in the US?
To be fair, with RBM, it probably begins and ends with the color of their skin.

i stand by my statement.
I'm sure you do because it makes you feel better about yourself. Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
i stand by my statement.
Being right has a way of doing that to people.

Because there is a precedent of refugees from war-torn countries committing terrorist acts in the US?
That's it....you got me. More pathetic garbage from the biggest jackass on this board.

I've got some dark skin myself. Dark olive to be exact.

i stand by my statement.
Unfamiliar territory to you. In all facets of life I have no doubt.

i stand by my statement.
Unfamiliar territory to you. In all facets of life I have no doubt.
zing?

You don't like his argument so you presume he is racist. Pitiful.

Stalks me constantly. Guy has to be a total loser in life.

There's no presumption. There's a long posting history to justify the opinion that I'm not alone in having.

i stand by my statement.
Knowing you disagree makes me feel better about myself.

That's it....you got me. More pathetic garbage from the biggest jackass on this board.

PAULY D in the house!

i stand by my statement.
Knowing you disagree makes me feel better about myself.
Feel the same.

Eminence is a racist. GrandpaRox is a racist.

I don't believe RBM is s racist; I've seen no evidence of it. Very very few people who posts here are actually racist. RBM is a good guy.

PAULY D in the house!
I'm picturing Rosie O'Donnel when you post. Nailed it?

PAULY D in the house!
I'm picturing Rosie O'Donnel when you post. Nailed it?
Sure?

:lmao: Since it hasn't happened yet, it never will. Is that the logic you are using?

I don't believe RBM is s racist; I've seen no evidence of it. Very very few people who posts here are actually racist. RBM is a good guy.
What is your malfunction? It's been well established that I have many black friends.

I mean, I think you're a know-it-all who knows little but you don't see me calling you an imbecile to everyone.

What is your malfunction? It's been well established that I have many black friends.

I mean, I think you're a know-it-all who knows little but you don't see me calling you an imbecile to everyone.
Pictures of you posing next to some black guys in a bar doesn't mean you really have any black friends. And if you actually had some black friends they would cease to be your friends if you told them what you have stated both in your videos and on this board - that whites are intellectually superior to blacks.

There's no presumption. There's a long posting history to justify the opinion that I'm not alone in having.
Link to something he posted or just your opinion?

How about we airdrop our career criminals into Syria on a 1-1 exchange. We attach $1000 cash to their bodies. If they can make it out of Syria alive, the $ is theirs. Therefore we rid our country of losers swapping them for refugees and it doesn't cost us any more that it would to house our losers at life.

It's important to remember one thing about this issue: it's peripheral. It's being raised by politicians on both sides in part because its easier to discuss than the really important question of what to do about ISIS, which is far more complex. This issue, on the other hand, is much easier for both sides to appeal to their base: Republicans can come off as tough and concerned about security; Democrats can appeal to human rights concerns which are always appealing to progressives.

As I've stated I'm on the progressive side. But whatever we decide to do with regard to these refugees has very little to do with the big issues actually at hand. Again a good analogy is the McCarthy era, in which we wasted a lot of time hunting for Communist spies in the State Department and Hollywood, none of which did anything to help us win the Cold War.

Users who are viewing this thread