What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Dezbelief said:
2016 1st round pick #1 1st overall

For

2016 1st round pick #5 5th overall

2016 1st round pick #12 12th overall

2016 1st round pick #9 9th overall
I like the three picks side, owner probably wasnt to impressed with a player to take them 1.01 so trade back and get a lot of potential in 3 rookies, could make for a very fast rebuild

maf005 said:
-PPR

QB

RB

WR

TE

RB/WR/TE

RB/WR/TE

RB/WR/TE

Team A gives:

Sammy Watkins

Team B gives:

Mark Ingram

2016 1.01 pick
id want to see rosters for this one to really make a decision but i would probably go ingram and the pick, watkins can be amazing but he is in a bad spot, for the next 2 years watkins and ingram will probably be somewhat close as far as production so adding the first overall to that is pretty good

Dezbelief said:

For

I like the three picks side, owner probably wasnt to impressed with a player to take them 1.01 so trade back and get a lot of potential in 3 rookies, could make for a very fast rebuild

maf005 said:
-PPR

QB

RB

WR

TE

RB/WR/TE

RB/WR/TE

RB/WR/TE

Team A gives:

Sammy Watkins

Team B gives:

Mark Ingram

2016 1.01 pick
id want to see rosters for this one to really make a decision but i would probably go ingram and the pick, watkins can be amazing but he is in a bad spot, for the next 2 years watkins and ingram will probably be somewhat close as far as production so adding the first overall to that is pretty good
It helped both rosters quite significantly in my opinion.

Julio

Beckham

Brown

Hopkins

Robinson

Dez

Aj

Cooper

That's eight receivers I doubt anyone argues should be ahead of Watkins.

After that you get into Evans, cooks, Benjamin who have youth and talent and guys like Marshall, Edelman and Jordy who have a few years of high end production compared to a longer career that may or may not take off. Watkins is at best a low end wr1 and imo he's a wr2.

But in that format, ppr start 1 rb 1 we 3 flex, I agree that he's probably worth as much as two quality backs.
You would get an argument from me because I'd take Watkins over Dez, Green and Robinson in a dynasty league.

I'd also change the answer I gave earlier because I did not know it was a one RB start league. In that case I'd take Watkins.

And I'll add I don't own Watkins in a single place, never wanted to pay the price because of that offense. But the way he was used after he publicly complained was fine by me and the way they used him the last 5 weeks of the season would probably make every Watkins owner perfectly happy.

menobrown said:
FreeBaGeL said:
Team M gives Bortles, Stewart, Artis-Payne, 3.09

Team N gives Watkins, Walford and 4.05
This seems really light for Watkins.
Never played in a dual QB league but I imagine if I did I'd still think this was to light for Watkins and if it's a one start QB leagues it's just horrible.
It isn't a superflex or 2 qb league. It is light for Watkins, but in a 2 qb league that would be light for Bortles in my opinion.

menobrown said:
FreeBaGeL said:

Never played in a dual QB league but I imagine if I did I'd still think this was to light for Watkins and if it's a one start QB leagues it's just horrible.
It isn't a superflex or 2 qb league. It is light for Watkins, but in a 2 qb league that would be light for Bortles in my opinion.
If you buy Bortles as a top 5-7QB it probably is light but it'd be close enough either way no one would be shocked

Rhythmdoctor said:
I just made this trade. I'm team A

This is a TE premium league and you can start as many as 3 TEs

Team A will give:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Thomas, Julius JAC TE

To Team B for:

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team C

Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team D

Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team E

Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team B
Picks by a lot. Barnidge and Thomas is pretty much a wash.

Eifert is worth one of those 1sts.

I would give 1.12 for Stafford/Adams combo if I was desperate for a quarterback. after that it is 2 other firsts and a 3rd for free.

menobrown said:
FreeBaGeL said:

If you buy Bortles as a top 5-7QB it probably is light but it'd be close enough either way no one would be shocked
For me it is adding the Carolina backs and pick that makes it light in super flex/2qb league. Those guys don't have a ton of value, but in my eyes you are adding an extra early to mid 2nd and a 3rd

DWest said:
Team A gave

Baldwin

Team B gave

Depends on my team. Contender that needs another receiver for next year on a closing window and is light at receiver I would take Baldwin. If this team is a contender that is young or any of type of team I would gamble on 1.12

Dezbelief said:

For

For this year I like 1.01 right now, if the draft starts to look deeper after I do my research and after the combine I might take the other side.

Julio

Beckham

Brown

Hopkins

Robinson

Dez

Aj

Cooper

After that you get into Evans, cooks, Benjamin who have youth and talent and guys like Marshall, Edelman and Jordy who have a few years of high end production compared to a longer career that may or may not take off. Watkins is at best a low end wr1 and imo he's a wr2.

But in that format, ppr start 1 rb 1 we 3 flex, I agree that he's probably worth as much as two quality backs.
You would get an argument from me because I'd take Watkins over Dez, Green and Robinson in a dynasty league.

I'd also change the answer I gave earlier because I did not know it was a one RB start league. In that case I'd take Watkins.

And I'll add I don't own Watkins in a single place, never wanted to pay the price because of that offense. But the way he was used after he publicly complained was fine by me and the way they used him the last 5 weeks of the season would probably make every Watkins owner perfectly happy.
Wow. Maybe I'm not talking him seriously enough. I don't see that kind of value for him at all but I'll give a second look. Appreciate the opinion.

Julio

Beckham

Brown

Hopkins

Robinson

Dez

Aj

Cooper

Wow. Maybe I'm not talking him seriously enough. I don't see that kind of value for him at all but I'll give a second look. Appreciate the opinion.
I agree with him, after Julio, OBJ, Hopkins and Brown you can make a very good argument for Watkins.

Eifert is worth multiple firsts. When you spend a single random first on a tight end you're hoping they turn into something close to him.

Rhythmdoctor said:

Team A will give:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Thomas, Julius JAC TE

To Team B for:

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Probably picks but hard to tell with no sense of the other teams.

I will say picks no matter what and robbery if the picks end up good

menobrown said:
FreeBaGeL said:

I really would not know. I usually will never respond to trade questions that are 2 QB leagues, IDP leagues, developmental picks or non-PPR because I don't know what I'm talking about.

Rhythmdoctor said:

Team A will give:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Thomas, Julius JAC TE

To Team B for:

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Since those are 2016 picks not sure how relevant the other teams are but I fail to understand why someone would post a trade like this and not specify the picks.

dez

for

cooper

Cooper because it's a dynasty. Especially, given that the Raiders are Texa$ under the cap, and have to spend it this offseason.

Plus, Al is dead, so maybe they'll get some good players with their money.

Dez was the number one player in dynasty last year. One year later he's behind cooper, who didn't even have a wr1 season yet, by more than a first round pick. Dez just turned 27.

And some people would take Watkins over Dez too.

Just triangulating here, but that means that two years running, the most talented rookie receiver in a draft class - without a wr 1 season - is worth more than a first round pick PLUS the previous year's number one player in dynasty as long as he puts up some good games in the NFL.

I mean, if I offered obj, 2.1, 2.10, 3.8 for 1.1 and 6.2, it would probably get accepted. Or just obj for Watkins.

What changed so much in one year? The Cowboys had a down year, sure, but the Raiders and bills have had a couple down years in their franchise histories. Romo is getting old but the bills are no luck to stick with tyrod, and who knows if he can sustain his limited success this year. Carr flashed but he's still a wild card. Ask a tannehill owner.

How did cooper and Watkins both become more valuable than Dez?

Dez was the number one player in dynasty last year. One year later he's behind cooper, who didn't even have a wr1 season yet, by more than a first round pick. Dez just turned 27.

Just triangulating here, but that means that two years running, the most talented rookie receiver in a draft class - without a wr 1 season - is worth more than a first round pick PLUS the previous year's number one player in dynasty as long as he puts up some good games in the NFL.

I mean, if I offered obj, 2.1, 2.10, 3.8 for 1.1 and 6.2, it would probably get accepted. Or just obj for Watkins.

What changed so much in one year? The Cowboys had a down year, sure, but the Raiders and bills have had a couple down years in their franchise histories. Romo is getting old but the bills are no luck to stick with tyrod, and who knows if he can sustain his limited success this year. Carr flashed but he's still a wild card. Ask a tannehill owner.

I would be surprised if the consensus supported Watkins and Cooper over Dez.

It's pretty clearly dez then Watkins then cooper for me

I think you're overlooking or may not be aware of what Sammy did the 2nd half of last year. If you aren't sure, go look. Sure, only half a season. But when you combine 22 years old, first round pedigree, and a top 5 WR scoring for the second half of the season, you have a WR that is trending in the right direction to be what Dez has been. People asked the same question how some could put Dez over a 27-28 Fitzgerald or even an Andre Johnson a few years ago after the first two seasons before Dez broke out.

Some like to stay ahead of the curve and move guys somewhere before they actually get there. Others prefer to play it safer and just pay once they actually arrive. Both work. But if you're asking how, that's how. And if a team is either just starting out or is rebuilding, then Sammy should be over Dez for most. It's for the competing teams where it's closer. And Sammy may make them regret not moving him ahead as early as this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a 16 team league and one of the pucks is 1.04. Rest are middle to end of first round. I obviously like the trade but I don't think Julius is junk and it would be silly to totally throw the towel in on Adams.
Why wouldn't you put the pick value in with the trade if they are known? Could drastically change the outcome of the value.

Rhythmdoctor said:

Team A will give:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Thomas, Julius JAC TE

To Team B for:

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Since those are 2016 picks not sure how relevant the other teams are but I fail to understand why someone would post a trade like this and not specify the picks.
wait, crap, I thought those were FUTURE picks, haha.

So they are picks this year and the guy didnt even say which picks?

Fail

12 team ppr FFPC dynasty

Ryan Mathews

2017 2nd rounder

2017 3rd rounder

6th and 7th rounders this year

for

Jeremy Hill

FFPC:

Team A gave: Mariotta

Team B gave: Woodhead
Trade rape.
for who? FFPC format Mariotta isn't worth much at all. Neither is woodhead, though I probably prefer woodhead
That's the beauty of this t and why I posted it here.

After I did the trade I got an e-mail from an owner in the league basically saying I got fleeced, which I was cool with his opinion just did not agree. I later learned the trade was protested but they were protesting on the basis I fleeced the other guy.

FFPC:

Trade rape.
for who? FFPC format Mariotta isn't worth much at all. Neither is woodhead, though I probably prefer woodhead
Young, talented QB for a 31 year-old midget RB who, imo, will be the clear #2 next season.

Trade rape.
Sorry, but in a start 1 QB PPR league with small-ish rosters, Mariotta isn't very valuable, at all.

FFPC:

Trade rape.
That's the beauty of this t and why I posted it here.

After I did the trade I got an e-mail from an owner in the league basically saying I got fleeced, which I was cool with his opinion just did not agree. I later learned the trade was protested but they were protesting on the basis I fleeced the other guy.
I am guessing you got Woodhead. Good move.

In start 1 QB leagues where you have to drop down to 14 position players every year, Mariotta is probably going to be a drop in a lot of leagues when the cut down date approaches at the end of February.

i love cooper but thats too much
probably, but Dez is quite a bit older, reliant on TD's, has injury issues, and is a head case. straight up i'd take Cooper but can't blame anyone for preferring Dez due to his stat history.
Agree except for the "reliant on TDs" thing. Was it you I argued with about this last week? Dez is NOT TD dependent.

Some other people also mentioned that Dez was the #1 players last year (which he wasnt, but he was close), so how could Cooper be ahead of him now? Well, welcome to fantasy football. Things change fast. I would take Cooper also.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love cooper but thats too much
probably, but Dez is quite a bit older, reliant on TD's, has injury issues, and is a head case. straight up i'd take Cooper but can't blame anyone for preferring Dez due to his stat history.
Agree except for the "reliant on TDs" thing. Was it you I argued with about this last week? Dez is NOT TD dependent.

Some other people also mentioned that Dez was the #1 players last year (which he wasnt, but he was close), so how could Cooper be ahead of him now? Well, welcome to fantasy football. Things change fast. I would take Cooper also.
but the trade was not 1 for 1

Rhythmdoctor said:

Team A will give:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Thomas, Julius JAC TE

To Team B for:

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Year 2016 Round 1.04

Year 2016 Round 1.08

Year 2016 Round 1.11

Year 2016 Round 1.12

Year 2016 Round 3.04
Fixed. Sorry guys, I pasted it from our site and the order wasn't set.

Rhythmdoctor said:

Team A will give:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Thomas, Julius JAC TE

To Team B for:

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Year 2016 Round 1.04

Year 2016 Round 1.08

Year 2016 Round 1.11

Year 2016 Round 1.12

Year 2016 Round 3.04
Picks side, easily

Rhythmdoctor said:

Team A will give:

Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Thomas, Julius JAC TE

To Team B for:

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Year 2016 Round 1.04

Year 2016 Round 1.08

Year 2016 Round 1.11

Year 2016 Round 1.12

Year 2016 Round 3.04
Picks side, easily
I gotta say, it was really tough getting rid of Eifert in a TE premium league. I worked hard to get him too. But I agree in that I do think I won the trade.

Users who are viewing this thread