What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (9 Viewers)

No, nothing like that. They poured the high ABV beers in those little snifters. Ended up coming home with some more Jade, an Undercrown, and an Atomic Whale. And an 18th Street tulip.
Ah, OK. I really need to go try the brett IPA.
It was funkier than I expected. Aged for 6 months so it was almost a sour if not fully a sour. It was really good. And in my opinion, best sipped out of that thimble sized snifter.

All said, even after Google maps brought us through Roseland on the way home, I want to go back soon.

No, nothing like that. They poured the high ABV beers in those little snifters. Ended up coming home with some more Jade, an Undercrown, and an Atomic Whale. And an 18th Street tulip.
Ah, OK. I really need to go try the brett IPA.
It was funkier than I expected. Aged for 6 months so it was almost a sour if not fully a sour. It was really good. And in my opinion, best sipped out of that thimble sized snifter. All said, even after Google maps brought us through Roseland on the way home, I want to go back soon.
Funky and sour is right in my wheelhouse -- absolutely love all of the Sour Note stuff they do there. If I hear brett, fruit, wine barrels -- I'm in. Actually my favorite types of beer for the most part.

my valentines day gift from my wife

They were out of BA BOMBS sadly. I am still a very happy camper though. It is now BOMB time!
Nice.

They were out of BA BOMBS sadly. I am still a very happy camper though. It is now BOMB time!
Very nice haul!

Nice haul. Those Sunday Morning Stouts are delicious.
Thanks guys. The BOMB was great, but I also tried the Sunday morning stout and you are so right. This was exceptional. If KBS is better than the SMS I am not going to miss the boat in April when we get it here. And you just got 60 of them you bugger :-)

Hopefully 2016 KBS is as good as usual because I just got 60 bottles of it, lol.
How did you pull that off? And... drool.
They had their lottery this morning and between myself and friends, 5 of us won 12 each.
80s, is KBS released in MI now? I have a friend leaving to visit her family in MI tomorrow. Will she be able to find some you think?
It's not our untill somewhere around March 10. Also, getting it in a store requires a massive amount of luck or a hook-up. I've never seen one in a store to buy.

Hopefully 2016 KBS is as good as usual because I just got 60 bottles of it, lol.
They had their lottery this morning and between myself and friends, 5 of us won 12 each.
80s, is KBS released in MI now? I have a friend leaving to visit her family in MI tomorrow. Will she be able to find some you think?
It's not our untill somewhere around March 10. Also, getting it in a store requires a massive amount of luck or a hook-up. I've never seen one in a store to buy.
BALLS MCCARDY...thanks bud

Finding it on a shelf -- hell no. But it's not impossible to get for me. You just have to find out when it's hitting and drop everything and go right away when it does. My go to store will tweet it out / post on FB and is maybe 10 minutes from my office, so I get a few every year. Black Note is usually harder d/t all of the secrecy IMO.

Finding it on a shelf -- hell no. But it's not impossible to get for me. You just have to find out when it's hitting and drop everything and go right away when it does. My go to store will tweet it out / post on FB and is maybe 10 minutes from my office, so I get a few every year. Black Note is usually harder d/t all of the secrecy IMO.
Sometimes I feel like people in other States get better distro on the Founders stuff.

Sometimes I feel like people in other States get better distro on the Founders stuff.
Hope you're right 80s :-)

Yeah, could be the case. I guarantee I'd get none if I tried to wait until the end of the workday or something -- but I can usually be there within maybe 1/2 hour of the truck and they limit how much one person can buy, so it works out well.

Growler of Hailstorm Prairie Madness with simcoe and mosaic.

That Undercrown keeps challenging me every time I open the fridge though...

I'm basically clearing out random leftovers from the beer fridge tonight.

Prairie Tulsa Rugby Ale

GI Pere Jaques

New Belgium Trippel

Dark Horse Crroked Tree

Brown Shugga

Last edited by a moderator:
New Glarus Raspberry Tart - Way too sweet and not enough tart for me. Wife loved it though.

Cascade Blueberry Ale - Excellent, nice and tart, tiny bit of sweet and blueberry on the nose.

Up next Marz The Bubbly Kriek.

New Glarus Raspberry Tart - Way too sweet and not enough tart for me. Wife loved it though.

Cascade Blueberry Ale - Excellent, nice and tart, tiny bit of sweet and blueberry on the nose.

Up next Marz The Bubbly Kriek.
The Bubbly Kriek is very interesting. It's a Berliner Weiss with cherries but has a huge oak nose and a large oak taste throughout. Typical tartness of a Berliner Weiss but the oak is ummm odd.

Sunday Morning Stout. Picked 3 more up today as that was the max allowed. Believe that this is my favorite right now. So good.

Against the Grain Bo & Luke
What did you think Jules? Been saving mine. Was it worth the high price?
I loved it. The pub down the street had one of the six 1/4 barrels AtG sent out into the world
Great. Thanks. Saving it for a reunion with my best friend who is a big pappy van winkle fan, as this supposedly is aged in PVW barrels.

BTH, if you like the Stone Xocoveza you need to try prairie BOMB! if you haven't. Blows it away IMO.

Burn Em Hopkick Dropkick

Dogfish Head 90 Minute

Wife picked the local good pizza / craft beer place to hit for our V-Day date. Love this woman.

Burn Em Hopkick Dropkick
Dogfish Head 90 Minute

Wife picked the local good pizza / craft beer place to hit for our V-Day date. Love this woman.
Do you like Burn Em' overall?  I live 20 min from there and been meaning to stop in.  They are ex-Greenbush brewers who formed that brewery.

Do you like Burn Em' overall?  I live 20 min from there and been meaning to stop in.  They are ex-Greenbush brewers who formed that brewery.
I haven't been out there yet, but I've tried a few of their beers and they've all been really solid.  It's on my to do list.  Along with about 10 other places LOL.

Fat heads hop juju

dragons milk reserve vanilla chai

just acquired a bottle of "abyss". Hoping to sit on it until kickoff 2016.

I'd love to try this, haven't seen it locally. Victory a great eastern state brewery IMO, golden monkey & hop devil two of my mainstays. 

hey 80,s saw this today show up but thought you said some negative recently about this brewery. know anything bout this 1? got good ratings.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/345/184932/  victory java cast
I have two bottles, but haven't opened them. I have liked a lot of what Victory has done, but they put recently put out a guava IPA as part of some new series they are doing that is suppossd to be high end experimentation. It was like a bud light with a Kool Aid packet dumped in. It was ####. Hopefully, the Java Cask is better. 

Short's Superfluid DIPA. It's 8% so it borders on a regular IPA. The malt is slight. It's a total hop-bomb. I really hope Short's doesn't mess their beer up by opening up distribution because they have really hit their stride this year with lots of great fresh beers coming non-stop. Superfluid is one of the best hop based beers they have ever made. 

I have two bottles, but haven't opened them. I have liked a lot of what Victory has done, but they put recently put out a guava IPA as part of some new series they are doing that is suppossd to be high end experimentation. It was like a bud light with a Kool Aid packet dumped in. It was ####. Hopefully, the Java Cask is better. 
Please let me know what you think 80s. I am not going to drive that far for MEH. Just had to dump that brewmaster reserve out. Plain nasty. So I am now enjoying a BIG BAD BAPTIST. Believe that the Sunday morning stout has it beat though.

hey 80,s saw this today show up but thought you said some negative recently about this brewery. know anything bout this 1? got good ratings.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/345/184932/  victory java cast
My friend from PA has been talking up that Victory Java Cask saying that it was really legit and his favorite Victory beer ever.  Our beer palates are remarkably similar and we both love coffee-infused imperial stouts, so I definitely trust his opinion.  We regularly trade with each other for stuff that we can't get in our local markets, and he is going to include some Java Cask in my next beer mail package.  I'd pick some up if I were you, especially since it seems right up your alley.  

Last edited by a moderator:
steelerfan1 said:
Please let me know what you think 80s. I am not going to drive that far for MEH. Just had to dump that brewmaster reserve out. Plain nasty. So I am now enjoying a BIG BAD BAPTIST. Believe that the Sunday morning stout has it beat though.

Buckfast 1 said:
My friend from PA has been talking up that Victory Java Cask saying that it was really legit and his favorite Victory beer ever.  Our beer palates are remarkably similar and we both love coffee-infused imperial stouts, so I definitely trust his opinion.  We regularly trade with each other for stuff that we can't get in our local markets, and he is going to include some Java Cask in my next beer mail package.  I'd pick some up if I were you, especially since it seems right up your alley.  
Thanks Buck. It's on the get list.

Funky Buddha Last Snow Coconut Coffee Porter (new batch just released)...it's pretty much a liquid mounds bar...better than the last release IMO, and still the best porter I've had.

Short's Superfluid DIPA. It's 8% so it borders on a regular IPA. The malt is slight. It's a total hop-bomb. I really hope Short's doesn't mess their beer up by opening up distribution because they have really hit their stride this year with lots of great fresh beers coming non-stop. Superfluid is one of the best hop based beers they have ever made. 
Looks like Short's will be here in IL around the first week of March. Looking forward to it. 

Looks like Short's will be here in IL around the first week of March. Looking forward to it. 
Saw on my beer shop's app today that they just got in Space Rock, Soft Parade and Huma Lupa Licious from Short's.  This is outside Philadelphia.

I think Ilov80s might have sent me the Huma before in BIF and it was definitely tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread