What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFAWT: Quarters 2: Linnus Scrimmage Memorial Draft (1 Viewer)

Arizona (6)
Texas A&M (3)
Steve Austin (14)
North Carolina (1)
Dayton (7)
South Dakota St. (12)
Colorado (8)
Middle Tenn (15)

Not really sure how I feel about this lineup. But, to make you all feel better, you should see all the quarters in my change jar at home.

Arizona (6)
Texas A&M (3)
Steve Austin (14)
North Carolina (1)
Dayton (7)
South Dakota St. (12)
Colorado (8)
Middle Tenn (15)

Not really sure how I feel about this lineup. But, to make you all feel better, you should see all the quarters in my change jar at home.

SFA was a shrewd pick. Zona was a first-rounder. TAMU was a third or fourth rounder to me. 

Indiana (5)
 Purdue (5)
 Texas Tech (8)
 UConn (9)
 Pittsburgh (10)
 Hawaii (13)
 Fresno State (14)
  FGCU (16)

3 West Virginia 

2 Michigan St

2 Oklahoma 

2 Xavier. 

15 UNC Ash

7 Iowa 

12 Ark Little Rock

13 Stony Brook 

My PayPal is a different email than the one I sent. Hold off on payments my way until I send the payment email. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonzaga (11)

duke (4)

kansas (1)

cinci (9)

providence (9)

virginia (1)

Green Bay (14)

bakersfield (15)

This is the first year I haven't watched a single college basketball game leading up to the tournament.  I also read way less than normal.  Instead, I just used the power rankings and win probabilities from 538 and Vegas odds for the first round.  For what it's worth, my top fifteen were:

1. Kentucky - seemed like the most obvious top choice since they seemed to be the team that were seeded most too low and are probably near 50/50 to beat UNC and ~25% to make the final four.  

2. Purdue

3. Wichita St.

4. Gonzaga (favorite in their first game as an 11 seed, loved getting them in the first)

5. Duke

6. Indiana

7. Texas AM

8. Michigan St.

9. West Virginia

10. Arizona

11. Utah

12. Iowa St. 

13. VCU

14. Kansas

15. Texas

:shrug:

3 West Virginia 

2 Michigan St

2 Oklahoma 

2 Xavier. 

15 UNC Ash

7 Iowa 

12 Ark Little Rock

13 Stony Brook 

My PayPal is a different email than the one I sent. Hold off on payments my way until I send the payment email. 
I think you have one of the better teams, but would have been a home run with a VCU/Gonzaga type team up top. Two many 2 seeds IMO.  Iowa that late is pretty great, I considered them multiple times. 

Gonzaga (11)

duke (4)

kansas (1)

cinci (9)

providence (9)

virginia (1)

Green Bay (14)

bakersfield (15)
(Bored right now)

like your first two but I think you're going to have to distract the wife in 2 weeks. 

Indiana (5)
 Purdue (5)
 Texas Tech (8)
 UConn (9)
 Pittsburgh (10)
 Hawaii (13)
 Fresno State (14)
  FGCU (16)

Purdue should have been a first-rounder so that makes up for Indiana. UConn is a small steal too  

Praying for you on the rest, GB 

Capella said:
I think you have one of the better teams, but would have been a home run with a VCU/Gonzaga type team up top. Two many 2 seeds IMO.  Iowa that late is pretty great, I considered them multiple times. 
I should have rolled the dice a little more for sure. I can't think of a more inconsistent team than Iowa this year. If they are on they could do a little damage. If they don't show up Temple could win on a blowout. 

I should have rolled the dice a little more for sure. I can't think of a more inconsistent team than Iowa this year. If they are on they could do a little damage. If they don't show up Temple could win on a blowout. 
They should be fine against temple, that team sucks. I wouldn't hate having Iowa against Nova either. 

I finally talked some dudes at work into doing one of these, albeit for only dimes. It was rather apparent they were virgins. I ended up with this team. 

West Virginia 

UK

Wichita 

Baylor

Temple

Little Rock 

Northern Iowa

Chattanooga

I finally talked some dudes at work into doing one of these, albeit for only dimes. It was rather apparent they were virgins. I ended up with this team. 

West Virginia 

UK

Wichita 

Baylor

Temple

Little Rock 

Northern Iowa

Chattanooga
Allllll the money. 

Capella said:
Purdue should have been a first-rounder so that makes up for Indiana. UConn is a small steal too  

Praying for you on the rest, GB 
Purdue was his first rounder. 

West Virginia 

UK

Wichita 

Baylor

Temple

Little Rock 

Northern Iowa

Chattanooga
:lmao:  at not getting stuck with a 15 or 16 seed in the 8th round. 

Capella said:

Praying for you on the rest, GB.

Purdue was my first rounder.  That list is by seed, not drafted order.  

Capella said:
I dunno about this one. UNI and Temple were undraftable for me, they're terrible. This committee sucks. I do like Miami. 
Yeah I'm pretty underwhelmed by my own drafting this year. My thoughts on UNI and Temple were more about situations than teams. Then again, last year I thought I had a lock and ended up paying.  The year before I thought I was in trouble and cashed pretty big...

I have watched Texas lay a couple of eggs this year (I guess this is where watching a team play a couple of times can be worse than not seeing them at all).  Watched UNI exactly twice and once they looked meh and the other time really good (and that wasn't against UNC)

Temple only needs to get through Iowa and Nova to get to the Sweet 16.  At the end of the sixth round (pick 6.6), I'll take that chance. Was hoping to get either Wilmington or Iona after the turn, but some ******* scooped them both up  :P  

Arizona is terrible.

At least their coach won the wet shirt contest

Users who are viewing this thread