What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (3 Viewers)

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but 18.21 Man Made - Hair Paste is legit as hell. 

I keep my hair mid-length and have traditionally used a bit of hairspray to hold when needed, but generally go au-naturale due to hating the sticky quality of spray, as well as the fact that once the hold is "broken", it just looks like crap. 

Went to a new "master stylist" this weekend for a pre-wedding (not mine) clean up and she suggested this base. Tiny dab, worked into hair, then use fingers or a wide tooth comb to get how you like it. Holds great. Looks great. No shiny finish. No weight, not sticky feel. Effortless to use. It's magical. Not to mention, it can be re-styled with a bit of water and it holds like new. 

One potential sticking point for some is the scent. I like it (kinda an earthy herbal-leather scent), the GF loves it. But for those looking for something unscented, may not be the play. 

Not cheap at $24 for a 2oz tin, but so little is needed, I see a tin lasting months. :thumbup:
Didn't know men still used hairspray.  Welcome to the new millennium my friend.   Pomade/Hair Product is the only way to go.  

Didn't know men still used hairspray.  Welcome to the new millennium my friend.   Pomade/Hair Product is the only way to go.  
Yeah honestly used any sort of product so infrequently (handful of times a year) I just would grab the can in our master bath and use it for a quick blast. Any other type product I had tried to use in the past sucked ###. This stuff is like the anti-product somehow.. to the point I'll actually use it regularly. :thumbup:

Yeah honestly used any sort of product so infrequently (handful of times a year) I just would grab the can in our master bath and use it for a quick blast. Any other type product I had tried to use in the past sucked ###. This stuff is like the anti-product somehow.. to the point I'll actually use it regularly. :thumbup:
Yeah, there's a lot of crap out there.  My old hairstylist got me onto Magic Move a while back.  I love it and haven't found anything comparable.  This bottle is normally $50-60 at a salon so best to buy via Amazon.  Will last a long time:  https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Move-Soft-Yellow-4-2/dp/B0016D8DUE

If you want something cheap and only have your local drug store as an option, this stuff will suffice.  Does leave your hair a bit greasy tho:  https://www.amazon.com/Murray-MRSHP-Murrays-Pomade-oz/dp/B000EVGPC2

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but 18.21 Man Made - Hair Paste is legit as hell. 

I keep my hair mid-length and have traditionally used a bit of hairspray to hold when needed, but generally go au-naturale due to hating the sticky quality of spray, as well as the fact that once the hold is "broken", it just looks like crap. 

Went to a new "master stylist" this weekend for a pre-wedding (not mine) clean up and she suggested this base. Tiny dab, worked into hair, then use fingers or a wide tooth comb to get how you like it. Holds great. Looks great. No shiny finish. No weight, not sticky feel. Effortless to use. It's magical. Not to mention, it can be re-styled with a bit of water and it holds like new. 

One potential sticking point for some is the scent. I like it (kinda an earthy herbal-leather scent), the GF loves it. But for those looking for something unscented, may not be the play. 

Not cheap at $24 for a 2oz tin, but so little is needed, I see a tin lasting months. :thumbup:
:oldunsure:

this doesn't compare to the "man made hairpaste" that was in Something About Mary , does it?

Yeah, there's a lot of crap out there.  My old hairstylist got me onto Magic Move a while back.  I love it and haven't found anything comparable.  This bottle is normally $50-60 at a salon so best to buy via Amazon.  Will last a long time:  https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Move-Soft-Yellow-4-2/dp/B0016D8DUE
$25/4.2oz is half the price of the stuff I'm using. May give it a shot too. Reviews look good. Thanks, GB :thumbup:

:oldunsure:

this doesn't compare to the "man made hairpaste" that was in Something About Mary , does it?
:unsure: I hope not... but I'm new to this. 

Cause these were crazy comfortable and were in a surf shop when I was on vacation 

Last edited by a moderator:
So double breasted suits are coming back in style? Was in NY last week and saw quite a few men wearing them.  David Beckham is wearing them as well.  Jump back in?

So double breasted suits are coming back in style? Was in NY last week and saw quite a few men wearing them.  David Beckham is wearing them as well.  Jump back in?
Yeah, they've been back for a minute now.  Not a huge fan but wouldn't mind having one on hand for special occasions.  

Little late here but I started using fiber paste about six months. My all-time favorite hair product.

The one I use (American Crew Fiber) has a firm hold, matte finish. It has a subtle fragrance & looks like you have no product in your hair. Not crunchy or crusty at all, it's actually pretty pliable - you can move it around, shape it, whatever. I love that there's no need to re-wet it, either. I use a volumizer brush and can go with a fuller look (if pompadour is your thing) or rake it back for a flatter effect.

SIDEBAR - brushes are off the chain the last 5 years. Take 5-10 minutes to educate yourself about what you can achieve with different type hairbrushes.

For reference, I wear an undercut with medium length top.

Yeah, they've been back for a minute now.  Not a huge fan but wouldn't mind having one on hand for special occasions.  
Makes sense..once everybody has a closet full of slim cut suits they need to change.   Have a feeling in 15-20 years we will be looking back at pictures of ourselves in those suit coats that look like a boys small and laugh.

Little late here but I started using fiber paste about six months. My all-time favorite hair product.

The one I use (American Crew Fiber) has a firm hold, matte finish. It has a subtle fragrance & looks like you have no product in your hair. Not crunchy or crusty at all, it's actually pretty pliable - you can move it around, shape it, whatever. I love that there's no need to re-wet it, either. I use a volumizer brush and can go with a fuller look (if pompadour is your thing) or rake it back for a flatter effect.

SIDEBAR - brushes are off the chain the last 5 years. Take 5-10 minutes to educate yourself about what you can achieve with different type hairbrushes.

For reference, I wear an undercut with medium length top.
A local barber - young guy maybe 30 if that - has a line of products that get rave reviews around here. I don't have enough hair to worry anymore but he is my barber and it seems worth a shot.  If anyone is interested I could probably get a couple samples.

http://strongislandstyles.com/

I'm sure I still have some pleated khaki banana republic and brooks brothers buried somewhere at home. 

Probably about 4 inches too small around the waist but hey. 
I feel like I'm talking to myself here :lol:  Exactly. 

LOVE the interior of that place.... very cool. 
Yeah he recently redid his shop.  I'm trying to find a way to do business with the owner - solid solid guy.  Cool as #### because he doesn't try, doesn't drink or anything but not straight edge.  Pulls some made tail as well. 

Bonus is he won't let me pay more for a cut than I did 5 years ago though prices went up since I'm grandfathered in! Won't even let me tip more than a total of 20.  

Too notch quality too.

Any suggestions for fall jackets? Definitely struggle in this area and most of the results when I Google looking for info are really dooshy looking. 

Any suggestions for fall jackets? Definitely struggle in this area and most of the results when I Google looking for info are really dooshy looking. 
Why don't you describe what you are looking for?

emphasis on function or fashion?

temp range?

water resistant or no?

something to wear to work, on a walk in the woods, both?

I'm looking for comfortable and form fitting Henley's that aren't flashy....any suggestions?  I see plenty of nice 200 dollar henleys, but I'm looking for a better deal.

Ya, bomber definitely a good choice.  I like Spiewak a lot, they have a nice bomber here

http://www.spiewak1904.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-spiewak-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=SPMOW0006FAC019000

Looks like it might fit your bill of 'fall', a little warmer than offdee's ones (though fall in AZ and fall in NH are two different things)

I'm looking for comfortable and form fitting Henley's that aren't flashy....any suggestions?  I see plenty of nice 200 dollar henleys, but I'm looking for a better deal.
Are you saying you can't find a comfortable henley shirt for less than $200?

Need a little help.  Heading to vegas in a week and I don't want to look like a Yooper.  Which I am.  

Not thinking suit, but what kind of button downs should I be looking at to wear with jeans?  I'm 5'7" with a stocky build. (195).  

Need a little help.  Heading to vegas in a week and I don't want to look like a Yooper.  Which I am.  

Not thinking suit, but what kind of button downs should I be looking at to wear with jeans?  I'm 5'7" with a stocky build. (195).  
Not sure what a Yooper is but keep it simple/classy.  Get a slim fitting blazer (dark blue or black), a gingham dress shirt and a few solids (light blue, pink, white).  Don't go cheap on the denim.  The darker the jeans the better imo.  Avoid True Religion and denim with rhinestones.  

Not sure what a Yooper is but keep it simple/classy.  Get a slim fitting blazer (dark blue or black), a gingham dress shirt and a few solids (light blue, pink, white).  Don't go cheap on the denim.  The darker the jeans the better imo.  Avoid True Religion and denim with rhinestones.  
so you're suggesting business casual? gotcha.

do any of you guys/ladies have a s.o. that just...... can't dress themselves?  i'm not talking "he/she isn't on the cutting edge of the latest trends, how lame".  i mean "my drunk colorblind uncle who owns 2 pair of pants and 1 shirt dresses up better" bad.

where they think "damn, i look ####### great today" and you're trying to find a way to burn everything they own because leaving the house naked would be better?

Users who are viewing this thread