What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HRC lost to someone you're railing against as terrible for this country.  think about that for second:  YOUR candidate lost to a dude who was amazingly bad for this country.  What does that say about YOUR candidate?  Has it sunk in yet?  Yeah, I think we dodged a bullet here.  You're welcome.

Or you can continue to get hysterical and blame everyone except the DNC and HRC herself.  Your choice.
Three drinks!  

Come on, man, slow down.  It's Valentine's Day. Some of us have to stay upright for the missus tonight. 

So, you think the bad things Obama did are like the bad things Trump is doing.  

Well, we don't have to go into what Obama did or didn't do, but clearly you think what Trump is doing is bad, so that's good to hear.
I agree that Trump is a terrible President and the ONLY reason I"m glad he's POTUS is because at least he won't advance the liberal agenda.  At this point anyway.  Anything he does that may help advance the conservative agenda is icing on the cake for me.

I also am not making excuses by quoting degrees of lies and deceit like the current libs are (ahem) when trying to make excuses why suddenly lies and deceit are a BIG ####### DEAL.
I mean, I guess it's fun to point out hypocrisy, at least in your eyes, and that might give you satisfaction, but that doesn't remove the fact that bad things are happening right now, and the current president is doing a terrible job.

I mean, there are two tracks you can take with the convo - hypocrisy of those complaining about Trump's actions and Trumps actions themselves.  This thread is largely focusing on Trump's actions, yet you continue to operate as if the focus is on hypocrisy...it's why so many accuse you of derailing the conversation.  Feel free to start a thread talking about how hypocritical the "libs" are, and it'll be good discussion...but in here it's generally discussion about what bad things the current president is doing.

I doubt you'll take my advice, but I'd actually engage in a separate thread on the hypocrisy of the left in dealing with Trump's issues...but it's not worth engaging that topic in here when we're discussing real and present issues.  :stepping off soap box:

Looking forward to watching the news tonight. I'm hoping that they will discuss the most important thing, the legality of what Flynn did.

If they instead speculate about bigger Russian angles, waste time on talking about why the president allowed him to stay in his position, and engage in random hysteria, I won't be surprised.

The biggest thing that should be talked about right now is Trumps claim that Flynn broke no rules.  Hopefully that is discussed.
Oh, well Flynn may have encrypted communications with the Russkies.

Facts will out yaknow...

Sad thing is the shame this all is bringing to Flynn. Guy was probably not a bad dude and sacrificed a tremendous amount for the country. Crappy way for him to have to end his career. 

I also feel really bad for any other qualified folks who get promoted to major positions in government if they were folks who likely had it coming anyway; getting picked by Trump is such an embarrassment. You wait your whole life and when it's your turn, this guy is in charge. Oof. 

Sad thing is the shame this all is bringing to Flynn. Guy was probably not a bad dude and sacrificed a tremendous amount for the country. Crappy way for him to have to end his career. 

I also feel really bad for any other qualified folks who get promoted to major positions in government if they were folks who likely had it coming anyway; getting picked by Trump is such an embarrassment. You wait your whole life and when it's your turn, this guy is in charge. Oof. 
Might want to do a bit of research on the ridiculous stuff Flynn has done.  He's not a real sympathetic figure.

KAC getting the axe will rule. Trump running around like the Queen of Hearts in Wonderland. 

OFF WITH HER HEAD!

Might want to do a bit of research on the ridiculous stuff Flynn has done.  He's not a real sympathetic figure.
Trying to at least not be as polarized as the idiots on the other side. Giving some credit where it's even potentially due. 

I find it absolutely stunning how stupid my fellow Americans really are. 
There's a working theory (mine) that Trump's fans are stimulated and energized by the outrage of Trump's critics, who in turn react to extreme stupidity and capriciousness of Trump, and Trump seeks to energize his base, so every day Trump does something more stupid, so every day is therefore more stupid than the last.

I mean, I guess it's fun to point out hypocrisy, at least in your eyes, and that might give you satisfaction, but that doesn't remove the fact that bad things are happening right now, and the current president is doing a terrible job.

I mean, there are two tracks you can take with the convo - hypocrisy of those complaining about Trump's actions and Trumps actions themselves.  This thread is largely focusing on Trump's actions, yet you continue to operate as if the focus is on hypocrisy...it's why so many accuse you of derailing the conversation.  Feel free to start a thread talking about how hypocritical the "libs" are, and it'll be good discussion...but in here it's generally discussion about what bad things the current president is doing.

I doubt you'll take my advice, but I'd actually engage in a separate thread on the hypocrisy of the left in dealing with Trump's issues...but it's not worth engaging that topic in here when we're discussing real and present issues.  :stepping off soap box:
:goodposting:

I like this post - a lot.  It's exactly how I feel.  Maybe you should speak for me from now on? :)

I just can't get over the hypocrisy on display here.  I'm waiting for one of you guys to admit it - or even acknowledge it.  Maybe then I'll be able to move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
At what point does KAC just tell Trump to F off, and that she's not going out there again to get on camera and get pummeled for his stupid lies?  She looks like a wet, beaten dog. 

On the Dem side this plus Waters losing her mind and saying Korea instead of Crimea are on the poor side.

But it's no secret the Dems need younger leadership. Hearing some of these codgers talking about hacking and technology is not easy...
It's the whole crying wolf and grasping for every single ridiculous thing to freak out about has numbed the public. And yes the fact they are so old and out of touch.....I mean how have the Dems not locked Pelosi in the basement and hid the key. Along with ole what's his nuts that decided not to go to an inauguration for the first time.....oh wait he forgot it wasn't the first time. Those two referencing tweets is rich. 

It's the whole crying wolf and grasping for every single ridiculous thing to freak out about has numbed the public. And yes the fact they are so old and out of touch.....I mean how have the Dems not locked Pelosi in the basement and hid the key. Along with ole what's his nuts that decided not to go to an inauguration for the first time.....oh wait he forgot it wasn't the first time. Those two referencing tweets is rich. 
I heard Nancy today. She may be old but she's still twice as smart as nearly anybody on the other side (and ten times as smart as our President). She was also the most effective Speaker since Tip O Neil IMO. Tremendous person, great politician. 

He voted to confirm Devos, no?  
What's that have to do with anything? I'm sure a lot of his constituents supported Devos too.   Devos was a bad nominee in our opinions, but there's also something to be said for letting the President pick the people he wants for his cabinet.

otis:

How many days until it is confirmed that Trump put him up to making these phone calls?
- Trump told Flynn to make the phone calls.
- Trump told Flynn to lie to Pence, to the FBI, and to anyone else who asked what was going on.
- Trump told Pence to assure the media that Flynn did nothing wrong.

Pence may not be happy, but he won't throw Trump under the bus. But Flynn might.

I heard Nancy today. She may be old but she's still twice as smart as nearly anybody on the other side (and ten times as smart as our President). She was also the most effective Speaker since Tip O Neil IMO. Tremendous person, great politician. 
She should have run for President.

Sure didn't look like it and clearly doesn't mind spreading more fake news. 

otis:

- Trump told Flynn to make the phone calls.
- Trump told Flynn to lie to Pence, to the FBI, and to anyone else who asked what was going on.
- Trump told Pence to assure the media that Flynn did nothing wrong.

Pence may not be happy, but he won't throw Trump under the bus. But Flynn might.
Why is Pence constantly being painted as an innocent dupe in all of this???  What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread