What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did.  But for the others in this thread who have missed the previous discussions on Schindler in here, thought I'd flesh it out. 

This guy is the real deal.  He's got more IC knowledge than anyone else who speaks publicly, to my knowledge. And he's convinced Trump is going to prison for what he's done, including engaging Russian intelligence services to spy on American citizens during the election. 
He has been prescient for months.

The bolded are very important points. Household debt is also now above pre-financial crisis levels. Household debt service is still very manageable, courtesy of (artificially) low interest rates. But as interest rates go up, so do debt service requirements. Wage growth is running at a real (inflation adjusted) rate of 0%. So higher debt service means less consumer spending, which will ripple throughout the economy.

It looks like a stagflation starter kit, or worse, right now. But we'll see how it plays out. None of that would happen overnight.
This is part of the reason I'm not pointing to the stock market like it's a score board.  I think it's over inflated and can come tumbling down any minute.  Then he is going to get the blame. He said in one of the debates it was inflated, and being manipulated by the fed.  I vaguely recall him saying he was getting out of the market back then, but don't quote me on that.

Are you similar with the term " deflection "
I am not deflecting anything. We'll see where this leads. Then we can determine who has been played.

I would point out that if we are going to critique the ability of people to internalize objective facts into their worldview, a large number of Americans are going to fare quite poorly.

That goes for both conservatives and liberals.

But it would be especially unkind to hardcore Trump supporters.

Well inflation is coming which is why the fed is hiking rates 3x this year.

The stock market is in the 8th inning of a bull run and while de-regulation and lower taxes will help, protectionist trade practices will not especially with the border tax which will further push inflation up vis a vis higher prices for goods (which is why heads of retailers are meeting with trump at this very moment).

Trump has a brief honeymoon period with the economy and the stock market but regardless of how good (or poor) his policies are, a recession is coming in the next 18-24 months I would assume.

But regardless of all of that, it's fairly ridiculous to say well the economy is going well so who cares if the president is committing treason with Russia (or at the very least has some very concerning dealings that need to be looked at).

So I guess to sum up, I am sorry?
So I'm good until May before I start a very conservative rebalancing, and do I go foreign securities, bonds, money market, William Davane's gold teeth, what? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Would that be a bigger story than Nixon if it were to happen?
If Trump went to prison for what's being claimed, it might well be the biggest political scandal in the developed world in my lifetime. 
It would also be a testament to the American system that even the President, the most powerful person in the world, isn't above the law. 

In most of the rest of the world, such a concept would be amazing and frankly, unbelievable if they didn't' see it happen.

The Russian angle sounds pretty far fetched to me.  I need some actual evidence besides articles quoting a bunch of unnamed sources.  Trump has said multiple times he has nothing to do with Russia.  
Do you hold the claims of voter fraud to the same standard?  I haven't see one iota of evidence of voter fraud, but have heard lots of claims from camp Trump.  Just curious about your level of consistency in asking for proof of claims...

No, it isn't. There is a huge difference between having an editorial slant that leans one way or another, and outright lying. Sources like The Washington Post, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal have century plus stellar reputations to uphold, and are the former. The stuff you guys lap up like Breitbart and InfoWars (and stuff like Mother Jones and Daily Kos on the left, to be fair) are the latter.
But giving them the same credentials lends credence to the false notion that they're all the same and makes it an easier sell when you're trying to deflect real journalism.  Smart move here.  

This is part of the reason I'm not pointing to the stock market like it's a score board.  I think it's over inflated and can come tumbling down any minute.  Then he is going to get the blame. He said in one of the debates it was inflated, and being manipulated by the fed.  I vaguely recall him saying he was getting out of the market back then, but don't quote me on that.
Probably the same day he told everyone to cut up their Macy's credit cards.

My post wasn't about the stock market or market valuations. It was about the real results of terrible economic policy.

I should add that the most destructive elements of Trump's economic policy, his protectionist bent coupled with his insensitivity to deficit spending, is something he shared with Bernie Sanders.

If it is a disaster for Trump, it would have been a disaster for Sanders. I don't expect hardcore Bernie supporters to learn from that though.

Do you hold the claims of voter fraud to the same standard?  I haven't see one iota of evidence of voter fraud, but have heard lots of claims from camp Trump.  Just curious about your level of consistency in asking for proof of claims...
Do you have YouTube?  Check out project Veritas

Трамп - это удивительный мир. Он действительно является другом матери земли. Путин действительно любит его щенка. Да благословит Бог Америки. 

I was just listening to CNN in my car (SiriusXM). Latest polls out today show Trump, among Republicans, with a 90% approval rating.

:(

They're sticking with him, at least for now. And so long as they do, I am skeptical that the Republicans in Congress will get to the heart of this matter.
That's why any notion that this will be a quick process needs to squashed immediately.  This is going to take a while so be patient and stay focused.

Before I join you..Let me know how that goes and whether you are responding from the federal pen.
Hey if it works for Trump it's gotta work for us.

But if it doesn't and I end up in the pen I won't have to pay taxes and dumb schmucks will be paying my food, room and butt rapes.   WINNING!

But giving them the same credentials lends credence to the false notion that they're all the same and makes it an easier sell when you're trying to deflect real journalism.  Smart move here.  
The NYT was throwing fake Twitter quotes into their stories just today.  

There is clearly a big difference between the NYT/WSJ and Breitbart/Mother Jones, but the mainstream media isn't the pillar of integrity it once was.  The need for a 24 hr news cycle has led to really sloppy reporting and a trend towards using unverified social media as a legitimate source.  The erosion in public trust is largely deserved.

That's why any notion that this will be a quick process needs to squashed immediately.  This is going to take a while so be patient and stay focused.
True.  I don't know a single Trump supporter that has changed their minds.  They think he is doing a great job.

Ronald Reagan would be rolling in his grave to see Conservatives listening to the freakin' Kremlin over OUR intelligence community.

Way to go, Comrade!
Our intelligence community doesn't openly discuss ongoing investigations.

It comes down to what media source you trust. Obviously, RT is complete crap, but even the US media has quite a bit of variation given their propensity for conjecture.

The NYT was throwing fake Twitter quotes into their stories just today.  

There is clearly a big difference between the NYT/WSJ and Breitbart/Mother Jones, but the mainstream media isn't the pillar of integrity it once was.  The need for a 24 hr news cycle has led to really sloppy reporting and a trend towards using unverified social media as a legitimate source.  The erosion in public trust is largely deserved.
Did they remove the Tweets from the story and issue a correction when they found the error?  Or did they continue to repeat discredited information for the next several years?

It comes down to what media source you trust. Obviously, RT is complete crap, but even the US media has quite a bit of variation given their propensity for conjecture.
I see you didn't mention that this came from the KREMLIN.

Are you saying you trust what the Kremlin says?

Ronald Reagan would be rolling in his grave to see Conservatives listening to the freakin' Kremlin over OUR intelligence community.

Way to go, Comrade!

It'd be interesting to discuss with people how they determine whether a news source is very biased or not.

I did an exercise, taking the headlines from major MSM outlets and outlets on the right, and it was pretty compelling to me that those on the right used more biased language than many MSM sources.  It's just interesting for me to hear so many conservatives quote Breitbart and infowars and even RT or project veritas in one breath, and in the next denounce fake news or liberal bias in the next.

Wish we could have a legitimate conversation about how to assess how biased a news source is, whether you agree with that bias or not.

This is a great post, and a fine example of hypocrisy, but is wasted on him.

He's either trolling, or so far gone, he believes what he says.

Either way, would you expect a decent response?

Just had a call with a client of ours. We've known each other for years - he's very conservative and a religious Christian. 

Client: Can you believe what's going on with Trump?

Roboto: (cautiously) yeah it's pretty crazy. Hard to keep up with all the info. 

C: I'm not surprised that the media and Washington is trying to take him down. Such a shame for Trump to be unfairly attacked like this 

R: yeah, hard to tell what's true anymore right?

C: well this country is in trouble if we just believe the liberal media and let them run with their agenda. 

R: (subject change) so, did you get that demographic report I sent over?

I'm more concerned that some guy in the private sector is apparently getting a full feed of classified intelligence and information on ongoing investigations.

Leaks to news sources is one thing.  Leaks to your buddies is something else entirely.

Just had a call with a client of ours. We've known each other for years - he's very conservative and a religious Christian. 

C: I'm not surprised that the media and Washington is trying to take him down. Such a shame for Trump to be unfairly attacked like this 

C: well this country is in trouble if we just believe the liberal media and let them run with their agenda. 

:wall:

I didn't know we were neighbors.

Oof...so hard for me to keep quiet in situations like that.  Nicely done.  I'd have to put in a subtle dig at the end saying something like the FBI isn't the liberal media...but I can't help myself.

I wonder if these guys bubbles will ever burst?  Trump could be impeached, imprisoned, you name it, and they'd still think he was a victim of the liberal media.  Amazing world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread