What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rep. Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice (2 Viewers)

:lmao:

I'm just saying let's not assume we know why the guy did it.  There's a lot of hate and/or crazy to go around.
Yeah, that's exactly what you said
It pretty much was...we shouldn't assume we know why he did it.  Initial reports (often wrong) say he asked whether they were R's or D's but even then we don't know what motivated him.  No need to speculate or assume anything right now.

He was voting to restore the country more closely to how he thinks it should be run...not with massive entitlements for everyone.  It's likely done because he thinks the country will be worse off down the road if its saddled with debt and he thinks the government is really bad at doing healthcare.  That doesn't make him a terrible person necessarily, it just makes him wrong imo.

There are all kinds of different views on what government should and shouldn't do, and we can't realistically just walk around saying you are a good person if you want the government to give stuff to people and you're bad if you don't.  Same thing with gun control.

Fight for your viewpoint in campaigns, with your voice, etc...but we have always been a nation of differing views but we don't have to be a nation that demonizes those we disagree with.

That being said there are some terrible people in politics...but that's not determined simply by their political views but more by their actions.
I completely agree.  That said, if there are going to be millions of people with serious preexisting conditions thrown off healthcare, and they no longer have way to be treated...you've got a lot of people out there with nothing to lose and a lot of anger.  Not saying that's what happened here, but I won't be surprised if these guys start becoming targets. 

Scalise represents Jefferson Parish and part of New Orleans. I really wish the best for him and the other victims. Political violence is very bad, for any country. The softball game is about the two parties doing something positive together and building bipartisan relationships and goodwill. There's nothing good to come out of this but hopefully the SOB who did this is a pure crazy.
Have we ruled out that the other team really wanted to win? ;)

I do agree with your sentiments, good posting.

lol @ voted to kill people. Top notch trolling.
So will taking them off their life or death healthcare keep them alive? Glad I just learnt dat!
Folks believed incorrectly that Obamacare was setting up death panels, because politicians lied to them that this was true.  That doesn't give anyone justification to harm someone who voted for the ACA...that's just a stupid viewpoint to say you're insensitive to physical harm to a politician because of their political views.  It's antithetical to our system and our values.

I completely agree.  That said, if there are going to be millions of people with serious preexisting conditions thrown off healthcare, and they no longer have way to be treated...you've got a lot of people out there with nothing to lose and a lot of anger.  Not saying that's what happened here, but I won't be surprised if these guys start becoming targets. 
I would be very surprised.  They should be political targets, not targets of violence.

if you don't like what happened take action politically.  Shooting or otherwise harming someone because you disagree with their politics is worse than counterproductive.

If I am reading this stuff correctly (or reports are accurate) there were 45 Republican members of Congress at that field...if true this is White House Down type of stuff...beyond scary...

To quote the Dead Milkmen

Someone just kicked my dog Mavis and I'm going to find out just who the hell it was. (and give him a big :hifive: )
To quote most GOPers "Im for physical violence, when it benefits me, but I like to pretend I'm against it on the internet when I want to pretend to do the right thing. Fake morals!"

If I am reading this stuff correctly (or reports are accurate) there were 45 Republican members of Congress at that field...if true this is White House Down type of stuff...beyond scary...
Yeah...pretty bad stuff.  Dark day for the country for sure.

I would be very surprised.  They should be political targets, not targets of violence.

if you don't like what happened take action politically.  Shooting or otherwise harming someone because you disagree with their politics is worse than counterproductive.
I completely agree that it's counterproductive.  But if your daughter is alive because Obamacare is getting her the treatment she needs and that's going away so some rich guy can have another vacation home, are your thinking about how you're going to vote that person out of office?  I mean I HOPE that's what you're thinking, but...

I completely agree that it's counterproductive.  But if your daughter is alive because Obamacare is getting her the treatment she needs and that's going away so some rich guy can have another vacation home, are your thinking about how you're going to vote that person out of office?  I mean I HOPE that's what you're thinking, but...
Maybe that's his motivation, maybe it's something worse...but once you go down this road people would be shooting politicians for all sorts of reasons.  It hasn't happened much in the past and I'd be very surprised if it became the new normal.

To quote most GOPers "Im for physical violence, when it benefits me, but I like to pretend I'm against it on the internet when I want to pretend to do the right thing. Fake morals!"
Copying Trump's twitter style here isn't doing you any favors.

Something like the 2011 Utoye Island massacre in Norway might have been what he was attempting.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read certain posters all I can think of is the scene in Billy Madison where the guy he bullied in High School is in his basement with his list and then starts putting on lipstick...

The amount of snowflakes here who are upset at differing opinions is pathetic. You want bans for people who disagree with you. Sho Nuff, are you always this scared of opinions? I think those not tolerant of other opinions should be banned. 

Last edited by a moderator:
this type of political tripe is infuriating.
So is not knowing how your going to pay your hospital bills.  Look I'm sorry.  This doesn't belong in this threat.  There's a healthcare threat for that.  My point is people do very, very stupid and reckless things when they're angry.  Today was a tragic event that could have been much worse.  Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected. 

Bolded is disingenuous.  There were plenty of middle class families with children in similar predicaments and their premiums/expenses went way up and coverage way down as a result of Obamacare.  I hope none of them were thinking of blowing away Obama or a Democrat.  

I have no idea what the R's are about to do to Obamacare but had we never gone through the whole you can keep your healthplan if you want routine things might be a little more civil with the healthcare debate.  Like most problems in our country, you can point at both political parties trying to "win" instead of trying to solve the true problems.

Not to make that seem less horrific but this would have consequences that would directly effect how our country is run...
This wont be the last of it either, so much hostility. Look at how peopel are at other opinions, just imagine when policy is enacted. 

The amount of snowflakes here who are upset at differing opinions is pathetic. You want bans for people who disagree with you. Sho Nuff, are you always this scared of opinions? I think those not tolerant of other opinions should be banned. 
hi posty

Maybe that's his motivation, maybe it's something worse...but once you go down this road people would be shooting politicians for all sorts of reasons.  It hasn't happened much in the past and I'd be very surprised if it became the new normal.
That's true.  You're probably right.  I certainly hope you are. 

Ed O'Keefe‏Verified account @edatpost 3m3 minutes ago

JUST IN: all House members have been summoned to an 11:15 am briefing in Capitol Visitor Center auditorium.

Users who are viewing this thread