What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

Last year we saw Hill in the ideal role. This year we are seeing what happens to an athlete forced to try and be the go to WR. For all his speed, he's mostly just a guy that gets short passes and then tries to break a big play. 
That is not accurate, please check here for 2017 under the TAY column. BTW, you are on track to lose our bet re T Hill, I'll be in touch w/ you the day that happens. 

Chaka said:
Tyreek's streak of big games on the road continues. So are we supposed to bench him for the next three weeks at home vs the Raiders, Chargers and Dolphins?
You won't because there's no logically sound reason as to why he keeps doing this but you should at least consider it.

That is not accurate, please check here for 2017 under the TAY column. BTW, you are on track to lose our bet re T Hill, I'll be in touch w/ you the day that happens. 
42nd in the league in average air yards this year which is a huge jump from the 70s where he was last year. 

I forget what our bet even was, but I am glad to donate to your charity of choice win or lose. 

Chaka said:
Tyreek's streak of big games on the road continues.  So are we supposed to bench him for the next three weeks at home vs the Raiders, Chargers and Dolphins?
I can't bench him. Diggs is about to see the bench, though.

30.5 points standard. Wow. He just earned me a bye week. I drafted him as a WR1 and don't regret it after going RB/RB/RB in the first three rounds.  

Paired with Thielen, who I grabbed in the tenth. Two WR league with FLEX.  

Lovin' it.  

Can't have this guy out of your lineup. 

Unless...

Gordon.  
I have Antonio Brown, Tyreek, and Thielen on my dynasty team. Also Amari Cooper and Sammy Watkins.

You know what's next, right guys? He's going to put up duds for the FF playoffs since he just blew his wad here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it was the new play caller that made Smith able to finally connect with Hill on wide open downfield throws. 
I was coming in here to post the exact same thing but i would add the new play caller did dial up those plays that Tyreek got wide open down the field and he doesn't call plays the same as Andy Reid so his play calling is less predictable right now. 

I was coming in here to post the exact same thing but i would add the new play caller did dial up those plays that Tyreek got wide open down the field and he doesn't call plays the dame as Andy Reid so his play calling is less predictable right now. 
It's a slight boost to the entire offense, for sure. But it wasn't Andy Reid's play-calling that made Smith miss so many wide open throws to Hill throughout the season. 

It's a slight boost to the entire offense, for sure. But it wasn't Andy Reid's play-calling that made Smith miss so many wide open throws to Hill throughout the season. 
Agreed. Smith will always be a liability down the field but if the new play caller calls those plays more it will be huge. Tyreek is an elite down field option that has been literally ignored for entire halves by Andy Reid. It's completely inexcusable. Look at Pittsburgh for instance, Big Ben throws to Brown then hands it off to Bell. Then he throws it to Bell and then throws it to Brown. It's Bell + Brown over and over again. That's how you use your star players that give you an advantage over the defense. Don't get cute. Don't use them as decoys. Feed your stars and let them do what they do.  

Antonio Brown's targets the last 3 games - 13, 12, 15.

Tyreek Hill's targets the last 3 games - 7, 11(season high and only game with double digit targets this year), 9.

Give Tyreek that many looks and see what happens. He probably won't put up Brown numbers because Smith is a significant downgrade from Big Ben in terms of downfield target quality but Tyreek would make magic with that type of usage more times than not.

Hill has tremendous upside, yet still makes me a tad nervous being big play and TD dependent. Tough match up as well. Chuck it deep to him a few times? Stewing on this start.

Widbil83 said:
Almost 20pts and it was all done in the 2nd quarter.  Let's just be happy and take it boys!  :lmao:
I'm in a best-ball league where his ceiling really stands out, a never bench guy for me.

Hopefully Miami's offense can put some points on the board.
Definitely effects game flow. Need Mopey to play decent and Drake to do some damage so KC keeps throwing before it becomes a Hunt and West game / dink and dunk / Smith scramble for first downs and tick, tick, tick. Hill scores when needed, otherwise, game script effects his chances. Some risk here. Hill rated very high this week according to most - like top 7 to 10 WR. Choices and decisions...

So this was posted on Tyreek's Twitter page today...it sounds like his father may have just passed. I have been scouring internet looking for reliable source proof so don't want to start any rumors but figured I'd give a heads up in case it's unfortunately true. Other that a couple forums and a Kansas City news Facebook post I can't really verify. Prayers out to him and his family if this is true...right before Christmas   :(

Tyreek Hill Twitter page

KCTV5 Facebook posted earlier about this....comments on there say Tyreek was raised by his grandma and grandpa so maybe pops is his grandpa? Either way prayers go out to him.....

He sits this week in a meaningful week. 

Question is - will you be looking at targeting him to pick up, get Tyreek at a value, get him if he falls, or avoid him next year?

And the Hill bandwagon has yet to account for him being covered by the top corner, and in many cases double-teamed. You just assume you can take his numbers and multiply by X and that's what he will produce. At no level (college or Pro's) has he shown he can be a true #1 WR and beat the top coverage person on the other team. 
He has this year. :mic drop:

He sits this week in a meaningful week. 

Question is - will you be looking at targeting him to pick up, get Tyreek at a value, get him if he falls, or avoid him next year?
How was this week meaningful to the Chiefs?

I will absolutely be targeting him next year. He's the real deal.

How was this week meaningful to the Chiefs?

I will absolutely be targeting him next year. He's the real deal.
He sat because week #17 was a meaningful week for our league. I didn't know he was inactive at the time, thought perhaps would be limited. 

I like me some Tyreek Hill, is he a legit WR #1? If I can get him at my #2 next year that would be awesome. I think some look at him at not your prototypical WR #1? There is no reason not to get him the ball in space and deep. 

He sat because week #17 was a meaningful week for our league. I didn't know he was inactive at the time, thought perhaps would be limited. 

I like me some Tyreek Hill, is he a legit WR #1? If I can get him at my #2 next year that would be awesome. I think some look at him at not your prototypical WR #1? There is no reason not to get him the ball in space and deep. 
Your league should stop doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread