What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
timschochet said:
The problem with all of this analysis, one way or the other,  is that last year’s Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball will not be next year’s Ingram, Kuzma and Ball. One of these guys may emerge into a star player. Or more than one. Or none. But we just don’t know. 
Have you ever watched those guys?

I might have to call the Magic's corporate sales rep back and rent a box for the Warriors game. I can try to become the first person in history to drink 24 beers at an NBA game in which the home team loses by 100+ points. 
I'd read this story, if it is still allowed in this FFA

Final tally on the Boogie trade: NOP gets 65 regular season games of Cousins; SAC gets Buddy Hield, Justin Jackson, Harry Giles, Frank Mason, and doesn’t have to pay Cousins 5/219 (which would have kicked in this upcoming season). The Kings didn’t exactly clean up, but it really didn’t work out for NOP. 

Ideally, you'd like to have the teams in the playoffs actually have a chance. I don't recall a team in any other sport ever being a prohibitive favorite against the entire field before the season starts. 
They are what -155 someone posted earlier. I really don't know how to look it up, but I bet there are some that were close in other sports. 

It isn't a joke. God forbid the best teams actually win the title most years instead of the random hot team that makes the playoffs as the last team in. 
It's kind of cool when the random team wins. Where the Capitals the best team in the NHL this year? It's kind of bad when a league's finals is predetermined almost to the point it's no better then watching scripted wrestling and as predictable as WWE. 

Don’t disown them for the sake of a can’t win argument 
Lol nice try, and obviously they can't win because they didn't make the playoffs. The Steelers have done it as the last team in, so have the Packers, and Giants recently.  The Cardinals and Twins did it in baseball with .500 teams, the Kings did it as an 8 seed a few years ago. The list goes on and on. 

It's kind of cool when the random team wins. Where the Capitals the best team in the NHL this year? It's kind of bad when a league's finals is predetermined almost to the point it's no better then watching scripted wrestling and as predictable as WWE. 
I disagree, I think it is stupid when a team that is clearly the best team has an off night and doesn't win a title. I think it is dumb when a goalie can get hot and carry an average to below average team to a title. I want to see the best teams win or at least one of thed best 3 or 4 teams. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideally, you'd like to have the teams in the playoffs actually have a chance. I don't recall a team in any other sport ever being a prohibitive favorite against the entire field before the season starts. 
The issue with the NBA is it's all about star power. In football you don't always need the best team to win a SB or Hockey the best player. Heck even soccer the best clubs don't always win the league (Hello Leicester City!!!!). However in Basketball the impact even one star player has in your chances of winning is much much greater then having none or a bunch of B level players. It use to be adding 1 big name with your already star player made you unstoppable. Now you need a trio of superstars to even have a shot. Next year those trio of superstars just wins you a sweepstakes of losing to Golden state in 4 games that probably won't be anywhere close unless the NBA wants to give one of their fixed games a call to add to some ratings. 

I disagree, I think it is stupid when a team that is clearly the best team has an off night and doesn't win a title. I think it is dumb when a goalie can get hot and carry an average to below average team to a title. I want to see the best teams win or at least one of thed best 3 or 4 teams. 
I think you'd enjoy the old NCAA Football of voting for the the two best teams then. Being the best Regular season team doesn't mean you are the best team in the league with playoffs all the time. 

This thread is 78 pages.  It will be 100 by tomorrow. Why would Silver ever change  a thing?  The Warriors are the best thing to ever happen to the league 
You could look at this as a good thing or a bad thing. I'd probably be more pissed off of this then I am because it's coming from a team I like I lot of the players. However I still disagree with the overall super teams building. 

They are what -155 someone posted earlier. I really don't know how to look it up, but I bet there are some that were close in other sports. 
I doubt it. Lowest I ever remember seeing was 5/2 on New England in 2007. Maybe the Edmonton Gretzky/Messier teams? 

Seeing -185 now. 

Bovada.lv is a good site for odds without a login, fyi.
What would be a good way too look up old lines line that? I would think some of those Cowboy teams in the 90's were close to even money, the Yankees of the late 90's. 

I doubt it. Lowest I ever remember seeing was 5/2 on New England in 2007. Maybe the Edmonton Gretzky/Messier teams? 
Maybe, but basketball is different and it works for them. I don't see why they people complain about it constantly. It has been this way since I have watched in the 80's. 

I'd like to congratulate our own @tjnc09 on his team further locking down an already locked down 2019 NBA title. I've always been a huge fan of KD/Dray/Boogie. I'll be happy and celebrating with you in 11 months when they raising #7....unless it's over the Celtics lol.

A healthy Rockets have a shot.  Can CP3 do that? 

Didn't the Rockets just lose Ariza?
I wasn't clear and I apologize, but I was talking about this past year. The Warriors winning wasn't a given and they got lucky the survived the WCFinals. 

This year I think it might be an easiest road for them as the Rockets got weaker and a year older and LeBron joined a new team with a harder path to even possible play the Warriors. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread