What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (5 Viewers)

It would help if Trump & his campaign weren't so entangled with actual Russian business, intelligence and government interests and agendas though. Instead they are highly involved with them.
It would also help if Trump would say something - anything - critical about Putin and praise the work the US IC has done.

He can indict all he wants.  If he doesn’t finger Trump with direct evidence they are going to take it as a win.  Anything between direct evidence of Trump personally coordinating and Trump had no involvement whatsoever is a political quagmire.
Probably very true. Even if he does have direct evidence on Trump his supporters will still brush it off and excuse it away. Quagmire is accurate description. But where this likely is heading is even worse. Chances are no matter what he ends up finding on Trump Mueller will in all likely-hood not indict. Almost anyone with knowledge of the man feels like he will present his evidence and leave it to Congress to decide. This is where the quagmire really gets deep.....

The news mostly stems from leaks.  I’m not saying they are all from Mueller.  We know the FBI and the House have leaked their fair share of information.

I wasn’t really trying to be literal.  I was generally describing a trickle of information to the public over a long period of time.
We should probably replace everybody in the House.

uh, you literally said "it" (the Mueller investigation) was dragged out and leaking. But, we move on.
Yeah.  I did.

I dont expect Mueller to be done any time soon nor do I think it’s completion will give any kind of closure to the issue.  It’s been dragged out and leaking...

“It”, as in, “the issue”.  The issue of Trump and the Russian investigation.  It’s been dragged out with bits of evidence and information leaking out of blogs, the media, Twitter, the FBI, the administration, etc. with few verified sources.

I already explained what I meant though.  I don’t see the big deal.

@ren hoek

curious what you think about the indictment

Do you still think the Russians didn't hack the DNC and Podesta emails? The indictment is very detailed. Wondering if you take exception to any of those details. 
Where's your evidence pal?  I still don't see any evidence.  This is just a witch hunt, by 12 Angry Democrats.  Its a shame you are too blind to see what a farce this whole Mueller "investigation" has become, and how Mueller is trying to tear down all the institutions that make America Great!

Why do you hate America?

This continued narrow vision of just Trump is pretty entertaining.  I think it's my favorite shtick out of all of them, especially when they reply with it to posts that are showing what the commission of the investigation was fully about :lol:  
Its all they have to hope for now that the "no Russian contact" narrative has been blown out of the water.  Goalposts - gotta keep moving them.

It’s been dragged out with bits of evidence and information leaking out of blogs, the media, Twitter, the FBI, the administration, etc. with few verified sources.
Help me understand this aspect - I am not out searching for this stuff, so maybe its out there, but from where I sit, this has been the most tight-lipped investigation that I can recall.  I don't hear anything from the Special Counsel's office unless/until its in a legal filing.

I wonder if what you are hearing is coming from the Congressional hearings, and not coming from Mueller.

No American citizens in the indictments and no allegations of vote change/fraud 

Hence a Friday news dump

it is pretty interesting that the Russians were checking to see what they were googling ,

as corrupt and inept the FBI might be they did warn the DNC to get their act together 

Where's your evidence pal?  I still don't see any evidence.  This is just a witch hunt, by 12 Angry Democrats.  Its a shame you are too blind to see what a farce this whole Mueller "investigation" has become, and how Mueller is trying to tear down all the institutions that make America Great!

Why do you hate America?
What happened to the 13th one?  :confused:

Julia Davis‏ @JuliaDavisNews

From what I'm hearing on Russian state TV, I can surmise that Putin will blame not only Obama, but also Hillary Clinton for the deterioration of U.S.-Russia relations, #Crimea, etc. to create a real bonding experience with Trump. Trump will eat it up. The writing is on the wall.
Not even necessary imo.

Trump will sell us out for Trump Moscow in a heartbeat. 

From what I'm hearing on Russian state TV, I can surmise that Putin will blame not only Obama, but also Hillary Clinton for the deterioration of U.S.-Russia relations, #Crimea, etc. to create a real bonding experience with Trump. Trump will eat it up. The writing is on the wall.
Trump is counterintuitive, the indictments will likely drive him closer to Putin.

How many are regarding 1. The 2016 election AND 2. Trump or his campaign?  
Well, all of today was 2016 election.  Papajohns and Flynn are certainly related to Trump or his campaign.

And, there is no indication that Mueller is close to wrapping this up anytime soon.  Lots of evidence still to sift through. I would guess there is lots of evidence that we don't even know about yet. 

So, if you want to hang your hat on: "Hey the Russians hacked the DNC, and released information in an effort to help elect Donald Trump (and at least one congressional candidate asked for, and received stolen information), I don't see whats wrong with any of that!"

Then, that is your prerogative.  But, it looks to me like we, as in America, got bent over pretty hard.  And one party in particular seems to think that its acceptable, and we just need to put it all behind us and move on and be friends with the rapist.  Thats a pretty weird position to take.

I am not going to sit here and lie.

I am looking forward to the photoshoot of Trump and Putin bare-chested and riding bareback on a Russian bear hunt.

WAIT!

Are we supposed to throw out this part of the Russia investigation because of that whole "fruit from the taint tree" thing? I think Rudy says yes, but I think he also just tweeted no. 

So confusing. 

Mayor Rudy Giuliani‏Verified account @RudyGiuliani

FollowFollow @RudyGiuliani

More

Peter Strzok’s testimony was a disgrace. It taints the entire Mueller witchunt. President Trump is being investigated by people who possess pathological hatred for him. All the results of the investigation are “fruit of the poison tree” and should be dismissed.

More

The indictments Rod Rosenstein announced are good news for all Americans. The Russians are nailed. No Americans are involved. Time for Mueller to end this pursuit of the President and say President Trump is completely innocent.
hmm. What now?

I had never given much credence to the theories about the "Russia if you're listening" speech, but I have to now.  

southpaw‏ @nycsouthpaw

Worth noticing the language the Special Counsel used concerning the July 27 events: “after hours” and “for the first time” are both unnecessary to the charges and—it’s reasonable to conclude—intended to connect the efforts with Trump’s public comments that day.
As a lawyer, I've never done criminal work or worked for the government, but I've drafted complaints.  You choose every word carefully and intentionally.    

this filing today completely takes the steam out of yesteredays ridiculous dog and pony show doesnt it brohans man i remember when the rs cared about law and order what in the hell happened take that to the bank brochachos 

More

The indictments Rod Rosenstein announced are good news for all Americans. The Russians are nailed. No Americans are involved. Time for Mueller to end this pursuit of the President and say President Trump is completely innocent.

hmm. What now?
I am still struggling with this one - on what level was today's indictment "good news for all Americans"?

At even a superficial level, it shows Americans were "attacked" by a foreign government - hard to say that is good news.

If you dig a little deeper, you have a good 30-40% of Americans who have steadfastly argued that the Russians did not do anything, but that this was all hoax perpetrated by the DNC, Deep State, and a 400 pound hacker in New Jersey.  This can't possibly be good news for those people.

So, how is this "good news for all Americans?"

Alright let’s all set aside our poms poms and be real.  You genuinely believe Trump asked for it to happen? 
Does it really matter that much?  He asked for it, and they did it.  At a minimum he was incredibly reckless in encouraging a foreign adversary to commit a crime against American citizens- encouragement they seem to have taken to heart regardless of how serious he may have been.

If people wanted Clinton to be imprisoned or disqualified from public service for being "extremely careless" in her management of emails that contained a small amount of classified information, the punishment you should want for Donald Trump being, at a minimum, "extremely careless" in inviting a foreign adversary to commit crimes against Americans that would obviously allow them to obtain that classified information AND successfully getting them to do so should be orders of magnitude worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
this filing today completely takes the steam out of yesteredays ridiculous dog and pony show doesnt it brohans man i remember when the rs cared about law and order what in the hell happened take that to the bank brochachos 
It seems they took too many things to the (Deutsche) bank I fear and lost their patriotism along the way...

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
good point sinnhan it is not good news at all for anyone and frankly to even say it is out of political motivation just sorta shows what kind of a person rudy has become what a complete fall from grace for him take that to the bank bromigo 

Certainly takes Strzok and Page out of the news cycle for now. 

So you are more concerned with Obama "allowing" it to happen, but not concerned with Trump asking for it to happen?
Alright let’s all set aside our poms poms and be real.  You genuinely believe Trump asked for it to happen? 
Trump: Russia, if you're listening...

And it appears hours later, they set out to do exactly what he asked for.  

There's not much left to the imagination here between his appeal and Russian reaction, as we now have new information from today's indictments.

I had never given much credence to the theories about the "Russia if you're listening" speech, but I have to now.  

southpaw‏ @nycsouthpaw

Worth noticing the language the Special Counsel used concerning the July 27 events: “after hours” and “for the first time” are both unnecessary to the charges and—it’s reasonable to conclude—intended to connect the efforts with Trump’s public comments that day.
As a lawyer, I've never done criminal work or worked for the government, but I've drafted complaints.  You choose every word carefully and intentionally.    
so the information in that thing has probably already been put to use to flip witnesses etc right i mean if you are mueller you get that all set before you file this baby right you dont leave those people any time to start cooking books deleting things etc by this point you have them flipped or you have what you need against them right please give me your thoughts take that to the bank brochachos 

Does it really matter that much?  He asked for it, and they did it.  At a minimum he was incredibly reckless in encouraging a foreign adversary to commit a crime against American citizens- encouragement they seem to have taken to heart regardless of how serious he may have been.

If people wanted Clinton to be imprisoned or disqualified from public service for being "extremely careless" in her management of emails that contained a small amount of classified information, the punishment you should want for Donald Trump being, at a minimum, "extremely careless" in inviting a foreign adversary to commit crimes against Americans that would obviously allow them to obtain that classified information AND successfully getting them to do so should be orders of magnitude worse.
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread