What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 (and beyond) Waiver Wire Targets (Week 15 starts on Page 3) (2 Viewers)

Another name to think about (more for keeper leagues) is D'Onta Foreman. Was just activated from the PUP....don't really see a lot of value in redraft though

Some @@@hole in one of my leagues sitting at 4-9 and out of the playoffs outbid me on Wilson by $1. So I know he did it intentionally because it was to random of an amount. I bid all that I had left. Anyone else have tool bags in your leagues that do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some @@@hole in one of my leagues sitting at 4-9 and out of the playoffs outbid me on Wilson by $1. So I know he did it intentionally because it was to random of an amount. I bid all that I had left. Anyone else have tool bags in your leagues that do this.
Losers are locked on day 1 of the waivers. Unless this is a dynasty, you should consider doing the same!

Lol this guy thinks you should just give up and make life easy on the people who made play offs. Yeah I'll pass.

For my Sanders replacement, debating CSamuel, ZJones and Pettis. Shockingly, I find myself leaning Jones based on opportunity and upside (I say shockingly because I generally hate the "They gotta throw it to someone" argument). I don't trust Samuel at all (he and Moore seem to swap WR1 back and forth on a weekly basis). As for Pettis, I think he's probably the most talented, but I worry about a guy with an undefined role on a bad offense.

For my Sanders replacement, debating CSamuel, ZJones and Pettis. Shockingly, I find myself leaning Jones based on opportunity and upside (I say shockingly because I generally hate the "They gotta throw it to someone" argument). I don't trust Samuel at all (he and Moore seem to swap WR1 back and forth on a weekly basis). As for Pettis, I think he's probably the most talented, but I worry about a guy with an undefined role on a bad offense.
I have them ranked Jones, Pettis, Samuel. This is equivalent to the Jackson, Samuels, Wilson debate. Maybe I should start another thread lol.

I have them ranked Jones, Pettis, Samuel. This is equivalent to the Jackson, Samuels, Wilson debate. Maybe I should start another thread lol.
Sounds like we're thinking the same way. The hope is I would never have to start any of them (JSamuels and Reynolds currently ahead of them on depth chart). 

Sounds like we're thinking the same way. The hope is I would never have to start any of them (JSamuels and Reynolds currently ahead of them on depth chart). 
I just started a thread. Yeah unfortunately I will have to start one of them at flex unless I can get Samuels or Wilson off waivers (which I doubt). I will be starting one of them over Baldwin most likely.

Yes... worst to first waivers and I’m the 6 seed so I *should* have had first claim.  Bottom six teams are playing for nothing. TWO of the six teams out of it put in claims and won Samuels and Wilson. I’m forced to start Henry at RB2.  Commish said there’s no rule so there’s nothing he can do. Just wondering why two owners would be stupid enough to do this.  I will not be returning to this league.

Yes... worst to first waivers and I’m the 6 seed so I *should* have had first claim.  Bottom six teams are playing for nothing. TWO of the six teams out of it put in claims and won Samuels and Wilson. I’m forced to start Henry at RB2.  Commish said there’s no rule so there’s nothing he can do. Just wondering why two owners would be stupid enough to do this.  I will not be returning to this league.
Yeah that's awful! I was expecting this in our league but it didn't happen. I was at the back so I didn't get anything off waivers but a couple others in contention did.

Keeper league ?

Toilet Bowl with a prize?

Or are the 6 teams done for the year?

Super doosh move

With Malcom Brown out, is Kelly the handcuff to have for Gurley?  I think it was Kelly that I was really impressed with during the preseason games.  I remember thinking he might take Browns backup job.  I own Gurley in our keepers league and the league competes through week 17, so last year I was able to use Brown at the end of the season while they rested Gurley.  I'm looking at possibly doing the same thing this year with Kelly.

With Malcom Brown out, is Kelly the handcuff to have for Gurley?  I think it was Kelly that I was really impressed with during the preseason games.  I remember thinking he might take Browns backup job.  I own Gurley in our keepers league and the league competes through week 17, so last year I was able to use Brown at the end of the season while they rested Gurley.  I'm looking at possibly doing the same thing this year with Kelly.
yes

ITT: waaaaah why can't I have any player off waivers I want!!!

Dont come in the thread then if you dont like what's being discussed. You're probably one of those perennial non playoff participants who does that.
I'll do what I want. Thanks though. I made the playoffs in one league and missed it in the other. I'm that guy who made waiver moves on my non playoff team and I lost people to non playoff teams in the other. You play to win the game.

I'll do what I want. Thanks though. I made the playoffs in one league and missed it in the other. I'm that guy who made waiver moves on my non playoff team and I lost people to non playoff teams in the other. You play to win the game.
I don't get this. If you are a non-playoff team you are not playing anyone this week, right? So why would you be allowed to make any moves whatsoever. Your team should be essentially locked from making any moves.

I don't get this. If you are a non-playoff team you are not playing anyone this week, right? So why would you be allowed to make any moves whatsoever. Your team should be essentially locked from making any moves.
I'm in the sacko bowl actually. At this point we are playing to not be last.

I'm in the sacko bowl actually. At this point we are playing to not be last.
In my league we have a toilet bowl playoffs. Those teams are still allowed to make moves during the free for all period but are banned from doing so during the waivers period. No money is on the line (winner gets their choice of pick the next season) so they shouldn't impact the teams with money on the line. Maybe something to think about changing in your league for next year.

In my league we have a toilet bowl playoffs. Those teams are still allowed to make moves during the free for all period but are banned from doing so during the waivers period. No money is on the line (winner gets their choice of pick the next season) so they shouldn't impact the teams with money on the line. Maybe something to think about changing in your league for next year.
Eh it doesn't bother me really. It's just 3 weeks longer of everyone having access to waivers. Manage your waiver position/fa budget better and you have nothing to worry about.

Eh it doesn't bother me really. It's just 3 weeks longer of everyone having access to waivers. Manage your waiver position/fa budget better and you have nothing to worry about.
Not true in my case. Can’t manage worst to first waivers any better than being the last playoff team in a league where there is absolutely nothing at stake for the 7-12 teams. Definitely no toilet or sacko bowl either. 

I'm sure everyone here that has said it is weak is talking redraft
In redraft with no toilet bowl I get that they shouldn't be able too, but if there is no rule against it I would even consider doing it myself if I thought that one of my arch rivals was going to go for someone. The only solution is to make a rule change for next year, you are probably guaranteed to get at least 6 votes for the new rule.

I'm sure everyone here that has said it is weak is talking redraft
There should be a stipulation in all Redraft Bylaws in leagues without a Toilet Bowl.

"Any team eliminated from the playoffs after the final regular season game, is NOT allowed to make any further transactions. (your season is over)"

In redraft with no toilet bowl I get that they shouldn't be able too, but if there is no rule against it I would even consider doing it myself if I thought that one of my arch rivals was going to go for someone. The only solution is to make a rule change for next year, you are probably guaranteed to get at least 6 votes for the new rule.
On the flip side, if someone you like is in playoffs with 1st waiver, why not drop a good player he needs so he can get him? Same logic. Unless the non playoff teams in redraft are playing for draft slots, they should be locked. 

The posts that mentioned Josh Allen might be onto something for this week anyways. Running yards plus a good matchup, could do worse in a 2 qb or best ball league.

And this is why we fantasy football, folks.

What a mess of a backfield that will be with Martin, Anderson, Richard... maybe Lynch comes back? Doubtful especially with the signing of Anderson. Either way, that seems like a mess to try to figure out.
Are you seriously thinking anyone is going to touch any of these backs this year (PS you forgot DeAndre Washington)? The only back that's anywhere near a whiff is Richard in PPR but gods help you if you are relying on him for the playoffs. My prediction is that only one back on the current active roster returns next year -- Richard. The rest get shipped as they usher in Chris Warren.

I think we can all agree that if there is a toilet bowl/non-championship and teams are actually playing, even if there is zero chance in hell of them winning/advancing in the banana heats, then there is zero problem with retaining worst to first waivers and allowing them to make moves. 

However if they are literally out of any playoffs and do not face off against anyone, it's a pretty d!ck move to be making claims.

This does not make sense to me.  Why are they still playing?  If they are still playing, as you indicate, then it seems logical that they would continue to make waiver wire moves.  Even if they are playing games which have zero playoff implications, it makes sense that they would play to win and utilize all available avenues to achieve that, including the waiver wire.  Would you extend your logic to a team in Week #12 which has already been mathematically eliminated?  I actually applaud team owners who continue participating after they are out of the race.  If we expect them to set a lineup, why should we be surprised when they make a waiver wire move?   Understand your league rules and budget your waiver money accordingly.

If a team's season has concluded, however, and they are no longer playing games, then they should not be participating in waiver wire moves.  

Address this by amending your rules in the offseason.  

On the flip side, if someone you like is in playoffs with 1st waiver, why not drop a good player he needs so he can get him? Same logic. Unless the non playoff teams in redraft are playing for draft slots, they should be locked. 
No, that would be viewed as collusion, even if the other owner didn't know about it. This thread should be a lesson to all leagues to review your rules or start a toilet bowl (which is what I wold subscribe to since everyone stays interested and playing til the end).

"Im forced to start Henry".  Looks like you got the last laugh.  And what a mighty laugh it was! Start planning for next week!

Users who are viewing this thread