What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (2 Viewers)

Ray Barboni said:
I haven’t been invested in any way ... just think it’s weird that you “loved” this post from late September.

Sheesh.
Dumb dumbs get excited when they are right and they get to call other people dumb dumbs. A broken clock is right twice a day and they feel the need to gloat during those two minutes. 

Blue has never really impressed me in Houston and I'm doubtful we'll really see Foreman this year. It seems like it'd be a good fit for him to have opportunities and Houston to benefit from another vet in the locker room.

Welcome back...Been a while.
:rolleyes:  I think I ended up with CJA on 2 best ball teams for around 2.5% of my budget, so despite your insistence of bias I think this is pretty clearly a case of logic vs. hope. People who thought CJA would be get Stewart's role saw Carolina give an ineffective, broken down Stewart ~200 carries last season while CJA was quite efficient. We were merely expecting the coaches to stay the course now that they upgraded. Thirsty CMC owners were guaranteeing a sharp shift in game plan based on hope and coach speak. Logic would dictate that to be unlikely, but like I said, a broken clock is right twice a day. Sometimes the unlikely outcome happens and people who are used to being wrong get overexcited and come into threads to beat their chests. It's pretty funny to watch.

FF Ninja said:
:rolleyes:  I think I ended up with CJA on 2 best ball teams for around 2.5% of my budget, so despite your insistence of bias I think this is pretty clearly a case of logic vs. hope. People who thought CJA would be get Stewart's role saw Carolina give an ineffective, broken down Stewart ~200 carries last season while CJA was quite efficient. We were merely expecting the coaches to stay the course now that they upgraded. Thirsty CMC owners were guaranteeing a sharp shift in game plan based on hope and coach speak. Logic would dictate that to be unlikely, but like I said, a broken clock is right twice a day. Sometimes the unlikely outcome happens and people who are used to being wrong get overexcited and come into threads to beat their chests. It's pretty funny to watch.
Please point to where I insisted you were biased? As I recall you called me a CMC Homer, so sounds like you are the one calling me biased. 

Well guess I used up both my “rights” in this case. CMC has and can handle the workload > 200 carries and C.J. Anderson would not reach 200. 

You literally were wrong on everything. CMC carries, CJA carries, who called who biased/homer.

You see yourself as logical and I do not. Your key logic flaws were 1) You ignored what CMC was able to do in college 2) You ignored that it might take a rookie some time to get up to speed, be effective at the next level 3) You ignored the trend of CMC’s usage/effectiveness down the stretch in 2017, 4) Given that effectiveness/usage you couldn’t see the possibility that CAR would use CMC in line with that trend (or even moreso).

Other than that you were dead on. 

Please point to where I insisted you were biased? As I recall you called me a CMC Homer, so sounds like you are the one calling me biased. 

Well guess I used up both my “rights” in this case. CMC has and can handle the workload > 200 carries and C.J. Anderson would not reach 200. 

You literally were wrong on everything. CMC carries, CJA carries, who called who biased/homer.

You see yourself as logical and I do not. Your key logic flaws were 1) You ignored what CMC was able to do in college 2) You ignored that it might take a rookie some time to get up to speed, be effective at the next level 3) You ignored the trend of CMC’s usage/effectiveness down the stretch in 2017, 4) Given that effectiveness/usage you couldn’t see the possibility that CAR would use CMC in line with that trend (or even moreso).

Man, I sure hope that you’re never wrong moving forward.  

I think before the season started that almost all of the CMC proponents - of whom I have demonstrated repeatedly that I am one - would not have guessed that he would get this much work and that CJA would not fit in to the point that he’d get so little work that he became completely expendable.  I totally misread CJA being useless.

If you foretold this entire scenario before the season started, please forward it here so we can all bask in your greatness. 

Man, I sure hope that you’re never wrong moving forward.  

I think before the season started that almost all of the CMC proponents - of whom I have demonstrated repeatedly that I am one - would not have guessed that he would get this much work and that CJA would not fit in to the point that he’d get so little work that he became completely expendable.  I totally misread CJA being useless.

If you foretold this entire scenario before the season started, please forward it here so we can all bask in your greatness. 
It’s more about some folks here being  smug that they and those who think like them are “logical” (as in this case)  and everyone else is simply “hoping/guessing/homers” and even when they are wrong they try to discredit those who called the situation correctly. 

My suns too bright, you’ll get burned.

You are so wrong on each and every one of your assumptions about my logic, but it appears I was correct about you being a CMC homer. My logic was not based at all on CMC himself, but on the coaches usage habits. I was never one of the people who said CMC would break down with a high workload. I don't even think I cared about his yards per carry. The only thing notable was Stewart still getting carries despite being ineffective. They replaced Stewart with a player who actually was effective in 2017. 

I'm all for coaches making changes, especially when they work out, but for fantasy purposes it's usually best to read into what they've actually done rather than what they say (I think we all remember the quote about running CJ Spiller until he puked and then actually running him lightly in a RBBC). While there was a chance for change with a new OC, we witnessed Norv pulling Ryan Mathews off the field for Tolbert, so would it really surprise anyone to see Norv pull CMC off the field for CJA?

The coaches zigged when their tendencies said they'd zag. Congrats on buying into the coach speak hard. I'm sure that works out for you most of the time.  :sarcasm: I'm not surprised you taking this rare opportunity to gloat.

You are so wrong on each and every one of your assumptions about my logic, but it appears I was correct about you being a CMC homer. My logic was not based at all on CMC himself, but on the coaches usage habits. I was never one of the people who said CMC would break down with a high workload. I don't even think I cared about his yards per carry. The only thing notable was Stewart still getting carries despite being ineffective. They replaced Stewart with a player who actually was effective in 2017. 

I'm all for coaches making changes, especially when they work out, but for fantasy purposes it's usually best to read into what they've actually done rather than what they say (I think we all remember the quote about running CJ Spiller until he puked and then actually running him lightly in a RBBC). While there was a chance for change with a new OC, we witnessed Norv pulling Ryan Mathews off the field for Tolbert, so would it really surprise anyone to see Norv pull CMC off the field for CJA?

The coaches zigged when their tendencies said they'd zag. Congrats on buying into the coach speak hard. I'm sure that works out for you most of the time.  :sarcasm: I'm not surprised you taking this rare opportunity to gloat.
So you can’t point out where I called you biased? Is that right? Can you admit anything? Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone? Didn’t think so, so very typical of you.

It was pointed out to to you that “broken down” Stewart’s usage was scaled way back when CMC’s went up, but you chose to ignore this fact. 

Why are you talking about you not saying CMC would break down? I didn’t say you did say this. I am saying that you clearly missed the trend and the possibility of CMC’s usage being higher than expected that many of us saw. He was on pace for this kind of Load in the back half of 2017. You jut missed it and unsurprisingly aren’t willing to own it. You’re a prize man a real prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo any word on if CJA is getting any looks from teams he could get work or safe to drop in redraft?
I have to imagine he signs somewhere. Pitt makes too much sense, especially how pedestrian Ridley looks. Samuel has potential, but he’s just a rookie. I’d rather have C.J. over Ridley any day of the week 

Anyone have any insight as to what happened to CJ’s game other than being behind McCaffrey? Did he just get lazy/fat, etc.

He has always produced, coming off a 1K season, not that much tread on the tires, and not that old even by RB standards. 

We’ve seen RBs quickly fall off the cliff before, but this one perplexes me.

So you can’t point out where I called you biased? Is that right? Can you admit anything? Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone? Didn’t think so, so very typical of you.

It was pointed out to to you that “broken down” Stewart’s usage was scaled way back when CMC’s went up, but you chose to ignore this fact. 

Why are you talking about you not saying CMC would break down? I didn’t say you did say this. I am saying that you clearly missed the trend and the possibility of CMC’s usage being higher than expected that many of us saw. He was on pace for this kind of Load in the back half of 2017. You jut missed it and unsurprisingly aren’t willing to own it. You’re a prize man a real prize.
I'm not really worried about if you called me biased or not. So not sure what you're on about with that first line. You off your meds?

Half season splits have proven to be indicators of nothing. It's a fun exercise to see how players ended the season, but over a large sample they are not indicative of future usage or performance. 

You said I missed what CMC did in college, which I assume you meant "handled a large workload" which would counter some people's argument that he couldn't handle a full NFL workload. Seemed like that's what you were implying with that comment. What were you actually implying?

I didn't miss anything. I played the odds. Congrats to you for getting lucky. Please continue to gloat about it. It's a good look. We're all very impressed. It's like the vets tell the rookies when they score a TD... act like you've been there before. I guess this is a first for you.

Anyone have any insight as to what happened to CJ’s game other than being behind McCaffrey? Did he just get lazy/fat, etc.

He has always produced, coming off a 1K season, not that much tread on the tires, and not that old even by RB standards. 

We’ve seen RBs quickly fall off the cliff before, but this one perplexes me.
What was wrong with CJ's game? He was averaging 4.3 ypc, right near his career average and his best since 2015. He just wasn't being used; 24 carries and 3 targets in 9 games. 

What was wrong with CJ's game? He was averaging 4.3 ypc, right near his career average and his best since 2015. He just wasn't being used; 24 carries and 3 targets in 9 games. 
Which is why it’s strange they outright cut him. And it’s not like he was making a lot of coin.

FF Ninja said:
I'm not really worried about if you called me biased or not. So not sure what you're on about with that first line. You off your meds?

Half season splits have proven to be indicators of nothing. It's a fun exercise to see how players ended the season, but over a large sample they are not indicative of future usage or performance. 

You said I missed what CMC did in college, which I assume you meant "handled a large workload" which would counter some people's argument that he couldn't handle a full NFL workload. Seemed like that's what you were implying with that comment. What were you actually implying?

I didn't miss anything. I played the odds. Congrats to you for getting lucky. Please continue to gloat about it. It's a good look. We're all very impressed. It's like the vets tell the rookies when they score a TD... act like you've been there before. I guess this is a first for you.
Both of you keep it 100% on football and not on each other. Thanks. 

Free agent C.J. Anderson will visit with the Chiefs on Monday.

Anderson is expected to sign if he passes his physical. He'll give the Chiefs another back behind Spencer Ware after cutting ties with Kareem Hunt. Anderson managed 4.3 YPC in nine games (24 carries) with the Panthers before getting released last month. He'll push for committee work in Kansas City.

Raiders signed RB C.J. Anderson.

Anderson was released by the Panthers in mid-November after failing to carve out a role behind Christian McCaffrey. Luckily for Anderson, there isn't anyone in Oakland's backfield like CMC but that doesn't mean he's going to see a lot of work. Anderson will join Gruden's committee of Doug Martin and Jalen Richard when he eventually makes his Raiders debut. This is a coming home signing for the Bay Area native.

Team signs CJA Tuesday and suddenly today Doug Martin’s knee doesn’t look so good. I’m taking a flier on him. 

I play in a double flex league and just lost Conner(for now), AJ Green and has to start Doug Martin. I just need a warm body at this point and 7-10 pts would be fine by me. Don’t need him to carry me, just not lay a dud. Thankfully I have a bye so I can wait and see. If not I didn’t lose anything or dropped anyone of note anyways. 

Not too worried about Washington who fumbled last game, maybe CJA can get some “meaningful” work in a week or two. 

This is a potential golden opportunity for Anderson to audition for other teams next year. He's still only 27 years old and may attract some interest given the FA and rookie crop.

Not too worried about Washington who fumbled last game, maybe CJA can get some “meaningful” work in a week or two. 
Richard and Martin also fumbled, so that might open up an opportunity. Although hard to see Chucky punishing Richard too much for that  - he has otherwise been really good this year.

I current own Richard. Not sure I need two Raiders in my life but he could definitely see production down the stretch.
In the same boat. Although despite the recent Richard/Charlie Garner comparisons and the fact that Richard seems to produce whenever he touches the ball, Chucky doesn't seem willing to give Richard much work in the running game. So there is some early down work to be had, whether it's Martin or CJ.

In the same boat. Although despite the recent Richard/Charlie Garner comparisons and the fact that Richard seems to produce whenever he touches the ball, Chucky doesn't seem willing to give Richard much work in the running game. So there is some early down work to be had, whether it's Martin or CJ.
That’s actually right in line with what we should expect if Richard = Garner.

Remember Tyronne Wheatley?

cmac is getting 200 carries.  where is this coming from?

jeaton's dreams

not to pile on but Jeez guys, CMC is at 160 carries with 4 games to go, an he has a whopping 80 catches. The ship sailed on CJA along time ago.....

hindsight 20/20 and all that, but this was a real easy situation to see....

not to pile on but Jeez guys, CMC is at 160 carries with 4 games to go, an he has a whopping 80 carries. The ship sailed on CJA along time ago.....

hindsight 20/20 and all that, but this was a real easy situation to see....
A broken clock is right twice a day. But in these forums, those broken clocks are going to kick and scream until you recognize they were right those two minutes out of the day...

A broken clock is right twice a day. But in these forums, those broken clocks are going to kick and scream until you recognize they were right those two minutes out of the day...
Can I scrape some of the salt dripping from your posts unto my eggs. THey are underseasoned. Buddy, you don't need to be captain save a thread. If guys are right, let them be right. Even if it is only twice a day. Sheesh.

Can I scrape some of the salt dripping from your posts unto my eggs. THey are underseasoned. Buddy, you don't need to be captain save a thread. If guys are right, let them be right. Even if it is only twice a day. Sheesh.
Thank you for digging this thread out from like page 26 to add this. Exactly the type of bump this thread needed.

Thank you for digging this thread out from like page 26 to add this. Exactly the type of bump this thread needed.
God knows CJ Anderson isn't doing anything to bump this thread. Posts like these are what make fantasy football fun when players aren't doing anything of relevance. I have been on the receiving end of quite a few told you so posts. They sting a little, but I TRY not to steal the joy from the guy who made the correct call. We are wrong more times than we are right. That is why it feels good to come in and collect propers. I liked that post from September because he had the unpopular opinion but stood his ground. My quote was my way of saying, great call. Nothing more. 

Peace

Rams signed RB C.J. Anderson.

With Todd Gurley dealing with knee inflammation, the Rams are taking out a Week 16 insurance policy. Were Gurley to sit against the Cardinals' soft run defense, CJA would likely see immediate run alongside existing backups John Kelly and Justin Davis.
Championship week... Gurley sits you think he'd get a lot of burn. Thoughts?

Somehow I doubt anyone would play Anderson in their fantasy championship unless they are truly desperate. 
People ran to Damien Williams and John Kelly because they had fantastic opportunities, not too different here IF Gurley sits. CJA is still a effective back in this league. There could be people who are in dire straits at RB right now.

Have TG3 and CMC.  If TG3 goes down I'm not desperate due to CMC still being in my lineup but having to turn to Theo Riddick or Chris Thompson (yes it's a PPR) is far from ideal.  CJ might just be an option.  But god I hope not.

Anderson's release from Carolina seemingly left the Panthers short behind McCaffrey, but they explained they were allowing a frustrated Anderson the opportunity to explore his options. That was a curious move, but I accepted their explanation.  What is troubling to me, however, is how quickly Oakland pulled the plug.  That leaves me wondering just how much Anderson has to offer.  Am I reading too much into these moves?

Anderson's release from Carolina seemingly left the Panthers short behind McCaffrey, but they explained they were allowing a frustrated Anderson the opportunity to explore his options. That was a curious move, but I accepted their explanation.  What is troubling to me, however, is how quickly Oakland pulled the plug.  That leaves me wondering just how much Anderson has to offer.  Am I reading too much into these moves?
Oakland also pulled the plug on Amari Cooper and Khalil Mack.

I held J. Kelly all freaking year in case Gurley couldn't play and now I have to worry about this guy?!?!??   I won't be picking up or playing Anderson, but the signing muddies the waters too much to play Kelly.  :kicksrock:

It’s all together possible that this addition has nothing to do with Gurley. Don’t forget that Justin Davis is hurt. If he can’t go that would have left the Rams with only two healty rb’s on the roster and one of them has about ten carries in his NFL career

nope you are right he doesn't have much to offer....John Kelly would get the touches if Gurley gets rest Im guessing....CJA will be cut before the playoffs start again....

Users who are viewing this thread