What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

Hell with it i'm dying and riding with some of the big boys this year

QB - Drew Brees - 16
QB - Ben Roethlisberger - 14

RB - Alvin Kamara - 33
RB - Chris Carson - 18
RB - Matt Breida - 9
RB - Devin Singletary - 8
RB - Malcolm Brown - 4

WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - 30
WR - Keenan Allen - 25
WR - Michael Gallup - 10
WR - Josh Gordon - 6
WR - D.J. Chark - 5

TE - Travis Kelce - 29
TE - George Kittle - 25

PK - Mason Crosby - 5
PK - Chris Boswell - 4

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 5
TD - Carolina Panthers - 4

QB - Jared Goff - LAR/9 - $14
QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/8 - $12

I couldn't justify spending more than mid-20's on this position as the cost/benefit did not seem to favor spending more than this.  Winston also appeared in many line-ups.  Ultimately, I feel better with Goff over him.  I can see going 3 QBs if you are going with 3 under $10.  However, adding Flacco or Darnold was money better spent elsewhere.

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - DAL/8 - $33
RB - Nick Chubb - CLE/7 - $25
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9
RB - Matt Breida - SF/4 - $9
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6 - $8

I am hoping for at least 1 startable score each week from Duke/Breida/Singletary.  Chubb was the one constant RB as I put his value more in the $30 range.  I really wanted to get on the Kerryon bandwagon but just couldn't as I just see them splitting work like the Patriots.  After Lamar Miller's injury, I felt comfortable switching from Freeman & Jacobs to Kamara & Duke.  Zeke replaced Kamara as I see more value in Zeke with Kamara's TDs declining and Zeke's increasing from last year although Zeke does have a higher chance of injury due to the holdout and the number of carries/hits he takes.  Carson was in the lineup almost the entire time but he got cut in exchange for Breida with the $9 used to upgrade from Kittle to Kelce and $5 more for kickers and a defense.

WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster - PIT/7 - $30
WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA/11 - $19
WR - Allen Robinson - CHI/6 - $17
WR - Dede Westbrook - JAX/10 - $13
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6

Lockett and Westbrook have been in almost all of my lineups.  I also like having at least one high priced target hog who can pretty much nail down 1 starting spot each week.  I like JuJu a lot as he should get a ton of targets and he does not have injury concerns like Jones or Evans.  However, I did try downgrading JuJu to get a 6th WR but I don't like the WRs in the mid-20s due to their late byes, their injury history, or the Rams having 3 on the $20 list. If forced, it would have been Boyd and Moncrief replacing JuJu.  Robinson almost got downgraded in place of Carson to get Kelce.  However, I just saw my WRs as too weak with Tyrell, Gallup, and Samuel in that spot.  MVS and E. Sanders were more strongly considered but caused bye week problems.  I am hoping that Robinson's target surge at the end of last year continues into this one.

TE - Travis Kelce - KC/12 - $29
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9

I wanted Kittle's early bye but just saw too much value in Kelce as he puts up decent scores pretty much every week.  Therefore, I allowed myself one player with a week 12 bye since most others will have someone on bye that week also.  Andrews seemed like the best value for a backup. I also like Hockenson but I can't go with a rookie TE for $10.

PK - Aldrick Rosas - NYG/11 - $4
PK - Matt Prater - DET/5 - $4

Most time I had 2 $3 kickers in my  lineup with Carlson and Siebert.  However, I like the job security of the $4 kickers much better.

TD - Pittsburgh Steelers - PIT/7 - $6
TD - New York Jets - NYJ/4 - $3

Cincinnati and the Jets were in almost every iteration.  Most other years I go 3 cheap Ds.  However, Pittsburgh's playoff schedule consists of Arizona, Buffalo, and the Jets so I freed up $3 to upgrade from Cincy.

Overall, I don't like having only 18 players as I usually have 23-25 with 3 more WRs, another K, and another D but I just don't see the value in low cost this year. 

The starting lineup is Zeke, Chubb, Duke, JuJU, Lockett, Robinson & Kelce with Westbrook as the primary backup.  I feel good about this. 

I don't feel good about Chubb and JuJu both having a week 7 bye.  However, I see a very large dropoff between Chubb and Freeman/Kerryon or the others in that area so Chubb stays.

True.

besides, I just found the smartest person in this topic & copied their lineup. 

Easy. 🏆 
The smartest person has not posted their lineup yet.  They will start working on their lineup after 11:00pm tonight and have it done in about 10 minutes instead of wasting countless hours trying to decide which $3 defense is best.  

The smartest person has not posted their lineup yet.  They will start working on their lineup after 11:00pm tonight and have it done in about 10 minutes instead of wasting countless hours trying to decide which $3 defense is best.  
That's me cstruck...just filled it in now.....will post tomorrow....GL to all

Obviously I was talking about myself. :rolleyes:

I've paid no attention to this thread and who the favorite cheap sleepers being discussed might be.  

QB - Kirk Cousins - MIN/12 - $12
QB - Tom Brady - NE/10 - $11
RB - LeVeon Bell - NYJ/4 - $29
RB - Derrick Henry - TEN/11 - $21
RB - David Montgomery - CHI/6 - $18
RB - Frank Gore - BUF/6 - $4
WR - Mike Evans - TB/7 - $27
WR - Tyler Boyd - CIN/9 - $20
WR - Mike Williams - LAC/12 - $16
TE - Evan Engram - NYG/11 - $18
TE - T.J. Hockenson - DET/5 - $10
PK - Matt Gay - TB/7 - $3
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/6 - $3
PK - Austin Seibert - CLE/7 - $3
TD - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/11 - $5
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/12 - $4

Holloway Team Contest 2019

I varied from two to three and had the Jackson/Allen combo for the majority of the time, but backed out of Allen to Goff yesterday after his contract extension. Only going with two because I just didn't trust Rosen or Daniel Jones enough and needed the funds elsewhere. Even if Gurley is actually healthy, I see them limiting his carries and the rushing game and see additional production for Goff and his awesome WR trio. I trust the chatter on Jackson's improvement over year one and he was a staple of my team construction from jump. The earlier bye week for Goff also factored into him replacing Allen.

RB - Kerryon Johnson - DET/5 - $23
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18

I wanted to identify as many value picks at RB as possible to limit spending for the remaining positions. With 0.5 ppr for RBs, I wanted running backs who should see a healthy number of carries and were not dependent totally on the passing game. All of these guys have moved up the rankings and projections since the contest prices were announced, so I like the relative value of all five of them. None of the five bye weeks match up, so as long as the quintet remains healthy, I will have four going each week.

WR - Allen Robinson - CHI/6 - $17
WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $10
WR - Donte Moncrief - PIT/7 - $10
WR - Quincy Enunwa - NYJ/4 - $6
WR - Taylor Gabriel - CHI/6 - $5

I chose a combination of deep threats and what I hope to be heavily targeted wide receivers. I altered the players the most by far in the wide receiver group. No rookies on the roster and only one second year guy. Experienced without being old. Moncrief has not yet lived up to expectations, but I am hoping for a solid year in Pittsburgh. Gabriel is the only bye week repeater and I anticipate using him three weeks or so, but hopefully with a long touchdown each time.

TE - Hunter Henry - LAC/12 - $17
TE - Chris Herndon - NYJ/4 - $8
TE - Darren Waller - OAK/6 - $8
TE - Tyler Kroft - BUF/6 - $4

My tight ends were Engram and Andrews from the start and I only switched off Engram the last couple of days, when I decided to go deep with upside at the position with 1.5 ppr scoring. As an Arkansas alum, I am hopeful that Hunter Henry can stay healthy and break out this year, especially in the red zone. Kroft may not play for a few weeks and Herndon is out until week six, but I really like this group and hope to use this group often as one of the flex scores. Moving off Engram reduced my week 11 bye week exposure and allowed me to build depth here.

PK - Cairo Santos - TEN/11 - $4
PK - Randy Bullock - CIN/9 - $3

Three kickers has always seemed the sweet spot and I am hopeful that all three can keep their jobs all season. Only one kicks for a good offense, but I hope that the Titans and Bengals can get it close enough to try lots of field goals.

TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - JAX/10 - $7
TD - Dallas Cowboys - DAL/8 - $5

I love the Jaguars defense this season as I expect them to be hungry and also have an improved offense. I am not a Cowboy's fan, but their defense has some serious speed and starts off with several games against weak opponents. The Jets were the best of the cheap options to get three, which is my target for defenses also.

Good luck to all and thanks for everyone in this thread who kept the discussion alive and active in a long, slow August.

Last edited by a moderator:
made one change yesterday around 5pm est.

made another today around 5pm est.  dropped from 23 to 20 roster.

much fun as always.  good luck to all and thanks for the camaraderie.

:football:

made one change yesterday around 5pm est.

made another today around 5pm est.  dropped from 23 to 20 roster.

much fun as always.  good luck to all and thanks for the camaraderie.

:football:
Dropped my rooster from 22 to 20 today. Tempted to go 19 stud team but held the line with two maximum effort boom guys instead of one strong WR. 

Good luck!!!!!

Tried 3 styles.

tried a 23 man roster

then a 20

then an 18

i liked the 18 the most. Can’t play scared. Go team. 

Good luck everyone! 

Past the line so I will not edit anymore.

Will post tomorrow per tradition (and superstition)  :ninja:

I know also by tradition the actual locking occurs somewhere late at night - like 3 or 4 am but I don't touch it after midnight.

Going with my smallest roster in a long time - 24 :scared:

Made about a zillion changes on the last night as usual and ended up in a completely unexpected place with some of my choices - also as usual.

Looking forward to seeing all the roosters :boxing:

-QG

Done. 24 man roster.

3 QBs, which feels wrong this year. But I don’t think you can survive long w/ a turd week @ QB and one of my 3 is Brees, who’s kind of feast-or-famine. Jackson and Mariota are the other 2. Marcus is probably useless, but I figure he’s lightly owned and this is a critical year for him.

5 RBs. Dalvin and Jones are my “studs”. Rounded out w/ chalk “breakouts” — Jackson, Breida, Singletary. 

8 WRs, none over $15 (Watkins). Have James Washington next, who I really like in a best-ball. I think he has a big year, albeit inconsistent. MVS next. Like his potential for a big game. Desean, Sanu, and Goodwin next. They all seemed reasonably priced. Finished w/ 2 Pats — Josh and Dorsett. Who knows who will suck up Gronk’s targets?

3 TEs. Engram, Hooper, Waller. Someone has to catch the ball for NYG, right. Been a Hooper fan for a while. Waller seemed cheap for his situation. 

3 PK. Went 3 b/c it’s so random. 

2 DST — Seattle and Buffalo. Because. 

QB - Carson Wentz  -10
QB - Sam Darnold  - 4

I'm confident in Wentz's health and a return to 2017 form, along with multiple weapons....so many in fact, that I didn't feel confident snagging  any 1 to stack him with. I originally had Lamar Jackson here, but needed some dollars, so I'm betting on a huge jump in Darnold's 2nd year.  Also hoping Gase remembers his Denver(Manning) years, and that Miami was an aberration.

RB - Chris Carson - 11
RB - Austin Ekeler - 12 
RB - Miles Sanders  - 10
RB - Duke Johnson - 10  
RB - Matt Breida - 4  
RB - Devin Singletary - 6

Carson should improve on a sneakily impressive 2018 with increased pass targets.  He is clearly better than Penny in the current blocking scheme.  I especially like Ekeler's early schedule and foresee PPR value even if Gordon returns this season. He can co-exist with Jackson  & produce like a RB2/RB3, IMO.  Sanders and Singletary are 2 of my rookie RB choices this year to take over the bulk of the carries by end of year. I think Sanders has ROY potential.  Had to have Duke this year, I guess? Hoping that chip on his shoulder he displayed in Cleveland results in RB2 production.  Breida is better than Coleman, just hope Shanahan realizes it too.

WR - Julio Jones - 9  
WR - Tyler Lockett  - 11
WR - Emmanuel Sanders - 10
WR - Jamison Crowder - 4
WR - John Brown - 6 
WR - Trey Quinn - 10  

Julio's a stud and I picked him all draft season whenever possible (13 dome games this year).  I drafted Lockett all preseason whenever possible due to Baldwin's retirement and increased target projection.   Flacco's main guy always gets targetted a lot and IMO a great value for $13.  Darnold/Crowder is my lone stack, mainly due to Anderson's potentially tough matchups vs CB 1's this year.  Also Gase likes 11 personnel and his slot guys (Welker/Landry).  Brown runs deep routes and Josh Allen likes to throw it deep.   Took a flyer on Quinn because Keenum loves throwing to his slot guy with every team he's been with.  Richardson is meh(being nice here I think), & McLaurin's a rook. Reed's always injured(hadn't cleared concussion protocol as of this posting) and Vernon Davis could very well be inline blocking a majority of the time, especially if the LT doesn't end his holdout. Davis also hasn't done anything special lately when Reed's been injured.  Haskins could take over at some point I'm sure, but Quinn should be a key target due to the team constantly being in catch up/garbage time mode.

TE - Travis Kelce - 12:  
TE - Mark Andrews - 8:
TE - C.J. Uzomah - 9:  

Kelce in an uber stud with KC these days.  I like Andrew's match up in week 12 (@ LA Rams) when Kelce is on bye.  That's one week that Baltimore will HAVE to throw the ball to keep pace,. He has upside each week.  Prior to choosing Uzomah, I previously had Vernon Davis here, but couldn't see myself relying on 2 Washington players.  Cincy has been limiting Eifert's snaps since last year and has used CJ in some interesting packages during the PS(Got that tidbit from Dodds on an 'On the Couch' episode).  Doubt he'll get the RZ chances-while Eifert's healthy, that is-but with AJ Green and John Ross not being able to stay healthy I winged it here.  Easily my hunchiest pick.

PK - Randy Bullock -9
PK - Matt Gay -7
PK - Daniel Carlson -6

3 cheapos  with decent offenses.  Wanted a dome guy but couldn't swing the extra dollar without screwing up a lineup I really liked.

TD - New York Jets - 4:   Liked their schedule all draft season, but almost didn't go with them due to the DB injuries and losing a starting LB for the year.
TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 7:  They sucked last year pretty badly, but I'm betting on Arians/Bowles knowing how to fix their issues from last year.

Currently doing Irish Car Bombs and Smithwich tap at an AFTER HURRICANE Dorian party in Cocoa Beach, so ......please forgive typos/grammar good luck all!!

Cheers  🍺

B - Patrick Mahomes - KC/12 - $27
QB - Sam Darnold - NYJ/4 - $9

Darnold will probably be a swing player that makes or breaks this team. Loved him from day one at USC, he has the weapons.

RB - Christian McCaffrey - CAR/7 - $35
RB - David Montgomery - CHI/6 - $18
RB - Tarik Cohen - CHI/6 - $18

This group depends on health, McCaffrey staying the true only back. I had Saquon all the way up to today but the G-Men lack of a passing game scared me off.

WR - Anthony Miller - CHI/6 - $12
WR - DeSean Jackson - PHI/10 - $11
WR - Jamison Crowder - NYJ/4 - $11
WR - Paul Richardson - WAS/10 - $7

Give me something from three every week

TE - O.J. Howard - TB/7 - $18

This pair should do something big

PK - Dan Bailey - MIN/12 - $4

Cheap dollars good kickers

TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/6 - $10

Heavy on the Bears again. I like what they toss on the field across the board on D. SEA was a bargain at half the price.

Well, I guess I went with a studs strategy. 

QB - Patrick Mahomes - 27
QB - Tom Brady - 11

Should be good at QB. 

RB - James White - 19
RB - David Montgomery - 18
RB - Chris Carson - 18
RB - Matt Breida - 9

went kinda cheap at RB. 

WR - Tyreek Hill - 31
WR - Chris Godwin - 22
WR - Cooper Kupp - 20
WR - Christian Kirk - 15
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - 11

now we’re talking. 

TE - Evan Engram - 18
TE - Darren Waller - 8

only need Waller for 1 week hopefully. 

PK - Dustin Hopkins - 4
PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Steve Hauschka - 3

just tryina fill up spots. 

TD - Chicago Bears - 10
TD - New York Jets - 3

Hopefully the Jets D gives me 1 good game week 10. 

Easily the smallest I’ve ever gone.

QB - Drew Brees - 16
QB - Matthew Stafford - 10

Old reliables. Felt like Stafford and Detroit as a whole was big value with their talent and early bye.

RB - Nick Chubb - 25
RB - Mark Ingram - 20
RB - Derrius Guice - 17
RB - Jalen Richard - 9
RB - Darwin Thompson - 5

As a Saints fan, I believe Ingram + Baltimore is a match made in heaven. Guice will be everything in DC. 

WR - Mike Evans - 27
WR - Tyler Lockett - 19
WR - Allen Robinson - 17
WR - Dede Westbrook - 13
WR - Josh Gordon - 6

All number ones with red zone priority.

TE - George Kittle - 25
TE - T.J. Hockenson - 10
TE - Mark Andrews - 9

Kittle and Andrews should be heavily targeted. Hock May be what Staff has dreamed of.

PK - Justin Tucker - 7
PK - Matt Prater - 4

TD - Philadelphia Eagles - 6
TD - Dallas Cowboys - 5

Closed now :)

Does anyone else think it's odd that FBG shows the price but not the bye week now? 

QB - Carson Wentz - 19
QB - Lamar Jackson - 12

Looks like a popular duo. One top option, another who could have some huge games.

328 have this tandem.

RB - Nick Chubb - 25
RB - Chris Carson - 18
RB - LeSean McCoy - 16
RB - Matt Breida - 9

Ended up being one of maybe 5 teams without Duke. Just like Breida and Singletary more to put up better games. Duke would probably be more consistent.

67 with the top 3

WR - Odell Beckham - 31
WR - Tyler Lockett - 19
WR - Allen Robinson - 17
WR - Dede Westbrook - 13
WR - Josh Gordon - 6

Grabbed Dede last minute. Foles will be the best qb he's had so far. Only 5 could be a mistake, especially in week 10 with the two bottom guys out. Gordon screwing up again could put me severely at risk.  But getting two scores here shouldn't be an issue.

6 teams with the top 3

7177 with Josh Gordon

TE - Hunter Henry - 17
TE - T.J. Hockenson - 10
TE - Mark Andrews - 9

Swapped Herndon out for hock last minute. Frankly I'd just rather cheer for hock, and he should actually play early.

21 with this trio

PK - Wil Lutz - 6
PK - Matt Prater - 4
PK - Matt Gay - 3

Three kickers I like a lot. Considered dropping prater for either d Jones or a $4 wr, but I didn't like any of them to make a difference.

5 with the trio

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 5
TD - New York Jets - 3

I think two good defenses, in two weaker divisions. 

351 with the duo

Only 3 teams with my top QB,RB,WR,TE :D

20 players is one of my smaller rosters. Giddyup 🤠🤡

DEFENSES

Top 5 - DAL (2830), SEA (2550), NYJ (2172), CLE (1905), NE (1397) - Only 1 $3 D, with 2 at $5 and 2 at $6

Bottom 5 - ARI (158), MIA (159), WAS (180), NYG (203), OAK (207) - 4 at $4, 1 at $5

- Most spent was $45 (only WR's are John Brown and Albert Wilson) (team also qualifies with the most D's at 7, tied with 2 others)

- Least spent was $3 (93 owners)

Never really varied from 20-23 players. With this year's pricing it seemed very difficult to get to a larger roster. I expect that to be the case across the board. I really like how the team turned out with potential and bye weeks. We'll see.

QB - Tom Brady - NE/10 - $11

I was all over the place on my QBs. Goff, Jackson, Winston, Prescott and Allen seemed to be who I kept coming back to. Ended up going with 2 that should be very steady and the 6 points for a passing TD swayed me towards Brady. Really like Jackson and Winston but felt they would be more up and down and as a result I would need a 3rd QB. Went the safe and steady route and used the $4 I would have used on Jones at other positions.

RB - Dalvin Cook - MIN/12 - $24
RB - Justice Hill - BAL/8 - $9

Never really waivered from Chubb and Cook was on about 75% of my different versions. Not really sold on him staying healthy and didn't like his week 12 bye but his potential as a top 5-10 RB for $24 ultimately won out. Carson was a no-brainer. Both Hill and Breida could be very good if given the no. 1 roll and should have stand alone value as well. Also considered Montgomery and Jacobs. Duke Johnson was very tempting and I think he returns some steady weekly scores but his wek 10 bye didn't work with the rest of my team.

WR - Chris Godwin - TB/7 - $22
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR/9 - $20
WR - Emmanuel Sanders - DEN/10 - $13
WR - Jamison Crowder - NYJ/4 - $11
WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8 - $10

Liked how the WR group worked out. I think Godwin was good value at $22. Both Kupp and Sanders were top 10 WRs last year before they got hurt. Counting on them to return healthy. Was back and forth between Sanders and Westbrook I don't know how many times. Both had the same price and both have the same bye week. Would dreally have loved to rostered both but that was too risky. Also considered Lockett in this group and I really like him at his price but his week 11 bye didn't work with Carson and Engram on bye that same week. That $10-12 WR was tough to nail down. MVS, Allison and C. Samuel were all on my roster at one time. Ultimately Crowder's early bye and Darnold's go-to-guy won out. I think Gallup can have some very good weeks. I'm not convinced with Gordon but for $6 I think it would be foolish to pass up the potential. Almost swapped him out for Beasley at the last minute and still kinda wish I would have. Don't like Gordon's week 10 bye clash with Sander's.

TE - Hunter Henry - LAC/12 - $17
TE - Chris Herndon - NYJ/4 - $8

Really love my TE grouping. Engram should be a monster and counting on Henry to be a target monster as well. Waivered between him and Cook but I think Henry will be more consistent. Also already had Goff and Kupp on bye week 9 and Cook would have been too much sitting that week. Won't have Herndon until week 6 but he should help with Engram's and Henry's late bye weeks.

PK - Randy Bullock - CIN/9 - $3
PK - Daniel Carlson - OAK/6 - $3

3 cheap kickers on half way decent offenses. Was tempted to go with just 2 and using the $3 to upgrade a WR and defense but too much variance in scoring from kickers I felt I needed 3

TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3

2 cheap defenses. Would have like to find more money for defense and tried but didn't like what it did to my overall team.

We'll see if DORIAN bites me in the butt!  I was editing my WR/TE set up and left to get family from NC Coast....  never made it back in time to finalize... I was left trying to figure out which WR to drop and what TE to take to balance it...  never got there.....   :cry:

QB - Carson Wentz - PHI/10 - $19

QB - Jameis Winston - TB/7 - $13

RB - Mark Ingram - BAL/8 - $20

RB - Latavius Murray - NO/9 - $16

RB - Miles Sanders - PHI/10 - $15

RB - Alexander Mattison - MIN/12 - $6

WR - Calvin Ridley - ATL/9 - $20

WR - Alshon Jeffery - PHI/10 - $18

WR - Robby Anderson - NYJ/4 - $17

WR - Sammy Watkins - KC/12 - $15

TE - T.J. Hockenson - DET/5 - $10

PK - Dan Bailey - MIN/12 - $4

PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/6 - $3

TD - San Francisco 49ers - SF/4 - $3

Big Ben, Goff

Kamara, Carson, Duke J, Singletary,  Malcom Brown

JuJu, Lockett, MVS, Gallup, Gordon, Boykin, M Hardman

Kelce, Waller, G Everett

Gostkoski, Boswell

Patriots, Jets

May fortune shine on someone here.

Went 19 players this year, normally end up with 22/23 players.  Less chance of getting through to the 250, but like my team if I can get there.  Comes down to who chooses the right players, good luck everyone. 

QB - Mitchell Trubisky - CHI/5 - $12

Had these 2 from the beginning, never changed them out.  Wanted a 3rd QB, but had to sacrifice to get the other players I wanted.

RB - David Montgomery - CHI/6- $18

RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11- $18

RB - Miles Sanders - PHI/10- $15

RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6- $8

$84 spent on RBs. Wish I could have upgraded to one more stud, but like my players. 

WR - DeAndre Hopkins - HOU/10 - $34

WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/8- $10

WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10- $6

WR - Taylor Gabriel - CHI/6- $5

$71 spent on WRs.  Upgraded to Hopkins in the final day, love his consistency and upside.   Think I am a little short here, but if Nuk does as expected I should be fine most weeks.

TE - Travis Kelce - KC/12 - $29

TE - Zach Ertz - PHI/10 - $24

$53 spent on TEs.  Team built around these 2 studs.  Expect a flex from here most weeks if they both stay healthy.

PK - Randy Bullock - CIN/9- $3

PK - Austin Siebert - CLE/7 - $3

TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/7 - $6

TD - NY Jets - NYJ/4 - $3

I learned posting my lineup early for advice is a bad move. There are two lineups that are very very similar to mine. Ones only difference is a $9 rb and the other has 1 different wr and 2 diff kickers. 

It was not a “chalk” lineup in the least. Only 4 total teams with my top 5 players and 2 of them are mirror images of mine that I posted 

Good luck to all 3 of us I guess 🤷‍♂️

After much deliberation, this is the roster I've been happiest with to start:

QB - Lamar Jackson - 12
QB - Derek Carr - 9
QB - Nick Foles - 8

RB - Ezekiel Elliott - 33
RB - Josh Jacobs - 20
RB - Duke Johnson - 9
RB - Matt Breida - 9

WR - Julio Jones - 32
WR - Tyler Lockett - 19
WR - Dante Pettis - 16
WR - Tyrell Williams - 13
WR - Josh Gordon - 6
WR - Terry McLaurin - 4

TE - George Kittle - 25
TE - Darren Waller - 8

PK - Jason Sanders - 3
PK - Daniel Carlson - 3
PK - Austin Seibert - 3

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 5
TD - Seattle Seahawks - 5

Mark XV

Your team has been successfully entered.

QB - Kyler Murray - ARI/12 - $16

Am I trying to win this contest or just trying to not get cut? What sets my team above the others when so many players seem like common picks? If Kyler hits, he has contest winning potential. And if he fails, I think his floor leaves him at about the level of Kirk Cousins or Dak, so a decent bye week filler for Goff. Which might be a waste of about $4-5 I could have spent elsewhere, but let’s be honest- most of us are wasting $4-5 on some flier that will never pan out. I’d rather spend it on a talent like Kyler who could be a monster. I’m actually surprised he isn’t a popular pick given his potential in best ball and the fact that if he hits he’s potentially worth $10 more. If nothing else, he will be down frequently and will have the ball in his hands a lot. That translates to more opportunities to score fantasy points
Goff I think is in the #1 offense this season, and is an expensive insurance plan for Kyler, but one I think is worth it. He is undervalued considerably this year. Passing TDs are worth 6 in this contest, and Goff was 6th in passing TDs last season without his favorite redzone target for half of the season. Prior to Kupp going down Goff was on pace for 35 touchdowns and 5000 yards, which would have put him 3rd in the league in both categories. I have high expectations for him this year. But then why waste the money on Kyler? Because nothing is certain in the NFL and last year Goff had plenty of down weeks- even with Kupp. 
I had Daniel Jones in but I wanted the $4 elsewhere, and I figured why spend $30 on 2 QBs and then handicap myself with $4 on a rookie who might start this year. I've got 2 very good QBs. Just crossing my fingers no one gets hurt near the other's bye. 

RB - Alvin Kamara - NO/9 - $33
RB - Justice Hill - BAL/8 - $9

Kamara is underpriced as the potential RB1 this season. I will take him at that price all day. I expect most entries to have their top RB being Chubb. That gives me a distinct advantage I think.
Chubb and Carson are very popular but for good reason. I think Carson is a top 5 RB this year. They both stand to be bargains in this contest.
I realize most people are taking Duke Johnson at the $9 mark here, and I went back and forth between the two. I don’t see as much upside with him as I do with Hill in best ball. I think Hill stands to get similar receptions as Duke (yes, I said it) and has bigger play making ability. In my opinion, this time next year we could be talking about Hill as a round 1-2 pick in redraft leagues.  
Singletary is on the same level as Duke IMO but $1 cheaper. I am excited about him as my RB5.

WR - Stefon Diggs - MIN/12 - $23
WR - Chris Godwin - TB/7 - $22
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR/9 - $20
WR - D.J. Chark - JAX/10 - $5

I had to go with Diggs here… he was in and out of my lineup but I think he poses good value and I wanted 3 good WRs to lead this team. Starting the season injured has me concerned but I went with him regardless.  
Godwin stands to see a lot of volume. When the coach says he will never come off the field, I see that great opportunity. He’s a redzone target as well. I see him priced about where he should be, but the TD potential makes him attractive. I don’t particularly like many other WRs in this price range, except Diggs.
Kupp is a redzone monster. Goff and the LAR looked significantly different after they lost Kupp. I think Kupp sneaks into the top 10 this year.
Lockett is the WR1 in that offense… a 
I was between Gordon and Beasley, as I think Beasley is a super sneaky play this year, but I went with Gordon. If he plays 12 games I think he is worth the money, I admit. NE doesn’t have much of a redzone presence, and Gordon could serve as just that.
I wanted someone better than Chark to finish my WRs off, but he is starting and he’s dirt cheap.    

TE - Darren Waller - OAK/6 - $8

Engram I am very comfortable with. I think he challenges for a top 3 TE spot this year
Andrews should be rostered by everyone. He could flirt with top10 status
Waller is a good value too just looking at what they did with Cook last year. AB won’t catch all of the passes, and I think Waller will be 2nd on the team.
Andrews and Waller are popular picks, but I feel good about them as a flex in the event that my RBs and/or WRs put in a stinker or are hurt.

PK - Matt Gay - TB/7 - $3

I think Carlson will have many opportunities. Gay and Seibert, they are in offenses I think will be scoring a lot offensively. I realize Gay and Seibert have the same bye, but so many entries have 2 kickers anyways- which means 1 active during the other’s bye. If this is a problem for me week 7, then I have no chance at going very far anyways. I think these 3 are pretty strong and undervalued.

TD - New York Giants - NYG/11 - $4

I think there are some great values in the $4-5 range, but this combo is scary good when you break it down week by week.

I’ll send the SP a postcard from Thailand 😉

Looking at a few things on my lineup and others.
For my positions.
QB - Lamar, Brady and Daniel Jones.  42 entries have these three QBs.  I didn't go through them all, but I'll bet one or two are "10+ QB Guy".
RB - Cook, Carson, Murray, Duke and Gore (avoided Breida purposely).  Only one other entry has these same five, but he's rolling with Josh Allen solo at QB.
WR - Julio, JuJu, Lockett, Deebo, Gordon - I'm the only entry with these five.  I presume it's because Deebo shows up on only 355 entries.
TE - Howard, Anders, Waller.  59 entries with these three.  Again, one or two are probably "10+ TE Guy".
PK - Gay, Carlson, Gonzalez - 27 teams with these $3 kickers. 
DT - Cowboys, Cardinals, Bengals - I'm the only one. 

Other things off the top of my head I found interesting.

Apparently five people set their lineups early and left them alone with Andrew Luck in there.  He won't be getting y'all many points.
143 guys lucked out when Cairo Santos landed Succop's job.  378 Succop owners, not so much.

202 entrants believe that Gronk is going to unretire at some point.
173 are willing to wait for Golden Tate to come back.
329 will be waiting nine weeks for Kareem Hunt.
17 have rostered both Tate and Hunt, 15 have Gronk and Hunt, 3 have Tate and Gronk, but nobody has all three..

Morning guys. Some quick guys I searched. 

450 With Keenan Allen 

514 with Julio 

719 with Kittle 

1,173 with CMac

those are my four players $25 or higher.  

Users who are viewing this thread