What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I think there’s an interesting question. What if some key positions (cabinet-level or otherwise) just decided to cut Trump out?  Like what if the SecDef, the NSA, and the Joint Chiefs all agreed to just go to Pence and ignore Trump. 

This would, of course, be a bona fide coup,  But maybe one everyone would turn a blind eye to for two weeks. 

But he also needs to have a majority of the Cabinet or such body as Congress has designated by law agree. Pence can’t do it alone. 
True. But if Pence is willing, a majority of the Cabinet is likely willing as well. The calls for it being invoked are flooding my social media feed, even by some people I know supported Trump. 

But I think there’s an interesting question. What if some key positions (cabinet-level or otherwise) just decided to cut Trump out?  Like what if the SecDef, the NSA, and the Joint Chiefs all agreed to just go to Pence and ignore Trump. 

This would, of course, be a bona fide coup,  But maybe one everyone would turn a blind eye to for two weeks. 
I don't think the military would skirt the rules like that.

"We follow orders, son. We follow orders or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?"

tri-man 47 said:
Can someone dig out Trump's July 27th tweet where he stated anyone vandalizing or damaging any Federal building in any city or state would face a minimum ten years in prison?  Seems relevant.
this

Intersting.  I see numerous tweets quoted that would warrant a ban for similar reason that aren't.
By who? 
Not worth the time.

I'm going to step out of this thread.  Final comment is that I would prefer to see Trump removed or impeached tonight rather than his twitter account banned (based on the tweets I saw).  IMO there is more justification for the former than the latter.

This was not an "inside job" - what? C'mon.

Seemed like a protest where there was zero organization of the group. There were splinters of craziness - being those that breached the actual threshold of the Capitol, but as for everyone outside of it, just seemed like a normal group mentality thing going on.

Today's violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump.

His use of the Presidency to destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens has been enabled by pseudo political leaders whose names will live in infamy as profiles in cowardice.

~ General James Mattis (ret)

Does law enforcement usually wear a cap with an American Flag with an AR-15 on it?  Or a flag patch with the Punisher logo?

On another topic, now that there are a lot of videos of the law nightsticking and pepper spraying protestors , what are your thoughts on your earlier posts that implied these people were just being left to do their thing compared to the protestors from last summer/fall?
🤷‍♂️

I don't think the military would skirt the rules like that.

"We follow orders, son. We follow orders or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?"
Orders are to only obey lawful orders and to defend the Constitution. 

it’s just curious, because just as Pence lacked the authority to discard certifications unilaterally, he also lacks the authority to deploy the DC National Guard. But he did so. 

Today's violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump.

His use of the Presidency to destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens has been enabled by pseudo political leaders whose names will live in infamy as profiles in cowardice.

~ General James Mattis (ret)
Irony is dead. 

Orders are to only obey lawful orders and to defend the Constitution. 

it’s just curious, because just as Pence lacked the authority to discard certifications unilaterally, he also lacks the authority to deploy the DC National Guard. But he did so. 
:shrug:

That is why people are questioning if they should call Pence, Mr. President.

But, as a more serious response to the military question - I don't see those guys abandoning what they see as the chain of command here, its just not their nature.

That’s great. But that’s not what you said in the post I quoted and commented on
If there is something that you didn't understand, or wanted me to elucidate on further, you can simply ask. Happy to engage earnestly if there is an earnest attempt at dialogue.

Instead you just went to accusing me of being wrong, and averred that I am missing something.

I'd like to think that civil discourse is still a thing. I am honestly not really sure it is.

:shrug:

That is why people are questioning if they should call Pence, Mr. President.

But, as a more serious response to the military question - I don't see those guys abandoning what they see as the chain of command here, its just not their nature.
Interestingly, when Chuck Schumer began his speech earlier today, he addressed Pence as “Mr. President.”

EDIT: And he just did it again!

EDIT #2: I’m an idiot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Laughing
Reactions: JAA
True. But if Pence is willing, a majority of the Cabinet is likely willing as well. The calls for it being invoked are flooding my social media feed, even by some people I know supported Trump. 
Taking the action would be a real power move by Pence, which he might view as helpful to his political future.   And Cabinet members would feel pressure for their future careers ...would they want to be remembered for a final act of allowing this to happen without repercussions?  If Pence succeeds, he's the one hanging around at the inauguration and goes out on a professional high note.  If his effort fails, then he can always say that he was the righteous public servant who bravely stood up for democracy, even when those around him would not.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I don't care where you fall on the political spectrum but going into the Senate chambers is absolute lunacy. And it's not just something you can do. They have posted guarda by the rooms also.  I hope nothing was damaged in the original Senate chambers 

If there is something that you didn't understand, or wanted me to elucidate on further, you can simply ask. Happy to engage earnestly if there is an earnest attempt at dialogue.

Instead you just went to accusing me of being wrong, and averred that I am missing something.

I'd like to think that civil discourse is still a thing. I am honestly not really sure it is.
I’m wrong often. I try to admit it everytime. Hell I just did a page or two ago

Is saying “you’re wrong” and pointing out why not civil now?

So that girl died, more or less to speed the process up by two days and get Trump removed a couple weeks early?  Fox seems to want to make her a martyr.  Carlson went so far to say more or less she "doesn't look like a BLM protestor" while praising her.

So that girl died, more or less to speed the process up by two days and get Trump removed a couple weeks early?  Fox seems to want to make her a martyr.  Carlson went so far to say more or less she "doesn't look like a BLM protestor" while praising her.
They still interviewing the guy that is asking why they didn't investigate the election?

maybe he is also the president of a sizzler franchise because hell I would recognize that all day long take that to the bank bromigos  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread