What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Found this after some googles (regarding SFIO):  https://www.tdameritrade.com/retail-en_us/resources/pdf/cesecuritylist.pdf

By January 31, 2021, TD Ameritrade will restrict orders in Caveat Emptor designated OTC securities to liquidating trades only.

A Caveat Emptor security is a designation the OTC Markets Group places on a security after a determination was made surrounding the company that there may be potential risk to investors which include a questionable stock promotion, known investigation of fraudulent activity committed by the company or insiders, regulatory suspensions, or disruptive corporate actions, among other reasons.

The current list of Caveat Emptor restricted securities is below as of January 26, 2021 and is subject to change at any time. Please visit www.otcmarkets.com for additional details and real time Caveat Emptor desiginations

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep looking around for a place to invest, hard to find deals right now that I like.
Me too.  So hard when the market is so good.  And all my moves are long term still (5-8 years).  Was able to get the following at good prices the last dip: ARKK, ARKG, NEE.

Looking at and waiting for possible good prices at: ETSY, SQ, PPL, TAN, RUN.  Also thanks to this thread: KR, FLGT, DRWD, DKNG.

Most of the market is overpriced.  However, I don't think it's very hard to find places to invest.  I have sold one long term position so far this year as I thought it was overbaked and wanted to lock in the profits.  All of my other long term positions I've held or added to.  Stocks I own that I think are very undervalued - GOOG, AMD, NVDA.  Stocks I own that I think are undervalued - AMT, CNC, WMT.  

Stocks I'm looking at - AAPL (never owned it, but starting to look good here, could be 50% higher within 2 years), FB (only thing holding me back are regulatory concerns, but still looks cheap).  GOLD, FCX (defensive plays), I would like to say BTC, but I am having a very difficult time justifying this one, or finding a place to safely place asses.

Others on my watchlist - MDT, UNH, WKHS, V, MA, ADBE, SHOP.

Lastly, I really do like the financials as a longer term play, but I'm always wishy washy about which ones to pick.  I could make an argument for quite a few of them, although I loathe and will never own WFC stand alone.  So, I have a decent size position in XLF and have added to it.  

But, wtf do I know :shrug:
Great,  :goodposting:

Hard for me to think of GOOG as undervalued since my holdings are 8 years old or so.  ADBE has been a good stock for me over the years, even though other companies have broken into their market (bluebeam, docusign, etc.)  I have some or the others, but I can't bring myself to buy AAPL or FB.  It breaks my rule of investing in companies I believe in.  I hate apple and facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had over 5000 shares in the low 2.90s. I just sold 2000 at 3.39. Sometimes that's as far as it runs, so I wanted to lock in some profit and have $$ to buy more if it dips below 3.00. I'd probably sell another 1000 around 3.75 and hold the rest in case it finally makes a moon shot.
Sold half of mine too :highfive:

This is why you have to be careful of penny stocks. I was listening to a Motley Fool call about micro caps and they said that 70% produce negative returns over 10 years. The average 10 year return of the S&P 500 is 140% (GS said 9.2% a year). Small caps can return a higher rate but that’s because the ones that make it do amazing and there are tons of losers in the micro cap world like penny stocks.

I think it was @Desert_Power who mentioned it’s had to invest in a stock when they are trying to figure out how many outstanding shares there are and if a dead guy’s shares go away. It’s OK to take stock advice from random guys on a fantasy football site, but buying a stock that brokers have marked as potentially fraudulent takes some cahones and a knowledge that it could be gone in a blink.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
One other thing I'll add, and I think I've mentioned in this thread previously, but I do really like dividend stocks - I am in a few Vanguard dividend index funds.  I really really really think that these crowded trades are eventually going to stop or at least significantly slow down due to valuations.  PTON, ZM, etc, can only go so high.  There is so much cash on the sidelines right now and a LOT of investors are looking for safe places to invest (read, looking for value).  Dividend yields are not out of whack right now with historic averages and I think people will start taking a look there.  I'm on the older side of the FBG club, not legendary, or ancient, but old.  I am perfectly content having a few funds with six figures throwing me 3-5% year with some upside growth to supplement my retirement income.  I reinvest dividends on these funds and to me, just seems a no-brainer.  But again, wtf do I know.  I have no bonds, nor bond funds and just can't see any reason to do so, so these funds are my bonds.
GRMN, PH, SWX

Bezos news is a surprise. They couldn’t have killed the quarter any more and that’s still with them investing like crazy.
I like it. Hoping the new guy splits it. The price has to be more attractive to drive more buyers. It’s just too high for most people. Imo ow you can buy fractions and all that but it’s a mental thing. 
What I like about the high price is it reduces volatility.  Since I'm using it, MSFT, GOOGL, WMT, and TGT for my retirement ... gimme reduced volatility

You move around a lot on holdings.  What do you like with HZAC and HZON?  Also, why Ethan Allen?  That's an interesting holding I haven't seen bandied about here.
ETH is etherium...I should probably clarify that.  :doh:

HZAC linked to ARK, potential fintech merger.   Both HZON and HZAC are Guggenheim managed.   They both look like the type that can pop to me. 
Serious question - do you live in CT or New England?

What I like about the high price is it reduces volatility.  Since I'm using it, MSFT, GOOGL, WMT, and TGT for my retirement ... gimme reduced volatility
Volatility is measured as a %, it has very little to do with the stock price in most cases (and if it did it would be the opposite, higher price/lower volume would mean more volatility not less).

So WSB crowd decides they are all going to buy AMC at 1pm.  At 1pm they boost the stock almost 15% in about 2 minutes.

Now imagine 5 hedge funds, who each have more capital by themselves than the entirety of WSB combined, doing the same thing on multiple stocks every day for the last 20 years.
Yeah wishing I had opened that wsb thread before 12:59 to jump on the fun 😅

and very very true

Volatility is measured as a %, it has very little to do with the stock price in most cases (and if it did it would be the opposite, higher price/lower volume would mean more volatility not less).
Has nothing to do with stock price.  Nor should a stock split cause any increase in value, but people are going to believe what they are going to believe.

Speaking of stock splits, isn't Nike due for another one soon?  Been 6 years and usually when it hits these levels they split.  Sure wish they'd just do it.  :mellow:

I'll see myself out. 

Me too.  So hard when the market is so good.  And all my moves are long term still (5-8 years).  Was able to get the following at good prices the last dip: ARKK, ARKG, NEE.

Looking at and waiting for possible good prices at: ETSY, SQ, PPL, TAN, RUN.  Also thanks to this thread: KR, FLGT, DRWD, DKNG.

Great,  :goodposting:

Hard for me to think of GOOG as undervalued since my holdings are 8 years old or so.  ADBE has been a good stock for me over the years, even though other companies have broken into their market (bluebeam, docusign, etc.)  I have some or the others, but I can't bring myself to buy AAPL or FB.  It breaks my rule of investing in companies I believe in.  I hate apple and facebook.
If you don't get your entry point on SQ by 2/23, I'm not sure you're going to. Barring a market correction, I'm afraid the dip on 1/27 might have been the best opportunity we see for a bit.

That's terrific news!  Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Also, can you tell me what they do?
From what I could find, they produce electronic smokeless ciggy's. 

I ended up selling today based on that alone. I bought on the frenzy Friday without really looking into it, and for me I just don't want to be invested in anything tied to smoking. 

If I'm wrong someone let me know, but that's what I could find about them.

So WSB crowd decides they are all going to buy AMC at 1pm.  At 1pm they boost the stock almost 15% in about 2 minutes.

Now imagine 5 hedge funds, who each have more capital by themselves than the entirety of WSB combined, doing the same thing on multiple stocks every day for the last 20 years.
yeah, pretty sure all that news was baked in  before you bought. 

If you don't get your entry point on SQ by 2/23, I'm not sure you're going to. Barring a market correction, I'm afraid the dip on 1/27 might have been the best opportunity we see for a bit.
Yeah, I saw that and probably screwed it up.   

But it's all the wife' fault!  She picked that one and I wanted it in her account.  But no, I can't log into her account while I'm at work because she can't remember any of her security questions (don't ask) so there is only one computer in the world we can sign into her account on.  :hot:

I ended up selling today based on that alone. I bought on the frenzy Friday without really looking into it, and for me I just don't want to be invested in anything tied to smoking. 

Smoking prevents COVID

Agree.  I only track % ... so yea

Smokefree Innotec, Inc. (OTC Pink: SFIO) ("The Company" or "Smokefree Innotec") is pleased to announce it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Agrokings Incorporated ("Agrokings").

Agrokings is a conglomerate of synergistic companies in the hospitality, agricultural, electrical and distribution spaces, and will include the Epiphany Café franchise group, Gorgeous Coffee, Ardent Bakers, and A+ Electrical - all of which are located in New Zealand. Altogether, the companies mentioned are generating millions of dollars in annual revenue and are expanding at a rapid rate throughout the region.

Epiphany Café currently has over 15 franchise locations in New Zealand and hopes to increase this number to 20 before the end of the year. Furthermore, Epiphany Café is currently eyeing eight (8) existing cafes in Australia to be converted into Epiphany Cafes. The company has also started to offer licenses to establishments who intend to offer Epiphany's signature iced drinks, specialty coffees and artisan donuts.

At the moment, the new management's intention is to bring the company current with OTC Markets and apply for a ticker symbol and name change. Further updates regarding strategic partnerships, acquisitions, and capital raises will be released in the near future.

Yeah, I saw that as well.  

I guess for me it just doesn't feel right. I made a few bucks on it, but I need to pump the brakes a bit on buying some of these high risk stocks.  

Ignoring the dilution :whistle: , and with apologies to ChiefD's ESG leanings, this seems pretty positive. Somebody is betting this thing is worth $1 in the next few years.

TORONTO, Feb. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Red Light Holland Corp. ( TRUFF ) ("Red Light Holland" or the "Company") (CSE:TRIP), an Ontario-based corporation positioning itself to engage in the production, growth and sale of a premium brand of magic truffles to the legal, recreational market within the Netherlands, is pleased to announce that it has entered into an amended agreement with Eight Capital, pursuant to which Eight Capital has now agreed to buy, on a bought deal basis, 23,000,000 units ("Units") at a price of $0.44 per Unit (the "Issue Price"), for gross proceeds of $10,120,000 (the " Offering").

The Company has agreed to grant Eight Capital an over-allotment option to purchase up to an additional 15% of the Units at the Issue Price, exercisable in whole or in part, at any time on or prior to the date that is 30 days following the closing of the Offering. If this option is exercised in full, an additional approximately $1,500,000 will be raised pursuant to the Offering and the aggregate proceeds of the Offering will be approximately $11,600,000.

Each Unit will be comprised of one common share of the Company a "Common Share") and one Common Share purchase warrant (a "Warrant"). Each Warrant shall entitle the holder thereof to purchase one Common Share at an exercise price of $0.70, for a period of 36 months following the closing of the Offering. If the daily volume weighted average trading price of the Common Shares on the Canadian Securities Exchange for any 10 consecutive days equals or exceeds $1.52, the Company may, upon providing written notice to the holders of the Warrants, accelerate the expiry date of the Warrants to the date that is 30 days following the date of such written notice.

Of those only WMT is really low volatility (though MSFT isn't bad).  GOOG and TGT are definitely not in that category.  Some of the REITs can be pretty low in volatility - BEP, O, etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA

Users who are viewing this thread