What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (1 Viewer)

I enjoyed the doc.   I didnt think it was a hatchet job.    I dont know what may not be true but it was entertaining

The only thing about the doc that seemed "off" to me was the female friend who was featured prominently, not the blonde GF but other darker-haired one. She reeked of someone who was overplaying how close she once was to Tiger, all of her anecdotes so vague. I picture Tiger watching thinking "who the #### is this chick?"

The only thing about the doc that seemed "off" to me was the female friend who was featured prominently, not the blonde GF but other darker-haired one. She reeked of someone who was overplaying how close she once was to Tiger, all of her anecdotes so vague. I picture Tiger watching thinking "who the #### is this chick?"

Yeah, I sort of thought the same thing. Then they showed a picture of them together at the end that didn't look especially "familiar"  (It looked like every picture you see a celebrity taking with a non-celeb). So yeah, who knows.

I didn't think it was a hatchet job either. I thought it was fair. Other than the whole story with Earl and his friend banging chicks in a Winnebago at the golf course while Tiger practiced, I didn't really learn anything new.

They obviously went out of their way to reinforce the idea that Elin wasn't a gold digger and that she truly loved Tiger. I still dont know if I buy that (ex model takes a job as a nanny for a PGA tour pro? Pretty clear she was on the prowl for a rich husband)  but whatever. She's obviously not the villain here.

The guy really did have some pretty serious problems that just go way beyond "sex addiction".  We've all heard the story of the Navy SEAL training and how it ravaged his body, but it was still tough to listen to people talk about. Obviously he was looking for some sort of connection to his father. And the idea about him risking it all for a Perkins' waitress is just so absurd i dont know where to begin.

Yeah, I sort of thought the same thing. Then they showed a picture of them together at the end that didn't look especially "familiar"  (It looked like every picture you see a celebrity taking with a non-celeb). So yeah, who knows.

I didn't think it was a hatchet job either. I thought it was fair. Other than the whole story with Earl and his friend banging chicks in a Winnebago at the golf course while Tiger practiced, I didn't really learn anything new.

They obviously went out of their way to reinforce the idea that Elin wasn't a gold digger and that she truly loved Tiger. I still dont know if I buy that (ex model takes a job as a nanny for a PGA tour pro? Pretty clear she was on the prowl for a rich husband)  but whatever. She's obviously not the villain here.

The guy really did have some pretty serious problems that just go way beyond "sex addiction".  We've all heard the story of the Navy SEAL training and how it ravaged his body, but it was still tough to listen to people talk about. Obviously he was looking for some sort of connection to his father. And the idea about him risking it all for a Perkins' waitress is just so absurd i dont know where to begin.
Not that far fetched.  She was young and working at an upscale clothing store in sweden. The golfer she was a nanny for is a swedish golfer. She was only 20 at the time.  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the doc.   I didnt think it was a hatchet job.    I dont know what may not be true but it was entertaining
I enjoyed it too.  I found it similar to the Jordan one insomuch as it wasn't a fluff piece either to make them look great - both are great competitors but flawed human beings. 

In the end though, he still looks like a ##### even after his most recent recovery and the doc's attempt to paint all of his flaws on his father.  Not contacting Steve Williams at all is pretty cold (and I recognize that we're only hearing that side of the story).

I still enjoy watching his game in pursuit of being the GOAT, but he's no role model.   

I enjoyed it too.  I found it similar to the Jordan one insomuch as it wasn't a fluff piece either to make them look great - both are great competitors but flawed human beings. 

In the end though, he still looks like a ##### even after his most recent recovery and the doc's attempt to paint all of his flaws on his father.  Not contacting Steve Williams at all is pretty cold (and I recognize that we're only hearing that side of the story).

I still enjoy watching his game in pursuit of being the GOAT, but he's no role model.   
I thought the doc was fair to the first two stages of his life. I really, really do wish they had done a better job of showing what has happened post-2017 DUI. First, they totally ignored his tour championship win and Presidents Cup stuff. Second, while I get that no current golfers signed on to be interviewed, the consensus around the tour is that Tiger's personality totally changed and he's genuinely fun to be around now. Third, from what I can tell based on youtube videos he has really embraced the dad role to his kids (particularly to Charlie who looks like a hell of a golfer himself). 

The latter two points above, assuming true, really demonstrate the true comeback he's had here and brings the expose on his personality full circle. I really think the doc whiffed on that. How do you not show him and Charlie playing together and how do you not show him and JT kicking ### together and truly enjoying playing together at the Presidents Cup??

Surprising things to me were: 

1. No contact with Williams since. That was crazy to me. I knew that didn't end well but had figured they remained cordial to each other. So cold. 

2. His mom was more of a hardass than I knew/remembered. 

3. He took his family to eat regularly at a ####### Perkins?? That's where broke college drunk me ate at 2 AM. I didn't think anybody besides drunk people and old people ate at Perkins. 

I thought the doc was fair to the first two stages of his life. I really, really do wish they had done a better job of showing what has happened post-2017 DUI. First, they totally ignored his tour championship win and Presidents Cup stuff. Second, while I get that no current golfers signed on to be interviewed, the consensus around the tour is that Tiger's personality totally changed and he's genuinely fun to be around now. Third, from what I can tell based on youtube videos he has really embraced the dad role to his kids (particularly to Charlie who looks like a hell of a golfer himself). 

The latter two points above, assuming true, really demonstrate the true comeback he's had here and brings the expose on his personality full circle. I really think the doc whiffed on that. How do you not show him and Charlie playing together and how do you not show him and JT kicking ### together and truly enjoying playing together at the Presidents Cup??
Other than Charlie playing in the recent father son tournament, I don't think their is actually any footage of the two playing

Well, there's a lot of speculation over why he actually got fired, but we're only hearing Stevie's side of it(and I doubt Tiger will ever talk about it).

As to why they haven't talked since?  About 2 months after they split, Williams told a room of people that he wanted to shove Adam Scott's WGC win up Tiger's "black #######".  That's a disgusting and racist comment no matter what the intent was and even more so to someone who "was your best friend" according to Williams in the doc.

Then, in 2015, Williams wrote a "tell all" book that was so close to libel that it was only published in New Zealand in order to avoid litigation.  Nearly every caddie and golfer in the world lambasted the book and Williams for writing it.

I can see why Tiger never calls him.

Yeah, I'm sure Williams' feelings were hurt when Tiger dumped him (and if you believe Steve's side from the documentary, it was pretty lame to fire him) .....but the guy made $12 Million dollars on his bag.  If Tiger just cut him off with no communication for no reason....jerk move. But still......$12 Million dollars to carry his bag, read a few putts and give him some encouraging words every once in a while.  

Unless the guy banged your wife, just be thankful and keep your mouth shut.

Other than Charlie playing in the recent father son tournament, I don't think their is actually any footage of the two playing
I've seen youtube videos for the last year (usually some bystander with his cameraphone) of them on the range, playing etc. 

Well, there's a lot of speculation over why he actually got fired, but we're only hearing Stevie's side of it(and I doubt Tiger will ever talk about it).

As to why they haven't talked since?  About 2 months after they split, Williams told a room of people that he wanted to shove Adam Scott's WGC win up Tiger's "black #######".  That's a disgusting and racist comment no matter what the intent was and even more so to someone who "was your best friend" according to Williams in the doc.

Then, in 2015, Williams wrote a "tell all" book that was so close to libel that it was only published in New Zealand in order to avoid litigation.  Nearly every caddie and golfer in the world lambasted the book and Williams for writing it.

Eesh. Didn't know these facts. Thanks for providing the other side of the coin. 

Yea, I caveat'd that we only heard one side of the story.  I'm just giving my thoughts on the doc and how Tiger came off.  He was asked to participate and refused (which I 100% get), so he has to accept that the viewer is going to only going to hear one side of the story.  C'est la vie.  

There was a lot of collateral damage to Tiger's circle when the details came out.  All of the significant others suspected that they a) knew about it b) helped set up his hook-ups c) possible did the same. That's not talked about in the documentary.  That's a big reason why so many of his relationships were strained or totally ended.

There was a lot of collateral damage to Tiger's circle when the details came out.  All of the significant others suspected that they a) knew about it b) helped set up his hook-ups c) possible did the same. That's not talked about in the documentary.  That's a big reason why so many of his relationships were strained or totally ended.
Who is the "they"?

There was mention, I think when his nightclub gf came to Florida, that Tiger's team arranged for her to have a room near his or some such (and she stupidly went straight to Tiger's room). 

Who is the "they"?

There was mention, I think when his nightclub gf came to Florida, that Tiger's team arranged for her to have a room near his or some such (and she stupidly went straight to Tiger's room). 
Other players/associates wives and GFs

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Who is the "they"?

The SO assumed everyone in Tigers circle was in on his affairs.  Steve Williams etc

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Saw this on twitter. I really hope he is ok.

#BREAKING Agency at scene say @TigerWoods was injured in crash in Ranchos Palos Verdes at Hawthorne Blvd near Blackhorse Rd. Fire crews had to use jaws of life to get him out of vehicle.

Just saw this posted somewhere else and came over here to see if there were any other details.

Single car accident at 7AM, major damage to vehicle, transported to hospital with injuries.

"Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support."

Woods' manager Mark Steinberg

Single car accident on a wide, straight road at 7 a.m. doesn't sound good.
Lil early to speculate 

Just catching up but my wife said that it was reported on whatever station she was watching that the residents in that area say there’s accidents there all the time

Lil early to speculate 

Just catching up but my wife said that it was reported on whatever station she was watching that the residents in that area say there’s accidents there all the time
I know that area.  There's just not much there.   That intersection is wide open with clear sight lines.    

Doesn't look good. He's driving a tournament car so maybe he wasn't used to it? Early a.m., car is going faster than he thinks and going down a hill he loses control? Best you can hope for with multiple leg injuries/surgery is a few clean breaks and rods being inserted. Hope he plays again.

it's the widest street in that city. but it does get quite foggy there early mornings because it's coastal and quite elevated, so visibility could be an issue if you're not use to it. the marine layer in the south bay is no joke most of the year.

I know that area.  There's just not much there.   That intersection is wide open with clear sight lines.    
I'm trying to figure it out exactly where he wound up.  there's a canyon to the west just below Blackhorse, but man it would be tough to get all the way into.  

eta I just heard he was traveling north, so that puts him pretty far from blackhorse

eta2, I now see the sign he took out.  looks like he jumped the median

tournament is over. PGA Tour heading to Florida.  Is there an airport for private planes near there?
Yes but wrong direction. Could be flying out of LAX tho. Not sure if you can fly jet out of Torrance. Thought it was only prop

Users who are viewing this thread