What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (1 Viewer)

Second episode was so much better even though it followed the same concept of “what if this character became this character” (which is a bit lazy).

Thanos was amazing in this one, and he alone made this episode worth watching.
We didn't enjoy this one as much.  Had some moments but overall was kind of meh.

I am thoroughly enjoying the What If.... Loved the comics and the show is hitting it out of the park IMO.

I haven't read the comics in close to 30 years but loved "What If" back then as well. However they explored some great scenarios where so far we saw Agent Carter become Captain America and Black Panther become Star Lord. Meh.

The only thing that saved the second episode was how great Thanos was defending his original plan. Loved it.

The animation is great at least.

I haven't read the comics in close to 30 years but loved "What If" back then as well. However they explored some great scenarios where so far we saw Agent Carter become Captain America and Black Panther become Star Lord. Meh.

The only thing that saved the second episode was how great Thanos was defending his original plan. Loved it.

I have a feeling that the What If will be confined to the characters in the MCU only, so it's a bit limited. I still find it very enjoyable.

It's fine for what it is. Agent Carter story was more what I expected.  Black Panther really didn't make any sense at all.  A better more appropriate story would have been what if Xandu delivered Quill to Ego, IMO. 

What If is terrible imo. Makes no sense, has no stakes to it, just not interesting at all. Animation is good though. 

What If is terrible imo. Makes no sense, has no stakes to it, just not interesting at all. Animation is good though. 
Mostly agree. But my guess is that it will have stakes soon. Need a couple more "normal" episodes then we'll see a big change

Thought it was a decent enough explanation on why they took T'Chaka instead of Quill (forgot that a Celestial crashed at Wakanda).

Looks like they might be hitting us with a Part 2.....which would be pretty good.

Biggest problem with "What if?" right now is that there's not a heck of a lot of BIG pivotal moments in the MCU that would warrant a story to change around.  

Mostly agree. But my guess is that it will have stakes soon. Need a couple more "normal" episodes then we'll see a big change
You think it will tie in with the overall marvel story? I know that’s what they’ve always done but I haven’t got that vibe so far at all. 

Yeah, I dont get the sense that "What if" is supposed to tie into anything. I just think it supposed to be a fun little exercise to tell some short form alternative stories.

I think the first 2 have been kinda meh, but I'll keep watching.

What if Peter Parker got bitten by a radioactive... lizard....and became a Godzilla? 

LET'S WATCH

Yeah, I dont get the sense that "What if" is supposed to tie into anything. I just think it supposed to be a fun little exercise to tell some short form alternative stories.

I haven't watched at all, and I am not sure that I will, if no tie-in.  However, I know that the narrator is a "Watcher" and that "race" is somehow tied to the Celestials and Eternals.

Second episode was so much better even though it followed the same concept of “what if this character became this character” (which is a bit lazy).

Thanos was amazing in this one, and he alone made this episode worth watching.
I forgot to post my thoughts on this but I totally agree about this episode being way better.  Just a much better story, more humor, interesting cameos.  I will admit I got a little choked up at the end credit placard.

This isn't a spoiler.  You may find the entire concept of the show lazy because it is going to be "what if" every single week.  That's why I think these are one offs (or two offs if you will when it is a multi episode show).  Meaning, these aren't intended to impact the mainline MCU like the previous shows did (Wanda, Loki, FatWS).

Like this trailer more than any of the previous ones. High hopes for this. Love the shot of the Jack Kirby style Celestial. 
This trailer was better than the ones before it.  I'll still see it in theaters but my expectations are muted.  Looking forward much more to Shang-Chi.

Corporation said:
I forgot to post my thoughts on this but I totally agree about this episode being way better.  Just a much better story, more humor, interesting cameos.  I will admit I got a little choked up at the end credit placard.

This isn't a spoiler.  You may find the entire concept of the show lazy because it is going to be "what if" every single week.  That's why I think these are one offs (or two offs if you will when it is a multi episode show).  Meaning, these aren't intended to impact the mainline MCU like the previous shows did (Wanda, Loki, FatWS).

No I get that it will be "What If...". My "lazy" comment is if it will be be "What if X became Y?" every week like the first two.

Last edited by a moderator:
TLEF316 said:

Agree, I thought most people knew that going in.  I don't want to call it filler, it is just another way to look at Marvel to give writers creative freedoms.  Hard to argue with the animation, it is top notch.  I'll keep watching but if I don't see it on launch day I'm not worried about it like I was with Wanda and Loki.

No I get that it will be "What If...". My "lazy" comment is if it will be be "What is X became Y?" every week. 
Gotcha.  I know of at least one instance where they will break away from that, but don't want to spoil it for anyone.  But it will be a huge departure :)  and definitely won't carry over.

Capella said:
You think it will tie in with the overall marvel story? I know that’s what they’ve always done but I haven’t got that vibe so far at all. 
I think they will tie it in with loki.  

Parker is going to need a good lawyer!  I know of one in Hell's Kitchen!!!!!!

please please please please please
Rumors around that he may be in it but I doubt it. Would be amazing though, he deserves to be brought into the main Marvel fold for sure.

I don't get it. Didn't the killing of Kang in Loki cause the multiverse to happen?

Dr Strange also inadvertently creates the multiverse according to the trailer?

Rumors around that he may be in it but I doubt it. Would be amazing though, he deserves to be brought into the main Marvel fold for sure.
He does and the rumors are strong.  Would be a perfect opening for him with the legal issues.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I don't get it. Didn't the killing of Kang in Loki cause the multiverse to happen?

Dr Strange also inadvertently creates the multiverse according to the trailer?
I would guess Kang's death cracked the door and Dr Strange's forget Spider-Man spell kicked the door open and may have made it infinitely worse?

I don't have much interest in the Eternals or Shang Chi (I don't remember either from the comics - but Shang Chi looks entertaining and I will see it. I'll see the Eternals at some point as well but have a feeling it will be one of Marvel's rare "misses".

Spider-Man:Multiverse looks like it may be the best Spider-Man yet.

My only exposure was to the Affleck version.  I've blocked it out.  

There were three seasons and each one was very good. The Kingpin and Punisher characters were extremely well done and acted and Charlie Cox was great in the lead role.
The movie was awful.  S1 and S3 of Daredevil were incredible.  Vincent D'Onrifio (sp) is tremendous as Kingpin.  S2 was also very good but I especially liked 1 and 3.  If you haven't checked out the Netflix Marvel series, Jessica Jones season 1 was also really good, and the first half of Luke Cage season 1 was good.  Skip Iron Fist.  I enjoyed both Punisher seasons, Jon Bernthal is great in that role.

Users who are viewing this thread