What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yellowstone - Paramount TV (3 Viewers)

3 great seasons.....and we are hitting a major meh season. It happens. Hopefully starts picking up next week.....because so far.....it has been a total bore.

snogger said:
I have no issues with Lloyd's anger.. 
He had a one night stand with blondie and thought it was more then that.. Watching her hook up with someone that was suppose to be on a :tfp:   has been chewing him up inside.

Guessing this beat down will end the storyline, especially since the women have been booted from the Bunkhouse. 
Totally forgot about that, and in that case, this totally makes sense.

That's the problem with these short seasons, that have so long between them, I forget a lot of the smaller plot lines, and there is too much to watch these days to go back and watch the previous season again to get ready for the new one.

For me it's not that she's whiny.  It's that she's a really bad actress and so is the kid.   When they are in scenes together it's painful.
My wife doesn't care for her either.  She is a pain.  Gee whiz....He sees a semi attractive woman and hours later shes in bed pontificating on this?  They try to make it cute.  But I remember telling the wife if she did that to me I would be all like  "Really??????  You're still hanging on that? "

Having difficulty buying that the same militia who could not defend their own compound when holding Tate and suspecting attack could, on short notice, coordinate a simultaneous attack in four different locations against John, Casey, Beth, and the Ranch.  Maybe I should buy it in that they failed in all instances, but it seems far-fetched.  

Also, who makes a run at the Don without first taking out Luca Brasi?  Clearly the militia should have targeted Rip first.

Roarke - Rattler to the face.  Really?  A power broker bringing investment and thousands of jobs to a region gets bit by a Rattler, in the face, and no one follows up?  Rattlers are not face-biters, they are ankle and calf-biters.  No way that goes unnoticed. Of course it is on a par with the reporter who "drowned" who would have had a crushed larynx and no water in her lungs.  That county needs a new coronor.

What became of the guy Casey placed in the cattle guard?  No follow up, really?  In the real world Casey would have been arrested and suspended from office pending an investigation.  As far as we know the dude is still in there, now frozen to death.

Vegan chick's speech about the male toxic obsession with breasts may have made more sense had they been showing their breasts.  Really all John Dutton did was offer blankets to partially clad women sitting in the cold weather as everyone else around was wearing winter coats. 

So John Dutton gets him some,  He starts driving her back to town.  She wants to get out and walk in the same area where Rip has just told John that they are moving the cattle due to "bear sign".   He expresses no concern for her well-being?  Yes she says she can flag down a cowboy but they are all on their way to the new pasture.

When John Dutton got ambushed pretty clearly the woman got killed.  No follow up one way or the other on her kid.  Seems strange.

BTW, love the show.  They just need a continuity guy to help the writer and the director.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever became of Jimmie's Cowboy hat?  He had it, was proud of it, but now it is gone?  Did the horse which threw him off eat it?  Did it blow away while he was down and out in the corral?   

When Rip and Lloyd released the recalcitrant horse back into the wild why did they not remove its shoes?  When it starts to throw a shoe, which is inevitable, that horse will come up lame.

Do the Governor and the Vegan chick get into a catfight moving forward?  I hope so.  Do Monica and the hot former ranch hand/stripper get into a cat fight?  They better.

Can Beth's scar please stop moving around her face?  

Why do the native americans long for a time when their grandfathers use to sleep on the ground at the Yellowstone, during the winter?  Do they not know about the starvation and desease which decimated their people.  Longing for the land, yes, but for the time, ridiculous. 

Angela Bluefeather would be hot if she did not rock the black lipstick.

Tate seems to have forgotten about Lucky. I thought if he did not feed it, it starves. Guess poor Lucky will come to an unlucky end.

Laramie - That chick takes no ownership for her role in anything.  I hope she learns that Walker has placed her about on par with a hole in the side of the barn.

This show has turned into a soap opera.  The writing this year is junk.  Beth's story arc is ridiculously unbelievable.

Was great to see Piper Parebo again though.  Still smokin.

Not really getting the hate.  It's the same show it always has been.  Maybe that's the problem for some?

It's because Taylor Sheridan is trying to turn the show around while not infringing on Kevin Costner's gigantic ego.

This show doesn't get the financing to start it or the ratings without Costner's star power. However Costner needs to be a hero all the time. Everything needs to revolve around his character and you can't cast or create a character that will steal scenes from him. That's incredibly limiting as a storyteller.

What Sheridan is doing is backdooring a giant middle finger to Costner's ego.

Will Patton's character tells Jamie that the Duttons don't see him as more than a useful tool and never really accepted him and he would only be a pawn in John Dutton's narcissism. And he's right. If Lee Dutton had lived beyond the pilot ( Dave Annable playing the mild Sonny Corleone role), would Rip Wheeler have been granted the keys to the future of Yellowstone?  Kayce is the inept version of Michael Corleone ( the youngest rebellious head strong son who ran off to the military but needs to come home to save his family)  Jamie is basically Fredo with a law degree and more of a conscience. Beth is the GF3 version of Talia Shire. Angry, brutal, vicious and shrewish.

The show's build isn't complicated. Sheridan likely watched some Game Of Thrones and The Godfather and asked himself - What would happen if the Corleone Family was not run but Don Vito, but by Tywin Lannister instead? 

Lloyd's storyline is a manifestation of what Jamie's real father is saying. There's a pretense of loyalty and family, but it's just all about John Dutton's insatiable ego. Lloyd gave 30 years to Yellowstone and what does he have to show for it? He doesn't get to inherit the kingdom like Rip. He's just nothing more than a glorified crew boss that's basically a slave to the ranch. The tension between Walker and Lloyd isn't about the blonde floozy. It's about Walker seeing and acting upon the reality of the truth about the Duttons and Yellowstone and not holding back about it. Lloyd bought in and it cost him and he regrets it. Walker knows exactly what the deal is and he knows it's all a sham. Lloyd has a problem with the truth. Whereas Rip is so invested in the lies, that his only choice was to be a Dutton to keep the truth from killing him.

John Dutton is a lousy father. It's Sheridan's way of saying the character is a lousy person in a way that can't be done openly because Costner can't handle being a real  three dimensional character on screen. It only really cements itself with Jimmy. John and Rip have always been rough and brutal with Jimmy, but now you see him in an environment where people sort of get he just needs more help. How Jimmy is treated is a reflection of what we don't see about how Lee, Jamie, Beth and Kayce were treated. But moreso of how Jamie was treated. John Dutton calls Jamie his son but you can clearly see he's never treated him like his son.

So to sell this to Costner, Sheridan likely had to push the idea of Dutton as man so purposeful, that he lost sight of his children, but he always loved them and everything is for them.

But in reality, the show's tone has moved somewhat to highlight what a crappy human being John Dutton has always been. Piper Perabo exists to serve Costner's ego. Saving a calf and showing her the "cowboy way" means he can convert even those who thought they should oppose him. Because Dutton is always right. But the antagonism by Beth to Piper Perabo shows it's all just another big lie. It's just a presentation of a good man and a decent person.

What did Dutton say a few episodes ago? "Why is it that in order for my children to find happiness, they all have to leave me?"

Walker isn't so much a character but a reality check for what Sheridan knows it's actually good storytelling. You can't have an omnipotent character like John Dutton and still have consistent conflict to drive some kind of progression.

Jimmy is John Dutton's David Putney. The point of the 6666 ranch story isn't to make you love Jimmy, but to show the contrast to Yellowstone to remind you of the lie that is John Dutton's life.

I wasn't quite sure where Sheridan was headed until I saw the first scene with Costner and Tate and unpacked the dialogue. Tate is to Dutton is like how Draco Malfoy saw Hermoine Granger as a "mudblood"  There is a latent undercurrent of racism within this show. It's not for woke, it's just how Sheridan envisions this culture.

Yeah I’m not getting it either.  It’s always been a modern day Dallas. It’s ridiculousness is always been what’s fun about it.  
Beth is still over the top? They’re still doing cowboy stuff on a cowboy ranch? The wife is a bad actress and annoying? Let’s make sure to sprinkle in the occasional gun violence, but not too much as that and a cooler filled rattlesnake murder might not be entirely believable. We wouldn’t want to lose our audience in season 3 doing the same stuff we’ve been doing. 

Beth is still over the top? They’re still doing cowboy stuff on a cowboy ranch? The wife is a bad actress and annoying? Let’s make sure to sprinkle in the occasional gun violence, but not too much as that and a cooler filled rattlesnake murder might not be entirely believable. We wouldn’t want to lose our audience in season 3 doing the same stuff we’ve been doing. 

I think that's why we watch. We get to see some cool cowboy stuff and horses with beautiful backdrops. Its eye candy with a little violence. Men being allowed to be men, "With a big nasty redhead at my side"!

What did Dutton say a few episodes ago? "Why is it that in order for my children to find happiness, they all have to leave me?"

Not sure if you are remembering this wrong, or trying to fit it into your anti-Dutton rant.  But it wasn't that they had to leave him, it was that they had to leave the ranch.

I thought last nights episode was pretty good. setup a good stretch to the finale.

Enjoyed the opening sequence.. No talking, just working the ranch with great cinematography. 

Beth realizing she bleeped up taking the job and pushes just the right buttons to get Summer to do what she can't do right now.
Should be an interesting mix of "Do my Job so I can screw all involved" and stop the destruction of Yellowstone.

The way John and Beth stood there and let Jamie believe the press conference for endorsement for Governor was for him  was top notch. Watching his smile and start walking down the steps, only to hear John's name called and watch him walk pass him on the steps.. :thumbup:  

If Jamie wasn't already all in with Daddy, he is now. Should make for an interesting last few episodes for control. Hoping Rip takes Jamie and/or his Dad to the Train. 

Pouty lips isn't going to let a let a little "Married" thing stop her from chasing Kayce.. and regardless of what he said to her, you can tell he has some interest.

John is going to get some resemblance of life back in the Lodge with Beth, Rip and Carter. If he wins Governorship, then Rip will be running the ranch.

The way John and Beth stood there and let Jamie believe the press conference for endorsement for Governor was for him  was top notch. Watching his smile and start walking down the steps, only to hear John's name called and watch him walk pass him on the steps..ranch.

It would be interesting if the show brought Dave Annable back as Lee Dutton to show his relationship with Jamie. Kayce seems very sympathetic to Jamie, at least of the children still left alive. There has to be some balance here, the entire situation with Beth was pretty tragic but Jamie was just a teenager as well. There has to be a tether of some kind of goodwill from at least one Dutton to keep Jamie as a believable character. Since Kayce was gone for so long, that can only be Lee. You just can't have Jamie eating this much crap from his family and have that rational for a human being to take so much.

The show has a Jack Ryan problem. Tom Clancy wrote Jack Ryan to be so perfect and upright and omnipotent that the only thing he could do was keeping making him rise until he was President. Now John Dutton is just going to magically be Governor. If this show runs long enough, he'll be President.

If Jamie was a true villain, he'd have Tate killed. That way his own son would be the only future of Yellowstone. There's an interesting dynamic to be hand with Carter and Tate. For people with no choices, Yellowstone is like a prison. You could see all of Lloyd's dignity burn out when he traded that belt buckle. What did John Dutton really earn? 1883 will end up showing what his father and grandfather ending up giving him.

Mayor of Kingstown might end up being the better overall written show with a little time. Jeremy Renner just doesn't have the same uncontrollable ego like Costner.

I have a hard time seeing how Tate survives this show. There are too many conflict drivers built around his potential death.

When I was growing up we had a pretty big yard. Not football field sized, but big enough to have decent sized pickup games with the neighborhood kids. There was this one kid, Jimmy, who always came over. He couldn’t catch a lick, but he always wanted to play. Just about every time a pass came his way he’d inevitably drop it like it was a bee hive full of buzzing bees. Anyway, whenever Jimmy would drop an easy pass we’d all yell out, “Jimmy Hands!” and he’d look at his hands and mutter, “dammit, Jimmy” to himself.

I never thought I’d have another use for the term, but now if I ever witness someone jerking off a horse I’ll proudly exclaim “Jimmy Hands!” right in their face. 

Enjoyed this past Sunday’s episode. Looks like the last 3 will be a wild ride. My god Beth is satan. I mean wow what a miserable human being. Love to hate her. 

Kacee going to fall into bed with a wild one really soon.....can see that coming. And John Dutton running for Governor.....fireworks will ensue. Setting up for a crazy finale. And only 10 episodes? Come on...we gotta start getting more from Yellowstone. It’s just too good.

Jamie has to be the weakest male character on TV that I can remember.  Was there a person alive watching who did know his dad would talk him out of holding him accountable.  It was the least suspenseful scene in television history.  
We fast-forwarded that scene and every Jamie-at-home scene since.  It's an awful storyline.

Enjoyed this past Sunday’s episode. Looks like the last 3 will be a wild ride. My god Beth is satan. I mean wow what a miserable human being. Love to hate her. 

Kacee going to fall into bed with a wild one really soon.....can see that coming. And John Dutton running for Governor.....fireworks will ensue. Setting up for a crazy finale. And only 10 episodes? Come on...we gotta start getting more from Yellowstone. It’s just too good.

No way.

Can only hope if it does happen, it's the end of the sniveling Monica...

Another meh episode save for the very end. 

Last two should be explosive. I just wish they would have more than 10 episodes per season.....come on now. Stretch it out a little more. 15-17 episodes!!!

Another meh episode save for the very end. 

Last two should be explosive. I just wish they would have more than 10 episodes per season.....come on now. Stretch it out a little more. 15-17 episodes!!!
Felt they answered a few questions in this episode that were left in the air..

Why is Beth such a bleep every time they have meals in the Dining room?
Answer.. It is "Fake", not true of what her family is.. If we've learned anything about Beth is that "Fake" is not something she can ever tolerate. 

The "Will he hook up with pouty lips or not?" is basically over now with the "We did it like 🐇 and I'm pregnant" discussion. 

How will Beth handle working both sides of the fence regrading stopping the land grab while supposedly trying to help? Thought she's played that well and calling the NY Times shall increase her work to stop it now.

and, as you mentioned, the last 5 minutes were quite intense. 

Felt they answered a few questions in this episode that were left in the air..

Answer.. It is "Fake", not true of what her family is.. If we've learned anything about Beth is that "Fake" is not something she can ever tolerate. 

The "Will he hook up with pouty lips or not?" is basically over now with the "We did it like 🐇 and I'm pregnant" discussion. 

How will Beth handle working both sides of the fence regrading stopping the land grab while supposedly trying to help? Thought she's played that well and calling the NY Times shall increase her work to stop it now.

and was you mentioned the last 5 minutes were quite intense. 
This is our favorite show. We just want more!!!!!

This is our favorite show. We just want more!!!!!
Agree 100% .. Only show I know that my wife and I both watch together in that she is more excited for each week then I am. 

We recorded the 1st episode of 1883 last night and plan to watch it tonight...

IF it is as good as the previews made it look to be, we will probably be signing up for Paramount+ soon. :popcorn:  

Agree 100% .. Only show I know that my wife and I both watch together in that she is more excited for each week then I am. 

We recorded the 1st episode of 1883 last night and plan to watch it tonight...

IF it is as good as the previews made it look to be, we will probably be signing up for Paramount+ soon. :popcorn:  
Yes same here! Also checking out 1883 as well.

How did she survive a bomb that was no more than 12-15 feet from her? That blew out the entire 2nd floor of a building?

Get a Cheytac M200 Intervention .408 anti-material rifle. At range, wait for John Dutton to stand by the corral and then snipe him. In fact, have three different shooters bracket Dutton when he's outside to be sure.

If you want Kayce in his office, just start tossing hand grenades inside of it. Where is he going to go? Toss about ten of them in a row there and what is he going to do? If he manages to survive that, just walk in and shoot Kayce when he's on the ground.

If you want to pick off Beth, just send someone into her office and have them walk in after her with a suppressed sub machine gun.

Rip is an enforcer but only has any real power if John Dutton is alive.

Killing the Dutton should be the literal easiest thing to do on the show. But the characters need plot armor. The multiple staged hits at the end of S3 only makes sense if at least one of them succeeded.

From a practical perspective, it should have been Tate. It's clear the show is replacing him with Carter ( Finn Little) who is a more seasoned and superior child actor. He also has nice chemistry with Kelly Reilly.

The real question is why the show refuses to use Gil Birmingham, who is an incredible actor. He's been reduced to Costner's corporate Tonto. He could act circles around Bentley, Reilly, Hauser and Grimes.

snogger said:
What makes you say that/why did the show go with a bunch of that story line then?   

Yeah, when I was watching my recording I had to hit "info" cause I thought I was watching the wrong show.
Same.  The um questionable links I use to watch this stuff has links to the wrong show occasionally and I fast forwarded until the Yellowstone opening to make sure I wasn't accidentally starting 1883. :lol:

bryhamm said:
Said no one ever prior to this.
well I would think most cucks would love her.    who in their right mind would ever "sitting in front of child talking about sex, erogenous zones, prostate issues, and dropping F bombs at the dinner table?"  I think the writers have done enough making her "The baddest mother ####er who has ever lived!"  I can't actually believe people enjoy her banter at this point.  

Fan of the show, but please stop the 6666 story line. There better be some kind of payoff, because if the only message is that life is better on a ranch in Texas than Montana, it's working. And it's boring.

Users who are viewing this thread