What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Year-end Song Draft - Playlist in post #1 (1 Viewer)

Enough of the low lying fruit.  I wanna prove my chops amongst all the big music Johnsons' floating around here.  I was "in" on this band back in 2019 after their inaugural album (check the playlist, boytches!).  One of my earliest and most immediately acknowledged as one of the premier songs of the year...

SCS 3AM

Durand Jones & the Indications - Witchoo

J

I won't draft another song from this album because there are so many songs I like I won't double dip. Not sure if that's consensus or not, if it is, I'll come back and add what song I would have picked from this album.
You do you, NV.  I'm confident you'll make the ideal choice between overall quality vs diversity.  Myself?  I don't care if a song exists on an album or by an artist I've already mentioned.  Good music is good music.  For example...

This was the best song of the year in my opinion - the big epic conclusion to one of the best albums of the year. I'm tempted to pick something different because I'm sure others will pick from this album but I'll show it the love it deserves with my first round pick.

1.NV - Triple Dog Dare - Lucy Dacus
God bless you, NV.  I won't disappoint you.  I will draft another song from this album/artist.  It'll be my next pick unless I'm sniped prior to my PM pick.  Another of my favorite songs of 2021.  I still remember you posting it in the 2021 Music Thread prior to the mid-year draft.  Another wonderful album chocked full of good songs.

J

If it's not too late to join...

Round One 

Artist: Geese 

Spotify Song: Disco

In the van dry heaving...

Round Two 

Artist: Injury Reserve 

Spotify Song: Superman That

Video: Superman That

Ain't no savin' me ain't no savin' me or you

Round Three 

Artist: Maxo Kream and Tyler, The Creator 

Spotify Song: Big Persona

Video: Big Persona

Round Four  

Artist: Van Buren Records 

Spotify Song: Medic

Video: MEDIC

Last edited by a moderator:
wikkid's favorite band
I don't even know if that's a joke or not. He surprises me at times. Was he saying something about the injured reserve in the SP? Inquiring minds...

I think he liked the Depaysement song I linked to last half of the year.

I love love love this Injury Reserve song.  Does not strike me as up wik's alley, but hey, who knows? 

I probably said this in the 2021 thread but this song gives me such great "The Band" vibes.

5.NV - Phoenix - Big Red Machine (featuring Fleet Foxes & Anais Mitchell)

Yeah, steelcitysledgehammers seems to be a big Badflower fan, I did a "Badflower" forums search before I made my pick, and he has posted a lot about the band over the years.

https://forums.footballguys.com/search/?q=badflower&quick=1

That's me, alright.  I'm probably unfairly comparing the songs from this album to their previous works instead of comparing them to other new music released this year.  Nothing new has really grabbed me the way their earlier stuff did.  I still enjoy the album and continue to endorse them as one of my favorite bands, but if I honestly had to rank all my favorite Badflower tunes, nothing off this album would crack the top 10.  Not that the new stuff is bad, it's just I felt their previous works were outstanding.  It's all a matter of perspective.

I'm still glad to see them represented on the Playlist, though.  I'm hoping I played some small role in someone else discovering them.

J

I've fallen behind in the count.  Time to catch up.

Looking back at the mid-year draft, I also selected this song with my 4th pick.  Seems fitting to do so again.  Credit to NV who posted this in the 2021 Music thread back in April.  I can't explain it, but this song just sticks with me.  More than 7 months later I still occasionally spontaneously start singing "You used to be so sweet now you're a firecracker on a crowded street".  Another song that I predict will always spark my 2021 neurons upon hearing it.  Thanks, NV!

SCS 4PM
Hot & Heavy - Lucy Dacus

I had chosen "Boilermaker" by this band in the mid-year draft, but I'm going to switch things up and select the title track off this excellent album that I enjoy just as much.

SCS 5AM
Typhoons - Royal Blood

I selected the following song towards the end of the mid-year since it was technically released as a single back in 2018 and just got put on the bands first full-length album this year (thus making it eligible - I also searched the forums for the band/song name and it's never been mentioned before so I'm not treading on worn ground).  I'm moving it up cause I really love this song.  Even after 3 years of listening to it I still enjoy it very much.  Enough to leap-frog a bunch of other songs from this year.

SCS 6PM
.AmericanBlood. - Dead Poet Society

J

SCS 1AM
Good 4 U - Olivia Rodrigo

SCS 2PM
Leave the Door Open - Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak & Silk Sonic

SCS 3AM
Durand Jones & the Indications - Witchoo

6. Squistion - Aaron Frazer - If I Got It

https://youtu.be/bXJdXpiZO1A

Aaron Frazer, drummer/vocalist for retro soul funk band, Durand Jones & Indications made the mid year list a couple times (Once with the band and once on his own).

This is another track off his solo LP which has a nice mid 60's Motown flavor, like something Eddie Kendricks could have stepped into. 

🎶You're the sugar in my tea

You're everything to me

If I got it,

ooh baby, your love brought it 🎶

Users who are viewing this thread