What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which of these issues was the worst crime committed by Trump after losing the election (2 Viewers)

Concerning the above crimes

• Total voters
So many crimes in such a short period of time...

If you included his lifespan you could field a 64 team Trump Crime Tourney bracket in march. What a final four!

Liz thinks you should add this:

“Did Donald Trump, through action or inaction, corruptly seek to obstruct or impede Congress’ official proceedings to count electoral votes?”

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.)

No Bogart I would not

But we have a recorded phone call to the Georgia official, clearly asking to find more votes. And he has documented social media statements towards Pence to "do the right thing" and overturn the election. Are these not actions, again not saying crime or not, but if feels like these are steps he took.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz thinks you should add this:

“Did Donald Trump, through action or inaction, corruptly seek to obstruct or impede Congress’ official proceedings to count electoral votes?”

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.)
Isn't that covered in a few of the poll options?

vote as you see fit

Pressuring Georgia election officials to “find 11,780 votes,”

Attempting to seize the voting machines

Setting up fake electors to circumvent the will of the voters

Pushing the DOJ to “just say it was fraud”

Pressing Pence to overturn the election

Sending a violent mob to seize the Capitol and take over Congress.

-Concerning the above crimes

- Trump should be held accountable and prosecuted

My viewpoint is Tulsi Gabbard had the best take on the situation. Clearly Trump said and did things that were not in keeping with what was best for the American people post election day in the 2020 general cycle. However proving criminality is an entirely different manner, and she  believed that impeachment was not designed to be a partisan weapon. This goes back to Alexander Hamilton and The Federalist Papers and brings up the question of the Founder's Intent when it comes to the impeachment process.

You say crimes were committed. OK, specifically what crimes were committed.

Point to note, I started a top level thread months ago stating I don't want Trump to run in 2024 and I want him out of professional politics. But just because I'd rather the GOP move on doesn't mean you can just start randomly start creating law and crimes out of thin air to railroad Trump because it fits your apparent tribalism.

There are political issues that can be unethical and fail the "above reproach" test but not cross into the bounds of illegal. You can start shouting that it's unfair and I'll say most people figure out unfair is just a part of how life works, and usually they figure that out in the 7th grade.

This country has been moving towards communism since Nixon and Kissinger. Most of Congress works for China and the U.N. along with the corporations who worship profits from Chinese child slave labor. Since they aren’t black slaves Kaepernick and the rest of the race hustlers and commie social justice tools just don’t care. Trump is awful. He started operation warp speed and plays controlled opposition to appease the anti globalist Americans and give them false hope. I would like to see Fraudulent Fauci, Gates, Soros, Trump, Biden and the Clinton Bush crime families all jailed. Take all their phony foundation and trust monies and pay off the national debt. That would be a great new start.

But we have a recorded phone call to the Georgia official, clearly asking to find more votes. And he has documented social media statements towards Pence to "do the right thing" and overturn the election. Are these not actions, again not saying crime or not, but if feels like these are steps he took.
What crimes are those?

This country has been moving towards communism since Nixon and Kissinger. Most of Congress works for China and the U.N. along with the corporations who worship profits from Chinese child slave labor. Since they aren’t black slaves Kaepernick and the rest of the race hustlers and commie social justice tools just don’t care. Trump is awful. He started operation warp speed and plays controlled opposition to appease the anti globalist Americans and give them false hope. I would like to see Fraudulent Fauci, Gates, Soros, Trump, Biden and the Clinton Bush crime families all jailed. Take all their phony foundation and trust monies and pay off the national debt. That would be a great new start.
Who’s going to arrest them?  Who’s going to prosecute them?  It’s a rigged game. 

I think the biggest crime Trump has committed is not paying rent for living in the minds of liberals everyday since 2016. 

My viewpoint is Tulsi Gabbard had the best take on the situation. Clearly Trump said and did things that were not in keeping with what was best for the American people post election day in the 2020 general cycle. However proving criminality is an entirely different manner, and she  believed that impeachment was not designed to be a partisan weapon. This goes back to Alexander Hamilton and The Federalist Papers and brings up the question of the Founder's Intent when it comes to the impeachment process.

Point to note, I started a top level thread months ago stating I don't want Trump to run in 2024 and I want him out of professional politics. But just because I'd rather the GOP move on doesn't mean you can just start randomly start creating law and crimes out of thin air to railroad Trump because it fits your apparent tribalism.

There are political issues that can be unethical and fail the "above reproach" test but not cross into the bounds of illegal. You can start shouting that it's unfair and I'll say most people figure out unfair is just a part of how life works, and usually they figure that out in the 7th grade.

Thanks for quoting me. You make my posts seem much more intelligible and to the point.

Thinking there  is quite a bit more to come out before all is said and done. Promising to pardon witnesses who committed crimes certainly puts witness tampering in play. Heard tonight that Trump donated 1 million to Meadows charity 25 days after the insurrection…..before the impeachment trial. If that doesn’t look like hush money I don’t know what does. Obviously I follow  this committee pretty close, surprising I missed this but there has been so much the last couple weeks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-gave-1m-meadows-nonprofit-weeks-after-jan-6-panel-n1288334

It seems to be accelerating but it’s always seemed that way.  Nothing has ever come of it.  I don’t expect anything to come of this either to be honest.  I mean maybe some piddly #### but nothing approaching sedition or treason.  

It seems to be accelerating but it’s always seemed that way.  Nothing has ever come of it.  I don’t expect anything to come of this either to be honest.  I mean maybe some piddly #### but nothing approaching sedition or treason.  

It's going to be a nothing burger, just like all of the other liberal investigations before it.  

Dems are trying influence voters that Trump is evil and bla bla bla.  It's not working.  They are about to get their asses handed to them and this thread is a perfect example as to why.

I agree. Trump has always done the things that often can be interpeted as a crime but rich and powerful people ,especially former Presdients are off limits to the crimes most would be convicted for.

It's going to be a nothing burger, just like all of the other liberal investigations before it.  

Dems are trying influence voters that Trump is evil and bla bla bla.  It's not working.  They are about to get their asses handed to them and this thread is a perfect example as to why.
Yeah I heard that about 2018 and 2020 as well.  

This guy gets it

I voted all of the above, but it's water under the bridge, let's move on.

And don't take my word for it. Take it from the courts who won't end up putting him in jail.

Which I have said all along on every issue from Russia to whatever else to this. He put near endless amounts of extra cash into the billionaire's pockets. Him walking is their way of saying "thanks".

Thinking there  is quite a bit more to come out before all is said and done. Promising to pardon witnesses who committed crimes certainly puts witness tampering in play. Heard tonight that Trump donated 1 million to Meadows charity 25 days after the insurrection…..before the impeachment trial. If that doesn’t look like hush money I don’t know what does. Obviously I follow  this committee pretty close, surprising I missed this but there has been so much the last couple weeks.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-gave-1m-meadows-nonprofit-weeks-after-jan-6-panel-n1288334

1.) Trump didn't donate money. His PAC did. His fans keep sending it money, and that's how he spends it.

2.) I don't know enough about Meadows' nonprofit organization but something tells me that "charity" might not be the right word for what it is

ETA: the nonprofit is Conservative Partnership Institute. Looks like Meadows is 2nd fiddle behind one Jim Dimint (the former president of Heritage Foundation).

I got a two minute minor for how I introduced the topic that would have been better off being asked ‘what exactly is a bridge too far?’ I was genuinely curious but the timing sucked nearly as bad as my manners. So this question remains unanswered (in perpetuity?)

As an unbuilt pillar against total madness. Can you please describe your  limit.. not a soul answered their truth. The response to the lack of response is perceived as arrogance or hypocrisy but it feels more like dread and incredulity to me, for which justification hasn’t been disproven.

I’m convinced that I wouldn’t be capable of following my tribe that far away from democratic normalcy.  But not for a few eye opening moments  I think I was open to pushing Rogan down so I can see maybe I’m just as open to tribal warfare in lieu of seeking truth and justice as anyone.

I know it’s a lecture that is naive and most falling on deaf ears. But water doesn’t carve stone in a day. 

The antidote for lies and excuses isn’t opposing lies. It’s the truth. And the truth is DJT is a wannabe autocrat. No amount of ‘Biden is bad’ ‘libs are stupid hypocrites’ makes that go away. And I my mind, excusing his sins against our institution is a huge insult.

I got a two minute minor for how I introduced the topic that would have been better off being asked ‘what exactly is a bridge too far?’ I was genuinely curious but the timing sucked nearly as bad as my manners. So this question remains unanswered (in perpetuity?)

As an unbuilt pillar against total madness. Can you please describe your  limit.. not a soul answered their truth. The response to the lack of response is perceived as arrogance or hypocrisy but it feels more like dread and incredulity to me, for which justification hasn’t been disproven.

I’m convinced that I wouldn’t be capable of following my tribe that far away from democratic normalcy.  But not for a few eye opening moments  I think I was open to pushing Rogan down so I can see maybe I’m just as open to tribal warfare in lieu of seeking truth and justice as anyone.

I know it’s a lecture that is naive and most falling on deaf ears. But water doesn’t carve stone in a day. 

The antidote for lies and excuses isn’t opposing lies. It’s the truth. And the truth is DJT is a wannabe autocrat. No amount of ‘Biden is bad’ ‘libs are stupid hypocrites’ makes that go away. And I my mind, excusing his sins against our institution is a huge insult.
Bill Kristal said,

"In polls a clear majority of Americans say they disapprove of Jan. 6,

want Jan. 6 lawbreakers punished,

support the Jan. 6 committee,

and want to know the truth about Jan. 6.

Simple-minded idea: Democrats should label Republicans the pro-Jan. 6 party and run against them on that.'"

I think that clear majority of voters have reached their "breaking point" with Trump as he definitively gone too far. Sympathizing and supportive congressmen / senators may blow the easiest, layup mid-term in decades.

ShamrockPride said:
I voted all of the above, but it's water under the bridge, let's move on.

And don't take my word for it. Take it from the courts who won't end up putting him in jail.

Which I have said all along on every issue from Russia to whatever else to this. He put near endless amounts of extra cash into the billionaire's pockets. Him walking is their way of saying "thanks".
I am betting McConnell wants the committee to continue their work and find something that will stick on Trump so the party can be rid of him once and for all. And there are other Republicans that feel the same. Probably likes much of Trump’s policy but thinks we need whoever is the leader of the GOP to be likable. Let’s see what water went under the bridge as long as we have got this far. No harm done that those 9 members of the committee to do their work except for those that are being investigated. We all want people who commit crimes (if they did) to do the time. If they didn’t they didn’t that’s good too. Republicans need to have the look that they respect the law and the Constitution. Letting this continue is their opportunity to show they do. Polls show most want the committee to continue, it’s not a good look to buck the majority going into the midterms.

pinkham13 said:
For what?

TripItUp said:
care to make a wager?  Even the liberal media outlets are all but admitting a sizeable defeat this year.
Well according to Old Two Scoops, the Vice President picks the winners of elections so I think you might be surprised.  

knowledge dropper said:
The same guys singing the same song every single day since 2016 is the epitome of blind hatred.  
Maybe so but anyone that supports the actions of the former president has blind loyalty to a person that does not deserve any.  

A president putting pressure on a state election officer to "find votes", setting up fake electors to purposely overturn an election, etc.   These used to be the actions of a third world dictator, not the president of the United States of America.

It should enrage all Americans regardless of party affiliation and it boggles my mind that you and others okay with it.  

Users who are viewing this thread