What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Ukraine Conflict Thread (1 Viewer)

Humanity shocks me.

Russian people are living their lives doing the best they can, people in Ukraine are live their lives doing the best they can. The people of both countries do not want this.

A leader in Putin decides we want your country.  Not because you were aggressive towards us, but we now must kill you!

Now tens of thousands of people will be killed, families destroyed, economies ruined. 
It’s truly horrible. I feel terrible for those people. 

Unclear if Putin is speaking right now on Russian TV. It's 6am there and the speech at first seemed to be the same as one played two days ago (and Putin is wearing the same clothes at the same desk as that speech). However, people translating the language indicate there are new statements in this speech and that Putin has said he's "authorized a special military operation" to "demilitarize and denazify" Ukraine, but not to occupy.

Translations from twitter, so grain of salt:

Putin: "All responsibility for the possible bloodletting will be on the conscience of the current Ukrainian regime"

Also said that all Ukrainian solders who lay down their arms will be able to return to their families.

But we do have an edit machine.  :shrug:
What do you think is going on here? I was making a joke about Obama's assassination list. Maybe we could've killed an American citizen in the process.

I wasn't suggesting to assassinate Putin right now.

BTW, I'm shocked people are talking about Trump here when mush brains cancelled his sanctions, watched this all go down, and all they've done so far is reinstitute the Trump sanctions.

What do you think is going on here? I was making a joke about Obama's assassination list. Maybe we could've killed an American citizen in the process.

BTW, I'm shocked people are talking about Trump here when mush brains cancelled his sanctions, watched this all go down, and all they've done so far is reinstitute the Trump sanctions.
Biden isn't doing a good job.  But at least he's not rooting for Putin.........

#BREAKING: Putin: “Those who try to prevent us will receive a military response, this response will lead to consequences that you have not encountered. We are ready for anything.” 

"To anyone who would consider interfering from the outside: if you do, you will face consequences greater than any you have faced in history. All relevant decisions have been taken. I hope you hear me."

I figured this would eventually happen after Crimea.  The person who compared this to Taiwan was correct.  If China moved in on Taiwan, we would be upset, may slap some sanctions, but we aren't starting WW3 over Taiwan or Ukraine.......

The real question is, is Putin crazy enough to attack a NATO country?  On its face it seems suicidal to do so, but dictators don't always think straight.....If you attack a NATO country, you have to respond militarily.  There is absolutely no alternative.....
I don’t think Putin would attack a NATO country, I don’t even think he tries to take western Ukraine this go around.  But I also don’t think any force or collective force in Europe could stop him from taking Europe, and I think he knows that. 

Biden isn't doing a good job.  But at least he's not rooting for Putin.........
Oh lord. 

I'm glad Trump isn't in office at this exact moment, but if you think this would be happening if his he was in office, you're just as crazy if you think he's actually rooting for Russia. Dude got impeached for a phone call involving the armament of Ukraine. If anything, he probably thought he was taking a shot at Biden, but like always, he was too stupid to word it correctly.

I don’t think Putin would attack a NATO country, I don’t even think he tries to take western Ukraine this go around.  But I also don’t think any force or collective force in Europe could stop him from taking Europe, and I think he knows that. 
Taking Europe? How would he do that. 

Yeah but he won't just face Europe and he knows that too.....

Right. It’s ####ty to say but If Ukraine were this important we would have placed troops there, gotten them in NATO, etc years ago. 

Probably not that easy but it sure seems like it. 

I just posted that so you dont get the ban hammer.  :thumbup:

Otherwise, I got the joke.

Oh lord. 

I'm glad Trump isn't in office at this exact moment, but if you think this would be happening if his he was in office, you're just as crazy if you think he's actually rooting for Russia. Dude got impeached for a phone call involving the armament of Ukraine. If anything, he probably thought he was taking a shot at Biden, but like always, he was too stupid to word it correctly.
Hey remember when Gorbachev cracked down on Lithuania in 1991 and Carter complimented Gorbachev for being so smart and savvy?  Yeah, me either.......

I know a certain part of the public has been lead to believe that Trump's words don't mean anything.....but they do.

I'll give you the last word on this since Trump literally makes me sick.....

Jennifer Griffin on FoxNews and CNN saying reporters are hearing explosions in Kyiv - no confirmations yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey remember when Gorbachev cracked down on Lithuania in 1991 and Carter complimented Gorbachev for being so smart and savvy?  Yeah, me either.......

I know a certain part of the public has been lead to believe that Trump's words don't mean anything.....but they do.

I'll give you the last word on this since Trump literally makes me sick.....
I basically called the guy a moron, which I've always said along with being a narcissist, but apologies if I don't think he's "pulling for Russia" in this case.

Hot Diggity Dog said:
It is all sitting there waiting to be extracted, it is known reserves.  100's of years worth.  It is also a fungible world wide market. production will find a buyer especially as the price falls.  
Where are you getting your info?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_natural_gas_proven_reserves

shows Russia has almost 4 times the proven reserves in natural gas as the US. That site shows the US has 14 years of production in reserve.  I'm sure they'll find more but how much can the US produce, and ship? 

The war mongers are on the Left now.  Who knew?

Russia doesn’t want its next door neighbor being in NATO.  And that is completely reasonable.  We should have given him that assurance.  We didn’t.

I figured this would eventually happen after Crimea.  The person who compared this to Taiwan was correct.  If China moved in on Taiwan, we would be upset, may slap some sanctions, but we aren't starting WW3 over Taiwan or Ukraine.......

The real question is, is Putin crazy enough to attack a NATO country?  On its face it seems suicidal to do so, but dictators don't always think straight.....If you attack a NATO country, you have to respond militarily.  There is absolutely no alternative.....
There is a misunderstanding here about Taiwan. We are pledged to Taiwan in the same way we are pledged to NATO countries. 

I don’t want to derail this but I think he’s pulling for anything that makes the guy that beat him look bad. When has he not shown this to be the most important thing?
I mean, I called him a narcissist. Do you think I'm disagreeing with you? Didn't I basically just say what you just said in a different way? I think he was going for a Biden bash, but he was dumb enough it could be spun as praise of Putin in this situation. "I think Biden is outmatched"- I think this was the message he intended to convey. 

The trouble there is, it's true.

So let’s say the US sends a few of our F35s and B1 bombers to bomb the sh!t out of Russian positions and take out some of their jets...but denies having anything to do with it...like Putin would do. What is Russia going to do about it? 

legit question. I’m curious. 

So let’s say the US sends a few of our F35s and B1 bombers to bomb the sh!t out of Russian positions and take out some of their jets...but denies having anything to do with it...like Putin would do. What is a Russia going to do about it? 

I don’t think we would do that, but if we did I believe it would be considered an act of war. 

Russia doesn’t want its next door neighbor being in NATO.  And that is completely reasonable.  We should have given him that assurance.  We didn’t.
I found this article really interesting. They review the past quarter century and demonstrate it’s the threat of democracy, not NATO expansion, that has always been what motivated Putin 

Right. It’s ####ty to say but If Ukraine were this important we would have placed troops there, gotten them in NATO, etc years ago. 

Probably not that easy but it sure seems like it. 
Ukraine made another pitch to be in NATO last year but Biden refused citing "government corruption."

So let’s say the US sends a few of our F35s and B1 bombers to bomb the sh!t out of a Russian positions and take out some of their jets...but denies having anything to do with it...like Putin would do. What is a Russia going to do about it? 

At this point, I'm worried Putin is the biggest hot head on the planet, and I live near a Naval base which is probably on the nuke list. GL; peace Ukraine for me.

If we get into a legit conflict with Russia over Ukraine, I'm afraid we're actually on the cusp of nukes getting launched. My main hope right now is Ukraine has the backbone to bloody Russia as much as possible, and that our side prepares to fight for something more strategically important like Taiwan. I'm not optimistic of either.

I mean, I called him a narcissist. Do you think I'm disagreeing with you? Didn't I basically just say what you just said in a different way? I think he was going for a Biden bash, but he was dumb enough it could be spun as praise of Putin in this situation. "I think Biden is outmatched"- I think this was the message he intended to convey. 

The trouble there is, it's true.
Fair enough. The most watched news network has their entertainers talking in the same manner that Trump did.  People are openly siding with Russia moving into the country on this page so things are a bit odd at the moment, 

In any case what steps aren’t we taking that should be done?

I found this article really interesting. They review the past quarter century and demonstrate it’s the threat of democracy, not NATO expansion, that has always been what motivated Putin 
He doesn't want Russian people hearing about how their Russian speaking neighbours are making more than the $400/month that the average Russian makes. 

Well, I mean, if you start taking over countries at some point he's going to bump into a NATO country.

If you don't want to be next to a NATO country then stop taking over countries

I basically called the guy a moron, which I've always said along with being a narcissist, but apologies if I don't think he's "pulling for Russia" in this case.
FTR I don’t think he’s pulling for Russia either. But I also don’t think he minds if they succeed. Trump is impressed by military force. 

Fair enough. The most watched news network has their entertainers talking in the same manner that Trump did.  People are openly siding with Russia moving into the country on this page so things are a bit odd at the moment, 

In any case what steps aren’t we taking that should be done?
Oh please. Give me a break. Can you put your Trump hysteria down for one second?

Users who are viewing this thread