What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Mark Andrews, BAL (1 Viewer)

I should drop Dulcich for Engram and just play him this week, right? Some moron (not the guy I’m playing this week) added Likely in waivers so I will be screwed if Andrews is announced out Monday.
Having Dulcich on a bye while Andrews is questionable for a Monday is an annoying little puzzle.
Welp the Waller owner just added Engram so it’s Andrews or bust. I am getting killed by the bye week so it probably won’t matter.

I should drop Dulcich for Engram and just play him this week, right? Some moron (not the guy I’m playing this week) added Likely in waivers so I will be screwed if Andrews is announced out Monday.
Having Dulcich on a bye while Andrews is questionable for a Monday is an annoying little puzzle.
Welp the Waller owner just added Engram so it’s Andrews or bust. I am getting killed by the bye week so it probably won’t matter.
I’d rather roll with Andrews and take the zero than cut dulcich for someone who will probably get you close to zero anyhow. Dulcich seems like he could be something this year

Mark Andrews (shoulder) did not practice Friday.​

Both Andrews and John Harbaugh downplayed the injury after TNF last week and Harbaugh said it wasn't a major injury on Monday. Andrews took little practice in advance of Week 7 and Week 8 and still played, so we're still optimistic he'll at least get to questionable. But he has just three receptions for 33 yards over those two weeks. He'll be hard to bench in season-long leagues if he is indeed listed as questionable on Saturday, but the production should at least give DFS players some pause on the showdown slate.
SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter
Nov 4, 2022, 2:11 PM ET

Stupid Monday night game, and stupid fantasy for not allowing some sort of "play dude X unless other dude (Andrews) is active".
Only drawback I can see is if dude X scores 40 and then a team scrambles to trade the Monday night guy. However, I don't really see that as a drawback.
A lot of you guys have a lot of teams, and wow, imagine how much more less tedious sundays would be for you if you could set lineups that can be based on active status

You'd think the smart move knowing Likely has shown he's more than productive in this offense, they'd let their 2nd best offensive weapon in Andrews get the rest this game and thru the bye.

You'd think the smart move knowing Likely has shown he's more than productive in this offense, they'd let their 2nd best offensive weapon in Andrews get the rest this game and thru the bye.
This would kind of entirely depend on what is actually going on with him. Perhaps his knee is perfectly fine, and they are giving his shoulder rest for the heck of it until the game.
If knee and shoulder are still an issue then sure, that's what I would want them to do if I was a fan

Stupid Monday night game, and stupid fantasy for not allowing some sort of "play dude X unless other dude (Andrews) is active".
Only drawback I can see is if dude X scores 40 and then a team scrambles to trade the Monday night guy. However, I don't really see that as a drawback.
A lot of you guys have a lot of teams, and wow, imagine how much more less tedious sundays would be for you if you could set lineups that can be based on active status
Someone should start a fantasy football style league like this and call it best ball

(fantasypros) Mark Andrews continues to deal with a shoulder injury he suffered last week, and he remained out of practice on Thursday.

Analysis: Head coach John Harbaugh previously noted that he did not believe the injury was a "major thing" but no practice whatsoever is always worth monitoring. Luckily for Andrews, the Ravens have an extra day of rest as they are set to face the Saints on Monday Night Football in Week 9. Andrews is the type of player that could suit up without practicing but fantasy mangers will want to have a contingency plan in place in case he cannot go this week. If Isaiah Likely is still out there on some waiver wires, he needs to be picked up universally.

I have Likely and he would be the easy choice to play this week as I have Schultz on bye. However, They play Monday so I Likely won't know if Andrews is out until too late. Hopefully they rule him out early if he is not playing.
depends on what else is on the wire, but Likely may still be a viable play regardless. With Andrews not practicing again, would expect him to be limited and Ravens WR corps is a dumpster fire, so there would be many worse options than Likely even if Andrews is active.

Someone should start a fantasy football style league like this and call it best ball
I hate you

I hate you
I commished a league that had that option. The request had to be in writing. The last post by the owner is the one that took precedence. One the game of EITHER of the two players (starter or alternate) started, that substitution was locked and could not be changed or revoked.

I wish they said exactly WHAT the shoulder injury was. I assume it's not a shoulder stinger and more serious than a bone bruise...

I wish they said exactly WHAT the shoulder injury was. I assume it's not a shoulder stinger and more serious than a bone bruise...
Well, the Ravens said Bateman was fine and just tweaked his foot and 4 or 5 days later he's out for the season with a Lis-Franc injury. The Ravens are most likely providing misinformation on this one too, IMO. Some teams/coaches, you just can't trust.

Ravens TE Mark Andrews (shoulder) missed Saturday's practice.​

Andrews and Gus Edwards (hamstring) both look unlikely to play after not practicing this week. Isaiah Likely would start and be a plug-and-play option if Andrews is ruled out while Kenyan Drake should pick up Edwards' snaps. Holding out Andrews will give him two weeks to get healthy ahead of the Ravens' Week 10 bye.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN
Nov 5, 2022, 11:45 AM ET

Likely looks …. likely. I’m probably gonna pull Knox and throw in Likely.
With Freiermuth on a bye, Knox is currently in and Likely will likely be available if I act quick enough lol. Idk - I had Gronk and Knox last year and it was all good. Knox returning to form and he has Allen. Likely a one week play. Is Knox only one week or will he heat up some more? I see Knox trending up as a low end TE #1.

Not sure why that scenario would even be possible since Your 40 point scorer isnt in your lineup until Andrews is declared out so if Andrews gets traded at the last minute the mr 40 points dude doesnt count since he is no longer on your team to fulfill that contingency start imo. Contingency starts IS something you can do as a league though. It isnt common but it happens in alot of leagues.

Last edited:
Mark Andrews did not practice again Saturday 11/5/22. He's now listed as doubtful for Monday night.

Well, the Ravens said Bateman was fine and just tweaked his foot and 4 or 5 days later he's out for the season with a Lis-Franc injury. The Ravens are most likely providing misinformation on this one too, IMO. Some teams/coaches, you just can't trust.
Agreed. John Harbaugh is one of the best liars in NFL history. Don't listen to anything he says in a press conference unless it's "he's out".

No way Andrews plays which is best for the long term. Swung Doubs for Everett in a trade so I have a TE for this week.

Any more news on severity of his injury?
Trying to determine ROS outlook.
I predict that he'll be ready to roll next week, with a ROS top-2 TE outlook.

Likely did have the TD catch in his absence, but that was his only catch. Had a couple of drops too, and, although talented, showed everyone that he can't yet carry Andrews' jock strap.
I'd say most TE's in the league can't. Likely future looks good from here.

Just an FYI - a very notable fantasy expert just stated that espn ran a scroll that Mark Andrews is likely out for the season. They did take it off the scroll. Could be an error...could be chaos.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Just an FYI - a very notable fantasy expert just stated that espn ran a scroll that Mark Andrews is likely out for the season. They did take it off the scroll. Could be an error...could be chaos.

Does the notable fantasy expert have a name?

Evan Silva - but he's simply stating what he saw on ESPN earlier in the week - he's not supporting the statement

Is there anywhere we can go to see where he said this? I'm assuming this is like any TV news provider who accidentally releases the wrong version of a prepared news scrawl. They always have multiple versions of announcements ready that they know are possible. So almost certainly there is no merit whatsoever to this, but it's intriguing.

I won't lie, I am a little nervous. I tried floating him last week for a trade but with him not playing Monday and then the bye, people weren't jumping like I hoped. I was looking to swap him for a WR like Lamb. Hopefully he is just banged up and will be good after the bye. He is in position to have a massive 2nd half of the season with the dearth of passing game weapons in Charm City.

Is there anywhere we can go to see where he said this? I'm assuming this is like any TV news provider who accidentally releases the wrong version of a prepared news scrawl. They always have multiple versions of announcements ready that they know are possible. So almost certainly there is no merit whatsoever to this, but it's intriguing.

This week's AFC podcast of Establish the Run - but he doesn't say it during the Baltimore segment - it's toward the end.

He was puzzled by it as well

Users who are viewing this thread