What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC (1 Viewer)

Im thinking about offering Cook for him/Deebo

Every fantasy site under the sun saying Cook is a buy low and CEH is a sell high. Maybe Im dumb but Cook looks Cooked and CEH looks a lot more useful than last year especially as a receiver and goalline threat. Im not under the delusion that hes a top 4 RB but low end RB1 is attainable ROS IMO.
Is Deebo a buy low?
He was before this past week

Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushed nine times for 15 yards in the Chiefs' Week 5 win over the Raiders.​

He added three catches for 20 yards on four targets in the passing game, but CEH was out-rushed 53-15 by Jerick McKinnon despite seeing one more carry than McKinnon. With the Chiefs falling in a quick 17-0 hole and chasing points much of the night before eventually winning, McKinnon was the Chiefs' preferred running back. This comes after CEH had a big Week 4 against the Bucs with his 19-92-1 night. With the Bills on deck, CEH could again be in danger of losing a sizable chunk of playing time to McKinnon. Edwards-Helaire will be a low-floor RB2 for Week 6.
Oct 11, 2022, 12:10 AM ET

Raiders haven’t been that strong against the run. I actually expected a half decent game. He penalty on that TD didn’t help his cause. Still pretty poor usage, considering - I’m not shocked that he didn’t have the crazy efficiency this time out. Regression was due.

McKinnon looked electric. Wonder why Pacheco got nothing? All game-flow related perhaps.

Billls should be another good test. It’ll be interesting to see if CEH again disappears if they’re playing from behind. Or alternatively, how well he fares against that tough BUF LB/DL corps if it’s close.

What were they before this game?
I don't know how to check for weeks 1-4 but I'd guess not much differently considering they gave up a higher YPC then what they had averaged on the season prior while surrendering almost identical 103 rushing yards allowed. I only looked it up in the first place because I recall a Raider beat writer mentioning prior to the matchup how strong the Raiders run defense had been heading into that game.
McKinnon didn’t seem to have any issue getting chunks.
More like chunk. He had a 30 yard run on second and 17 and 7/23 the rest of the day. Which was better then CEH fared but not like he was tearing it up on the ground.

40 attempts for Mahomes today. 13 carries for the RBs.

I don't have Clyde in dynasty, but I'm just wondering what his post-Chiefs future might look like. Probably doesn't reemerge as a starter elsewhere? I lean that way, but I'm also curious to see what he might look like on a team that actually wants to use its RBs. When KC drafted him, it felt like the perfect synergy of play style and situation, given the success Reid had with Westbrook and McCoy. It's likely that Clyde isn't in their class as a talent, which would explain the low usage, but it's still surprising how determined they seem to not involve him at all.

If his startup value drops low enough, I may take a punt. Earlier this year I was saying how much the Josh Jacobs situation reminded me of people like Lynch and Thomas Jones when they were prematurely written off. That worked out well. This feels a little more speculative though. As a Chase Edmonds and Myles Gaskin bag holder, Clyde feels more like another flawed gadget player that nobody will trust with the reins. Again though, if the value drops low enough then I might poke around. Really did like his college clips and expected him to be a much more important NFL player than he has been so far.

Back-to-back woofs. I knew regression was coming. A bit surprised to see that low a floor in back-to-back weeks.

The good news is he's playing and mostly healthy. He's been a luxury for those that bought at RB3 prices.

A bit surprised to see that low a floor in back-to-back weeks.
I’m not. I called it. His usage just isn’t high enough to sustain a high floor. As I said up thread, he’s been hyper efficient with his touches - it wasn’t at all sustainable. 8-12 touch weeks will lead to some really low floors. Especially the way they use Jet in short yardage, and when playing from behind. And they mix in Pacheco too.

There was a sell window before the Raiders game. It doesn’t get easier against what’s going to be an angry Niners defense.

Ps - agreed he’s been a solid value for his ADP at some points this off-season. He climbed a little at the end.

Last edited:
A bit surprised to see that low a floor in back-to-back weeks.
I’m not. I called it. His usage just isn’t high enough to sustain a high floor. As I said up thread, he’s been hyper efficient with his touches - it wasn’t at all sustainable. 8-12 touch weeks will lead to some really low floors. Especially the way they use Jet in short yardage, and when playing from behind. And they mix in Pacheco too.

There was a sell window before the Raiders game. It doesn’t get easier against what’s going to be an angry Niners defense.

Ps - agreed he’s been a solid value for his ADP at some points this off-season
It was obvious regression was coming. No one is sustaining top 5 RB with his volume.

I'm not panicking. He's put a lot of my teams in great positions and is a flex player. He's doing the Mike Williams (pre-Herbert). BOOM-BUST. That's not bad when he's in your flex.

No one is sustaining top 5 RB with his volume.
Exactly. That’s the long and short of it.

Hey, if you have him as a flex play, that’s probably the ideals scenario. Some pop games. Some duds.

That said, if I had him & had other options next weekend, I’d probably sit him.

Does Pacheco take over next year?

I wouldn't operate under that assumption, given the amount of churn in the NFL.

If it isn't someone bonafide like Jacobs coming in to take the job, it will be some more-talented rookie like Bijan, Gibbs, Tucker, etc.

It's not often that a 7th round sophomore is handed a starting job on a plate.

Not totally unheard of (i.e. Arian Foster), but he'd have to be impressing the staff in a major way. A smattering of touches here and there doesn't indicate that level of internal excitement, but rather the typical backup/JAG/journeyman trajectory you expect from those ultra low draft capital pickups.

Does Pacheco take over next year?

I wouldn't operate under that assumption, given the amount of churn in the NFL.

If it isn't someone bonafide like Jacobs coming in to take the job, it will be some more-talented rookie like Bijan, Gibbs, Tucker, etc.

It's not often that a 7th round sophomore is handed a starting job on a plate.

Not totally unheard of (i.e. Arian Foster), but he'd have to be impressing the staff in a major way. A smattering of touches here and there doesn't indicate that level of internal excitement, but rather the typical backup/JAG/journeyman trajectory you expect from those ultra low draft capital pickups.
This

You get ahead in dynasty flipping Pacheco's to guys thinking they're the next Priest Holmes or Foster. You want the longer leash (draft capital) otherwise, you're looking over your shoulder every NFL draft.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire had nine rushes for 33 yards in the Chiefs' Week 6 loss to the Bills.

Critically, and depressingly for CEH drafters, he did not record a target while Isiah Pacheco had two targets and Jerick McKinnon had three. It's something of a red flag for Edwards-Helaire's fantasy prospects after he had seen at least four targets in three of his past four games. CEH had gotten by for fantasy purposes on an utterly ridiculous five touchdown receptions through the season's first month, but without consistent involvement in the pass game, he'll be entirely dependent on big rushing plays and touchdowns in Kansas City's pass-first offense. CEH might not even qualify as a RB3 in Week 7 against the Niners.

- NBCSportsEDGE

That game script was perfect storm for CEH. KC got way way up stupid early, and there were a ton of carries to go around.

They still used McKinnon in short yardage all night. They still worked Pacheco in frequently. This is a RBBC, and this is THE PERFECT sell high opportunity.
Not all RBBC's are the same. KC's offense is a juggernaut. Give me the 1a RB in KC's offense at RB3 prices all day long.

Those who bought low are reaping the rewards. Stay healthy, Clyde!
CEH owners are sitting in the top of the standings in most leagues. Congrats!

RB4 after 4 weeks.
Sell sell sell!
:whistle:

Seems like he’s been demoted to the 2. Or maybe even the 2b, depending how McKinnon is deployed.

Today should be interesting. Niners D is legit.

That game script was perfect storm for CEH. KC got way way up stupid early, and there were a ton of carries to go around.

They still used McKinnon in short yardage all night. They still worked Pacheco in frequently. This is a RBBC, and this is THE PERFECT sell high opportunity.
Not all RBBC's are the same. KC's offense is a juggernaut. Give me the 1a RB in KC's offense at RB3 prices all day long.

RB4 after 4 weeks.
Sell sell sell!

Seems like he’s been demoted to the 2. Or maybe even the 2b, depending how McKinnon is deployed.

I got what I could out of CEH. He was a bright spot on my underwhelming team early in the season. Now I’m on the Pacheco train. Just dropped CEH for him a couple of minutes ago in my 10 team league with shallow benches. He’s on the bench today but hope he comes in handy in a few weeks.

RB4 after 4 weeks.
Sell sell sell!

I got what I could out of CEH. He was a bright spot on my underwhelming team early in the season. Now I’m on the Pacheco train. Just dropped CEH for him a couple of minutes ago in my 10 team league with shallow benches. He’s on the bench today but hope he comes in handy in a few weeks.
I rode the train until it ran out of fuel. I could not have asked for from the guy. Plus I have a boatload of Pacheco. Life is good.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Clyde Edwards-Helaire has been demoted to the Chiefs' No. 2 running back for Week 7 against the 49ers.​

Buzzy rookie Isiah Pacheco reportedly took the first-team reps during the week and has finally broken through for a larger role outside of garbage time. Per Rapsheet, CEH will "still have a key role on offense." We might normally dismiss that as a pointless reporter add-on, but we would expect CEH to still see enough handles to offer desperation FLEX value. There hasn't been much indication coach Andy Reid wants to go to a one-man backfield. Just know that CEH's touches could end up extremely limited if Pacheco comes out hot. CEH will also still be threatened on third downs by Jerick McKinnon. You should be breaking ties against Edwards-Helaire.
SOURCE: NFL.com
Oct 23, 2022, 10:34 AM ET

Not sure I really have better options with CEH today. There are a couple spots I was going to flex him and I have other options there. But more or less need him at RB in other spots today. He's been involved a lot near the goal line so hoping that stays true today.
I went to pull him out of every lineup and then saw I really had no choice in 2 of them but this did make my 2 CMC vs CEH decisions really easy.

I would not be surprised if no RB steps up today the Chiefs have a new one before they play again in week 9. Can't help but wonder if this is them wanting to see what Pachecho can do in a bigger role before making that decision.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire had six rushes for 32 yards and a touchdown in the Chiefs' Week 7 win against the 49ers.

Edwards-Helaire saw one target and ran a route on seven of Patrick Mahomes' 37 drop backs against the Niners. Despite his on-paper demotion to RB2 behind Isiah Pacheco, CEH scored yet another touchdown on a 16-yard scamper. Edwards-Helaire's touchdown bonanza continues unabated -- he now has eight scores in seven games this season. Both CEH and Pacheco were effective in limited opportunities and should continue splitting early-down duties in the pass-heavy Kansas City offense.

- NBCSportsEDGE

They still used McKinnon in short yardage all night. They still wor:wink:ked Pacheco in frequently. This is a RBBC, and this is THE PERFECT sell high opportunity.

RB4 after 4 weeks.
Sell sell sell!

Why are you taking victory laps? Your horse (Rojo) didn't even start the race :wink:

CEH was never sustaining top-5 RB ROS. He was a sell if you could get meaningful value. Most wouldn't pay anything for him. It's tough to sell when there's no market.

The backfield is one big platoon. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting any of them right now.

RB4 after 4 weeks.
Sell sell sell!

I rode the train until it ran out of fuel. I could not have asked for from the guy. Plus I have a boatload of Pacheco. Life is good.
You can't start any of these guys unless one gets injured. I'd snap-sell Pacheco for any 2nd.

RB4 after 4 weeks.
Sell sell sell!

You can't start any of these guys unless one gets injured. I'd snap-sell Pacheco for any 2nd.
Next year might be a different story. I’m a hold on Pacheco. Surely CEH isn’t going to get a new contract when he’s off his rookie deal (2025), and McKinnon’s no spring chicken.

Playing the long game - I suspect Pacheco will see increased workloads in the not too distant future.’

They still used McKinnon in short yardage all night. They still wor:wink:ked Pacheco in frequently. This is a RBBC, and this is THE PERFECT sell high opportunity.

RB4 after 4 weeks.
Sell sell sell!

Why are you taking victory laps? Your horse (Rojo) didn't even start the race :wink:

CEH was never sustaining top-5 RB ROS. He was a sell if you could get meaningful value. Most wouldn't pay anything for him. It's tough to sell when there's no market.

The backfield is one big platoon. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting any of them right now.
1. No victory laps
2 RoJo stopped being “my horse” as the preseason unfolded. He wasn’t even really my horse then - just a glimmer of hope in a miserable chain of events. And I have him on one rebuild team that’s on a mission to go 0-17.
3. The only follow-up was being correct that he was a sell high after his 19 carry game, and that the volume would come crashing down. Facts: he was a sell high & his volume did come crashing down.

I’m wrong enough on these forums - just let me enjoy this brief moment of correctness.
👍🏼

Clyde Edwards-Helaire did not catch either of his two targets in the Chiefs' Week 10 win over the Jaguars.​

Isiah Pacheco got the start again. Despite coughing up a red zone fumble, he remained the team's primary runner between the tackles. Edwards-Helaire hardly played at all and did not see a carry. If the fumble couldn't get CEH on the field, there's seemingly no way for him to earn snaps. Edwards-Helaire can be cut in season-long formats.
Nov 13, 2022, 5:19 PM ET

I expected a better floor and didn't see a 3-way RBBC. The entire backfield isn't startable without an injury. I started capitulating the last two weeks and selling where I could for 2nd's. The window for returning any value is probably closed after today.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire played 6% of snaps in the Chiefs' Week 10 win over the Jaguars.​

Edwards-Helaire didn't record a touch against the Jaguars after failing to secure either of his targets, but that kind of thing tends to happen when a player only sees the field for four total snaps. Isiah Pacheco hasn't been all that impressive as the Chiefs' lead rusher, and Jerick McKinnon has had a few drops as the Chiefs' primary pass-catching running back. However, the Chiefs clearly feel comfortable enough with both backs to have completely phased CEH out of the rotation. The third-year back should only be held in deep leagues as a contingency-based bet.
Nov 14, 2022, 9:54 AM ET

Did anybody here load up on that great top-heavy RB draft class a few years ago and acquire the 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, and 1.05 to take Edwards-Helaire, Taylor, Swift, Akers, and Dobbins? Lookin pretty good.

ETA: Actually I think Taylor is fine, everybody's just freaking out because every game isn't 20 points. Swift might be fine if he could just be healthy.

Small and slow and now officially back to pumpkin status - fitting it happened between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Meanwhile Paychecko averaged 5.1 YPC yesterday...

Bizarre. Had
Small and slow and now officially back to pumpkin status - fitting it happened between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Meanwhile Paychecko averaged 5.1 YPC yesterday...
I’m actually contemplating putting Pacheco on the block, as I think he may be a sell high at this point
I don’t disagree with this but what would you be looking to get? He is a tough player to value. Team loves him, high powered offense, and he seems to have ascended to their RB1. On the other hand this is a pass first squad, he is not involved in the passing game, and game script could still dictate his usage.

Helaireable. Was from the moment he walked into the league.

He's so out of sorts, footballs are hitting him in the face on his routes. Needs a new team and a fresh start, and even then, I don't know if that'll do it. Small and slow, just like I said at the beginning of this thread when people were anointing him King **** of **** Mountain.

Zero touches. That's. . .that's not an RB2. That's not even close.

Pray for his release or wait for injury, because Pacheco and his stompy style has taken over the regular running duties in the backfield here.

Bizarre. Had
I’m actually contemplating putting Pacheco on the block, as I think he may be a sell high at this point
I don’t disagree with this but what would you be looking to get? He is a tough player to value. Team loves him, high powered offense, and he seems to have ascended to their RB1. On the other hand this is a pass first squad, he is not involved in the passing game, and game script could still dictate his usage.
I’m just not sure if he’s special. He’s fast, and he has some power. But he doesn’t seem like a dynamic RB, and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him not have a long shelf life past 2022.

Thinking a 2023 2nd would be a price I’d be willing to part with him for. There might be enough buzz to get it, especially from a contender (late pick) and if they need a RB this year.

I might float it & see if anyone nibbles.

Pacheco
Paychecko
Did I miss a joke?
i see what he`s doing here
Enlighten me. Is it something money related?
thats the way i see it, Pay checko ....meaning pay the man (i could be wrong ):wink:

Pacheco
Paychecko
Did I miss a joke?
thats the way i see it, Pay checko ....meaning pay the man (i could be wrong ):wink:
Yeah, kind of dumb since he‘s a rookie, isn’t it?

Pacheco
Paychecko
Did I miss a joke?
just a play on words , no biggie

Pacheco
Paychecko
Did I miss a joke?
just a play on words , no biggie
You got that right, it isn’t big, but I understand now……I think….:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread