What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

With the #1 Overall Pick, the Chicago Bears select… (1 Viewer)

Ack88

Footballguy
What a crazy Texans-Colts ending. Think the Bears go…..

Will Anderson? Jalen Carter? Trade?

A Fields trade isn’t out of the question with so many QB needy teams. Bears are in a tremendous position right now either way.
Price is probably 3 1sts for Fields too.
Yeah is Fields or Young more expensive? Same maybe. Good problem for the Bears to have.
I'd think Bears would prefer to keep the guy who they already have, who knows and had success in the system. Other teams would prefer the guy with 2 extra rookie contract seasons.

They would definitely be smart to trade back. What will teams be willing to offer is the question. I love Breece's game and talent but he's is really small. Will teams be willing to invest so much into a guy smaller than Kyler?

They would definitely be smart to trade back. What will teams be willing to offer is the question. I love Breece's game and talent but he's is really small. Will teams be willing to invest so much into a guy smaller than Kyler?
I'd be surprised if that was considered a serious knock on Young.

Young has shown he’s better than Murray, IMO. He can make all the throws and his poise under pressure is legendary. He’s gonna be a fine pro.

He and Stroud are clearly the QB1-2 in whichever order. Stroud’s performance on NYE against that tough defense answered any questions about his game IMO.

The interesting thing is Caleb Williams in 2024, is probably an Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning level prospect. Some teams could decide to wait until 2024 for their QB.

Young has shown he’s better than Murray, IMO. He can make all the throws and his poise under pressure is legendary. He’s gonna be a fine pro.

He and Stroud are clearly the QB1-2 in whichever order. Stroud’s performance on NYE against that tough defense answered any questions about his game IMO.
I think Levis>Stroud. Its Herbert/Tua all over again.

The interesting thing is Caleb Williams in 2024, is probably an Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning level prospect. Some teams could decide to wait until 2024 for their QB.

I have huge concerns about Levi’s decision making. His brain isn’t anywhere near as good as his arm, and that can be difficult to coach up.

Stroud is a much better decision maker - sometimes having a huge arm gets guys in trouble.

They should stay put and take an elite player.
They could absolutely molest the Colts and still get an elite player at 6.
We say this almost every year and it just as almost never happens.

As far as I can tell, the only one missing is the one for Goff.

Tennessee Titans received:
  • Picks No. 15, 43, 45, 76 in the 2016 draft
  • Picks No. 5, 100 in the 2017 draft

Los Angeles Rams received:
  • Picks No. 1, 113 in the 2017 draft

True, but there are a couple of very good quarterbacks coming out this year. And there are several very quarterback me the teams at the top of the draft.

I have huge concerns about Levi’s decision making. His brain isn’t anywhere near as good as his arm, and that can be difficult to coach up.

Stroud is a much better decision maker - sometimes having a huge arm gets guys in trouble.
Stroud is probably better if your concern is week 1 of 2023. I just don't think Stroud's upside is even close to Levis. I mean, Mayfield was better than Allen or Lamar as a rookie.

Levis also has had an awful OL, and mostly poor WR talent. Stroud has 1st rounders all around him, including likely 4 1st round WRs (Wilson, Olave, JSN, Harrison Jr.) Levis had Wan' Dale Robinson.

True, but there are a couple of very good quarterbacks coming out this year. And there are several very quarterback me the teams at the top of the draft.
Uh huh. And since there are a couple of doesn't make it imperative to get the first guy. The Bears could very well find a buyer but it's not likely to be the "kings ransom" that everyone always thinks the #1 will fetch.

And I agree with @Ilov80s - Young is too small to give up the farm for.

If you scout right, you can find elite players. When they traded up to get Trubisky, they were so impressed with the interview, they didn’t talk to Mahomes.
Sure, you could roll the dice that Mythical Player X is better than the guy you know you could get at #1 (in this case, say, Anderson or Carter).
You could get those guys at 3 or 4 though and get compensation

If you scout right, you can find elite players. When they traded up to get Trubisky, they were so impressed with the interview, they didn’t talk to Mahomes.
Sure, you could roll the dice that Mythical Player X is better than the guy you know you could get at #1 (in this case, say, Anderson or Carter).
Anderson or Carter doesn’t make them that much better when you have holes everywhere. Too many years of trading draft picks for names have really set them back. They need quantity as much as quality.

Seattle or Arizona are going to trade to #1. I highly doubt it.

Hou or Indy may.

Anderson or Carter doesn’t make them that much better when you have holes everywhere. Too many years of trading draft picks for names have really set them back. They need quantity as much as quality.
They make them better at the holes they fill. Much better. :shrug:

Thought the colts moved up to 4 my bad. Teams picking 2, 3, 5, maybe 6, 7, 8 and 9 all could be interested in moving up for a qb

Hou or Indy may.
Indy may. But now you're at #5.

Houston you'd have to convince that sometime is going to leapfrog them. Actually that might not be that hard.

Anyone know how to quote just the last reply in a string?

There aren't though. There are decent QB's. None of these guys even should be 1.1 really. They might because the current NFL is so QB crazy. None of these guys are even close to a Lawrence or Burrow level prospect.

Of course it's possible. But IMO it's not a slam dunk and it isn't the automatically guaranteed haul everyone seems to assume.

Bears should trade down with Seattle or Indy and claim their ransom. Houston should draft Anderson and aim for QB in 2024.
HOU needs a QB.

Uesss they overpay A Geno Smith, which I wouldn’t put past them.
They need a franchise QB. I’m on record as feeling that is Young or nothing in this draft (don’t believe in the others).

Now since the Texans foolishly made their bed, they better not trade up. They did this so they need to stay there. If Bryce falls, I expect them to take him. If Indy/Seattle go get Bryce, I want Anderson and weapons the rest of the draft.

Texans blew this so bad I want them to tank for Williams in 2024 now and trash next season.

Bears have all the cap space in the world, but they are likely looking at 10+ new starters next year, and that isn't counting guys taking over jobs like Khalil Herbert.

I think staying at #1 would be the worst decision they could make. Unless they decided to deal Fields, which seems incredibly unlikely, as he's probably the best QB they've had in 30+ years.

Currently the picks of teams I could see trading for #1:
Texans(2), Seattle(3), Detroit(6), Vegas(7), Falcons(8), Panthers(9), Titans(11)

Panthers seem like a team that is drafting a QB for sure. I could see Seattle and Detroit staying put, but I think they both know their QBs are just ok, and not elite. Both guys are looking at 30+ million as well.

I'm getting the impression I'm a lot higher on Bryce Young than others. I see a cross between Wilson/Brees.

There aren't though. There are decent QB's. None of these guys even should be 1.1 really. They might because the current NFL is so QB crazy. None of these guys are even close to a Lawrence or Burrow level prospect.
I think Stroud is pretty close to Burrow.

I also think Young is a better version of Kyler Murray.

I believe both of these quarterbacks will be excellent pros. But that’s just like, my opinion, maaaaan.

Users who are viewing this thread