What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official NHL 2023-24 Thread *** (2 Viewers)

The Kings don’t seem young at all. Kopitar, Danault, Doughty, Edler, Arvidsson, Iafallo all huge pieces for them.

Vilardi rules and Fiala and Kempe are like 26 but Byfield isn’t doing much yet. Young guys don’t seem to be huge parts of their success given the stockpile of talent they had.

The Kings don’t seem young at all. Kopitar, Danault, Doughty, Edler, Arvidsson, Iafallo all huge pieces for them.

Vilardi rules and Fiala and Kempe are like 26 but Byfield isn’t doing much yet. Young guys don’t seem to be huge parts of their success given the stockpile of talent they had.
Edler is not a huge piece. He has actually been sub par and sometimes a detriment. Many think Bjornfot or Spence should get more time in lieu of Edler throughout the season. Kopi is old but is playing close to his best hockey. Danault, Arvidsson are only 30 and have a couple good years left. All of these guys still have high performance years left (at least a couple of years).

You forgot Mikey Anderson as one of the young core. He is a really good d-man and doesn't get enough credit. Kupari shows glimpses and Kaliyev has improved a ton in just a year. Byfield isn't scoring goals but he is on the line with Kopi and Kempe and he does the dirty work to get them the puck to score and his passing has been tremendous. He is just snake bitten when it comes to putting the puck in the net. It will come....he is only 20. In Onterio they also have Turcotte, Bjornfot, Spence and Brandt Clarke so there is an influx waiting as well.

The Kings window is still a year or two away. They do need to add some physicality as they have a tendency to get pushed around (I mean LIzotte is a midget) and that will likely limit them if they are able to get past Edmonton as they will wear down. I think keeping Gavrikov will be necessary to take the next step. If they don't they have a glaring hole on the back end that will likely limit their path moving forward.

Thought the Bolts were quite a bit better than Toronto but it be that way sometimes. Vasy just letting in so many soft goals.

Thought the Bolts were quite a bit better than Toronto but it be that way sometimes. Vasy just letting in so many soft goals.
As a Bruins fan who knows we have alot of our own work to do still. I just hope this Toronto/ Tampa series goes 7 games.

As a Bruins fan who knows we have alot of our own work to do still. I just hope this Toronto/ Tampa series goes 7 games.
This is a dumb thing to think, but if the bolts go down this year I hope it’s round 1. This team needs a full summer off and maybe they could turn the jets on again next year with some rest.

That said I thought they looked awesome last night except for 88.

They were definitely better last night. Toronto doesn't usually win that game.

I can't say enough though about Leafs adding O'Reilly and having McCabe, Brodie, Giordano and Schenn on the back end for games like this. Now they can find a way to still come through.

If Dubas is fired (or walks, he doesn't have a contract beyond this season and teams would line up for him), I'll be very upset.

I can't say enough though about Leafs adding O'Reilly and having McCabe, Brodie, Giordano and Schenn on the back end for games like this. Now they can find a way to still come through.

If Dubas is fired (or walks, he doesn't have a contract beyond this season and teams would line up for him), I'll be very upset.
Pens are apparently hoping to bring Dubas on board.

Pens are apparently hoping to bring Dubas on board.
I don't know why he'd want that situation. Going to be some rough years ahead I imagine.

Valeri Nichushkin has left the Colorado Avalanche due to personal reasons, the team has confirmed. Nichushkin, who was missing from morning skate due to “maintenance,” is no longer with the team.

ugh

It did not go over well...I doubt any dvr this game but it happened 42 minutes into the feed on espn.
Wilders?
Farm that raises Waygu cattle.

Two great teams. Crazy this is a first round series.
hate hate the nhl playoff format

should be 1-8 seeding……division winners are 1-2. 2 WCs. reseed after each round.
3-6 woulda been devils v tb 4-5 leafs v rangers.
Don't hate. Appreciate.

Most of these series have been great so far and we're only halfway through round 1.

If only one of the 2 great teams took care of business in the regular season they wouldn't be facing each other. But there you go..

Don't really know how the Bruins have their first and second line center out and are still winning. That would seem to be a tall order.

I hope they get healthy or Toronto/TB will give them all they can handle and maybe end their season.

Kings buzzing. 3-0.

Edmonton/L.A. OT

36 shots apiece, 4-4, yet I think Edmonton carried play in regulation because that second period was just utterly dominant.

Draisaitl/Fiala

Two great teams. Crazy this is a first round series.
hate hate the nhl playoff format

should be 1-8 seeding……division winners are 1-2. 2 WCs. reseed after each round.
3-6 woulda been devils v tb 4-5 leafs v rangers.
The NHL had the 1-8 seeding for the playoffs from 1999-2013. People complained loudly then that the Divisional rivalries were being lost and it was reducing the intensity and "hate" between teams in the playoffs.

Now everybody wants it back. Then they will complain about divisional rivals not playing again. Rinse, repeat.

First round series have all been great and intense so far this year. That's what I want to see.

Edmonton/L.A. OT

36 shots apiece, 4-4, yet I think Edmonton carried play in regulation because that second period was just utterly dominant.

Draisaitl/Fiala
For whatever reason the Kings suck when they get out to a quick lead. I think everytime they jumped out to a 3 goal lead in the first period the game went into OT. They play much better when chasing than they do when leading. It's very frustrating.

Some questionable calls (Fiala "tripping" and the non trip call on McDavid leading to a goal) hurt but Edmonton PP is just too dominate. I would rather give a clear cut scoring chance and let Joonis take his chances than take a penalty at this point.

The GWG was a bad goal too. Should have been stopped.

The NHL had the 1-8 seeding for the playoffs from 1999-2013. People complained loudly then that the Divisional rivalries were being lost and it was reducing the intensity and "hate" between teams in the playoffs.

Now everybody wants it back. Then they will complain about divisional rivals not playing again. Rinse, repeat.

First round series have all been great and intense so far this year. That's what I want to see.
I don't get this reasoning. I want the fairest playoffs where the regular season actually matters. That's a seed 1 to 8 and reseed each round like they used to do. That may lead to some overmatched series but it rewards performing well in the regular season. I would much rather have that and have the best teams play down the road rather than in the 1st round.

Some questionable calls (Fiala "tripping" and the non trip call on McDavid leading to a goal) hurt

Thought so, too. It would seem like Doughty doesn't go down like a shot just on innocent contact. That was a trip behind the net, I thought.

Oh well. Bummer about the Kings, man. I'm pulling for them.

I don't get this reasoning. I want the fairest playoffs where the regular season actually matters. That's a seed 1 to 8 and reseed each round like they used to do. That may lead to some overmatched series but it rewards performing well in the regular season. I would much rather have that and have the best teams play down the road rather than in the 1st round.

exactly. if the nhl wants rivalries, so do away with the balanced schedule. i don’t need 32 games with the other conference. if i don’t see the canucks in my building one year, that’s fine.

exactly. if the nhl wants rivalries, so do away with the balanced schedule. i don’t need 32 games with the other conference. if i don’t see the canucks in my building one year, that’s fine.
This they need to do. The Bruins and Canadiens played 3 times this year. 3 times. Granted the Canadiens suck, but that is ridiculously low.

Users who are viewing this thread