What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Keaton Mitchell, BAL (1 Viewer)

I'm so glad I didn't throw him out there. He wasn't getting enough touches and was running hot. I need to see 10+ touches in a few games before he sees my lineup.

Edit - There's still a chance he can pop a big one for those of you who trotted him out. Glgl

Dammit all. It’s hard to recover from a donut at the RB spot. These types of guys only blow up when I’m not starting them. Him and Tank Dell. The risk of ceiling chasing.

Didn't start him for all the same reasons people have stated, but let's not act like he's dead yet tonight. 2nd half with the lead and no Burrow incoming.

Not seeing enough touches to trust him. He’s making the best of them for sure though. Gus ain’t going away especially near the goal line
Meanwhile, back on page 4…

Almost talked myself into starting him too with all the hype.

Can’t get a home run if you never get in the batters box.

definition of a flier. I don’t expect harbaugh to give him the ball outside of specific packages unless Edwards gets injured. I bet he gets used more during FF playoff time to warm him up for the playoff push and give Edwards well needed rest

Not seeing enough touches to trust him. He’s making the best of them for sure though. Gus ain’t going away especially near the goal line

Draft well, be a week ahead on waivers , and don’t get screwed by injuries and you can hit as many home runs as you want without being disappointed a guys usage didn’t go from 5% to 25% for no apparent reason

Where were you on page 6 when we needed you?
Hey I posted that after the game last week…

It’s not my fault the Shark Pool buried it in less than four days 😂🤣

Was really hoping for more than 4.1 points but I can’t have nice things.

He’s going to be so awesome next week when he’s back on my bench. Oh well, it was worth a try. Better to have this happen now than in the fantasy playoffs, provided I make it there to begin with.

Last edited:
Similar situation to McGloughlin in Denver. Gus Bus leading the backfield in Baltimore, and that's unlikely to change unless injury strikes.

At least Hill didn't get the ball as much as Mitchell. So that is some progress right?

He had a rough start to the game. If he had broke off a good run early he might have had more opportunity. But didn't.

His value is solely tied to the big play. The problem is he is more then capable of big plays. The bigger problem is that when he doesn't get that big play he looks horrible in your starting lineup.

If the used him between the 20s, and Gus in the red zone, everyone would be happy. Mitchell would get 80 yards and break some longer TDs. Gus will pound in TDs. Maybe thats where it gets to, but in dynasty, Mitchell seems like a strong hold for 2024. I dont regret bidding a lot for him.

At least Hill didn't get the ball as much as Mitchell. So that is some progress right?
Yes and his snap counts have gone form 18% to 24% to 36% the last week so it's trending up.

With no Andrews they might need to spend some time thinking of how to incorporate him more.

But until I see otherwise he'll be remaining on all my benches as he was this week except for one league I literally did not have anyone else.

Yes and his snap counts have gone form 18% to 24% to 36% the last week so it's trending up.

With no Andrews they might need to spend some time thinking of how to incorporate him more.

But until I see otherwise he'll be remaining on all my benches as he was this week except for one league I literally did not have anyone else.
As well he should.

These are reasons to try to hang on to Mitchell though and see if he keeps trending upward or not.

I played him over the Foreman/Herbert situation. In all likelihood he did just as well as they will do (unless Herbert is still out). I needed him to get 17 more yards and it would have been a solid day as we have a 4 pt bonus at 50 yds for RB's. If Gus wasn't in that last drive I think he would have gotten there.

I played him over the Foreman/Herbert situation. In all likelihood he did just as well as they will do (unless Herbert is still out). I needed him to get 17 more yards and it would have been a solid day as we have a 4 pt bonus at 50 yds for RB's. If Gus wasn't in that last drive I think he would have gotten there.
I was in the identical situation - hoped for more, but this early in a potential "breakout" you are going to have to live with a couple duds.

The part everyone that owns him should focus on is that he has clearly leaped Hill already. Gus is a solid back, but he doesn't start for many teams in the NFL. Mitchell is going to get more and more usage, and within a couple weeks I think he will be a solid RB2. Gus will get the majority of the GL looks, but there is plenty of room in this backfield and Gus doesn't scare anyone.

Guy is going to be a high variance starter for fantasy purposes. Have him on several FFPC teams where I will probably keep him on my bench and hope for better days/depth. I started Gus in several spots... been really happy with him this year given ADP... but kept Keaton on the bench precisely to see what happened in this game. For me the situation is pretty clear. Gus is clearly the man but Keaton has supplanted Hill in the pecking order. Keaton is not going to get the volume Gus gets or the even close to the same number red zone looks (I think Keaton had one drive where is in at the top of the RZ but then Gus came in for the goal line work). Therefore, he will remain a low floor guy with a few boom games when he breaks one. In shallow bench leagues if I have better options I'd be dropping him and making him someone else's problem. Otherwise, he is a hold with deeper benches or with shallower benches where the waivers are dry for me.

I'll be holding for as long as I can. He doesn't need to unseat Gus to be relevant down the fantasy stretch. He only needs to unseat Hill, which he is well on his way to doing. And if Gus were to go down - he's not exactly been the picture of durability - look out.

I'll be holding for as long as I can. He doesn't need to unseat Gus to be relevant down the fantasy stretch. He only needs to unseat Hill, which he is well on his way to doing. And if Gus were to go down - he's not exactly been the picture of durability - look out.
It would take a Gus injury for me to consider starting Mitchell again this season. Gus is the guy near the goal line and usually still the guy before that as well. If there like the Browns where Mitchell played the Ford role and Gus the Hunt role I’d feel more comfortable with Mitchell. Gus does a little of both those roles. But yes if Gus does go down with an injury, I don’t think Hill takes those carries, I think Mitchell becomes the guy with Hill only there for a breather. On that potential alone Mitchell is worth holding.

It would take a Gus injury for me to consider starting Mitchell again this season. Gus is the guy near the goal line and usually still the guy before that as well. If there like the Browns where Mitchell played the Ford role and Gus the Hunt role I’d feel more comfortable with Mitchell. Gus does a little of both those roles. But yes if Gus does go down with an injury, I don’t think Hill takes those carries, I think Mitchell becomes the guy with Hill only there for a breather. On that potential alone Mitchell is worth holding.
I don’t think Mitchell would get goal line carries if Edwards went down, but he would see 3-4 more touches a game and that would be perfect. Ravens need to get him involved in passing game.

Jacob Gibbs
Ravens rookie RB Keaton Mitchell has been active since Week 6.

Mitchell’s snap rates since then:
0% — Week 6
4% — Week 7
Bye
17% — Week 9
22% — Week 10
37% — Week 11
46% — Week 12

Gus Edwards only played 26% of Baltimore’s offensive snaps in Week 12.
Ravens’ bye is this week. Week 13. I hate when one thing is wrong because what if more things are wrong lol.

Ravens OC Todd Monken said the team is getting more comfortable with Keaton Mitchell in different personnel groupings.

said there is still a learning curve for Mitchell when it comes to things like routes and pass protection, but the Ravens getting more comfortable with Mitchell was apparent in Week 12. In addition to receiving the first start of his career, Mitchell played on a season-high 46 percent of offensive snaps and led the backfield with nine rush attempts, 64 rushing yards, and 11 total opportunities. Mitchell has been highly efficient on limited touches, breaking off a run of 20-plus yards in each of his last four games while averaging an impressive 9.7 yards per touch this season. Mitchell and the Ravens now head into a bye, giving him additional time to get acclimated to the offense in a starting role before Week 14 against the Rams. We’d still like to see more touches for Mitchell, but Saturday’s outing against the Chargers was an encouraging step in that direction.

This guy intrigues me as a playoff stash, though he's not less than ideal schedule.

Thoughts on if this ascension continues or is BAL Rushing game just gonna do BAL rushing game ****, and be unpredictable?

Users who are viewing this thread