What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (1 Viewer)

The big problem is that they are just too efficient running the ball in the redzone.
Plus, there is zero proof that Jackson is highly efficient as a volume thrower, so they are smarter to run it more. Even in his MVP season, he didn't throw for a lot of yards (relative to other QBs). He has 15 total touchdowns this year and 11 turnovers, so running the ball is safer in the red zone.

The big problem is that they are just too efficient running the ball in the redzone.
Plus, there is zero proof that Jackson is highly efficient as a volume thrower, so they are smarter to run it more. Even in his MVP season, he didn't throw for a lot of yards (relative to other QBs). He has 15 total touchdowns this year and 11 turnovers, so running the ball is safer in the red zone.
I agree with everything you said and it sucks.

Last edited:
People keep rolling him out there cause they know the 100 yard rushing game is coming. It's coming right? I'll take it come playoff time. Good fantasy owners are made in the regular season. Legends are made in the playoffs. Make me a legend Lamar.

His boom weeks are increasingly not worth the price of his normal weeks…can’t win in fantasy when you have a QB 4 of 10 weeks does not throw a TD.

Improvements he has made in his game are not the kind showing up in box score.

Was hoping to pick up Dak yesterday morning, but somebody else had priority on me. I would have toiled with the Dak vs. Lamar choice and I bet I would have stuck with Lamar anyway.

All this crap about his completion %, having improved as a passer, etc and he keeps making bonehead mistakes during weeks where you need him to be the superstar, unbenchable talent he's supposed to be. And then the maddening usage around the goaline where it of course is going to be the predictable Gus Bus down there. Just so predictable on offense.

I fortunately didn't need him to go off yesterday, but I'm now concerned about the playoffs. Facing JAX and SF in weeks 15 and 16. For the first time I may consider what I could get for him in a pivot.

That floor is too low. They have a good defense and the offense has been getting up early. That’s a recipe for heavy run game, until it’s not, like this week. I’m still hoping for continued offensive progress, and hopefully he stops turning the ball over. Keeper league, hoping for a big WR addition in Balt off season

That was the last week i'm starting him. Had more than enough. Yeah but his running stats! Sure, 8/41...wow. Unless you're getting like 3pts for 10 yards rushing or some other weird stat-skewing advantage, that's close to worthless. Maybe yesterday's loss will change their approach somewhat but I doubt it. Their defense and red zone running is operating too well I guess.

I count 3 good passing weeks from 10 games where he threw more than 1 td. In my scoring, he's gone above 18 points once in 6 weeks. He may well be playing well from an "NFL" or franchise perspective but he's borderline useless in fantasy. I would probably rank him in the 12-15 range at this point.

That was the last week i'm starting him. Had more than enough. Yeah but his running stats! Sure, 8/41...wow. Unless you're getting like 3pts for 10 yards rushing or some other weird stat-skewing advantage, that's close to worthless. Maybe yesterday's loss will change their approach somewhat but I doubt it. Their defense and red zone running is operating too well I guess.

I count 3 good passing weeks from 10 games where he threw more than 1 td. In my scoring, he's gone above 18 points once in 6 weeks. He may well be playing well from an "NFL" or franchise perspective but he's borderline useless in fantasy. I would probably rank him in the 12-15 range at this point.

Curious who you are starting over him?

Funny how a J. Dobbs is doing what Jackson should be doing. Annoying.

Cinci should be a game they have to open things up. Same with LAC.

Also, starting to wonder if this BALT D is really THAT good? CLE isn't exactly a high powered offense.

Also, starting to wonder if this BALT D is really THAT good? CLE isn't exactly a high powered offense.

I will be starting Stroud in future. He's a bit more conventional as a QB, certainly more accurate and he clearly has better weapons as well. Plus he tends to get in shootouts as well sometimes which is an added bonus. Might consider LJ against LAC because of the shootout potential.

I am a little frustrated. I went against Geno Smith this week. He didn't even play particularly well but still doubled Jackson's score. Final straw for me really.

No doubt as soon as I bench him, he'll produce but i'm just tried of him scoring half my opponents QB score. It's too much of a hole to get out of every week.

I will be starting Stroud in future. He's a bit more conventional as a QB, certainly more accurate and he clearly has better weapons as well. Plus he tends to get in shootouts as well sometimes which is an added bonus. Might consider LJ against LAC because of the shootout potential.

I am a little frustrated. I went against Geno Smith this week. He didn't even play particularly well but still doubled Jackson's score. Final straw for me really.

No doubt as soon as I bench him, he'll produce but i'm just tried of him scoring half my opponents QB score. It's too much of a hole to get out of every week.
Well maybe if you don't start him, it's what the rest of do need to keep starting him. ;)

After D. Singletary just ran for 30-150-1 on Cinci's front seven I fear we may have a rush fest here once again. Not to mention it's a short turnaround for a Thursday game.

For the love of god, how about showing some offensive versatility and actually throwing inside the 5?

After D. Singletary just ran for 30-150-1 on Cinci's front seven I fear we may have a rush fest here once again. Not to mention it's a short turnaround for a Thursday game.

For the love of god, how about showing some offensive versatility and actually throwing inside the 5?

Benching him for Stroud. It'll likely backfire like most of my decisions this year but I can't take another stat-line like the last 3. Hope it's a bounce back week for him for the sake of those who plan to start him.

Benching him for Stroud. It'll likely backfire like most of my decisions this year but I can't take another stat-line like the last 3. Hope it's a bounce back week for him for the sake of those who plan to start him.
Have no choice but to start him.

Hoping that all of this "can't close out games in the fourth quarter" gets him fired up.

Benching him for Doubs here. It's a 6 keeper league so I am trying to move him to one of the QB needy teams for a 2024 1st rounder.

Don't worry fellow Lamar owners. I am benching him and starting Stroud this week. So that inevitably means he will go off tonight.

Don't worry fellow Lamar owners. I am benching him and starting Stroud this week. So that inevitably means he will go off tonight.
That and I think it's a good matchup for him.

So were Arizona, Seattle and to a lesser extent, Cleveland. He did nothing in any of them. He has become way too situational and game-flow dependent to be relied upon. He might go off tonight, but it's risk reward. I'm going with Stroud also who has a safer floor (I think anyway).

I have the exact same decision to make and as of right now leaning the same way. I did just reach out to my opponent though and ask him which QB he'd rather face.

I just can’t not start stroud for a 3rd straight week after the last two looking at each QB. If it blows up in my face I won’t be mad at my call.

Can't wait to be aggravated by this guy tonight.

Think a big problem with Jackson and their offense in general is they are just soooo content to run the ball, especially when ahead. God forbit throwing in non obvious situations, especially in the redzone.

Yup. In the real world they have no reason to chuck it a lot since their defense is great, and he has no reason to risk scrambling himself when the run game is clicking.

But again I’m sitting him so no worries tonight lol.

Night could have been so much bigger. That non Z. Flowers 68 TD was brutal. Terrible call.

Gus of course gets 2 TDs. God forbid they throw inside the 10 yard line.

And was Lamar drunk or something last night? He was slipping and sliding on runs, running into his own lineman, etc. Don't get it. For a super athletic dude he looked like me running after my dog after three double IPAs.

Night could have been so much bigger. That non Z. Flowers 68 TD was brutal. Terrible call.

And was Lamar drunk or something last night? He was slipping and sliding on runs, running into his own lineman, etc. Don't get it. For a super athletic dude he looked like me running after my dog after three double IPAs.
Agreed. There was a handful of times I kept thinking he needed to take off. More specifically on one play he had 10 seconds in the pocket with absolutely nobody down the right sideline. Looked like a 20 yard run minimum. Instead he took off up the middle and ran into his own guy for minus 2 yards. He put up good points so I can't be too unhappy but left a lot on the table. Through the haters he is a top 5 fantasy QB. My bigger concerns are his ability to stay healthy and Andrew's injury. Losing Andrews is brutal.

Could have been a much bigger night for sure. For fantasy purposes losing Andrews is very less than ideal but they’ll be ok in the real world. Still a good night compared to the prior 3 outings. You’re all welcome.

Maybe Gibbs passed his shoes off to Lamar?

Chargers are just want the doctor ordered for a huge fantasy game. Lets roll Lamar.
Didn't need his points last night, but his production is more than troubling.

The strong defense is probably the worst thing for him.

I fear he's going to let us down when it counts.

One hope. The playoff schedule -- @Jax, @SF, MIA. I'd think they can't put it in cruise control for those matchups. Hell, even a matchup against SF may force Jackson into a more frenetic, fantasy friendly pace.

Chargers are just want the doctor ordered for a huge fantasy game. Lets roll Lamar.
Didn't need his points last night, but his production is more than troubling.

The strong defense is probably the worst thing for him.

I fear he's going to let us down when it counts.

One hope. The playoff schedule -- @Jax, @SF, MIA. I'd think they can't put it in cruise control for those matchups. Hell, even a matchup against SF may force Jackson into a more frenetic, fantasy friendly pace.
Agreed with every thing u said. The biggest problem is they just don't need Lamar to be great to win. Great for the team but bad for stats. Last night was brutal to watch from a fantasy owner perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread