What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Mavs - Boston it is (16 Viewers)

8-21 Portland fan flexing. :lmao:

Like I said - many times.....so many times - the Blazers ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TERRIBLE. I know that. The fans here know that. I keep repeating it in this thread.

And yet, the Blazers just curb-stomped poverty franchise Sacramento who I'm told is supposed to be a good team, but maybe not?
Is "poverty" your word of the day or something?

Like I said - many times.....so many times - the Blazers ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TERRIBLE. I know that. The fans here know that. I keep repeating it in this thread.

And yet, the Blazers just curb-stomped poverty franchise Sacramento who I'm told is supposed to be a good team, but maybe not?
I was going to ask what "poverty franchise" means - teams with no championship?

I'm not going to sit here and try and defend the franchise history of the Sacramento Kings but posting the same thing 3x with the same verbiage was weird.

I'm not going to sit here and try and defend the franchise history of the Sacramento Kings but posting the same thing 3x with the same verbiage was weird.

Just a term for a team that performs poorly on a habitual basis, wasting picks, etc. I'll use other words for teams that suck year in and year out.

Just a term for a team that performs poorly on a habitual basis, wasting picks, etc. I'll use other words for teams that suck year in and year out.
Just so I understand completely - does Portland fall into that category in your opinion?

Just so I understand completely - does Portland fall into that category in your opinion?

They do not.

Hit on Dame Lillard with the 6th overall pick in 2011. Got as much as they possibly could out of him before trading him away for a generational haul of riches the likes the world hasn't seen since the Herschel Walker trade.

Major hit on CJ McCollum with the 10th pick. Got all they could have ever hoped for from him before trading his defensive liability away to poverty franchise New Orleans.

Acquired Jusef Nurkic for a bag of fleas. Turned him into a real player before realizing he's softer than a sack of Kleenex and flipped him for the former #1 overall pick and future hall of famer D. Ayton.

Drafted Anfernee Simons (perhaps the best shooter in the NBA right now?) with the 24th overall pick.

Shaedon Sharpe - HOME RUN
Scoot Henderson - Next Scottie Pippen

Development. Develop, develop, develop.

This is going to be the best team in the NBA in the late '20s early 30s. Hop on board, still room.

Last edited:
Interesting tidbit on the Mavericks sale; apparently there is nothing contractual ensuring Cuban will get to retain control over bball ops (link). I was very curious to see how this was written up; apparently it is not. So Adelson can basically kick Cuban out of his role anytime she feels like it.

I was planning on just letting the Blazers smack talk go by. I get it . . . Portland fans don't have much to crow about. But since it's dragged on . . .

Portland winning at home by 17 against the Kings was a nice win for the Trailblazers. But the Celtics beating the Kings by 25 ON THE ROAD in Sacramento WITHOUT Tatum was the definition of "abusing" or "beating up" an opponent. The Celtics had 5 players with 20+ points that night.

Yeah, I know, the Celtics are supposed to be good, and the Blazers are supposed to be trash. Portland fans, enjoy your current 2-8 hot streak and savor your hopes, dreams, and aspirations that they will become contenders again in the future.

I was planning on just letting the Blazers smack talk go by. I get it . . . Portland fans don't have much to crow about. But since it's dragged on . . .

Portland winning at home by 17 against the Kings was a nice win for the Trailblazers. But the Celtics beating the Kings by 25 ON THE ROAD in Sacramento WITHOUT Tatum was the definition of "abusing" or "beating up" an opponent. The Celtics had 5 players with 20+ points that night.

Yeah, I know, the Celtics are supposed to be good, and the Blazers are supposed to be trash. Portland fans, enjoy your current 2-8 hot streak and savor your hopes, dreams, and aspirations that they will become contenders again in the future.
Lol what is the point of this? Your team has one title in 35 years and flops in the playoffs every season. Most of your franchise’s history came before the league was fully integrated and your dumb hillbilly city still hated on the best player. Please save it.

Why is everyone picking on the Kings today!?!?! :rant:

If history is any indication and the Rockets played the Kings every game this season, they'd be 82-0 🏆

Lol what is the point of this? Your team has one title in 35 years and flops in the playoffs every season. Most of your franchise’s history came before the league was fully integrated and your dumb hillbilly city still hated on the best player. Please save it.
I think the point was to continue the Sacramento King hate

Why is anyone picking on the Kings ever? It makes the baby Otis Birdsong cry.

So weird coming from a fan of a team that has never won a championship

Says Orlando fan. :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to the Celtics melting down in the playoffs and drinking in all the delicious tears of whiney Boston fans. Again. Thanks for Brogdon and the picks.

I'd like more Suns' hate. Those roosters sure were cocky back in Oct. Nary a peep now that they're sub .500.

People just feel sorry for Sacramento. Can't imagine being that bad for that long. All those wasted draft picks, giving future hall of famer Haliburton away....sad!

Tryin to fire up the Celtics hate tho

What does that have to do with anything. That has to be the most barstool take imaginable. Congrats on being born there?

Tryin to fire up the Celtics hate tho

Be nice. Terrible time to be a Boston fan. Bruins squandered the best regular season in NHL history, Red Sox suck, Patriots are garbage and the Celtics have to call Giannis "daddy".

What does that have to do with anything. That has to be the most barstool take imaginable. Congrats on being born there?
Your the one that brought this whole thing up bud

Actually that was kinda me in response to Yudkin inexplicably flexing on the Kings and sort of the Blazers. Really weird.

Not really, Portnoy

Not really, Portnoy
Are we back to being enemies again?

Not really, Portnoy
Nah. Way too tired for that.

Not really, Portnoy
For the record I am unsure if i dislike anyone more than Portnoy. It hurts a little bit that you would stoop that low

Not really, Portnoy
For the record I am unsure if i dislike anyone more than Portnoy. It hurts a little bit that you would stoop that low
Stop acting like him, imo.

Not really, Portnoy
wait the hell did i even do. you are the one flexing over here

Not really, Portnoy
I realized a few minutes later it was too low of a blow. I apologize. That guy sucks.

Not really, Portnoy
wait the hell did i even do. you are the one flexing over here

I'm not flexing. All I did is show unbridled enthusiasm for a team that is terrible for beating 2 teams that are supposed to be good.

The Portland rebuild is ahead of schedule. I'm happy about it. They're going to be the best team in the NBA by 2028, thanks in part to Boston's trade for Jrue.

Not really, Portnoy
I realized a few minutes later it was too low of a blow. I apologize. That guy sucks.

He does. But he is also the epitome of Boston sport fan.

If we love trash talk again, can we talk more about how the NBA's premier frontrunner, Devin Booker, whined or stayed quiet most of the game while losing, and then started talking **** during a third quarter run, took a cheap shot at Grant Williams, talked more when Grant came right back at him, double techs, etc...and then immediately stopped when Luka reminded him who daddy is.

Easily the most frontrunning, punk, wannabe badass in the league who just isn't. Makes me laugh every time he gets what he deserves. Or, rather doesn't get what he doesn't deserve HAHA.

Playing the Pistons has gone from being an easy win to what is probably the most stressful game on the schedule at this point in the season. No one wants to be the team that looses to end the streak. It’s the most interesting NBA story going right now. The Pistons should be on TNT until they win.

If we love trash talk again, can we talk more about how the NBA's premier frontrunner, Devin Booker, whined or stayed quiet most of the game while losing, and then started talking **** during a third quarter run, took a cheap shot at Grant Williams, talked more when Grant came right back at him, double techs, etc...and then immediately stopped when Luka reminded him who daddy is.

Easily the most frontrunning, punk, wannabe badass in the league who just isn't. Makes me laugh every time he gets what he deserves. Or, rather doesn't get what he doesn't deserve HAHA.
It is rare to see Luka have the moral high ground when it comes to whining.

It is rare to see Luka have the moral high ground when it comes to whining.
Yeah just as I post they completely blow the game against Cleveland too (and then with a chance to recapture it, in a critical moment, Luka somehow doesn't get the call on a drive and should complain). Never been happier to have sold tickets I'd have been so pissed all day tomorrow if I was there for this.

Mavs schedule has been absolutely brutal lately too. Home away home away home away and constant back to backs it feels like.

Playing the Pistons has gone from being an easy win to what is probably the most stressful game on the schedule at this point in the season. No one wants to be the team that looses to end the streak. It’s the most interesting NBA story going right now. The Pistons should be on TNT until they win.

Yeah, the other side to that is every team is laser focused and likely playing their A game which is rare in this long *** season. Poor Pistons :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread