What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - waiting to see some football! (6 Viewers)

It seems Chad will be involved...

"Yes, I got a job with the Raiders," Johnson initially said on Instagram Live, per Sports Illustrated's Fan Nation. "Not as a staff member but as a member of the organization. I'm not sure what it is exactly ... but I will be a part of the team and that's an amazing thing."

Pierce then chimed in with apparent confirmation, sharing Johnson's comment with a remark of his own: "Taking over the
NFL with former players like 85 ... coaching up 17," alluding to Johnson working with Raiders wideout Davante Adams.
I’ll believe when I see it. I’ve seen some really lame alleged text messages. It’s really cringe.
Forgot what Raider beat writer, works for ESPN, but he said it as all just a joke and he's not joining the Raiders.
The tweets and what not are SOOOO dumb

"Yes, I got a job with the Raiders," Johnson initially said on Instagram Live, per Sports Illustrated's Fan Nation. "Not as a staff member but as a member of the organization. I'm not sure what it is exactly ... but I will be a part of the team and that's an amazing thing."

Pierce then chimed in with apparent confirmation, sharing Johnson's comment with a remark of his own: "Taking over the
NFL with former players like 85 ... coaching up 17," alluding to Johnson working with Raiders wideout Davante Adams.
I’ll believe when I see it. I’ve seen some really lame alleged text messages. It’s really cringe.
Forgot what Raider beat writer, works for ESPN, but he said it as all just a joke and he's not joining the Raiders.
The tweets and what not are SOOOO dumb
well it IS SB week and why not create some distractions seeing 2 hated rivals are playing in the RAIDERS front , side and back yards ...gotta make some noise for the Black n sliver

Paul Guiterrez now saying he talked to Chad and he said it was a joke.

:shrug:

The more I look into JJ McCarthy, the more I like the idea of the Raiders drafting him. 21-year-old collegiate champion with all the tools to be an NFL franchise QB, if he can gain about 10 (good) lbs, which should very doable at his age.

Would luv this in Rd 2 and would not hate it in Rd 1, if AP & friends decide he is worthy.

The more I look into JJ McCarthy, the more I like the idea of the Raiders drafting him. 21-year-old collegiate champion with all the tools to be an NFL franchise QB, if he can gain about 10 (good) lbs, which should very doable at his age.

Would luv this in Rd 2 and would not hate it in Rd 1, if AP & friends decide he is worthy.
If the choice was between Nix, Penix and McCarthy I would want McCarthy by a wide margin.

Most Mocks have the Redskins taking Maye with their first pick. what is the community’s thoughts on trading for Howell? Howell is young, and should come cheap. He flashed last year and has decent mobility.
I personally would love it. Young guy that showed a lot of improvement, was considered a stud as a junior then fell off his last year and ended up in the 5th round. We'd get him cheap too.

That information would mean that Bears are keeping Fields (no trade for us)
Not at all. This is a great way to milk the process. If CHI doesn't have Williams as their 1.01 then bluff WSH into giving something up for it. SFO played the Bears like a fiddle a few years ago on Trubisky so this might just be them learning from that. CHI can stay #2 and get their Maye/Daniels that they were always going to pick.

Not at all. This is a great way to milk the process. If CHI doesn't have Williams as their 1.01 then bluff WSH into giving something up for it. SFO played the Bears like a fiddle a few years ago on Trubisky so this might just be them learning from that. CHI can stay #2 and get their Maye/Daniels that they were always going to pick.
Maybe... but is anyone on record for anyone being a higher grade than Caleb (except Harbaugh)?

I didn't watch any of these QB's play much so I have no idea and I am far from doing my annual draft 'research' to say but it seems to me that Caleb is pretty much as close to a universal choice for top QB with it not being very close. Unless I am missing something it is like Caleb is 1A......... big space......... 4 or 5 guys vying for 2A through 2D

Maybe... but is anyone on record for anyone being a higher grade than Caleb (except Harbaugh)?

I didn't watch any of these QB's play much so I have no idea and I am far from doing my annual draft 'research' to say but it seems to me that Caleb is pretty much as close to a universal choice for top QB with it not being very close. Unless I am missing something it is like Caleb is 1A......... big space......... 4 or 5 guys vying for 2A through 2D
This morning Tim Hasselbach was gushing about Maye. He has him over Caleb and thinks there will be more people that do when it's closer to the draft.

To me it seems like Caleb is most people's choice.....small to moderate space.......Maye.....small space......Daniels.........big space........McCarthy, Penix and Nix.

but it seems to me that Caleb is pretty much as close to a universal choice for top QB with it not being very close. Unless I am missing something it is like Caleb is 1A......... big space......... 4 or 5 guys vying for 2A through 2D
Yes.

But one tweet from Daniel Jermiah or Schefter saying they they hear "not every team has Caleb #1", and suddenly everyone will then be free to rank Maye over Caleb.

Follow Jeremiah and Dane Brugler. All the rest of these analysts follow their general rankings.

Everyone knows right now it's Williams, Maye, Daniels. In February. Late April is a long way away.

If Daniel Jeremiah said today that he has McCarthy in his top 20, he would be in everyone's top 20, and we would start thinking about him for our pick.

We all knew this date last year we had no shot at Jalen Carter, right?

Post combine rankings from Brugler, Jeremiah, and Zierlein. That's when I start paying attention.

Everyone else is copying off their work, and making tweaks.

Regarding JJ McCarthy--yeah man.

I linked to some his "every throw" Youtubes in his thread. I highly recommend checking them out. He doesn't miss many passes. Even when plays didn't work out, you see some really nice stuff. His receivers weren't carrying him, that's for sure.

My issue with Penix is he had two WRs that are both gonna go top 60 this spring (ish). And his 3rd guy was good too. ANd he's old. I worry about Penix.

My issue with Penix is he had two WRs that are both gonna go top 60 this spring (ish). And his 3rd guy was good too. ANd he's old. I worry about Penix.
And he's had major injury issues. Nix and Penix were both in college a long time. They should look good at the level college level with that much experience. McCarthy's ceiling and room for growth is far superior than both of them IMO.

JJ McCarthy's 3rd year in college:

2991 yds, 22 TDs, 4 INT

Michael Penix 3rd year in college:

1645 yds, 14 TD, 4 INT

Bo Nix 3rd year in college:

2294 yds, 11 TD, 3 INT

Jayden Daniels, 3rd year in college:

2380 yds, 10 TD, 10 INT

I'm just saying...........

JJ McCarthy's 3rd year in college:

2991 yds, 22 TDs, 4 INT

Michael Penix 3rd year in college:

1645 yds, 14 TD, 4 INT

Bo Nix 3rd year in college:

2294 yds, 11 TD, 3 INT

Jayden Daniels, 3rd year in college:

2380 yds, 10 TD, 10 INT

I'm just saying...........

Seems we were a few days early, but the JJM hype train is officially on the move. One of the CBS mock drafts had him going 12 yesterday to the Bronkies just ahead of the Raiders (that would suck), and Ben Albright tweeted that he has league sources telling him McCarthy will likely go top ten...

My eye test says the same. This dude is not going to fall to 13 when you have Atl, Min, and Den and both NY teams picking between 6-12.

Did Maxx really get ZERO DPOY votes?
That pissed me off.
Not winning because of a split or close vote is one thing. ZERO votes is a joke.

Can't even use the Sacks Leader excuse this year, as that was Watt. If you look across stats that should be considered, including Sacks, Tkl, TFL, Hurries, FF, Snaps, Maxx outperformed both Watt and Garrett. If you look at leadership and locker room impact, Maxx outperformed everyone in the NFL.

What do all ya`all think of this ?

AP drives around giving local workers 250.00 in gift cards

Publicity stunt? Nice deed ? Getting paid by circle K?

All of the above?
The dude is getting HC money now.... guaranteed. If I got that, I would happily do the same just for the kicks of brightening someone's day and being able to do it.

But that is me.
Ive never seen that before from an NF HC , ive seen charity events sponsored by the NFL thru its teams tho .

I think its awesome

All of the above?
All of the above. AP has been all over the media and social media lately. Making the Raiders relevant again.
Dude is a winner bringing that winning spirit and old school Raider swager back! We will win FA's because they want to come play for him. On top of the many FA perks of being in LV with AP... we will be a very desirable landing spot for FA's.

All of the above?

I'd stop short of calling it a stunt. He has shown that he knows how to use his voice and presence. He knows exactly what he is doing. But I also get the very strong feeling that you don't tell AP to do something he isn't behind 100% on his own merit. Regardless if the money is out of his pocket, or the Raiders Org, he backs this idea from start to finish.

Sounds like the Dolts are going into rebuilding mode. It is expected that they try to trade Mack and now I see a report that they will 'listen to offers' for Joey Bosa.

It is interesting to me, when I heard Harbaugh speak about taking over in an interview, he mentioned Herby of course and then basically no one else and gave a general 'a lot of good players' type of comment. It was striking to me that he didn't throw in Mack and Bosa in a quick rambling off of star players.... I guess maybe that is because they are looking to move on.

That pissed me off.
Not winning because of a split or close vote is one thing. ZERO votes is a joke.

Can't even use the Sacks Leader excuse this year, as that was Watt. If you look across stats that should be considered, including Sacks, Tkl, TFL, Hurries, FF, Snaps, Maxx outperformed both Watt and Garrett. If you look at leadership and locker room impact, Maxx outperformed everyone in the NFL.

This is the list of AP Voters...
Sad to see Gannon on there and not voting for Maxx. He'd understand, as a former player. the value Maxx brought on and off the field.

All of the above?

I'd stop short of calling it a stunt. He has shown that he knows how to use his voice and presence. He knows exactly what he is doing. But I also get the very strong feeling that you don't tell AP to do something he isn't behind 100% on his own merit. Regardless if the money is out of his pocket, or the Raiders Org, he backs this idea from start to finish.
And he is capitalizing on his cult of personality that has emerged. He is a man of the fans and the players. There is a lot about that that actually will help get W's too.

Maxx Crosby talks about how Jon Gruden once threatened to cut the #Raiders star Maxx Crosby for batting down Derek Carr's passes in practice

That pissed me off.

The NFL is a joke these days. It’s a popularity contest more than an athletic event and rewards go to those that bring in the most revenue for the league.

The Raiders are finalizing the hire of former Titans TE coach Luke Steckel as their new TE coach, Per Yahoo! Sports
Steckel was a tight end coach for the Titans back in 2021 and 2022 before moving to the offensive line for the Bears. Steckel has plenty of NFL experience coaching multiple positions on offense and has been in the league as a coach since 2009.

I can’t help bringing it up but the amount of publicity AP is getting right now, you’d think the Raiders were in the Super Bowl. Seriously, the man has been on every outlet over the past week promoting the Raiders and firing everyone up. I get good vibes from AP, he genuinely wants to get this ship righted and I believe the players genuinely respect and like him. Also a lot of people outside the organization are rooting for him to succeed. Can’t remember the last time there were such positivity around the Raiders.

I gotta root for SF today

i wish neither were playing in the Raiders stadium

id be fine with teams like Houston vs Detroit tho :P

well the Raiders will never live that down , chiefs fans will be rubbing it in forever

To think the Raiders slapped the SB champions around in KC week 15 and made it look easy .

Gotta win the games that matter next season

well the Raiders will never live that down , chiefs fans will be rubbing it in forever

To think the Raiders slapped the SB champions around in KC week 15 and made it look easy .

Nobody in the media will talk about it but the Chargers and Broncos are essentially in beginning stages of rebuilding. The Raiders are slightly ahead of them and have the formula to beat the Chiefs. AP and the Raiders are coming….

Goes to show that you just have to get to the playoffs and get some lucky bounces to win the big games. KC was a good but not great team that was outplayed by SF. All that matters is the final score.

KC going for the 3peat and history . I wonder if FAs like Chris Jones, who was out of his mind over how amazing the Raiders training facility is , will sign with other teams ( like the Raiders for instance) or stay in KC for historical reasons:ponder:

Oddly, the Raiders lost another coach before he even really started.... DeShaun Foster to become the head coach for UCLA

Chris Jones will be 30 in July and is looking for $30 million per year. Easy pass.
If we’ve learned one thing from Chan, DLmen over 30 should not demand big money

Agreed, except Chan had a history of mental health issues before the Raiders signed him.

I'd take Jones on a 3 yr $60 MM deal with only the first two years guaranteed. He is still elite, DTs age better than most positions, and this would hurt the Chiefs as much as it would help the Raiders. Richard Seymour was 29 when he came over, and I think Jones has similar character.

Chris Jones will be 30 in July and is looking for $30 million per year. Easy pass.

Agreed, except Chan had a history of mental health issues before the Raiders signed him.

I'd take Jones on a 3 yr $60 MM deal with only the first two years guaranteed. He is still elite, DTs age better than most positions, and this would hurt the Chiefs as much as it would help the Raiders. Richard Seymour was 29 when he came over, and I think Jones has similar character.
Jones WAS the KC defensive line this season.

I think he showing signs of his age though. Last year, he played just short of 80% of the snaps. That went down to 68% and the games I saw him play, you could clearly see him on fumes late in the game. $30 million is a lot for a guy that you need to give more than 1 play a series off to help keep him fresh. On the other hand, he was ridiculously disruptive. 10 sacks from the middle though would be tremendous with Maxx and Koonce on the edges. If not for the age and potential for decline, I would say absolutely. But that is a big investment on a guy that old that is showing signs of slowing down.

Jones WAS the KC defensive line this season.

I think he showing signs of his age though. Last year, he played just short of 80% of the snaps. That went down to 68% and the games I saw him play, you could clearly see him on fumes late in the game. $30 million is a lot for a guy that you need to give more than 1 play a series off to help keep him fresh. On the other hand, he was ridiculously disruptive. 10 sacks from the middle though would be tremendous with Maxx and Koonce on the edges. If not for the age and potential for decline, I would say absolutely. But that is a big investment on a guy that old that is showing signs of slowing down.

I suggested 3 yrs, $60 MM - first two guaranteed. $20 MM per. KC paid him $19.5 MM on a one year deal this past season.

Zero hate and tons of admiration for Mahomes and Reid. TD passes to MVS and Mecole tonight in winning time. Tip of the cap to the champs.
Andy Reid has said in multiple interviews that the ***-kicking they took at the hand of the Raiders was what they needed to get back on track.

I also read in Peter King's story this morning that Reid texted Pierce after that game. From the article:

Reid thought back to the embarrassing physical beatdown the Raiders gave his team on Christmas Day. And he reached out to Antonio Pierce, the Raiders’ coach, this week to thank him for it.

Thank him?

“I texted him,” Reid said. “I just said, Hey, beautiful facility, first of all. And I appreciate you kicking our tail because you taught us a lesson. You get complacent in this business, the margin between winning and losing is tiny. You better step up. There’s a time and a place for these players that have been here before. You know what it takes. If you’re the veteran that’s dropping the ball or you’re the veteran getting the penalties, you better figure it out. Figure it out quick. This season’s gonna go down.”

Pierce seems like one of the good ones. And he is most definitely rebuilding that Raiders culture. You can just feel it, man.

Users who are viewing this thread