What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

Iran vowed revenge. That's a pretty strong rumor.

They made a very similar vow after the US killed their general in Iraq. I expect at minimum they will be launching some missiles at Israeli targets, but can't guess to the extent/where or if that will pretty much be the end of it or if it continues to escalate.

Gold as a geopolitical hedge? Might be time for some more IAUM, although it dropped at the end of the day along with everything else.

I thought energy stocks might hold up today, that didn't happen, although I guess they did relative to all the tech in my portfolio.

Is BTC ready to run?

UWMC getting smoked last couple of days. Might be a good entry point.
Racketeering lawsuit

Market's shrugging it off so far.
The story of that Hunterbrook Media is interesting.
More here.
Talk about a massive conflict of interest.

Gotta wonder if those big volume spikes this week that led to the decline were people with inside info getting out early or that Hedge Fund shorting in blocks.

UWMC getting smoked last couple of days. Might be a good entry point.
Racketeering lawsuit

Market's shrugging it off so far.

@Chadstroma , I'm sure you've got a take?

Talk about a massive conflict of interest.

Gotta wonder if those big volume spikes this week that led to the decline were people with inside info getting out early or that Hedge Fund shorting in blocks.

Looks to me almost like a new way to try and short a company. Or maybe not so new, idk.

Surprised the market hasn’t tanked. We rallied on the expectation of 5-6 rate cuts and now we probably get zero this year.

I have a feeling the initial shock of rates going up was worse than the actual number. Businesses seem to be working with what we have now. Not sure how much "We'd do XYZ but can't because of the rates." there is out there. No company can sit idly for months/years to wait for a few cuts.

Sorry for a tangential question but it's somewhat relevant. My TD Ameritrade account is due to move to Schwab in one month and, from my past experience with Schwab, I do not want that to happen. I've moved other accounts to Vanguard, but this is my active-trading account and Vanguard isn't great for that. I'd love to hear recommendations for where to move. I trade mostly stocks but also options, including call spreads and other more exotic option trades.

Sorry for a tangential question but it's somewhat relevant. My TD Ameritrade account is due to move to Schwab in one month and, from my past experience with Schwab, I do not want that to happen. I've moved other accounts to Vanguard, but this is my active-trading account and Vanguard isn't great for that. I'd love to hear recommendations for where to move. I trade mostly stocks but also options, including call spreads and other more exotic option trades.
Fidelity. I've used all three you mention and it's the best of the three. Those option levels are available.

I have Vanguard for my set it and forget it holdings, ... TD Schwab, and Etrade for my in and out trading.
I'm far from an expert so I like Etrade since it is easy to use. They service crypto related products (unlike Vanguard) and options are a breeze with their own options chain and such.

Schwab changed the look on their mobile app and I cannot STAND it. Used to be so crisp and easy to use and now it looks like hell. Considering leaving them just for that reason alone.

My old man had an IRA at Schwab with beneficiary identified. He also had a couple of life insurance policies with Pru and a company I'd never heard of before and couldn't tell you the name of now. In order of ease of receiving payout, it was definitely:

Company X

Pru

Schwab

How it's easier to collect life insurance than an IRA with a designated beneficiary, I have no idea. But they forced a ton of hoop jumping that shouldn't have been necessary, and to me it was clearly an effort to get the beneficiary to throw up their hands and say, "I'll just leave the money there." Which my mom probably would have done and which I immediately objected to out of principle once I'd determine that seemed to be their goal. I had no preconceived notions about them, but I'll never have an account there. Why would I put my beneficiaries through a process I know to be needlessly painful?

My old man had an IRA at Schwab with beneficiary identified. He also had a couple of life insurance policies with Pru and a company I'd never heard of before and couldn't tell you the name of now. In order of ease of receiving payout, it was definitely:

Company X

Pru

Schwab

How it's easier to collect life insurance than an IRA with a designated beneficiary, I have no idea. But they forced a ton of hoop jumping that shouldn't have been necessary, and to me it was clearly an effort to get the beneficiary to throw up their hands and say, "I'll just leave the money there." Which my mom probably would have done and which I immediately objected to out of principle once I'd determine that seemed to be their goal. I had no preconceived notions about them, but I'll never have an account there. Why would I put my beneficiaries through a process I know to be needlessly painful?

Well, this is terrifying. That's where my dad's stuff is housed and while I'm a Schwab user, I never even considered this being a potential problem. :mellow:

Sorry about your dad, GB. :(

Company X

Pru

Schwab

Well, this is terrifying. That's where my dad's stuff is housed and while I'm a Schwab user, I never even considered this being a potential problem. :mellow:

Sorry about your dad, GB. :(
If you are the named beneficiary, this should help you. One of my beefs was that they forced her to open an account with them. I don't know if it's good or bad that I wasn't on that call.

ETA:
Perspective: We got every cent.

And it very well could have just been the rep she had. But I didn't expect it to take considerably longer and require more effort than the other 2.

Last edited:
Schwab changed the look on their mobile app and I cannot STAND it. Used to be so crisp and easy to use and now it looks like hell. Considering leaving them just for that reason alone.
i migrated from scottrade to tda to schwab. purely for trading and not necessarily balance checking nor account maintenance, have you tried the thinkorswim app? it was the scottrade app that keeps following these mergers. the desktop and mobile app is pretty good, desktop one much better than the mobile with massive research features. caveat, it's all i've known for over a decade so I dunno what Schwab use to look like. etrade is the only other platform i've ever been on in almost 30 years.

There is a database for any life insurance sold in the united states. You should be able to access it through your state commissioner of insurance. Life insurance proceeds should take 48 hours once a death certificate is received. Anything longer than 2 weeks is unacceptable and needs to be to be reported to that same commissioner.

Signed an independent insurance broker.

After checking out the premiums on future calls on MSTR, I'm going to make an attempt next week to sell a short term out of the money call on my 100 shares. Never attempted anything like this before, but the shares are taking up too large of a percentage of my portfolio and I'm stuck on how to further diversify without selling my current shares this far away from my target price. For my smaller holdings, $mara and $hut the premiums dont seem to be worth the trouble.

We will see how easy this is for an idiot to figure out on fidelity. Will report back.

Con: if my predicted squeeze does begin before the april 19th date im looking at Im going to shoot myself in the foot for what will amount to breadcrumbs...conflicted.

Last edited:
There is a database for any life insurance sold in the united states. You should be able to access it through your state commissioner of insurance. Life insurance proceeds should take 48 hours once a death certificate is received. Anything longer than 2 weeks is unacceptable and needs to be to be reported to that same commissioner.

If life insurance was bought in NY state but policy holder died in PA state and beneficiary lives in PA state, which state commissioner of insurance do we go to?

If life insurance was bought in NY state but policy holder died in PA state and beneficiary lives in PA state, which state commissioner of insurance do we go to?
New York. Always the state where its signed.

Make sure there are no other outstanding policies here:

File complaint:

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
my predicted squeeze

Is MSTR the best way to play this potential squeeze?
Absolutely imo. 20%+ short interest at <$1500 stock price. Pre-market is timid, I think it rips 18%+ today.

Standing firm on my $2600 short term target price.

Time frame?
Within the next 6 months. Bitcoin to $120-180k in that same time frame.

After getting stuck holding my bag last cycle, I was forced to ride MSTR and MARA all the way down -80%. I battened the hatches and stayed the course to get back to where I am.

This time around, I want to be 50-75% out of those positions by September. Still long for btc next 10 nears but it would be nice to worry about other stuff as well after a decade of this circus, not that I'm complaining about my overall results.

ETA: in theory we pants these shorts over the next 60 days and get there a lot faster but these are big boys betting against it and they are using long btc positions as leverage. I'm betting on this being this year's $gme.

After checking out the premiums on future calls on MSTR, I'm going to make an attempt next week to sell a short term out of the money call on my 100 shares. Never attempted anything like this before, but the shares are taking up too large of a percentage of my portfolio and I'm stuck on how to further diversify without selling my current shares this far away from my target price. For my smaller holdings, $mara and $hut the premiums dont seem to be worth the trouble.

We will see how easy this is for an idiot to figure out on fidelity. Will report back.

Con: if my predicted squeeze does begin before the april 19th date im looking at Im going to shoot myself in the foot for what will amount to breadcrumbs...conflicted.

Dipped my toes in. Sold my first one for this friday for a 2200 strike price. $580 net.

Plan is to just let it expire out of the money on friday. Not going to attempt any kind of option trading at this point

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread