What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Boston with a little DUI action (1 Viewer)

September, 2010:

Welcome to the new season, everybody. We're all here in Los Angeles for the Week 1 game matching the New England Patriots with the expansion Los Angeles Pariahs. As you all know by now, Commissioner Goodell banished ex-owner Al Davis from the league two years ago after an appearance on Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" but after the lawsuit, he's back in the league and has been tapped as the head coach of the expansion team. He just missed LA that much!"...Vick under center, takes the snap, drops back, scrambles, and finds David Boston on the sideline for an 8 yard gain. Man he looks ripped and the coaches are raving about the energy he's bringing to the field every day!""...Vick stands in the pocket this time, feeling some pressure, and throws to Chris Henry over the middle...OH what a catch. He's down at the 27. Man did he get hit. The training staff is evaluating him for a concussion, but with all the field sobriety test practice he's had, I think he'll pass anyway.""...Ricky pops through the middle of the line for 4 yards. Williams isn't the same back he was several years ago, but he sure plays with a smile on his face.""...Brady finds some open room and heads for the first-down marker trying to get out of bounds. Oh!...he's met at the line by Pacman Jones, who ties him up long enough for Odell Thurman to finish off the tackle and drive him back. This one is going to be measured....""...Maroney takes the handoff from Brady on the counter and BOOM - he's met at the line by Tank Johnson. Wow...he went down so hard, it looked like he got shot!"
Hmm...maybe not. ;)I suppose it's feasible Boston was just fatigued and fell asleep. I've been so tired that I just "rested my eyes" while stopped at red lights before. I never actually fell asleep though. Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does it even say he passed the sobriety test? Keep seeing this repeated yet haven't read that anywhere. It said he COMPLETED it, but that doesn't mean he passed it. In fact, it states that based on the results of that sobriety test, they decided to arrest him.

Anyone with any different info on this?
:goodposting: I had to double check the news reports too, and this is definitely how it's worded:

"Boston completed a field sobriety test, and the officer said he had probable cause to believe that he had been driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance."

It went on to say that he passed the breathalizer, but it does mention that he COMPLETED the sobriety test, (not passed), then the officer said he had probable cause.

That leads to the distinct possibility...

Possibly failed sobriety test? + Passed breathalizer = Drugs

I have to say, I just love the way this story is evolving....

After conducting a field sobriety test, an officer deemed probable cause to charge Boston with driving under the influence of a controlled substance or alcohol, according to the statement.

The field test "definitely indicated he was under the influence of some type of something," Forseth said, adding that the test was conducted by one of only several drug recognition experts in the county.
Sure... sure it was.Sounds like the police are trying to prep for a wrongful arrest lawsuit.

Maybe he was cited because he's black and driving a nice car. Seriously. He passed the field sobriety, which is tough even if you're sober.He passed the breathalizer. Can we give the guy a chance to clear his name this time before we ban him from the league for life?
EXACTLY; Step away from the ledge and give it a few days. Besides; the fantasy value for Tampa's #2 wr is not that great! :goodposting:

Maybe he was cited because he's black and driving a nice car. Seriously.

He passed the field sobriety, which is tough even if you're sober.

He passed the breathalizer.

Can we give the guy a chance to clear his name this time before we ban him from the league for life?
:goodposting: :unsure:

Can we give the guy a chance to clear his name this time before we ban him from the league for life?
:thumbdown: :thumbup:
he failed the field test, only passed the breathalizer
Although breathalyzer tests showed that there was no alcohol in his system, Boston was also given a field sobriety test, at which point it was determined that there was probable cause to arrest him and charge him with driving under the influence of a controlled substance or alcohol.

:thumbdown: :link:
he failed the field test, only passed the breathalizer
Although breathalyzer tests showed that there was no alcohol in his system, Boston was also given a field sobriety test, at which point it was determined that there was probable cause to arrest him and charge him with driving under the influence of a controlled substance or alcohol.
:thumbup: Ruh roh.... :thumbup:

Some of those lights down there take forever to turn green. At least he had enough sense to wait until he was stopped to take his nap. Whatever happened to the good old days of "Oh its you Mr. Boston we'll follow you home and make sure you get there safely."

1. I want to know what car doesn't move when it is in drive and there is no pressure on the brake pedal. Your muscles are relaxed when you are asleep. So one of those two things isn't true, but easily could be the newspaper reports.

2. Have you been woken up in the middle of sleep and tried to do a "field sobriety test". You will fail. Doesn't prove anything.

3. You do realize as a previous offender he is tested weekly at a minimum for all banned substances. If he did something that was illegal or would get him banned, he would know he would be busted.

This smells like Chris Henry beating up those kids and everyone sure he was guilty. He may have been stupid and guilty of something, but three pages of people claiming he is guilty without knowing anything, kinda sad.

September, 20010:

Welcome to the new season, everybody. We're all here in Los Angeles for the Week 1 game matching the New England Patriots with the expansion Los Angeles Pariahs. As you all know by now, Commissioner Goodell banished ex-owner Al Davis from the league two years ago after an appearance on Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" but after the lawsuit, he's back in the league and has been tapped as the head coach of the expansion team. He just missed LA that much!"...Vick under center, takes the snap, drops back, scrambles, and finds David Boston on the sideline for an 8 yard gain. Man he looks ripped and the coaches are raving about the energy he's bringing to the field every day!""...Vick stands in the pocket this time, feeling some pressure, and throws to Chris Henry over the middle...OH what a catch. He's down at the 27. Man did he get hit. The training staff is evaluating him for a concussion, but with all the field sobriety test practice he's had, I think he'll pass anyway.""...Ricky pops through the middle of the line for 4 yards. Williams isn't the same back he was several years ago, but he sure plays with a smile on his face.""...Brady finds some open room and heads for the first-down marker trying to get out of bounds. Oh!...he's met at the line by Pacman Jones, who ties him up long enough for Odell Thurman to finish off the tackle and drive him back. This one is going to be measured....""...Maroney takes the handoff from Brady on the counter and BOOM - he's met at the line by Tank Johnson. Wow...he went down so hard, it looked like he got shot!"
Hmm...maybe not. :ph34r:I suppose it's feasible Boston was just fatigued and fell asleep. I've been so tired that I just "rested my eyes" while stopped at red lights before. I never actually fell asleep though. Time will tell.
You forgot about Onterrio Smith and the Whizzinator.

Some of those lights down there take forever to turn green. At least he had enough sense to wait until he was stopped to take his nap. Whatever happened to the good old days of "Oh its you Mr. Boston we'll follow you home and make sure you get there safely."
:ph34r:

The best explanation offered in this thread so far is the one about the cop being a bitter Michael Clayton owner.

1. I want to know what car doesn't move when it is in drive and there is no pressure on the brake pedal. Your muscles are relaxed when you are asleep. So one of those two things isn't true, but easily could be the newspaper reports.

2. Have you been woken up in the middle of sleep and tried to do a "field sobriety test". Doesn't prove anything.

3. You do realize as a previous offender he is tested weekly at a minimum for all banned substances. If he did something that was illegal or would get him banned, he would know he would be busted.

This smells like Chris Henry beating up those kids and everyone sure he was guilty. He may have been stupid and guilty of something, but three pages of people claiming he is guilty without knowing anything, kinda sad.
1. Your foot is heavy enough to apply pressure to the break pedal, even when not using your muscles to depress it. If you have your foot on the brake, and you fall asleep, yes your muscles will relax, but that doesn't mean his foot will pull off the pedal completely. That, or it could be that the car came to rest on an incline. Or a combo of the two. We'll have to wait and see on that one I think, one way or the other, until a full report is released.2. "Have you been woken up in the middle of sleep and tried to do a "field sobriety test".You will fail." Actually no, no I haven't. And unless you have, I doubt you know either, so I think you're reaching on that one.

3. Tested weekly? Doesn't sound right to me. Is that in the conduct policy? Link?

Hadn't noticed this posted yet.

The jail affidavit said that Boston had poor balance. It also said he has a tattoo of "Chucky" on the right side of his chest.

"He seemed disoriented and confused," officer J. McNeil said in the arrest affidavit. "He had mood swings and seemed evasive."
:rolleyes:

There is a history here!

Back in his AZ days Boston had a similarly bizzare incident. There was an audio file floating around back in 2002 (spring/summer i think) of a phoenix residents call to 911 while following a drunk driver (Boston) navigate the streets of phoenix. If anyone can find it it was quite entertaining.

Anyway, Boston makes it home, 911 sends the cops to his door....AND HE ANSWERS! DB gets arrested.

Didn't take time to hunt down the fulll story, but here is a little blurb i found

Arizona Cardinals star receiver David Boston was charged with drunken driving. Blood tests also tested positive for cocaine and marijuana. Two bags of cocaine were found later in the back seat of the patrol car that Boston had traveled in, but there was no solid evidence linking them to Boston
The dude is just very strange.

Oh, FFS! I was this >< close to activating him from the taxi squad yesterday, too.

Federal said:
There is a history here!

Back in his AZ days Boston had a similarly bizzare incident. There was an audio file floating around back in 2001 (spring/summer i think) of a phoenix residents call to 911 while following a drunk driver (Boston) navigate the streets of phoenix. If anyone can find it it was quite entertaining.

Anyway, Boston makes it home, 911 sends the cops to his door....AND HE ANSWERS! BD gets arrested.

Didn't take time to hunt down the fulll story, but here is a little blurb i found

Arizona Cardinals star receiver David Boston was charged with drunken driving. Blood tests also tested positive for cocaine and marijuana. Two bags of cocaine were found later in the back seat of the patrol car that Boston had traveled in, but there was no solid evidence linking them to Boston
The dude is just very strange.
Except that he blow triple zeros when they tested him yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes of this. Does anyone know if he had practice earlier in the day? He could have just been dehydrated or tired. I've had days where I worked all day then worked out, then when driving in the early evening I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I'd also like to know how often he is being tested by the NFL because you would have to think pretty regularly so that piss test could come up clean.

If he was under the influence then he deserves to be punished but its way to early to make judgement.

I doubt he was doing coke if he was asleep...unless he was coming down but 7:30PM seems a little early for that. Weed is a good possibility since it is pretty easy to get out of your system especially if you don't do it regularly. Not sure what else it could be???

Wberry said:
maybe it's sleep apnea ? sometimes, i am typing and getttt ttirrrrrred andd.d .. a .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You're thinking of narcolepsy.Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing while you are sleeping.Narcolepsy is the one that would lead to adsoith9efgioadfjk/.m, j............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sleep apnea can cause perpetual tiredness, which can cause the zzzzzzzzzzzz.Don't know what happened, but I'm thining both sides have something to hide here. The line about one of only a few drug recognition experts in the country means either no cops know what to look for, or they're trying to cover their posterior. I'm betting the latter.

hephner said:
Willowdoc said:

2. Have you been woken up in the middle of sleep and tried to do a "field sobriety test". Doesn't prove anything.

1. Your foot is heavy enough to apply pressure to the break pedal, even when not using your muscles to depress it. If you have your foot on the brake, and you fall asleep, yes your muscles will relax, but that doesn't mean his foot will pull off the pedal completely. That, or it could be that the car came to rest on an incline. Or a combo of the two. We'll have to wait and see on that one I think, one way or the other, until a full report is released.2. "Have you been woken up in the middle of sleep and tried to do a "field sobriety test".You will fail." Actually no, no I haven't. And unless you have, I doubt you know either, so I think you're reaching on that one.

3. Tested weekly? Doesn't sound right to me. Is that in the conduct policy? Link?
To your first point. Yes I have been woken up and had to immediately do both physical and intellectual testing. Not only that, I have seen a good 40 or so other college students do it. I did my college honors thesis on sleep disturbances and dreaming at the University of Michigan before I went to medical school. Sorry the policy is actually up to 10 x/month(though my understanding is that most teams do it weekly): "At the sole discretion of the Medical Advisor, a player may or may not be tested; however, if he is tested, he may not be tested more than 10 times during any calendar month."

http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/rulesandregs/Drug_Policy_2007.pdf

CrossEyed said:
Hadn't noticed this posted yet.

The jail affidavit said that Boston had poor balance. It also said he has a tattoo of "Chucky" on the right side of his chest.

"He seemed disoriented and confused," officer J. McNeil said in the arrest affidavit. "He had mood swings and seemed evasive."
:confused:
Of course he had poor balance those skinny tooth picks can barely hold up his massive upper body. He damn near topples over any time he gets left or right of center.

Wberry said:
maybe it's sleep apnea ? sometimes, i am typing and getttt ttirrrrrred andd.d .. a .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You're thinking of narcolepsy.Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing while you are sleeping.Narcolepsy is the one that would lead to adsoith9efgioadfjk/.m, j............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sleep apnea can cause perpetual tiredness, which can cause the zzzzzzzzzzzz.Don't know what happened, but I'm thining both sides have something to hide here. The line about one of only a few drug recognition experts in the country means either no cops know what to look for, or they're trying to cover their posterior. I'm betting the latter.
Sleep apnea frequently causes narcoleptic episodes. Its one of the things you ask about when you are screening for sleep apnea. And before anyone asks, yes obesity is related to obstuctive sleep apnea, but central sleep apnea which has no relationship to weight occurs in patients DBs age. In no way am I saying he has this, just that the objection raised above was incorrect.

This is of course just opinion/speculation.

Part of the reason I was very uninterested in picking Boston up this year is that everyone was raving about him LAST year at this time with VERY similar phrasing. Then, all of the sudden, he goes from being a big part of the team (and at a fairly low salary) to off of the team. Why? Why not keep him on the team, and have him be WR6 or something? That bugged me then, and it bugged me earlier this pre-season when the hype started again.

But a true drug problem could explain that. Boston DOES look good on the field (practice or games), but the team has an inkling that all is not well in the Boston universe. In 2006 they get some indication that's he's fallen off of the wagon right before he is cut, but they hope he can clean up and give him another shot the next year. Everything is looking good, and then BLAM, he's gone again.

Again, just ONE possible explanation for a very bizarre history.

This is of course just opinion/speculation.

Part of the reason I was very uninterested in picking Boston up this year is that everyone was raving about him LAST year at this time with VERY similar phrasing. Then, all of the sudden, he goes from being a big part of the team (and at a fairly low salary) to off of the team. Why? Why not keep him on the team, and have him be WR6 or something? That bugged me then, and it bugged me earlier this pre-season when the hype started again.

But a true drug problem could explain that. Boston DOES look good on the field (practice or games), but the team has an inkling that all is not well in the Boston universe. In 2006 they get some indication that's he's fallen off of the wagon right before he is cut, but they hope he can clean up and give him another shot the next year. Everything is looking good, and then BLAM, he's gone again.

Again, just ONE possible explanation for a very bizarre history.
Because they had an OL injury and needed to clear a roster spot for it. As Boston WAS the WR 6 due to still recovering from injury, he was the one they let go. So last year it wasn't a drug problem. This reasoning was given last year, when he was released, and is the same story Gruden is saying this year about why Boston didn't stay with the team last year.

BTW, you should get a job for The Smoking Gun or something - you're pretty good at making up stuff.

hephner said:
Willowdoc said:

To your first point. Yes I have been woken up and had to immediately do both physical and intellectual testing. Not only that, I have seen a good 40 or so other college students do it. I did my college honors thesis on sleep disturbances and dreaming at the University of Michigan before I went to medical school. Sorry the policy is actually up to 10 x/month(though my understanding is that most teams do it weekly): "At the sole discretion of the Medical Advisor, a player may or may not be tested; however, if he is tested, he may not be tested more than 10 times during any calendar month."

http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/rulesandregs/Drug_Policy_2007.pdf
Ya, it looks like "up to" is the key phrase, but the way I read it, he's not even required to be tested. When I looked at the link, it says any player playing in the preseason is tested once between April 20th and August 9th. Aside from that, it doesn't look like he's required to be tested, depending on the Medical Advisors decision.

So he passed the field sobriety test AND blew negative, but sleeping in your car 15 miles from your destination is still probable cause. Hard to know where this one's headed. A clean urine test and they've got nothing, I'd say.

Anyone actually know where he stands with the NFL if the test isn't clean?
I don't believe he is going to be that valuable and this isn't good news, but I tend to agree with wdcrob: what kind of a free country do we live in if you pull over to the side of the road, fall asleep, get awakend by cops, pass a drug test, and still get cited? Is it against the law to sleep in your car? Should it be? Is that really probable cause to do a urine test?
Yes, depending on the state, it IS against the law to have the car in drive and/or running and fall asleep at the wheel of the car. It's at minimum reckless driving.

Tigers never change their stripes. There is a reason this guy is trying to catch on for the fifth time

So he passed the field sobriety test AND blew negative, but sleeping in your car 15 miles from your destination is still probable cause. Hard to know where this one's headed. A clean urine test and they've got nothing, I'd say.

Anyone actually know where he stands with the NFL if the test isn't clean?
I don't believe he is going to be that valuable and this isn't good news, but I tend to agree with wdcrob: what kind of a free country do we live in if you pull over to the side of the road, fall asleep, get awakend by cops, pass a drug test, and still get cited? Is it against the law to sleep in your car? Should it be? Is that really probable cause to do a urine test?
Asleep at the wheel with the engine running sounds a bit suspicious...and dangerous.
It's 90 degrees- A/C down? And nobody said the car was in gear...
:lmao: I just don't get the part about being in Pinellas Park. That is not even close to the airport.

Some pills/drugs will actually help you pass a sobriety test. His passing it means virtually nothing.
it never says he passed a filed sobriety test, just that he "completed" it. How well he did is never mentioned, and I would assume the officer used his discretion in citing him, etc...

He absolutely nailed the nose touching test. He gets a 10 for that one. :popcorn:

I think at the end of that test he asked the cop 'Is that all you got?'

The thing is, his story is a lie. Why lie to the cop if you aren't guilty of anything?
According to the story, he didn't know where he was when the officer woke him up and asked him. If he didn't know where he was upon waking up, why should he be expected to sound reasonable upon further questioning?

yo why the cops gotta be hatin' on him? he aint no drunk or high. listen to the man talk. he is straight laced. yah das right, he is straight laced.

Hmm...really hope it's nothing. He was willing to give blood, breath, whatever right off.

There are some explanations for why he could have been asleep - not all of them have to involve a substance.

I'll pull back my judgement until the results of the urinalysis come through.

I won't have any concerns picking him up as a sleeper if it's clean and all they can charge him with is "reckless driving" or falling asleep at the wheel or something. Getting in trouble with the law for one of THOSE and having the NFL come down on him would be stupid. If it's a drug in his system, then goodnight David.

I can't believe that cop listened to all that arguing.

Best part is when he was complaining about his balance with walking a line, after doing a month of an NFL training camp. :excited:

Honestly, I'm watching the video, and the guy seems fine to me. He's standing up straight, doesn't seem to be swaying from side to side, just seems kind of tired and annoyed.

:excited:

Besides, who parties and does drugs without drinking any alcohol at all? Not even a beer?

Guy blew a triple zero and appears to be ok in the video. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread