What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Madieu Williams - Can we drop him from the top 10 finally please (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
redman said:
Volatility is crucial, no doubt. What I love is when an NFL team can score 3 points the whole game and your opponent has that guy that scored 40 fantasy points when his team scored only 3 in real life.

I look at it in more simplistic terms. For ex...if williams gets 3 takles one week and 4 another. I'm not going to make the assumption that he will now warrant a #1 slot at DB based on anything other than playing against A MAC division team.

BTW - I will post point system later
You mind pointing me to an example of that because I sincerely doubt that in anything but the most :11: scoring system a player could put up 40 points without scoring any TD's. It's only fair because, you know, you were asking for examples of you being insulting. I'd also like to see your projections for your team's starting IDP's this week. I'd think at this point that that would be fair as well.
and no one to date has pointed out where I was insulting :) merely vehemently disagreeing, and rightly so. Its funny how these forums work. No one cared for what I had to say, but now the whole tone has changed. You want my projections? Understandable. Its only $20 per season. You can paypal me.

Curious where Williams will fall on the projections next week :P

And yeah, might want to lock this sucker down and delete it altogether :rolleyes:

redman said:
Volatility is crucial, no doubt. What I love is when an NFL team can score 3 points the whole game and your opponent has that guy that scored 40 fantasy points when his team scored only 3 in real life.

I look at it in more simplistic terms. For ex...if williams gets 3 takles one week and 4 another. I'm not going to make the assumption that he will now warrant a #1 slot at DB based on anything other than playing against A MAC division team.

BTW - I will post point system later
You mind pointing me to an example of that because I sincerely doubt that in anything but the most :11: scoring system a player could put up 40 points without scoring any TD's. It's only fair because, you know, you were asking for examples of you being insulting. I'd also like to see your projections for your team's starting IDP's this week. I'd think at this point that that would be fair as well.
and no one to date has pointed out where I was insulting :wall: merely vehemently disagreeing, and rightly so. Its funny how these forums work. No one cared for what I had to say, but now the whole tone has changed. You want my projections? Understandable. Its only $20 per season. You can paypal me.

Curious where Williams will fall on the projections next week :)

And yeah, might want to lock this sucker down and delete it altogether :P
:rolleyes: :backpeddle:

and no one to date has pointed out where I was insulting :goodposting:
Try your thread title and OP.Telling someone to "get a clue" and to "put some thought into who goes on that list" is not just disagreeing with them. It's extremely insulting to say that the staff here doesn't have a clue when it comes to IDPs and/or that they don't put any thought into the product they market.Your reasons to downgrade him dramatically (a few bad games) have been refuted a few times in this thread, at least, with detailed explanation, and efforts to help you use the projections/cheatsheets in a way that is most beneficial for the rules/setup of your specific (read: non-"standard") league have seemingly been ignored. I'm still not sure what you're looking for.If all you ever wanted to do was simply vent, you've done that. But that would be a pretty useless thread for the rest of the board community. Thankfully, the staff and bonscott (as well as others I'm probably forgetting) have posted some very useful thoughts and discussions on player evaluation, what goes into predictions, and how to maximize the worth of cheatsheets/projections based on individual league specifications (some of this was also discussed in last weeks "The Audible").

and no one to date has pointed out where I was insulting :thumbup:
Try your thread title and OP.Telling someone to "get a clue" and to "put some thought into who goes on that list" is not just disagreeing with them. It's extremely insulting to say that the staff here doesn't have a clue when it comes to IDPs and/or that they don't put any thought into the product they market.Your reasons to downgrade him dramatically (a few bad games) have been refuted a few times in this thread, at least, with detailed explanation, and efforts to help you use the projections/cheatsheets in a way that is most beneficial for the rules/setup of your specific (read: non-"standard") league have seemingly been ignored. I'm still not sure what you're looking for.If all you ever wanted to do was simply vent, you've done that. But that would be a pretty useless thread for the rest of the board community. Thankfully, the staff and bonscott (as well as others I'm probably forgetting) have posted some very useful thoughts and discussions on player evaluation, what goes into predictions, and how to maximize the worth of cheatsheets/projections based on individual league specifications (some of this was also discussed in last weeks "The Audible").
ah...sorry I hurt your feelings. Ok, how about "hey kindly would you guys re-evaluate your projections? Gee...It seems like something may be getting overlooked.." Sorry I don't 'sugar-coat' things to not hurt 'fragile feelings'. Like I said...this is football, not ballet. AND...this it my whole contention that since thousands of people ARE paying for this content. The writers should be held to a higher standard than the avg Joe. Some poster asked about my projections for next week? I don't get paid good $$ to evaluate and scout to do it....that's why I turn to this as a viable source. "Your reasons to downgrade him dramatically (a few bad games) have been refuted a few times in this thread, at least, with detailed explanation, and efforts to help you use the projections/cheatsheets in a way that is most beneficial for the rules/setup of your specific (read: non-"standard") league have seemingly been ignored. I'm still not sure what you're looking for."I'm not sure what league you are in and what your 'specific' scoring is....it is irrelevant. Don't you get it? The guy had one assist. He has sucked for 3 weeks in a row. You may be so guarded that you don't like my attitude....bottom line is....I'm right - thats what really sucks, isn't it? Get over it! Fix the projections....I'm done...I've made my point. Ignorance is bliss ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My only question is why the dropoff? Change in scheme? Sharing time? Teams throwing to other side of field? Bad matchups in consecutive weeks? Playing hurt?

Aside from the "he was never any good talk", how does the guy go from being one of the top DB scorers to nothing for 3 - 4 weeks? I mean, it's not like the Bengals defense is actually getting off the field.

and no one to date has pointed out where I was insulting :homer:
ah...sorry I hurt your feelings. Ok, how about "hey kindly would you guys re-evaluate your projections? Gee...It seems like something may be getting overlooked.." Sorry I don't 'sugar-coat' things to not hurt 'fragile feelings'. Like I said...this is football, not ballet. AND...this it my whole contention that since thousands of people ARE paying for this content. The writers should be held to a higher standard than the avg Joe. Some poster asked about my projections for next week? I don't get paid good $$ to evaluate and scout to do it....that's why I turn to this as a viable source. "Your reasons to downgrade him dramatically (a few bad games) have been refuted a few times in this thread, at least, with detailed explanation, and efforts to help you use the projections/cheatsheets in a way that is most beneficial for the rules/setup of your specific (read: non-"standard") league have seemingly been ignored. I'm still not sure what you're looking for."I'm not sure what league you are in and what your 'specific' scoring is....it is irrelevant. Don't you get it? The guy had one assist. He has sucked for 3 weeks in a row. You may be so guarded that you don't like my attitude....bottom line is....I'm right - thats what really sucks, isn't it? Get over it! Fix the projections....I'm done...I've made my point. Ignorance is bliss :o
Actually, you've run your point into the ground... :P Mommy and Daddy must not have taught you the lesson years ago that it's not what you say... it's how you say it. And you've been a total ### about it. Not to mention that being "right" might not always be as important as being someone everyone else cares to be around for it to matter whether you are right or not.There is a "right" and wrong way to do things... bottom line is, you chose the latter and for that you get whatever comes to you.

and no one to date has pointed out where I was insulting :o
ah...sorry I hurt your feelings. Ok, how about "hey kindly would you guys re-evaluate your projections? Gee...It seems like something may be getting overlooked.." Sorry I don't 'sugar-coat' things to not hurt 'fragile feelings'. Like I said...this is football, not ballet. AND...this it my whole contention that since thousands of people ARE paying for this content. The writers should be held to a higher standard than the avg Joe. Some poster asked about my projections for next week? I don't get paid good $$ to evaluate and scout to do it....that's why I turn to this as a viable source. "Your reasons to downgrade him dramatically (a few bad games) have been refuted a few times in this thread, at least, with detailed explanation, and efforts to help you use the projections/cheatsheets in a way that is most beneficial for the rules/setup of your specific (read: non-"standard") league have seemingly been ignored. I'm still not sure what you're looking for."I'm not sure what league you are in and what your 'specific' scoring is....it is irrelevant. Don't you get it? The guy had one assist. He has sucked for 3 weeks in a row. You may be so guarded that you don't like my attitude....bottom line is....I'm right - thats what really sucks, isn't it? Get over it! Fix the projections....I'm done...I've made my point. Ignorance is bliss :moneybag:
FYI the people who have objected to your non-sense the most (at least in the posts in this forum)are not the staff that gets paid but common folk like myself who are also paying customers. Norton and JB have tried to explain their rationale for their rankings but you seem to be having nothing of it. Most of us come here for info so WE can best rank OUR own players. I rarely ever use cheat sheets from any site because I think I can do a better job managing my own team. If I wanted Norton to run my team I would give him my password to MFL and go play checkers from September to December.

and no one to date has pointed out where I was insulting :o
ah...sorry I hurt your feelings. Ok, how about "hey kindly would you guys re-evaluate your projections? Gee...It seems like something may be getting overlooked.." Sorry I don't 'sugar-coat' things to not hurt 'fragile feelings'. Like I said...this is football, not ballet. AND...this it my whole contention that since thousands of people ARE paying for this content. The writers should be held to a higher standard than the avg Joe. Some poster asked about my projections for next week? I don't get paid good $$ to evaluate and scout to do it....that's why I turn to this as a viable source. "Your reasons to downgrade him dramatically (a few bad games) have been refuted a few times in this thread, at least, with detailed explanation, and efforts to help you use the projections/cheatsheets in a way that is most beneficial for the rules/setup of your specific (read: non-"standard") league have seemingly been ignored. I'm still not sure what you're looking for."I'm not sure what league you are in and what your 'specific' scoring is....it is irrelevant. Don't you get it? The guy had one assist. He has sucked for 3 weeks in a row. You may be so guarded that you don't like my attitude....bottom line is....I'm right - thats what really sucks, isn't it? Get over it! Fix the projections....I'm done...I've made my point. Ignorance is bliss ;)
Actually, you've run your point into the ground... :P Mommy and Daddy must not have taught you the lesson years ago that it's not what you say... it's how you say it. And you've been a total ### about it. Not to mention that being "right" might not always be as important as being someone everyone else cares to be around for it to matter whether you are right or not.There is a "right" and wrong way to do things... bottom line is, you chose the latter and for that you get whatever comes to you.
hopefully I did and hopefully williams is not on the projection listing and when someone has 2 or 3 down weeks in a row, maybe they won't still be projected near the top until they can prove they deserve the ranking. "Mommy and Daddy?" LMAO...I'm not the one crying about not being nice and insulting because I didn't watch what I said. If you read back, I've only been an ### when challenged....fact is....Madieu was not worth a top 10 slot. I called it out and after taking a beating here, I was right. Projections are about what is going to happen in the future, but has to be based on the near past. His near past has not proven good...his projection should not either. In reality, its a pretty simple formula that everyone wants to make complicated.

and no one to date has pointed out where I was insulting :thumbup:
ah...sorry I hurt your feelings. Ok, how about "hey kindly would you guys re-evaluate your projections? Gee...It seems like something may be getting overlooked.." Sorry I don't 'sugar-coat' things to not hurt 'fragile feelings'. Like I said...this is football, not ballet. AND...this it my whole contention that since thousands of people ARE paying for this content. The writers should be held to a higher standard than the avg Joe. Some poster asked about my projections for next week? I don't get paid good $$ to evaluate and scout to do it....that's why I turn to this as a viable source. "Your reasons to downgrade him dramatically (a few bad games) have been refuted a few times in this thread, at least, with detailed explanation, and efforts to help you use the projections/cheatsheets in a way that is most beneficial for the rules/setup of your specific (read: non-"standard") league have seemingly been ignored. I'm still not sure what you're looking for."I'm not sure what league you are in and what your 'specific' scoring is....it is irrelevant. Don't you get it? The guy had one assist. He has sucked for 3 weeks in a row. You may be so guarded that you don't like my attitude....bottom line is....I'm right - thats what really sucks, isn't it? Get over it! Fix the projections....I'm done...I've made my point. Ignorance is bliss :kicksrock:
FYI the people who have objected to your non-sense the most (at least in the posts in this forum)are not the staff that gets paid but common folk like myself who are also paying customers. Norton and JB have tried to explain their rationale for their rankings but you seem to be having nothing of it. Most of us come here for info so WE can best rank OUR own players. I rarely ever use cheat sheets from any site because I think I can do a better job managing my own team. If I wanted Norton to run my team I would give him my password to MFL and go play checkers from September to December.
What was the non-sense? Williams should not be ranked so high this week? 1 assist? So that was non-sense. I am pretty sure that the forum is free to use. Why do you pay then if you don't use the tools that are offered? I do use them. Not solely, but I do use them. I pay for them, as do all members that use them. Like anything, day in and day out....we all get lazy and I think people should be held accountable when they are held to a 'higher' level of knowledge and have put themselves out there, as such. I don't want anyone to run my team either, but like you, I seek any relevant info that may help inform me of moves that might be best for me on any given week.

My only question is why the dropoff? Change in scheme? Sharing time? Teams throwing to other side of field? Bad matchups in consecutive weeks? Playing hurt?Aside from the "he was never any good talk", how does the guy go from being one of the top DB scorers to nothing for 3 - 4 weeks? I mean, it's not like the Bengals defense is actually getting off the field.
I, unfortunately, get to watch every Bengal game :kicksrock: . Call me stubborn if you like, I still believe it's variance.To my eyes, he's not being used much differently, with the caveat that the Bengals have seen a lot more multiWR sets over the past three weeks than in the first six which tends to push him into a more Ed Reed like role than a Brian Dawkins like role. Williams is still coming on two-three run blitzes each game, he's still creeping down into the box a fair number of times. I don't believe there's an injury, although I didn't see much of him against the four WR sets late in the Baltimore game. He was playing corner against those formations earlier in the game so whether that was my crappy non-HD picture or something else will have to wait until mid-week.

We don't lock threads because of dissenting opinions. We will lock threads that degenerate from discussion of IDP issues to discussion of the personalities involved in posting.I'm looking forward to more discussion of this next week as I still think the larger points are being missed. Rest assured, however, that if next week turns into a "See, I told you so" or "Stop making excuses" or "Poster X doesn't get it" without some general discussion of the concepts and philosophy behind the rankings, this thread will be locked.
Feel free to open a new thread on how Williams has performed over the past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread